OKThey'reFinallyEngaged?! | OKBaby | Part 26

landonsmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKThey'reFinallyEngaged?! | OKBaby | Part 26

Unread post by landonsmommy »

This is how you know OK has stayed drama free lately...this thread has turned into a gun law debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

fps wrote:
staceymj wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:46 pm
chloe6124 wrote:
Yep. The states that have the most strict laws have had some of the worst mass shootings. When someone wants to shoot someone they will find a away to get the gun illegally. We already have laws in place. More laws is not the answer. When someone is intent on breaking the law no law is going to stop them.

I disagree. In Australia we have strict gun laws and we have restrictions on what guns you can obtain and we haven’t had a mass shooting since 1996 when the laws were implemented. Yes we have gun crime, no law is perfect, but nowhere near what it is in other countries. A similar rifle to what was used in one of the mass shootings in America would cost close to $40,000 on the street in australia. People aren’t paying that for a gun. Agree to disagree I guess, but I sleep easy at night knowing that I can send my children to school everyday and not worry about some lunatic coming in and shooting a bunch of children with a military grade rifle that he should have never been able to get his hands on, legally or illegally.

Looking at the numbers, the likelihood of death by pool (1 in 11,000) versus death by gun (1 in 1 million-plus) isn’t even close. Children under the age of ten are far more likely to die in swimming accidents that by guns. If you really care about children you can go around filling in pools in the middle of the night to prevent actual deaths.
I don’t think that comparison is relevant. But because children can die by drowning, I put my children in swimming lessons from an early age to keep them safe around water. They have both been able to swim completely independently from the age of 3 or 4. Kids drown in the bath if left unsupervised, do we stop bathing them? No, we supervise them in water. It’s a lot easier to watch your children around water than to stop some moron with an automatic rifle shooting them.

I didn’t want to get into a debate I just said my piece and left it at that. Agree to disagree.

Sorn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sorn »

This forum right now : "let's not argue about this anymore guys but first let me state my opinion".

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

remre1017
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by remre1017 »

Sorn wrote:This forum right now : "let's not argue about this anymore guys but first let me state my opinion".

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
“Baby girl” needs to hurry tf up and get here so we finally have something to talk about
Also idk why it annoys me but I hate it when Kyra says baby girl

Unread post by Guest »

To divert conversation from the apparent political experts in here, I took another look at the sign with baby's name with my boyfriend with no context except saying I was nosy over what a blogger was naming her baby.

He said it looked like the first 3 letters were kyr then he couldn't tell the rest. I still think baby is Avrie or some version, but if boyf is right, I could also see her naming baby after herself & grandma and doing something like Kyrina.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

remre1017
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by remre1017 »

spookymoe wrote:To divert conversation from the apparent political experts in here, I took another look at the sign with baby's name with my boyfriend with no context except saying I was nosy over what a blogger was naming her baby.

He said it looked like the first 3 letters were kyr then he couldn't tell the rest. I still think baby is Avrie or some version, but if boyf is right, I could also see her naming baby after herself & grandma and doing something like Kyrina.

Im curious as to why they took the sign down in the same vlog where they revealed their living room. I honestly think it’s because it’s the name they chose first and then decided to go with a different one. Kyra did say she had the baby’s name on a few things and then they went with another name.

LightlyToasted
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LightlyToasted »

I could’ve sworn the sign as an “n” in it somewhere. Looks like Avernie, or something to me. Averne maybe? My eyes aren’t too good though so maybe not!

Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Emcee »

Aviannah maybe?

:love2:
3boys1girl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 3boys1girl »

I watched Rob & Winter’s Q & A, and no mention of OK, when I know there were lots of questions regarding them. I looked at the list of questions.
poisonousprinces
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by poisonousprinces »

3boys1girl wrote:I watched Rob & Winter’s Q & A, and no mention of OK, when I know there were lots of questions regarding them. I looked at the list of questions.
They seem like pretty good friends that have been around long term (they were friends in high school weren’t they? I can’t recall)
My guess is that they are making efforts to grow their channel without it being growth due to being associated with OK

forumluver
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by forumluver »

poisonousprinces wrote:
3boys1girl wrote:I watched Rob & Winter’s Q & A, and no mention of OK, when I know there were lots of questions regarding them. I looked at the list of questions.
They seem like pretty good friends that have been around long term (they were friends in high school weren’t they? I can’t recall)
My guess is that they are making efforts to grow their channel without it being growth due to being associated with OK

I actually enjoy watching Robert and Winter. They are very down to earth and work regular jobs. I hope they don't change as their channel grows

Aussiemama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Aussiemama »

spookymoe wrote:To divert conversation from the apparent political experts in here, I took another look at the sign with baby's name with my boyfriend with no context except saying I was nosy over what a blogger was naming her baby.

I see KY as well, I'm thinking something like kylanie.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

New thread!!!

OKBaby: Rings, Babies and Screens |Part 27
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Islandbaby14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Islandbaby14 »

staceybrax wrote:
chloe6124 wrote:
fps wrote:
Gun laws in most of the US are not lax. For example, in the Newtown shooting in Connecticut, the mentally ill shooter killed his mother and stole her legally obtained guns, to proceed with the shooting. The cause of that shooting was mental health issues.
Yep. The states that have the most strict laws have had some of the worst mass shootings. When someone wants to shoot someone they will find a away to get the gun illegally. We already have laws in place. More laws is not the answer. When someone is intent on breaking the law no law is going to stop them.

I disagree. In Australia we have strict gun laws and we have restrictions on what guns you can obtain and we haven’t had a mass shooting since 1996 when the laws were implemented. Yes we have gun crime, no law is perfect, but nowhere near what it is in other countries. A similar rifle to what was used in one of the mass shootings in America would cost close to $40,000 on the street in australia. People aren’t paying that for a gun. Agree to disagree I guess, but I sleep easy at night knowing that I can send my children to school everyday and not worry about some lunatic coming in and shooting a bunch of children with a military grade rifle that he should have never been able to get his hands on, legally or illegally.

Well said! We live in such an amazing country!

Return to “OKBaby”