Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Locked
User avatar
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:12 pm
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 2143 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by Steps_to_STFU » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:43 am

ewokfan11 wrote:
lavenderlove wrote:Know what else pisses me off about these assholes? They clearly use that front room they "renovated" as THEIR space to have in her mom's house. They only updated those 2 rooms for their own selfishness. They claimed they were going to renovate the house, room by room. but once they did their rooms, they never had any intention of putting anymore work into that house. Now her poor mom has 2 random ass rooms, and nothing will ever be done in the rest of the house. Not to mention, I bet the mom paid for the materials. ALSO not to mention, they took over the other room with all of junes gigantic toys. It just looks like they've taken over that house as if it's theirs. They are such bums.
Not only that, June has her own room that they've never shown on camera. They've literally taken over her mom's house completely. I bet her mom just stays in her own room and avoids Corbin. I bet she wants them out and her house back.
If I remember correctly June's room is also the storage room.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
TellAll
Talker
Talker
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:58 am
Has thanked: 513 times
Been thanked: 1397 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by TellAll » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:06 am

Yeah, honestly I don’t think the grandma(kels mom) cares much about a $10 board game. It’s one thing if it was a strangers stuff but, it’s literally June’s Grandma. Not saying it makes it right but I really don’t think she cares that much.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
ewokfan11
BANNED
BANNED
Posts: 2882
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:00 am
Has thanked: 519 times
Been thanked: 2078 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by ewokfan11 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:06 am

Steps_to_STFU wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
lavenderlove wrote:Know what else pisses me off about these assholes? They clearly use that front room they "renovated" as THEIR space to have in her mom's house. They only updated those 2 rooms for their own selfishness. They claimed they were going to renovate the house, room by room. but once they did their rooms, they never had any intention of putting anymore work into that house. Now her poor mom has 2 random ass rooms, and nothing will ever be done in the rest of the house. Not to mention, I bet the mom paid for the materials. ALSO not to mention, they took over the other room with all of junes gigantic toys. It just looks like they've taken over that house as if it's theirs. They are such bums.
Not only that, June has her own room that they've never shown on camera. They've literally taken over her mom's house completely. I bet her mom just stays in her own room and avoids Corbin. I bet she wants them out and her house back.
If I remember correctly June's room is also the storage room.
Oh, I didn't know that. I guess that's why they never show her room.

Her mom's house is pretty small, so I'm guessing things are getting pretty tense in that small of a space.
Last edited by ewokfan11 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 19107
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 14349 times
Been thanked: 9396 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by lmmomSD » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:07 am

ewokfan11 wrote:Are these two FOR REAL? They spent how much time planning a theme for a 2nd birthday party that's two months away? FFS! They have too much free time.

Also, I could PUNCH Corbin for whining that the theme had to be gender neutral because there are "male relatives" invited. No one CARES!!!!!!! It's not like I'm going to boycott my nephew's birthday party because it's football themed! (Not that only boys like football, just an example.) I just think Corbin is totally NUTS. Is he going to be that dad who never lets her have a Barbie or American Girl doll?

Kelsey is really, really losing herself lately. I thought she said she "found her voice" last year...but I think she's really struggling now. I think the doormat thing is a survival skill and how she keeps Corbin sort of under control. I agree that off camera he's a nightmare to deal with.
That doesn't make sense. Because they were all about gender neutrality before June was born, but now they dress her all "girly".
I guess he's reading here again and saw us calling him out on it, and that's why he's all about it again.
I think he's totally giving Kelsey a bad time off camera about not getting pregnant right away. As has been said, he could have slow swimmers, but of course it's gotta be Kelsey's fault.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:12 pm
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 2143 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by Steps_to_STFU » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:12 am

ewokfan11 wrote:
Steps_to_STFU wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote: Not only that, June has her own room that they've never shown on camera. They've literally taken over her mom's house completely. I bet her mom just stays in her own room and avoids Corbin. I bet she wants them out and her house back.
If I remember correctly June's room is also the storage room.
Oh, I didn't know that. I guess that's why they never show her room.

Her mom's house is pretty small, so I'm guessing things are getting pretty tense in that small of a space.
I remember vaguely when they were talking about the sleeping arrangements they mentioned June would be sharing a room with storage basically. Because having a crib in their room which was already small wouldn't be reasonable to them. Morons.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1457
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 598 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by HashtagBlessed » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:54 am

On the one hand I totally get the anxiety, because when you decide you want a baby, you want to get pregnant right away. But these two are essentially homeless with no job prospects besides a dying channel that is dependent on fake pregnancy clickbait. They need to get their finances in order, get a real source of income, and support the child they already have. I think it has to do with Kelsey having no real identity or life of her own- no real friends, no career, etc. She’s measuring her self-worth by her ability to procreate. She has nothing to do all day, no fulfilling relationships (even her poor mom seems to have vacated her own house), so she obsesses over getting pregnant. She has way too much time on her hands.

I dislike Corbin, but I don’t see anything to indicate that he’s telling Kelsey she’s infertile or that she needed to get pregnant in the first two months of trying. I got the impression Corbin is taking a back seat on this one for once. He didn’t seem that into the ovulation tests, didn’t know how they worked, and he seemed to think she was getting too regimented and worked up over the whole thing. A second pregnancy may provide a bump to their channel, but it will also be more work and will take more time and attention away from Corbin’s main priority, which is Corbin.

While I think it’s ridiculous to veto a second birthday party theme for your daughter because it’s too “girly,” I also think the “tea for two” theme was more for Kelsey than it was for their daughter. June doesn’t drink tea and she might not be into playing with a tea set. If their daughter likes her stuffed cat, an animal theme makes sense. But changing it from “kitty” to zoo animals because it’s somehow less “girly” and more suitable for male party guests is absurd.
Tiger27
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 836
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:00 am
Has thanked: 659 times
Been thanked: 981 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by Tiger27 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:13 pm

TellAll wrote:Yeah, honestly I don’t think the grandma(kels mom) cares much about a $10 board game. It’s one thing if it was a strangers stuff but, it’s literally June’s Grandma. Not saying it makes it right but I really don’t think she cares that much.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s not the fact that it’s a 10 dollar board game, it’s the principle. It’s a respect issue. They moved themselves into her house, redid it how the pleased and are now letting their toddler mess with her things while she’s not home. It’s a cheap board game now but it will surely spiral in to other things. They clearly don’t respect Kelsey’s mother or her belongings.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TellAll
Talker
Talker
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:58 am
Has thanked: 513 times
Been thanked: 1397 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by TellAll » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:01 pm

Yeah, I guess that’s a valid way of looking at it. A bunch of small things can turn into one big one. Her mother seems to be a bit of a push over so once she reaches her breaking point I don’t know where they would go. Corbin’s mom is definitely more outspoken so it wouldn’t surprise me if her and Kels have already head-butted and kels doesn’t feel comfortable living over there. On the other hand, maybe that’s why they’re in such a rush to buy a house and heartbroken when they get turned down. Maybe shit has already hit the fan over at Kelsey’s moms


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
ewokfan11
BANNED
BANNED
Posts: 2882
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:00 am
Has thanked: 519 times
Been thanked: 2078 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by ewokfan11 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:14 am

Another day with no video? I guess they've just run out of things to film.

Since they make $10,000 ( ;) ) a month, I don't see why they don't do some day/weekend trips or even show some of the highlights of Boise.
User avatar
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 533
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:21 pm
Has thanked: 6420 times
Been thanked: 1106 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by jmoysa » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:18 am

ewokfan11 wrote:Another day with no video? I guess they've just run out of things to film.

Since they make $10,000 ( ;) ) a month, I don't see why they don't do some day/weekend trips or even show some of the highlights of Boise.
I was thinking the same thing! He’s probably thinking that since they made a few bucks off the “pregnancy “ vlogs he can take days off. The birthday vlog is only at 8.5k, so he’s scrambling to come up with something else pregnancy or house related.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TellAll
Talker
Talker
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:58 am
Has thanked: 513 times
Been thanked: 1397 times

Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by TellAll » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:01 pm

Something I noticed today is the Christmas thumbnail from last year is almost identical to this years. I guess they thought if they recreated the thumbnail they had last year it would draw in more views. The thumbnail isn’t the ONLY thing that draws in views. You have to have quality content as well. Which, they no longer have. They used to get 60,000+ views a video(give or take). Now they get around 20,000 and I’m noticing it’s getting to be less and less views. Some videos only have 5,000 views just is... not. It’s not because of the thumbnail. It’s not because it’s not clickbaity enough. It’s because the quality sucks! Corbee, if you’re reading this gets your act together! You can’t upload pregnancy and house hunting vlogs every day and expect to have Daily Bumps bank account.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1457
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 598 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by HashtagBlessed » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:09 pm

So who wants to bet they have a minuscule down payment, needed a co-signer, and are about to lock themselves into a 30-year mortgage that they can’t afford? What’s going to happen when Corbin wants to up and leave because he’s burned bridges? Can’t do that when you have a mortgage to pay. It’s not like skipping out on a lease. I will be interested to see if they survive the underwriting process. Getting pre-approved is surprisingly easy. The underwriting process is when the lender actually looks at your documentation and determines if you were telling the truth about your financial situation.
User avatar
ewokfan11
BANNED
BANNED
Posts: 2882
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:00 am
Has thanked: 519 times
Been thanked: 2078 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by ewokfan11 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:30 pm

I noticed the key word about the new house is OLD. That would be a red flag for me when I was a first-time buyer. Old houses are charming, but they can have LOTS of expensive problems. I hope they go to the inspection with the inspector and not just rely on the report. Better yet, someone with some actual knowledge about houses should go with them too. Corby isn't a handyman, so I don't think he'd understand even 30% of what the inspector will tell him.

I hope they realize home repairs can add up super fast and a lot of them you can't put off. My A/C unit basically died after Hurricane Irma and that was $5000 to replace. That's an extreme example, but homeownership isn't CHEAP. As first time buyers they should extremely cautious of an older house.

I'm guessing it's this house:
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/B ... 0526_zpid/
User avatar
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:12 pm
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 2143 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by Steps_to_STFU » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:17 pm

I cracked up at them recording the realtor. Someone here mentioned why didn't they have him on speaker, and surprise this time he was. Mommy and Daddy Corbin must have had to help get them something in order for them to get a house. Corbin probably threw a tantrum about having to live with his MIL

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

User avatar
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 533
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:21 pm
Has thanked: 6420 times
Been thanked: 1106 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by jmoysa » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Steps_to_STFU wrote:I cracked up at them recording the realtor. Someone here mentioned why didn't they have him on speaker, and surprise this time he was. Mommy and Daddy Corbin must have had to help get them something in order for them to get a house. Corbin probably threw a tantrum about having to live with his MIL

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I caught that and thought the exact same thing! I wouldn’t be surprised if the house was in the low $200’s. This should be interesting in the next few weeks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lavenderlove
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:57 pm
Has thanked: 2135 times
Been thanked: 2224 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by lavenderlove » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:12 pm

Ohhh I've wanted to comment SOOO badly and ask if they had to get a co-signer! It would never get approved, so why bother.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

User avatar
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 pm
Has thanked: 1826 times
Been thanked: 2588 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by endof » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:11 am

I have read here for years never signing up but when two adults one of which claims to be a journalist,parents to a toddler are about to BOUGHTEN a house when boughten boughten boughten threw me literally over the edge,I had to sign up! Where is the thank you at the end of the phone call to the realtor? Why is the kiss of absolute joy for having "boughten" a house at the edge of the mouth and the bodies keep a safe distance apart when hugging during such a monumental moment for these two loves?
User avatar
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 pm
Has thanked: 1826 times
Been thanked: 2588 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by endof » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:14 am

I have read here for years never signing up but when two adults one of which claims to be a journalist,parents to a toddler are about to BOUGHTEN a house when boughten boughten boughten threw me literally over the edge,I had to sign up! Where is the thank you at the end of the phone call to the realtor? Why is the kiss of absolute joy for having "boughten" a house at the edge of the mouth and the bodies keep a safe distance apart when hugging during such a monumental moment for these two loves?
User avatar
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 pm
Has thanked: 1826 times
Been thanked: 2588 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by endof » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:14 am

I have read here for years never signing up but when two adults one of which claims to be a journalist,parents to a toddler are about to BOUGHTEN a house when boughten boughten boughten threw me literally over the edge,I had to sign up! Where is the thank you at the end of the phone call to the realtor? Why is the kiss of absolute joy for having "boughten" a house at the edge of the mouth and the bodies keep a safe distance apart when hugging during such a monumental moment for these two loves?
User avatar
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 pm
Has thanked: 1826 times
Been thanked: 2588 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by endof » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:20 am

Apologies for triple post, new at this!
User avatar
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:12 pm
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 2143 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by Steps_to_STFU » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:47 am

endof wrote:I have read here for years never signing up but when two adults one of which claims to be a journalist,parents to a toddler are about to BOUGHTEN a house when boughten boughten boughten threw me literally over the edge,I had to sign up! Where is the thank you at the end of the phone call to the realtor? Why is the kiss of absolute joy for having "boughten" a house at the edge of the mouth and the bodies keep a safe distance apart when hugging during such a monumental moment for these two loves?
OMG yes ! Ahahaha I laughed so hard because I sat there in ky head going "boughten?" Family of journalist though lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

User avatar
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 533
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:21 pm
Has thanked: 6420 times
Been thanked: 1106 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by jmoysa » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:14 am

So part of the vlog from yesterday was filmed at corbins parents house as was the one today. I’m leaning more towards his parents co-signing and helping with the down payment. It’s funny in the two house videos he’s put up, he’s used the same house in the thumbnail.

This is the last “first” for June. Is he crazy? She’s 2!!! She’s got a whole life of first!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
ewokfan11
BANNED
BANNED
Posts: 2882
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:00 am
Has thanked: 519 times
Been thanked: 2078 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by ewokfan11 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:56 am

Are they staying at Corbin's parents' house now? They ended the vlog there.

The "family of journalists" thing has always irked me because I am a journalist. The Bucket List family calls themselves "family travel journalists" too. I know it's to build their brand and appear more intelligent than they actually are, but it's just a lie. They are narcissists, not journalists.

Definition of journalist: a person who writes for newspapers, magazines, or news websites or prepares news to be broadcast.

Corbin, you are NOT a journalist.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 7311
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 729 times
Been thanked: 1612 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by Playsinrain » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:09 am

ewokfan11 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:30 pm
I noticed the key word about the new house is OLD. That would be a red flag for me when I was a first-time buyer. Old houses are charming, but they can have LOTS of expensive problems. I hope they go to the inspection with the inspector and not just rely on the report. Better yet, someone with some actual knowledge about houses should go with them too. Corby isn't a handyman, so I don't think he'd understand even 30% of what the inspector will tell him.

I hope they realize home repairs can add up super fast and a lot of them you can't put off. My A/C unit basically died after Hurricane Irma and that was $5000 to replace. That's an extreme example, but homeownership isn't CHEAP. As first time buyers they should extremely cautious of an older house.

I'm guessing it's this house:
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/B ... 0526_zpid/
I read in the description of their channel or on a vlog info that they are currently looking to purchase a “fixer upper”. Which to me screams “we can’t afford anything other than something that needs a ton of work”. There are plenty of people who love buying older homes and renovating them, and know what they are doing when it comes to work like that. If that were the case with them it wouldn’t make me think twice, but neither of them have a CLUE about how to do pretty much any sort of handywork on a home. We all saw how halfassed they did the floors and paint work in her moms house. They need a fixer upper bc they can’t afford anything built in the last 40 years.
User avatar
ewokfan11
BANNED
BANNED
Posts: 2882
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:00 am
Has thanked: 519 times
Been thanked: 2078 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by ewokfan11 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:10 pm

Playsinrain wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:09 am
ewokfan11 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:30 pm
I noticed the key word about the new house is OLD. That would be a red flag for me when I was a first-time buyer. Old houses are charming, but they can have LOTS of expensive problems. I hope they go to the inspection with the inspector and not just rely on the report. Better yet, someone with some actual knowledge about houses should go with them too. Corby isn't a handyman, so I don't think he'd understand even 30% of what the inspector will tell him.

I hope they realize home repairs can add up super fast and a lot of them you can't put off. My A/C unit basically died after Hurricane Irma and that was $5000 to replace. That's an extreme example, but homeownership isn't CHEAP. As first time buyers they should extremely cautious of an older house.

I'm guessing it's this house:
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/B ... 0526_zpid/
I read in the description of their channel or on a vlog info that they are currently looking to purchase a “fixer upper”. Which to me screams “we can’t afford anything other than something that needs a ton of work”. There are plenty of people who love buying older homes and renovating them, and know what they are doing when it comes to work like that. If that were the case with them it wouldn’t make me think twice, but neither of them have a CLUE about how to do pretty much any sort of handywork on a home. We all saw how halfassed they did the floors and paint work in her moms house. They need a fixer upper bc they can’t afford anything built in the last 40 years.
My parents do exactly that...and it's SOOOOOO much work. They really like doing the work, but it's truly, truly a lot of work. I stopped by one of their houses last week where they are redoing the kitchen and it's basically a construction site. I don't think Corbin and Kelsey have the money, skills or PATIENCE to do any real work themselves.

I can totally see them getting into a house situation that is WAY more than they expected. They should totally get a newer home that won't require much work—especially if they really expect Kelsey to get pregnant and have another kid this year.

They just aren't very smart when it comes to adulting.
Locked

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests