Grace for the Millers

tiredofmommydrama
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Grace for the Millers

Unread post by tiredofmommydrama »

Any one watch them? Family of 9. 3 biological kids 4 adopted kids.

So far they are cute, I feel they just decided to make videos for extra income, especially with the medical issues Lincoln had but who can blame them. They don't really seem to be into the getting famous thing.
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Re: Grace for the Millers

Unread post by gibberish »

tiredofmommydrama wrote:Any one watch them? Family of 9. 3 biological kids 4 adopted kids.

So far they are cute, I feel they just decided to make videos for extra income, especially with the medical issues Lincoln had but who can blame them. They don't really seem to be into the getting famous thing.
I watch them. So far, I really like them...especially Amanda. The kids seem sweet.
AnnaleeChan
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by AnnaleeChan »

I watched them. They seemed alright so far.

But then they met up with Alex and Phil. Hmm. I'm worried.
gibberish
Informer
Informer

AnnaleeChan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:13 am I watched them. They seemed alright so far.

But then they met up with Alex and Phil. Hmm. I'm worried.
I don't know Alex and Phil...

Lincoln seems to be improving. Hope he continues to get better.
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Yikes! I'd hate to stay in the motel room next to the Millers. Such loud laughing from Lincoln and Ethan...brought on by Stephen. Very inconsiderate.
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FlowersTar 68 »

Lincoln is doing amazingly well.
I like this family.
Emily81
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emily81 »

FlowersTar 68 wrote:Lincoln is doing amazingly well.
I like this family.
They are arrogant and fake.
Watch carefully and you'll see.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

gibberish
Informer
Informer

Emily81 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:35 am
I like this family.

I've never gotten that impression. I've watched a looong time.
Emily81
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emily81 »

gibberish wrote:
Emily81 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:35 am
I like this family.

Long time ago I saw a comment from a viewer concerned about the amount of plastic they use and asking why they always use plastic plates and cutlery and advising to pay more attention when they were grocery shopping (if I'm not mistaken it was a video where she showed the groceries for the week), because every item was wrapped in plastic. The viewer was not rude but she answered in a really rude and arrogant way practically telling the viewer to mind her/his own business. Someone else replayed saying he agreed with the other viewer and asking why being so rude, the comments went back and forth until her husband (I don't remember the name), came in with his personal account insulting the viewers. Then she said she would have blocked both and delete the comments.

Another thing that I've noticed is that they are on YouTube just for the money (like almost everyone), but they claim is not the case and that they want to share their adoption experience with everyone. Sadly they started the channel when they were in financial difficulty. At least be honest.

There were so many other things that I don't remember now, I stopped watching long ago.

Oh, and their virtual "friendship" with the Stauffer's should ring a bell too.

eulalie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by eulalie »

The friendships with Phil & Alex as well as the Stauffers are troubling, considering these people are all examples of what an adoptive parent shouldn't be. The Millers do seem like sweet people, though. I think the way they posted about Lincoln's surgeries etc. seemed quite exploitative, but that's the only problem I've ever really had with them.
Dramama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Dramama »

Emily81 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:38 am
gibberish wrote:
Emily81 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:35 am They are arrogant and fake.

Long time ago I saw a comment from a viewer concerned about the amount of plastic they use and asking why they always use plastic plates and cutlery and advising to pay more attention when they were grocery shopping (if I'm not mistaken it was a video where she showed the groceries for the week), because every item was wrapped in plastic. The viewer was not rude but she answered in a really rude and arrogant way practically telling the viewer to mind her/his own business. Someone else replayed saying he agreed with the other viewer and asking why being so rude, the comments went back and forth until her husband (I don't remember the name), came in with his personal account insulting the viewers. Then she said she would have blocked both and delete the comments.

Another thing that I've noticed is that they are on YouTube just for the money (like almost everyone), but they claim is not the case and that they want to share their adoption experience with everyone. Sadly they started the channel when they were in financial difficulty. At least be honest.

There were so many other things that I don't remember now, I stopped watching long ago.

Oh, and their virtual "friendship" with the Stauffer's should ring a bell too.

I went to look for the comments you talked about. Looks like most of them were deleted.

They did say they got into YouTube to earn some extra income to pay for medical bills.

Generally, I like the family, but there are moments that make me doubt how much of what I see is true.

Just a few examples:

There was a YouTube comment about her abusing the kids. The YouTuber provided a link, but it was not clickable. I went back to it when I got on my pc, but the comment was already removed.

Around the time the family said they were going through something hard, there were comments asking if Stephen was no longer working at the church. Those comments were quickly removed.

I think before their 2nd china trip, Penelope uploaded on her Instagram a chat screenshot with her foster mom. The foster mom said she regrets letting Penelope go to America. I find this very weird. No matter how much she misses Penelope, if Penelope is living a better life and gets the medical help she desperately wants, be happy for her, why regret?

In the earliest videos, Lincoln didn't seem to bond with most family members. Things started to change (at least on screen) after commenters pointed it out.
ban1o
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ban1o »

I like the Millers and I like watching their videos but I can’t lie the whole Myka Stauffer situation has made me rethink things. The majority of the their viewers are clearly due to Lincoln.I’m not going to lie I’m guilty because I mainly watch their videos to check on Lincoln’s progress. Of course the Millers and Stauffer’s situations are completely different and I don’t think they would ever give him away but I have been thinking about the ethics of making so much money off a special needs adopted child who has no say in how much he is being filmed.

I know they have said that the reason they started YouTube was to help pay for Lincoln’s higher than expected medical costs but still...
PattyJul
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by PattyJul »

I follow "The Millers" too, just to see Lincoln's progress. I read in some of the Huxley support group instagram that the Millers are supporting the Stauffers. (I did not personally see them). And that they are deleting comments relating to the Stauffers on instagram. I always felt if you have nothing to hide, why delete? I am becoming skeptic too. If this is all about money, and not the child progress, I dont want any part of it. But I did see one comment from The Millers on Youtube that they will address the issue about the Stauffers soon. I also follow "Mel" and I dont know what her take on all this.
Ljs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ljs »

I see they are moving. Except that they don't know where.... :| Have they said why and I missed it? I could understand if they were moving to be closer to her family which is one option but it sounds like they're completely open to location.
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Ljs wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:46 pm I see they are moving. Except that they don't know where.... :| Have they said why and I missed it? I could understand if they were moving to be closer to her family which is one option but it sounds like they're completely open to location.
No, they seem so unsettled, to me. This is the 3 or 4th move since I've followed them. With him not touring with the band due to the virus, he's home a lot and the both of them have been in therapy as they say there are issues. They don't say what their problems are but have commented frequently they are in therapy. It could be money problems, but they are planning a trip to Ethiopia. I've felt for awhile there is something going on, but I don't know what, just a feeling.
AnnaleeChan
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by AnnaleeChan »

gibberish wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:11 pm
Ljs wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:46 pm I see they are moving. Except that they don't know where.... :| Have they said why and I missed it? I could understand if they were moving to be closer to her family which is one option but it sounds like they're completely open to location.
No, they seem so unsettled, to me. This is the 3 or 4th move since I've followed them. With him not touring with the band due to the virus, he's home a lot and the both of them have been in therapy as they say there are issues. They don't say what their problems are but have commented frequently they are in therapy. It could be money problems, but they are planning a trip to Ethiopia. I've felt for awhile there is something going on, but I don't know what, just a feeling.
It's been a while since I watched them. I used to follow them a bit in the beginning, but then they felt "off" to me, so I unsubscribed. Recently, with the controversy with the Stauffers, I checked in again on some family vloggers, and apparently a lot has happened, huh. I get much "off-er" vibes from the Millers nowadays. Still can't pinpoint what, though. Amanda's constant use of the word "sweet" irks me, but that's subjective. I also don't understand why they want to move again. The one thing I am curious about is why the Millers and Mel Datugan do not follow each other anymore on social media? At least I checked their IG accounts and they are no longer following each other. They used to be "best friends", right? I don't really believe in vloggers being friends (as they tend to be narcissistic), but they did videos together back then or whatever. Anybody knows what happened?
Ljs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ljs »

AnnaleeChan wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:57 pm
gibberish wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:11 pm
It's been a while since I watched them. I used to follow them a bit in the beginning, but then they felt "off" to me, so I unsubscribed. Recently, with the controversy with the Stauffers, I checked in again on some family vloggers, and apparently a lot has happened, huh. I get much "off-er" vibes from the Millers nowadays. Still can't pinpoint what, though. Amanda's constant use of the word "sweet" irks me, but that's subjective. I also don't understand why they want to move again. The one thing I am curious about is why the Millers and Mel Datugan do not follow each other anymore on social media? At least I checked their IG accounts and they are no longer following each other. They used to be "best friends", right? I don't really believe in vloggers being friends (as they tend to be narcissistic), but they did videos together back then or whatever. Anybody knows what happened?
Oh that is interesting about Mel and Amanda. When Mel and Shane moved to San Antonio they were all over each other and constant about the BFF crap and then Mel and Shane split and she moved back to San Diego. I didn't realize they unfollowed each other.. Maybe Amanda is sad she's stuck with her hubby...
Beebee405
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Beebee405 »

The husband seems gay.
ban1o
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ban1o »

I follow their Insta and I remember when Mel and Shane first moved to San Antonio, Amanda gushed about Mel and went on about how she had prayed to God for a good friend and how Mel was God-sent. From that post I got the impression Amanda doesn't really have many friends. When Mel made that video about their marriage problems and got some backlash for it a few months back Amanda also posted an insta story defending her. Something definitely must have happened.

The random move is very weird to me. Especially because they won't say why. It seems they are leaning on Tennessee and they have family there so maybe that's it? I agree about how unsettled they seem. Their kids also don't do any activities and are mostly homeschooled so I guess it's easy for them to just pick up and movie all the time. Also their constant vague hints about therapy and having issues is weird to me. Their kids seem happy though so I still watch them (mostly to watch Lincoln's progress lmao)
ban1o
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ban1o »

I follow their Insta and I remember when Mel and Shane first moved to San Antonio, Amanda gushed about Mel and went on about how she had prayed to God for a good friend and how Mel was God-sent. From that post I got the impression Amanda doesn't really have many friends. When Mel made that video about their marriage problems and got some backlash for it a few months back Amanda also posted an insta story defending her. Something definitely must have happened.

The random move is very weird to me. Especially because they won't say why. It seems they are leaning on Tennessee and they have family there so maybe that's it? I agree about how unsettled they seem. Their kids also don't do any activities and are mostly homeschooled so I guess it's easy for them to just pick up and movie all the time. Also their constant vague hints about therapy and having issues is weird to me. Their kids seem happy though so I still watch them (mostly to watch Lincoln's progress lmao)

Return to “A-H”