JesssFam: MesssyHouseFam (Part 121)

shilohjulia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: MesssyHouseFam (Part 121)

Unread post by shilohjulia »

My best friend is a pediatric dental hygienist and she gets screaming kids all the time. They deal with it.

Never heard of a 4 year old needing root canals on baby teeth, or a toddler with 13 cavities. That’s just unreal.

As for it being genetic. Kind of. There is certain bacteria that creates cavities and it can be passed down from ur parents... but that doesn’t mean ur bath screwed to have 13 cavities by age 3. If u have proper nutrition and hygiene, or if you just have the dentist put sealants on your kids teeth, they should be okay.

I have not so great teeth genetics and never had the sealants, so i had some cavities growing up (nothing egregious). My best friend has good teeth genetics (prob why she got into the field as a profession) and had the sealants and has never had a single cavity in her life - she is clearly really obsessed with taking care of her teeth tho, and was even like that as a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Momto3boys
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Momto3boys »

I think this dentist that they took landon to is a money grabber .. There is NO need to give a root canal on a baby tooth.. Its going to fall out anyway. Funny I have had 3 kids None of my kids needed crowns . I had sealent(sp) on their teeth and none of them got cavities when they were little. Now my middle one gets them now because of his braces weakened his teeth. Our dentist said it was a geneitc thing. He has to use special mouth wash and tooth paste because of it. He had no problems till we got the braces off. Sometimes i wish I never got him braces since his teeth were not that crooked but I wanted his teeth to be perfect but now he has to do deal with this. My other sons had braces and do not have the same problems. Funny thing is my middle son takes the best care of his teeth. He brushes 3x a day and flosses at least twice plus uses the water pik
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

Momto3boys wrote:I think this dentist that they took landon to is a money grabber .. There is NO need to give a root canal on a baby tooth.. Its going to fall out anyway. Funny I have had 3 kids None of my kids needed crowns . I had sealent(sp) on their teeth and none of them got cavities when they were little. Now my middle one gets them now because of his braces weakened his teeth. Our dentist said it was a geneitc thing. He has to use special mouth wash and tooth paste because of it. He had no problems till we got the braces off. Sometimes i wish I never got him braces since his teeth were not that crooked but I wanted his teeth to be perfect but now he has to do deal with this. My other sons had braces and do not have the same problems. Funny thing is my middle son takes the best care of his teeth. He brushes 3x a day and flosses at least twice plus uses the water pik
Braces gave me so many problems. I'd prefer crooked teeth that aren't so prone to decay.
MiloandMax
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MiloandMax »

Momto3boys wrote:I think this dentist that they took landon to is a money grabber .. There is NO need to give a root canal on a baby tooth.. Its going to fall out anyway. Funny I have had 3 kids None of my kids needed crowns . I had sealent(sp) on their teeth and none of them got cavities when they were little. Now my middle one gets them now because of his braces weakened his teeth. Our dentist said it was a geneitc thing. He has to use special mouth wash and tooth paste because of it. He had no problems till we got the braces off. Sometimes i wish I never got him braces since his teeth were not that crooked but I wanted his teeth to be perfect but now he has to do deal with this. My other sons had braces and do not have the same problems. Funny thing is my middle son takes the best care of his teeth. He brushes 3x a day and flosses at least twice plus uses the water pik
Even for a baby tooth the nerve that is decayed can cause permanent damage so if it was that bad it is needed
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MiloandMax wrote:
DoodleBop2 wrote:It's unacceptable to allow a child's teeth to rot because they won't comply with sitting still.

My kid's dentist will prescribe 1 tablet of an anti-anxiety medication to take 1 hour before dental work and it really helps.
They use laughing gas to I thought!
I think some clinics can yeah they use this nose mask.
CamilaCabello
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CamilaCabello »

y’all are so wild lmao. it’s called a pulpotomy. a baby root canal. they’re necessary if the decay is bad enough. you don’t just extract and screw up the spacing for the adult teeth or leave the kid in pain.

i work at a dental clinic and you’d really be surprised the amount of decay we see on kids on the daily. kids who haven’t even had teeth for a full year being referred to surgery centers so all their teeth can be capped or extracted.

doctors will absolutely stop working on an uncooperative child and send them home. the tools are dangerous and if they feel they can’t safely do the work, they’re not going to risk hurting the kid or themselves. if the cavity is small enough, which i do believe her that it was but due to bad diet, it blew up, they will just decide to watch it for 3/4/6 months.

the surgery center she went to sounded like absolute bullshit. you don’t touch teeth that have nothing wrong with them. you don’t need to cap a neighboring tooth with no problem - with that logic, why wasn’t the the tooth next to the unnecessary cap capped? i get landen was in pain. tell them to only do the (1) tooth and take him somewhere else for a second opinion about the rest. especially if she was so unsure.

decay like that isn’t uncommon. it’s not acceptable either but y’all can take your stickers for keeping your kids cavity free. one second you’re talking shit because she’s “wasting time” helping her kids brush their teeth (which you’re supposed to until they’re 8) and the next, she’s not doing enough.
blehhh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blehhh »

What? Landen needed root canal at the dentist? He is so young. Do they not brush his teeth? They are so boring I stopped watching.
But I would be so ashamed if my kid needed a root canal at what 4?
My kids are 17 & 19 and neither of them has ever had a cavity. I never allowed them to skip brushing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mandbtrue6
Talker
Talker
Discord name: Tru.io

Unread post by Mandbtrue6 »

motocrosshunny420 wrote:
Captain Smooth wrote:It's ridiculous, imo. Again, they let the cavity sit there, because Landen wouldn't "cooperate" (no sh*t, what 4 year old does?) and now that it's become an emergency, they leave him forever without food and water (presuming he stopped the night before) and don't even know what to do exactly, on top of which they give him anesthesia in this condition. No matter where you go, that is just bad treatment. Poor Landen has been more put under in his short 4 years of life, than I have in 25 years of life. I'm sorry, for once I have to go against popular opinion on here and kind of second Jess' opinion about doctors.
I have never heard of a dentist sending you home if the kid won’t cooperate during a filling. According to the vlog, Landen was uncooperative twice and the dentist sent them there. I’m thinking that the truth is Jessss let it go and by the time the dentist caught it, Landen was in pain & it was in root canal territory so they had to go to the surgeon.

The same happened with my 4 year old (about 3 years ago) they tried at a regular family dentist office to fill it and he cried so they stopped and referred him to a pediatric office. We went there a couple weeks later and same thing he cried so that office referred us to a surgical center for him to be put to sleep (he had 3 cavities to be filled) but they could not get us in for almost 2 months! Sucked because one of his teeth were hurting him.

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

CamilaCabello wrote:
the surgery center she went to sounded like absolute bullshit. you don’t touch teeth that have nothing wrong with them. you don’t need to cap a neighboring tooth with no problem - with that logic, why wasn’t the the tooth next to the unnecessary cap capped? i get landen was in pain. tell them to only do the (1) tooth and take him somewhere else for a second opinion about the rest. especially if she was so unsure.
I had to get caps next to the problem teeth because my cavities were in between my teeth. Did she mention if landen’s problem was on top of the tooth or in between?

Brook1888
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Brook1888 »

I don't understand what happened in that vlog. One person said they were doing 4 root canals and/or 4 fillings, then another person said they couldn't do that. What did they actually end up doing?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Sparklingdee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Sparklingdee »

Has anyone ever bashed Jess because she MONITORS her kids brushing their teeth????? I sure as hell haven't!!! I think its what she should be doing, clearly her kids have bad teeth, be that for genetic reasons OR because they're not brushing their teeth well enough. So YES, Jess should be hanging over them like a hawk. Once your teeth rot, you cant go back and its painful (and in the USA, no doubt expensive)
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sparklingdee wrote:Has anyone ever bashed Jess because she MONITORS her kids brushing their teeth????? I sure as hell haven't!!! I think its what she should be doing, clearly her kids have bad teeth, be that for genetic reasons OR because they're not brushing their teeth well enough. So YES, Jess should be hanging over them like a hawk. Once your teeth rot, you cant go back and its painful (and in the USA, no doubt expensive)
There may have been some snark about that tooth brushing app spon she did but that was about the spon as far as I recall not actually brushing her kids teeth.
Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Captain Smooth »

Mandbtrue6 wrote:
motocrosshunny420 wrote:
Captain Smooth wrote:It's ridiculous, imo. Again, they let the cavity sit there, because Landen wouldn't "cooperate" (no sh*t, what 4 year old does?) and now that it's become an emergency, they leave him forever without food and water (presuming he stopped the night before) and don't even know what to do exactly, on top of which they give him anesthesia in this condition. No matter where you go, that is just bad treatment. Poor Landen has been more put under in his short 4 years of life, than I have in 25 years of life. I'm sorry, for once I have to go against popular opinion on here and kind of second Jess' opinion about doctors.
I have never heard of a dentist sending you home if the kid won’t cooperate during a filling. According to the vlog, Landen was uncooperative twice and the dentist sent them there. I’m thinking that the truth is Jessss let it go and by the time the dentist caught it, Landen was in pain & it was in root canal territory so they had to go to the surgeon.

The same happened with my 4 year old (about 3 years ago) they tried at a regular family dentist office to fill it and he cried so they stopped and referred him to a pediatric office. We went there a couple weeks later and same thing he cried so that office referred us to a surgical center for him to be put to sleep (he had 3 cavities to be filled) but they could not get us in for almost 2 months! Sucked because one of his teeth were hurting him.

Wow, I'm at a loss for words, really. I'm just amazed that anesthesia gets thrown around so casually. That stuff takes a toll on your body as an adult, let alone as a kid. So far, Kaden has been put under for that tiny ball in his ear and Landen was put under, I think for the fourth time. That's a lot and there were never any real results, except for the cavities and that was still sketchy.

Can I take a second to remark Chris wasn't there? What happened to his "baby"?
MiloandMax
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

DoodleBop2 wrote:
Sparklingdee wrote:Has anyone ever bashed Jess because she MONITORS her kids brushing their teeth????? I sure as hell haven't!!! I think its what she should be doing, clearly her kids have bad teeth, be that for genetic reasons OR because they're not brushing their teeth well enough. So YES, Jess should be hanging over them like a hawk. Once your teeth rot, you cant go back and its painful (and in the USA, no doubt expensive)
There may have been some snark about that tooth brushing app spon she did but that was about the spon as far as I recall not actually brushing her kids teeth.
I think just recently it was about the older kids being more independent, like Lilia being able to brush her OWN hair at 8. Much different than a 4 year old.

I also don't think its just brushing. Her kids eat and drink sugary atuff, they also don't eat healthy which shows and there are vitamins, minerals, calcium that could be good for teeth. If she wants to blame genetics, fine but she needs to offset that to.
nineteenninety3

Unread post by nineteenninety3 »

Captain Smooth wrote:
Mandbtrue6 wrote:
motocrosshunny420 wrote: I have never heard of a dentist sending you home if the kid won’t cooperate during a filling. According to the vlog, Landen was uncooperative twice and the dentist sent them there. I’m thinking that the truth is Jessss let it go and by the time the dentist caught it, Landen was in pain & it was in root canal territory so they had to go to the surgeon.

Wow, I'm at a loss for words, really. I'm just amazed that anesthesia gets thrown around so casually. That stuff takes a toll on your body as an adult, let alone as a kid. So far, Kaden has been put under for that tiny ball in his ear and Landen was put under, I think for the fourth time. That's a lot and there were never any real results, except for the cavities and that was still sketchy.

Can I take a second to remark Chris wasn't there? What happened to his "baby"?
I was surprised Chris didn't go to but also thank god they've finally realised they don't have to be attached at the hip!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
MiloandMax
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Who got kids to school/home? Chris? I thought Chris didn't go because no way Addie would have sat there all day.
spillthetea
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spillthetea »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Can I take a second to remark Chris wasn't there? What happened to his "baby"?[/quote]

I want to assume they were actually being responsible for once and he stayed home with Addie instead of either A taking her with them or B pawning her off on someone else. but good catch I am so used to Chris being MIA recently I didn't even really notice.
CamilaCabello
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

DoodleBop2 wrote:
just the other day some of y’all were saying it was a waste of time during the morning routine for jess or chris to help them brush their teeth when they should be getting up and taking care of themselves. that way she could have more time to make breakfast.
CamilaCabello
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
CamilaCabello wrote:
I had to get caps next to the problem teeth because my cavities were in between my teeth. Did she mention if landen’s problem was on top of the tooth or in between?

if the cavity is between the teeth but only touching one tooth, there’s still no reason to touch the other one. but if there was decay on the other teeth, fair enough. was it severe enough it needed a crown though? or could he have gotten by with a filling? the place just seemed sketchy overall.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I didn't see that there was talk of making lunches and picking out clothes and having the kids dress themselves and put their lunches from the fridge into their bags instead of her running around doing it all. Chris doing breakfast etc.

Return to “JesssFam”