MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: OKBaby: Rings, Babies and Screens |Part 27

Unread post by MiloandMax1 »

remre1017 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:34 pm
MiloandMax1 wrote:
Delrey__ wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:18 pm Am I the only one that doesn’t care for a name reveal or that they’re taking their sweet time? Seriously, I don’t get it, the baby will have a name whenever she’s born, at least they have a name lol. Like I don’t understand why it’s so frustrating that they haven’t announced it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think its more of how they promised a name reveal and once again didn't follow through.
Not only that but they’re making such a big deal about it like it’s their first baby. I get it, be excited. But stop using your children for clickbait and content. That’s my biggest frustration about family vloggers.
The kids are the ones who are really making the money for them.

It would be one thing to say we have a name but will announce when she's here. I get that. I regret announcing our baby's name (not our first) on facebook to just family, mainly because they kept bugging me. But you have that one person that makes you question it so I couldn't do it with as many as they will have commenting. But its different once the baby is here and the name "fits" if that makes sense.

I think if it isn't Averie people will be shocked. That's why I also think the name reveal wasn't exciting enough for them. Its old news. We know its an A at least and can keep guessing. Its really all that's left to talk about since she will be here Monday, and Kyra edits so will take time (as she should) to edit (unless Elliot is back but he's in school).
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

poisonousprinces wrote:Just had a random thought of the name “Aleira” (ah-leer-a)

I think that’s way too similar to Alaya, but it does sound like their style.

Aussiemama
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Aussiemama »

I wished they had stopped at the interview instead of going into the vlog style of it. I like the interview part.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

tkenzie46
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by tkenzie46 »

MiloandMax1 wrote:
MiloandMax1 wrote: I think its more of how they promised a name reveal and once again didn't follow through.
Not only that but they’re making such a big deal about it like it’s their first baby. I get it, be excited. But stop using your children for clickbait and content. That’s my biggest frustration about family vloggers.

It would be one thing to say we have a name but will announce when she's here. I get that. I regret announcing our baby's name (not our first) on facebook to just family, mainly because they kept bugging me. But you have that one person that makes you question it so I couldn't do it with as many as they will have commenting. But its different once the baby is here and the name "fits" if that makes sense.

I think if it isn't Averie people will be shocked. That's why I also think the name reveal wasn't exciting enough for them. Its old news. We know its an A at least and can keep guessing. Its really all that's left to talk about since she will be here Monday, and Kyra edits so will take time (as she should) to edit (unless Elliot is back but he's in school).
A friend of mine is having a baby soon and she announced the name to her family and friends on Facebook and within minutes she had messages, some supportive but a lot questioning the name, asking if she was sure it would fit her family. The name is Darcey, and she has no other kids so I don't get what the problem was, it doesn't clash and it is a relatively normal name.

Not trying to stick up for them at all, but maybe they decided to leave it till last minute so they don't get criticism and second guess themselves, or maybe not, maybe they just couldn't be bothered or couldn't think of a way to do it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

christinejc96
Talker
Talker

Unread post by christinejc96 »

remre1017 wrote:
Coco_ wrote:Kyra tweeted that she’s working on the name reveal video and that people have guessed the name a few times already so unfortunately I think her name is going to be Averie
But in a video they did not too long ago, all of the guesses in the comments (aka Averie/Avery) “weren’t it”
Lmao okay Kyra.

And if it’s not any of those are you still guna be laughing

ytmamaviewer24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ytmamaviewer24 »

tkenzie46 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:18 am

A friend of mine is having a baby soon and she announced the name to her family and friends on Facebook and within minutes she had messages, some supportive but a lot questioning the name, asking if she was sure it would fit her family. The name is Darcey, and she has no other kids so I don't get what the problem was, it doesn't clash and it is a relatively normal name.

Not trying to stick up for them at all, but maybe they decided to leave it till last minute so they don't get criticism and second guess themselves, or maybe not, maybe they just couldn't be bothered or couldn't think of a way to do it.

I think that's what happened with Alaya. Her name was supposed to be Novalee but people found out and started hating on it so they changed it. Even after she was born Oscar said he kept calling her Novalee for a while
prbeca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by prbeca »

tkenzie46 wrote:
MiloandMax1 wrote:
remre1017 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:34 pm Not only that but they’re making such a big deal about it like it’s their first baby. I get it, be excited. But stop using your children for clickbait and content. That’s my biggest frustration about family vloggers.

This could actually be the reason why. Didn’t they say they changed it a few times?

Moony
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Moony »

oldschoolmom39 wrote:They seem to be more concerned with doing something viral or being over the top than keeping their followers updated through vlogs. If it doesn't draw a lot views or attention than why bother at this point is their mentality. They have gotten lazy and just post vlogs when they feel like at this point and they seemed staged or forced and not as easy going and natural like they used to it.
I’ve been thinking the same thing. They’re starting to remind me of the Bramfam. I don’t blame them for trying something new but i don’t like the “staged” really planned out style of vlogs. They feel more like just videos and not vlogs to me

remre1017
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by remre1017 »

christinejc96 wrote:
remre1017 wrote:
Coco_ wrote:Kyra tweeted that she’s working on the name reveal video and that people have guessed the name a few times already so unfortunately I think her name is going to be Averie
But in a video they did not too long ago, all of the guesses in the comments (aka Averie/Avery) “weren’t it”
Lmao okay Kyra.

And if it’s not any of those are you still guna be laughing

Probably because then I’ll be surprised that it’s not Averie Image

remre1017
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by remre1017 »

Did Kyra have a hard time bonding with Alaya when she was pregnant with her? I hope that makes sense... I feel like this pregnancy she’s in a better place and she’s way happier and is so in love with this baby already.
I thought someone mentioned that she wasn’t really ready for Alaya so it was hard to be happy when she was pregnant. Which is fine because I know it happens to so many moms. I’ll just feel bad if Alaya looks back on those videos and sees that. And also sees that her parents used to constantly call her a brat when she was only a year old.

lovelysmiles100
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lovelysmiles100 »

tkenzie46 wrote:
MiloandMax1 wrote:
remre1017 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:34 pm Not only that but they’re making such a big deal about it like it’s their first baby. I get it, be excited. But stop using your children for clickbait and content. That’s my biggest frustration about family vloggers.

People really do this? I don’t understand why everyone has to tell the parents shit when it comes to their own child’s name. I understand having an opinion but don’t go telling them or trying to change their mind.

MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

remre1017 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:14 am Did Kyra have a hard time bonding with Alaya when she was pregnant with her? I hope that makes sense... I feel like this pregnancy she’s in a better place and she’s way happier and is so in love with this baby already.
I thought someone mentioned that she wasn’t really ready for Alaya so it was hard to be happy when she was pregnant. Which is fine because I know it happens to so many moms. I’ll just feel bad if Alaya looks back on those videos and sees that. And also sees that her parents used to constantly call her a brat when she was only a year old.

I could be wrong but I think her and Oscar were having problems/fighting when she was pregnant with Alaya. And she may have had PPD after. I wasn't watching all of their videos then so I could be wrong.
ytmamaviewer24
Gossiper
Gossiper

remre1017 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:14 am Did Kyra have a hard time bonding with Alaya when she was pregnant with her? I hope that makes sense... I feel like this pregnancy she’s in a better place and she’s way happier and is so in love with this baby already.

I don't think she did. I remember she was talking to a therapist back then because she was trying to avoid ppd, because she had it pretty bad with Levi but that's about it.

I feel like Oscar was the one that had the hardest time bonding with her.. I remember people here thinking he didn't like her as much because she was a girl and we used to talk about how awkward he was with her lol
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

They were going through a lot of fighting when Alaya was born. It wasn’t long after they bought the first house and she had mentioned all they did was fight in that house.

theshamanisright1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by theshamanisright1 »

I could be wrong but I think her and Oscar were having problems/fighting when she was pregnant with Alaya. And she may have had PPD after. I wasn't watching all of their videos then so I could be wrong.
[/quote]

Their relationship was on the rocks then and when they were in the second house, Kyra's talked about it. It was when that awful video of them fighting in front of the kids came out and they seemed on the verge of splitting. I don't think anyone would be surprised if even now Kyra just walked away, honestly, the relationship doesn't seem that good
ytmamaviewer24
Gossiper
Gossiper

I think Keren's going to Utah... Can't wait to see her awkwardly pet Kyra's kids heads and then pretend they don't exist
3boys1girl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 3boys1girl »

ytmamaviewer24 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:32 pm I think Keren's going to Utah... Can't wait to see her awkwardly pet Kyra's kids heads and then pretend they don't exist
Seriously?!??! Where did you see that ?
ckks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ckks »

3boys1girl wrote:
ytmamaviewer24 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:32 pm I think Keren's going to Utah... Can't wait to see her awkwardly pet Kyra's kids heads and then pretend they don't exist
Seriously?!??! Where did you see that ?

She said it on her insta live. She’s flying out early tomorrow morning and taking Jackson with her.

RottieMama
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by RottieMama »

Yea, we’re due for a new thread...finally!

Does anyone know who the regular mod is?

I suck at creating titles but....OkWelcomeBaby, Go home Keren!
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I don't know why Keren thinks its ok to bring Jackson. Kyra didn't bring her kids when Sutton was born.

Return to “OKBaby”