Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Catface2 »

Yay! My title got chosen! Thanks guys!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HS said on the last thread that Chad is a jerk because that's what he sees modeled. I totally agree. Kevin just seems like a smug a-hole. He and Shari have ganged up on Ruby in the past. Taking sides with a child to make fun of your spouse is so disrespectful.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

endof
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by endof »

Catface2 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:00 am Yay! My title got chosen! Thanks guys!
Well done :love2: hope she reads it here!
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

Kevin does not spend that much time at home to have much effect on Chad first his studies then travelling! Also every time there is drama he remains calm and slightly indifferent to it! Ruby does the parenting basically alone and Chad definitely shares alot of her traits! Drama over the top reactions smug thinking he is amazing etc! I think Kevin sometimes sides with the kids because he outgrew Ruby and probably as a PHD professor finds her idiocy to much to bare! He has also experienced the Italian lifestyle women culture and he has lost all interest in the flakeness she constantly conjures! I think all this mom’s are powerful, I am so good a writer I write masterpieces I cry, I am a successful film maker blah blah blah ......is more to impress Kevin that she is worthy too rather than anything else! Chad is her and going into manhood now she will get a huge uprising from him because he will slowly not put up with her controlling manipulative ways any longer!
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

I have to say it was very interesting that in the video of her taking Julie to the dr to find out why she blinks so much that Ruby said and showed herself having some sort of tic thing when she was younger...like a head bang thing. Now I’m even more convinced she has some sort of neurological problem. I REALLY wish Ruby would see a neurologist and get herself checked out. There IS something very wrong with her. People just don’t have the level of confusion and forgetfulness that she has. I actually am worried for her. She’s a shit parent...but maybe if she could get some medical intervention she’d function better and be a better Mom.
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

Catface2 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:29 am I have to say it was very interesting that in the video of her taking Julie to the dr to find out why she blinks so much that Ruby said and showed herself having some sort of tic thing when she was younger...like a head bang thing. Now I’m even more convinced she has some sort of neurological problem. I REALLY wish Ruby would see a neurologist and get herself checked out. There IS something very wrong with her. People just don’t have the level of confusion and forgetfulness that she has. I actually am worried for her. She’s a shit parent...but maybe if she could get some medical intervention she’d function better and be a better Mom.
She also said her childhood stopped at 12!? That is a weird and harsh statement to make considering she had super mom Jen!? Why I wonder?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Kevin is definitely home enough to have an impact on Chad. His personality may be more similar to Ruby’s, but how he interacts with Kesley could very much be him emulating the dynamic he’s seen between his parents. Kevin is condescending, just like Chad can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

Following

Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:51 pm Kevin is definitely home enough to have an impact on Chad. His personality may be more similar to Ruby’s, but how he interacts with Kesley could very much be him emulating the dynamic he’s seen between his parents. Kevin is condescending, just like Chad can be.

YES. Kevin seems very controlling in a condescending manipulated way. The fact that he made the decision that chad stay home and work for ruby alone says a lot. If my husband made that decision without my knowledge I would be livid. And the fact that chad seems to do the same crap to kesley and he’s only 13 is scary. Maybe I’m just extremely lucky to have the husband I do but we are equal partners. It seems to not be that way in this family.
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

I personally would have run a mile had I been married to someone like Ruby or any of the Griffs! I personally don’t know how Kevin does it day in day out for so many years? His escapes(travel) may be his coping mechanism but whatever he is I would totally put up with if I was left wit choosing between him an Ruby! Ruby for me is so volatile it is scary to even think of living with her next door never mind in the same house!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

endof wrote:I personally would have run a mile had I been married to someone like Ruby or any of the Griffs! I personally don’t know how Kevin does it day in day out for so many years? His escapes(travel) may be his coping mechanism but whatever he is I would totally put up with if I was left wit choosing between him an Ruby! Ruby for me is so volatile it is scary to even think of living with her next door never mind in the same house!
It’s entirely possible that Ruby is volatile with the kids because shit rolls downhill. It’s possible she feels owned and powerless against Kevin, and then turns around and takes her frustration out on the kids. Sadly, I’ve seen this play out before.

endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

HelloSweetie wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:26 pm
endof wrote:I personally would have run a mile had I been married to someone like Ruby or any of the Griffs! I personally don’t know how Kevin does it day in day out for so many years? His escapes(travel) may be his coping mechanism but whatever he is I would totally put up with if I was left wit choosing between him an Ruby! Ruby for me is so volatile it is scary to even think of living with her next door never mind in the same house!
It’s entirely possible that Ruby is volatile with the kids because shit rolls downhill. It’s possible she feels owned and powerless against Kevin, and then turns around and takes her frustration out on the kids. Sadly, I’ve seen this play out before.

Or the fact that the well known Griff Control could not take hold on Kevin as it did on Joel and Jared so her frustration to control someone turned on the kids! She and he have after all admitted,that she adamantly refused he continued his studies and fight insued! She probably thought she would get her way but she had another thing coming! She also admitted many times that Kevin has left most of the decisions to her rarely arguing with her! Also that she told him many times his travelling days are over and again he refused! Even with her youtube money he maintains some self respect and his job! Kevin by far is not the one with control issues!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

endof wrote: Or the fact that the well known Griff Control could not take hold on Kevin as it did on Joel and Jared so her frustration to control someone turned on the kids! She and he have after all admitted,that she adamantly refused he continued his studies and fight insued! She probably thought she would get her way but she had another thing coming! She also admitted many times that Kevin has left most of the decisions to her rarely arguing with her! Also that she told him many times his travelling days are over and again he refused! Even with her youtube money he maintains some self respect and his job! Kevin by far is not the one with control issues!
I’ve seen him be as asshole enough to know he isn’t someone I’d want to be married to. She isn’t either. All I said was that the same gender parent is usually the most important influence on the behaviour of a chikd.

Agree to disagree Image

endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

HelloSweetie wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:52 pm
endof wrote: Or the fact that the well known Griff Control could not take hold on Kevin as it did on Joel and Jared so her frustration to control someone turned on the kids! She and he have after all admitted,that she adamantly refused he continued his studies and fight insued! She probably thought she would get her way but she had another thing coming! She also admitted many times that Kevin has left most of the decisions to her rarely arguing with her! Also that she told him many times his travelling days are over and again he refused! Even with her youtube money he maintains some self respect and his job! Kevin by far is not the one with control issues!
I’ve seen him be as asshole enough to know he isn’t someone I’d want to be married to. She isn’t either. All I said was that the same gender parent is usually the most important influence on the behaviour of a chikd.

Agree to disagree Image

Not saying you are wrong at all on that front but in many cases it is also the person present.It is hard to emulate someone who is not there most of the time.It is visible in little Russell who is desperate for Kevin’s attention. I am neither agreeing or disagreeing not everything needs be an argument, I am having a conversation,listening to all views and expressing mine.
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

Maybe she means ‘Mother’s are powerful into beating everyone psychologically wise into submission’!?
I will take Kevin as an example whenever little Eve is being little Eve, he show patience, laughs calls her spicy all normal behavior to me when dealing with a colourful 5 year old.After her recital he hugs her picks her up shows her he is proud etc... Now Ruby screams and yells to the point the child says you frightened me,why ...because Ruby left it last minute to take her to her activity then blamed the 5 year old for not listening to the sergeant drill! Said 5 year old tells her in the car mom you were scary, response,’did I shout at you? Then to the camera to show the world how good a mommy she is, Eve wanted to stay on the ipad. Now dissecting that, probably Eve was given the ipad to not bother her work and when time came for the lesson,Ruby had left it last minute to which the five year old would not be rushed or leave the game hense monster Ruby!
That is manipulation,then denying any blame! After the recital again she comes to Eve with zero affection and argues the incident on stage. She is constantly being mean and thinks it’s parenting well!
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Catching up. I would definitely pick Kevin over Ruby if you forced me to marry one, or die. However, I am a pretty independent person who would be flying all over the world myself, without 6 kids. So I wouldn't be crying alone at home in my 5 gallon "hweat" bucket. Kevin would likely be a different person entirely, if forced to be with me (for better or worse). I am not sure how 2 Engineers would get along or if he would even stand for it....a mormon man might choose death?

I question whether Kevin even wanted those kids at all, based on his actions and behavior. I get the feeling that Ruby feels saddled with the younger ones especially, because nobody else wants to deal with them (and she "raised them"). It was almost like Kevin was saying "you created this monster" when refusing to address Russell's "broken finger" because he would "freak out on him". Funny that the uncle he never sees, was "trusted" to do it.

I was surprised to hear Grandma Griffs was snoozing on the couch when Ruby and Kevin were out of town. Did she lock Eve and Russell in a closet to make this a possibility? I also thought it was strange that Shari and Chad acted like they never de-iced a car before. Has Ruby just made Julie do it since she was old enough to grasp a snow brush?

Also, has anyone seen Shari's video of things 'we' don't know about her? Trying to re-injure her ankle for attention.....kid's hating her at school.....having a full on meltdown at 14 yrs old because Chad wanted to eat her discarded jalapeño garnish.....speaking in a made-up "Portuguese" accent to try and be cool....I am scared she is already turing into Ruby. I am also terrified of the implications of a 14 yr old girl being "food aggressive". It sounds like a case study of a feral child guarding their food scraps.
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:18 pm Catching up. I would definitely pick Kevin over Ruby if you forced me to marry one, or die. However, I am a pretty independent person who would be flying all over the world myself, without 6 kids. So I wouldn't be crying alone at home in my 5 gallon "hweat" bucket. Kevin would likely be a different person entirely, if forced to be with me (for better or worse). I am not sure how 2 Engineers would get along or if he would even stand for it....a mormon man might choose death?

I question whether Kevin even wanted those kids at all, based on his actions and behavior. I get the feeling that Ruby feels saddled with the younger ones especially, because nobody else wants to deal with them (and she "raised them"). It was almost like Kevin was saying "you created this monster" when refusing to address Russell's "broken finger" because he would "freak out on him". Funny that the uncle he never sees, was "trusted" to do it.

I was surprised to hear Grandma Griffs was snoozing on the couch when Ruby and Kevin were out of town. Did she lock Eve and Russell in a closet to make this a possibility? I also thought it was strange that Shari and Chad acted like they never de-iced a car before. Has Ruby just made Julie do it since she was old enough to grasp a snow brush?

Also, has anyone seen Shari's video of things 'we' don't know about her? Trying to re-injure her ankle for attention.....kid's hating her at school.....having a full on meltdown at 14 yrs old because Chad wanted to eat her discarded jalapeño garnish.....speaking in a made-up "Portuguese" accent to try and be cool....I am scared she is already turing into Ruby. I am also terrified of the implications of a 14 yr old girl being "food aggressive". It sounds like a case study of a feral child guarding their food scraps.
Yes yes yes yes yes yes to all!!!
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

They really all need to go in to counseling, Ruby needs to get a head scan, and Chad and Russell need anger management. I will say it, til Ruby see's it and does it. All YT families are kinda crazy... but, there's something seriously wrong with this one..
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
Elah_w
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elah_w »

The food issues really bother me. I spent a few years working at a place that works with foster kids and some of the food issues those kids showed were similar to the 8 passenger kids (hoarding, binging, getting very upset over food, etc.) It was very telling a few vlogs back when Julie said eating all the leftovers on Sunday is the best part of the week because mom doesn’t yell at us for eating. That little comment honestly made me gasp.

And look at all the cereal and junk Chad got for his birthday from friends. Idk I thought it was weird. Eve isn’t growing, Shari is super short, and the other kids are pretty thin. They have the smallest and strangest portions I have ever seen for meals. I’ll show my husband their meals and we’re both like that’s literally enough for just the 2 of us with MAYBE another leftover meal?? And we are both averaged sized. This family is so fricken weird!!

Return to “8 Passengers”