Ballinger Family. Part 1

Frenchlurker
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ballinger Family. Part 1

Unread post by Frenchlurker »

thenightowl wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:55 pm I totally got the impression that they are fishing for a kitchen remodel, the counters looked awful with that white contact paper stuff.
i totally agree plus all the" this is just to have an idea, it's not permanent" and the" we want to do one thing at a time but we struggle to find the right person fitting our needs..."

just watched the video of duncan "reading"... why? why make it the whole video, he's cute but him "reading" for almost 10 mins is not bearable if you're not family^^, it's like looking at other people's family photos...it's fun for a while
CottonCandySky
Talker
Talker

Unread post by CottonCandySky »

Just watched their new video, and I think Parker is the perfect example of a child who’s personality is being milked for views. That kid makes literally everything about himself, and has to be the center of attention all the time.
Lexxa
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Lexxa »

I hate that Parker could be potentially milked for content, him liking ‘girl’ stuff is so important to be seen as a norm and the fact they may be abusing it for views is sad.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Lexxa wrote:I hate that Parker could be potentially milked for content, him liking ‘girl’ stuff is so important to be seen as a norm and the fact they may be abusing it for views is sad.
Potentially? They totally milk it for views. It's hard to tell how much us his own propensity for "girl stuff" and how much he is encouraged by his parents for views and attention.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lexxa
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lexxa »

lmmomSD wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:58 pm
Lexxa wrote:I hate that Parker could be potentially milked for content, him liking ‘girl’ stuff is so important to be seen as a norm and the fact they may be abusing it for views is sad.
Potentially? They totally milk it for views. It's hard to tell how much us his own propensity for "girl stuff" and how much he is encouraged by his parents for views and attention.

Yea I mean in the way you said, like we don’t know if he’s being persuaded to wear certain clothes and act a certain way. I guess I just worded it wrong. Maybe he doesn’t like it as much as we’re being told he does we’ll probably never know.
LimeGreenRanger
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by LimeGreenRanger »

Lexxa wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:24 pm
lmmomSD wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:58 pm

Yea I mean in the way you said, like we don’t know if he’s being persuaded to wear certain clothes and act a certain way. I guess I just worded it wrong. Maybe he doesn’t like it as much as we’re being told he does we’ll probably never know.
I think he might have genuinely loved certain things a few years ago, but now he does it for attention. He seems like he's been into Star Wars lately and didn't really care about the Charli D'Amelio Tik Tok. Meanwhile, Jessica kept trying to amp him up with the "AREN'T YOU SOOOO EXCITED?!"
Frenchlurker
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Frenchlurker »

ok i'm French and maybe the curiculum is not the same but that tracing exercice Parker seemed to sttruggle a bit on seemed at a lower level than what a 7 year old would do at school... and putting the 3 year old in front of the book is not a great idea..

i get it they want heir kids to be artsy and theatre and drawing...that's fine but it looks like they forget about the basics.

i
baileebunny
Talker
Talker

Unread post by baileebunny »

They are basically being raised to only be able to do theatre when they are older. I get it they love theatre and are a very musical family but give your kids other options in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smileykt89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Smileykt89 »

What is their “big news”? I don’t want to give them a view and it’s probably clickbait anyways
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

Smileykt89 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:51 pm What is their “big news”? I don’t want to give them a view and it’s probably clickbait anyways
I haven't watched the vlog yet, but based on an Instagram post from Jessica yesterday I think it has to do with them redecorating their bedroom.
i_am_person
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by i_am_person »

Smileykt89 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:51 pm What is their “big news”? I don’t want to give them a view and it’s probably clickbait anyways
They're starting a podcast.
Smileykt89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Smileykt89 »

i_am_person wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:51 am
About what? And who is going to listen to that?
CottonCandySky
Talker
Talker

Unread post by CottonCandySky »

Smileykt89 wrote:
i_am_person wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:51 am
About what? And who is going to listen to that?
Right? They don’t even have interesting content to put in a vlog.
LimeGreenRanger
Wallflower
Wallflower

baileebunny wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:58 am They are basically being raised to only be able to do theatre when they are older. I get it they love theatre and are a very musical family but give your kids other options in life.

You're so right. I love how they pride themselves on being soooo open-minded and letting their kids express themselves, but are they actually letting them do that? I wonder if any of the kids ever asked to do something outside the Ballinger circle of acceptable activities, like go to a traditional school or play a sport.
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

LimeGreenRanger wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:28 pm You're so right. I love how they pride themselves on being soooo open-minded and letting their kids express themselves, but are they actually letting them do that? I wonder if any of the kids ever asked to do something outside the Ballinger circle of acceptable activities, like go to a traditional school or play a sport.
Bailey, Jacob, and Parker were all doing gymnastics/ninja warrior classes before Covid. Jacob likes engineering stuff and is always making things with Legos and he made a stop motion video for Flynn. The kids do stuff other than theater. Growing up in a theater family though, the kids are going to be interested in that stuff quite a bit, even without being pushed to do so by their parents.
Justheretogossip
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Justheretogossip »

I don’t really follow this family but they are always on my explore page or whatever that’s called on Instagram. I ask this in the most respectful way but does the youngest Luke he a medical condition?
MelE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MelE »

Justheretogossip wrote:I don’t really follow this family but they are always on my explore page or whatever that’s called on Instagram. I ask this in the most respectful way but does the youngest Luke he a medical condition?
He does have a rare genetic abnormality. They knew about it before he was born but there is not much research available. I believe they have him involved in some research projects. So far he hasn’t had any serious issues. He has one side of his body that’s a little bit weaker than the other and he is progressing slightly slower than the average baby. Since there is not much documentation, they really don’t know what types of challenges he may have in the future but they have been very proactive and optimistic. I believe he does physical and occupational therapy through zoom.

Hannable971
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Hannable971 »

Justheretogossip wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:16 pm I don’t really follow this family but they are always on my explore page or whatever that’s called on Instagram. I ask this in the most respectful way but does the youngest Luke he a medical condition?
Yes he has an abnormality called 3q29. There’s not much known about it as it’s so rare but all known people with it had feeding difficulties as infants. Until he get older they won’t know the extent to which it affected his brain and development. So far he seems to be pretty on track just a little delayed and I think has low muscle tone. I know that he was getting occupational therapy through telehealth but I don’t know if he was also reviewing physical therapy as well.
LimeGreenRanger
Wallflower
Wallflower

just_me wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:18 pm
LimeGreenRanger wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:28 pm You're so right. I love how they pride themselves on being soooo open-minded and letting their kids express themselves, but are they actually letting them do that? I wonder if any of the kids ever asked to do something outside the Ballinger circle of acceptable activities, like go to a traditional school or play a sport.
Bailey, Jacob, and Parker were all doing gymnastics/ninja warrior classes before Covid. Jacob likes engineering stuff and is always making things with Legos and he made a stop motion video for Flynn. The kids do stuff other than theater. Growing up in a theater family though, the kids are going to be interested in that stuff quite a bit, even without being pushed to do so by their parents.
Not sure if you meant to respond to me or the person I responded to, because I never said they only did theater. I mentioned theater as being part of their "acceptable activities" for the kids, so sorry if what I wrote was misleading. What I always seem to go back to, is that Jake likes baseball (and Rachel mentioned he likes other sports) but they only allowed him to play with a Christian group. They've also talked about how they don't do sports (by that, I mean more of the traditional/team sports), which is totally fine if that's not your thing, but it seems unfair to Jake since he's actually interested in them and it seems like they put a heavy emphasis on activities that allow them to do it together.
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hyacinth »

There's something weird about this family, right? On the surface they are really wholesome (and jolly and happy), but you kind of get the idea that that's just the surface? It also seems that Parker (when he was smaller anyway) featured more in videos because he must have been the popular money earner, then Duncan took over the mantle so Parker was able to retreat into the background more. It's trickier with Luke now and his money making abilities? (and that's what it's all about really?)

Return to “A-H”