Grace for the Millers

gibberish
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grace for the Millers

Unread post by gibberish »

sparkledglitter wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:25 am [Your reply kinda mad me annoyed, like out of everything I wrote you can only think about covid? Corona hasn't been a pandemic for years, only a few months. What does that have to do to with homeschooling when they have been homeschooled for years? And oh wow, Reese's grandma lives in TN, cool I believe she can't wait to hang out with her grandmother every single day since she does not have any friends. When I said parties, sports and hanging out with friends I didn't mean right now, but when we don't need to social distancing anymore. We don't have to do it forever, and I am sure all of the kids will miss hanging out like eventually. they need to think before they do stuff lol, they can't just pack up and move when they know how it affected the whole family last time. Corona has NOTHING to do with their choices they take. They should have enrolled them years ago, and they shouldn't move to TN at all they have nothin to do there honestly, just Amanadas mom.]
Yes, from your list of complaints, I picked one to address. I know they have homeschooled for years...but that can't be changed now. Now, in the present they have a choice to public school or home school. I just pointed out to you that NOW is a time I wouldn't choose to blame parents for keeping their kids out crowded public schools. Regarding the sports, new friends, parties, etc, you may have meant Later...but you didn't say that. Sure, everyone looks forward to those things, we're just not at the point that's a wise thing to do. I said Amanda's parents live in TN...not in reference to Reese...but because Amanda said her mother/parents would be close by to lend an occasional helping hand and that it would be nice to be able to see them more often.

They're moving because Stephen got a job offer. A steady job. Since covid hit, he's been unable to tour with his band. He's done sideline work taking photos and I think a couple of other pick up type things, but he's not making enough money. I know they move a lot, I've said so myself they're unsettled. But imo, it's better to make a move before they lose the house, rather than sit there and be evicted/foreclosed on.
Fmg
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Fmg »

gibberish wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:21 pm
sparkledglitter wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:25 am [Your reply kinda mad me annoyed, like out of everything I wrote you can only think about covid? Corona hasn't been a pandemic for years, only a few months. What does that have to do to with homeschooling when they have been homeschooled for years? And oh wow, Reese's grandma lives in TN, cool I believe she can't wait to hang out with her grandmother every single day since she does not have any friends. When I said parties, sports and hanging out with friends I didn't mean right now, but when we don't need to social distancing anymore. We don't have to do it forever, and I am sure all of the kids will miss hanging out like eventually. they need to think before they do stuff lol, they can't just pack up and move when they know how it affected the whole family last time. Corona has NOTHING to do with their choices they take. They should have enrolled them years ago, and they shouldn't move to TN at all they have nothin to do there honestly, just Amanadas mom.]
Yes, from your list of complaints, I picked one to address. I know they have homeschooled for years...but that can't be changed now. Now, in the present they have a choice to public school or home school. I just pointed out to you that NOW is a time I wouldn't choose to blame parents for keeping their kids out crowded public schools. Regarding the sports, new friends, parties, etc, you may have meant Later...but you didn't say that. Sure, everyone looks forward to those things, we're just not at the point that's a wise thing to do. I said Amanda's parents live in TN...not in reference to Reese...but because Amanda said her mother/parents would be close by to lend an occasional helping hand and that it would be nice to be able to see them more often.

They're moving because Stephen got a job offer. A steady job. Since covid hit, he's been unable to tour with his band. He's done sideline work taking photos and I think a couple of other pick up type things, but he's not making enough money. I know they move a lot, I've said so myself they're unsettled. But imo, it's better to make a move before they lose the house, rather than sit there and be evicted/foreclosed on.
You are incorrect. Stephen’s new job is remote and so can work from any location. The job he took is scamming people with the organization that supposedly helps orphans, but instead lines the pockets of the employees more so than the orphans. That is why they promote the organization so much. It helps their income.
Fmg
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Fmg »

gibberish wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:21 pm

You are incorrect. Stephen’s new job is remote and so can work from any location. The job he took is scamming people with the organization that supposedly helps orphans, but instead lines the pockets of the employees more so than the orphans. That is why they promote the organization so much. It helps their income.
Pinkberries

Unread post by Pinkberries »

serengetination wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:46 pm
AnnaleeChan wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:28 am
serengetination wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:56 pm I think they had a falling out with the Datugans during their Colorado ski trip when Mel got injured. I know I saw some comments on that video asking why Mel and the Millers had unfollowed each other afterwards, but I bet those were deleted soon after. This is a stretch but I can totally see the Millers choosing to keep skiing/snowboarding instead of going to the urgent care to be with their friends bc they never get time away from their humongous group of kids so they're gonna enjoy this vacation time, damnit!

To me, the Millers seem off because it's obvious they're trying to push this perpetually perfect happy family image out to their viewers when that's unrealistic. The dad in particular really hams it up when the cameras are on and seems to need to be the center of attention, whether it involves interrupting Amanda, breaking out into song all the time to show off that he can sing, or doing all kinds of accents to again show off his talent. Yeah he's playing up the dorky dad image partly to embarrass his kids but unfortunately I think he embarrasses himself more. Luckily we can see some of the guard being let down through Reese's vlogs. The family comes across way more human and normal in her videos. Doesn't seem like anyone's acting nearly as much in those.

Another note: does anyone else feel like maybe the kids might not be getting enough to eat whenever they cook at home? I always take a look at their plate and it doesn't seem like much, especially for the older kids. Take a look at their dinner:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt6mNjO241U. A little bit of rice, four meatballs, and a small scoop of green beans? Really?? I hope the kids are able to snack throughout the day because those meals are tiny :(
Oh, I didn't watch the ski trip. Well, something must've happened there.

I never liked the dad too. He's the fake/obnoxious type, just like Phil (from Phil and Alex, another crazy couple). I personally despise the "motivator" type of people. You know, ones who think they're so smart that they start lecturing you about things. Makes me want to slap their mouths with my rubber slippers.
I'd recommend checking it out. Things start off well in the vlog but then Mel gets injured and then...
i watched their channel when they had a few thousand followers and it was different then - had more like a family home video feel to it. Stopped after they started gaining more subscribers, the videos became more produced/manufactured, and after the video where Jude got yelled at because Amanda was having a difficult time caring for Lincoln and his moods. I don't know why that bothered me so much (and that video did get deleted afterwards) but it was then that something went off. I asked myself, why am I watching this and contributing to these kids being in front of the camera so much (at that point, the videos were made almost daily and sometimes pushed out twice a day). Also I kinda feel for the older boys and thought they should be in school, given a chance to be around other people, and do extracurricular activities. As for Mel & Shane becoming closer friends with them - ha! saw that train wreck from a mile away. I pick up on vibes and most honest way I can say it is that I get those vibes from the Millers. Stephen is natural around Phil while there's an awkwardness, like a wall & distance when he's around Shane.
Fmg
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Fmg »

I used to enjoy their channel, but it definitely now has “fake” vibes. They seem like they are acting and it has now become less enjoyable to watch. They have a ‘Stauffer family” vibe. Phony and fake is what they put out now.
serengetination
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by serengetination »

Very curious to see the kids' socialization in the next few years, especially as some of the younger kids hit middle school / high school age. While they're lucky that they have so many other siblings to talk to every day, that's no substitute for mingling with plenty of other classmates their own age. Penelope and Ethan especially thrived from going to public school.
noturprobleim
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by noturprobleim »

I actually quite like the Millers still but I find both Stephen and Reece quite grating. But I agree that Penelope and Liam would do better in real school with kids their age. And I know that the school system is different in the US but surely a kid with as many difficulties as Lincoln would benefit from being in some sort of educational setting rather than being at home and treated like a baby when he's actually 5.
sparkledglitter
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sparkledglitter »

Did anyone else notice that they are referring Lincoln as a toddler when he's 5? I understand that he isn't developing as fast as other 5 years old, and mentally he is 2-3, but what I've learned is to NEVER act as if people with his condition or similar like developmentally disabled in general are younger than they are. That is disrespectful and it doesn't help them with their development. They are honestly treating every single one as babies, and I know as a parent you don't want your kids to grow up, but honestly, they need to get a grip and make all of them more mature. Enroll them to school, get Lincoln to some sort of a school, get Reese out a long with other teenagers, Penelope and Keira to school. Liam and Jude literally don't have one single friend, make them to sports and school. Ethan can't grow up without being around any other kids. THIS FAMILY MAKES ME MAD AF!!
reesemiller03
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by reesemiller03 »

Hey guys, Reese here! Thank you so much for all of the kind comments, we really appreciate them lol. But for real, it’s so easy to make assumptions and rude comments about what you think you know but the funny part is that everything you are saying is completely untrue. Like, literally all of it. We are not some weird robots, we are actual human beings who do the same things you guys do. I really don’t understand why people would act like we’re sheltered weirdos who don’t have friends, how would you know if any of us have friends? We’re not gonna pull out a camera every time we have someone over because that’s weird. This website is honestly very sad, why would you choose to continue to fuel your hate for someone? If you don’t like us or agree with us, or we make you MAD AF, then don’t watch. It’s really not that hard to be a kind person. Seriously we have the golden rule engrained in our kids but we don’t even follow it ourselves. Please educate yourselves because comments like these can really negatively affect people mentally.
sparkledglitter
Amateur
Amateur

reesemiller03 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:13 am Hey guys, Reese here! Thank you so much for all of the kind comments, we really appreciate them lol. But for real, it’s so easy to make assumptions and rude comments about what you think you know but the funny part is that everything you are saying is completely untrue. Like, literally all of it. We are not some weird robots, we are actual human beings who do the same things you guys do. I really don’t understand why people would act like we’re sheltered weirdos who don’t have friends, how would you know if any of us have friends? We’re not gonna pull out a camera every time we have someone over because that’s weird. This website is honestly very sad, why would you choose to continue to fuel your hate for someone? If you don’t like us or agree with us, or we make you MAD AF, then don’t watch. It’s really not that hard to be a kind person. Seriously we have the golden rule engrained in our kids but we don’t even follow it ourselves. Please educate yourselves because comments like these can really negatively affect people mentally.

[Hi. This isn’t just about you. We have the right to discuss youtubers bad sides as they choose to go public and share their lives. We know you have lots of friends, and we, or atleast I, am not concerned about the amount of friends but about your development. Maybe not yours, since you’re almost 18, but the others. They sit around a small table doing schoolwork and that’s just wrong! They need to be with other kids, in a community, with sports and different things. They need to learn new things with others and not just with the family. The way you’re acting with Lincoln isn’t healthy either, you need to treat him like a 5 years old and not like he’s 2. Its going to slow down his development. Ethan is a little kid. For his development he NEEDS to see a teacher, kids his age to play with. I’m sorry but that what ever kids wants. Do you think they just want to hang out at home with the same people everyday? No they want to run around everyday and meet new people. I just feel really bad for you all especially since you moved to a new state where you dont know a a single person. You may have friends, but what about Liam, Ethan, penelope etc? And also sorry to say, but you all are turning just like all of the others family youtubers. You dont take critism very well and you all are trying too hard to be this perfect family and it seems so off and fake. We have the RIGHT to say and think that because we are the viewers and basically give you all the chance to make videos so you can have an income. ]
sparkledglitter
Amateur
Amateur

How tf do I make a reply to someone? Why does it get a part of the persons reply? lol
Emily81
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emily81 »

reesemiller03 wrote:Hey guys, Reese here! Thank you so much for all of the kind comments, we really appreciate them lol. But for real, it’s so easy to make assumptions and rude comments about what you think you know but the funny part is that everything you are saying is completely untrue. Like, literally all of it. We are not some weird robots, we are actual human beings who do the same things you guys do. I really don’t understand why people would act like we’re sheltered weirdos who don’t have friends, how would you know if any of us have friends? We’re not gonna pull out a camera every time we have someone over because that’s weird. This website is honestly very sad, why would you choose to continue to fuel your hate for someone? If you don’t like us or agree with us, or we make you MAD AF, then don’t watch. It’s really not that hard to be a kind person. Seriously we have the golden rule engrained in our kids but we don’t even follow it ourselves. Please educate yourselves because comments like these can really negatively affect people mentally.
Hi @reesemiller03,
welcome!

What, you youtubers, seem not to understand is that it was you who chose to make part of your life public, true or fake, it is how you want to be seen.
You want the money, you want the fame but, not the criticisms.
What you do is entertainment, and all kinds of entertainment have always had their critics. Literary critics, film critics, etc. And you, youtubers, are no different.
Criticism is part of everyone's life, even those who are not in the entertainment world.
It's funny when youtubers say in their videos, or make viewers believe, how genuine they are but, as soon as they get a criticism, then "the reality is different from what you see in the videos". Ironic, right?

I understand that, for people like you, who have always lived in a bubble, it is difficult to understand and accept but, you better get used to it because it won't go away, as long as you want to make money exposing minors on the internet without any respect for their privacy, without taking into account that they will never be able to choose and as long as you support people who give their children away as if they were toys (or animals), you'll be criticized.

Interestingly, you felt the need to come here to stand up for your family and mentioned the mental health effects.
Perhaps you should hold your parents accountable for making your life public in front of thousands of strangers without taking into account the psychological impact on you and your siblings. Think about it and, if you feel the need, try to talk to a professional. There is nothing wrong with seeking help.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

tiredofmommydrama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by tiredofmommydrama »

reese is only 16 or 17 i dont see a point of arguing with an underage teenager on the internet guys lol.

Honestly I like some aspects of the family and the kids are sweet but I do agree the kids seem a bit isolated. But it’s possible they have friends that just aren’t shown on video it’s not like cameras follow them around. I know when Penny was in public school she had friends. Also important to remember with COVID things are more complicated.
sparkledglitter
Amateur
Amateur

Can everyone please just stop with the whole corona thing? Dude, corona never stopped them from going to school. They had home schooling waaaaay before corona even was a topic, and its f*cking sad to see how all of them just sat around a small table doing schoolwork. Like no they don't have any friends at all expect for Reese, in every vlog you can see Ethan, Jude and Liam play with each other 24/7, and Lincoln being treated as a 2 year old little baby. What does corona has to do with that? And btw, most of the cases doesn't happen because of kids in school. As a part time job in college I work in a daycare center and trust me, corona happens because of parties and things like that. Not because of kids.Schools are open again for a reason, so get the kids OUT OF the damn house so maaaaaybe lincoln can be better, Ethan can develop as he should be, and Liam and Jude can finally be around other people than each other and do sports, Penelope can learn more English and meet new people.

And Reese, this isn't about you. We know you have friends, but the others doesn't and if you had known how sad it is from our point of view that none of the other kids doesn't have anything to do besides being with the family and lincoln being treated as a toddler, then you would have understand. It is SAD to watch. Please just get the kids out of the house and let them be kids
rbyrolg
Talker
Talker

Unread post by rbyrolg »

Does anyone remember when they were going to counseling? Amanda had some moments when she was crying on camera, talking about “overcoming something” as a couple. He looked sheepish. What do we think about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lanalee
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Lanalee »

reesemiller03 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:13 am Hey guys, Reese here! Thank you so much for all of the kind comments, we really appreciate them lol. But for real, it’s so easy to make assumptions and rude comments about what you think you know but the funny part is that everything you are saying is completely untrue. Like, literally all of it. We are not some weird robots, we are actual human beings who do the same things you guys do. I really don’t understand why people would act like we’re sheltered weirdos who don’t have friends, how would you know if any of us have friends? We’re not gonna pull out a camera every time we have someone over because that’s weird. This website is honestly very sad, why would you choose to continue to fuel your hate for someone? If you don’t like us or agree with us, or we make you MAD AF, then don’t watch. It’s really not that hard to be a kind person. Seriously we have the golden rule engrained in our kids but we don’t even follow it ourselves. Please educate yourselves because comments like these can really negatively affect people mentally.
Hey Reese! With all due respect, hun, you’ve got the situation backwards—if you don’t like what people have to say about your family’s vlogs (and that’s perfectly understandable!) you should stay far away from sites such as these. (You should probably stay away from them regardless because you’re still a minor). I understand you didn’t specifically make this choice for your family, but when you decide to put your life on the internet for profit, you open yourself to criticism and comments, whether they’re warranted or not. It’s simply the consequences of making a name/following for yourself and it’s unavoidable. If you want to keep going with your own vlog series and make more of an independent internet presence for yourself when you become an adult, it’s imperative for your mental health that you understand this. I suggest you show your parents your post and discuss this with them. I used to work in talent representation and we had an old adage we used to tell our clients: “You don’t have fans or haters, you have an audience. They’re basically the same people, and you have to take everything they say with a large grain of salt.” Best of luck in the future, Reese!
Lanalee
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Lanalee »

rbyrolg wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:39 am Does anyone remember when they were going to counseling? Amanda had some moments when she was crying on camera, talking about “overcoming something” as a couple. He looked sheepish. What do we think about that?

I think that was when Stephen lost his job as Worship Pastor at their church in San Antonio. Does anyone have details on why that happened?
tiredofmommydrama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by tiredofmommydrama »

I really hope Amanda is okay...would be awful for the kids if she was seriously sick.
SunnyV
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by SunnyV »

rbyrolg wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:39 am Does anyone remember when they were going to counseling? Amanda had some moments when she was crying on camera, talking about “overcoming something” as a couple. He looked sheepish. What do we think about that?

I have wondered about that also. I don't think it was anything to do with Stephens job, I just didn't get that vibe. It seemed very personal. I hate when people give you vague info. Either tell us or don't, I just can't stand the mystery.

I do like them and feel like they are very much in love and their kids seem happy and well adjusted.
Bobthedog
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bobthedog »

I think Amanda is really pretty but far too thin and Steven could do with losing some wieght, he seems to adore her and their millions of kids, Lincoln’s progress is phenomenal given his diagnosis and longer term prognosis. So what irritates me about them....ummm the way they treat Reece and Penelope so differently, Reece is treated like she is their best mate and Penelope is so very much the adopted daughter, there seems to be a barrier between Penelope and Amanda, she’s all over Steven much of the time and wonder if Amanda doesn’t like it. I also find it cringe that Amanda constantly refers to herself and Steven and mommy and daddy.....these are teenage kids and she wants them calling her mommy, as someone else commented they don’t go to school and never seem to do much outside of the family. Penelope did go to school though in Texas and said that she really liked it, but I guess as they have moved again that must have ended for her. So it’s just church, church and more church.....

Return to “A-H”