rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Gone With The Group While Lincoln Has Croup | Part 53

Unread post by rdt1004 »

YTIG60 wrote:
ba1006 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:35 am I find it ironic that Olivia has asked for a puppy for many years but as soon as their views started falling, they get one. Ellie has said many times that Bonnie doesn't like dogs but now she does? This twit will do anything for a buck.
I agree, this was not only ironic, but also strategic. However, I don't think it will work long term.
I love how Bonnie said the puppy could eat her food on the towel, but she has to keep the food on the towel. :? Towel training?
I think Lady was trying to take the food out of the bowl so she could break it down to eat it. It was easy enough to see they just needed to break up the food for her tiny little mouth and then she probably would’ve ate from the bowl just fine. No doubt, they’ll be getting rid of her in a few weeks for a problem that easily fixable by them but they’re just too stupid to realize it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Liz_444 wrote:Bonnie acted like she was "off her rocker" in today's video. Something was just off....she looked manic. She definitely looked like she was on a "high". God help the kids (and pup) when she comes crashing down.

So they paid a few thousand dollars for a mutt?? Designer dogs??? That's just a name for a mixed breed.

I felt bad for Boston. They got him out of bed to see the puppy? They have no common sense!
Yeah, it cracks me up that people pay thousands of dollars for a "designer dog". When I was growing up, they were called mutts. I have a mutt--he's a Rottweiler- golden retriever mix. He's my third child.
I just don't understand why they couldn't go to a shelter or a rescue. Gotta have the puppy for views I guess.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Z3phyr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Z3phyr »

lmmomSD wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:35 pm
Liz_444 wrote:Bonnie acted like she was "off her rocker" in today's video. Something was just off....she looked manic. She definitely looked like she was on a "high". God help the kids (and pup) when she comes crashing down.

So they paid a few thousand dollars for a mutt?? Designer dogs??? That's just a name for a mixed breed.

I felt bad for Boston. They got him out of bed to see the puppy? They have no common sense!
Yeah, it cracks me up that people pay thousands of dollars for a "designer dog". When I was growing up, they were called mutts. I have a mutt--he's a Rottweiler- golden retriever mix. He's my third child.
I just don't understand why they couldn't go to a shelter or a rescue. Gotta have the puppy for views I guess.

Can you imagine control freak Bonnie adopting from a shelter? I can’t even imagine her going to a shelter. I’m sure she’d turn her nose up at the sadness, sights and odors of an animal shelter. I’m still shocked she was able to function during their church mission they took in her pre-surgery days.

I think she bought that puppy because she thought she could be in total control of how large it got, how much it would or wouldn’t shed, that it would have a personality like the neighborhood dog she seems to tolerate. She’s in for a rude awakening because she can’t control it.

Best case scenario: the kids get to experience unconditional love and affection from the dog. I don’t understand why it’s designated as Olivia’s dog since it’s likely the only animal they’ll ever get. I feel badly for the boys.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Z3phyr wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:35 pm

Can you imagine control freak Bonnie adopting from a shelter? I can’t even imagine her going to a shelter. I’m sure she’d turn her nose up at the sadness, sights and odors of an animal shelter. I’m still shocked she was able to function during their church mission they took in her pre-surgery days.

I think she bought that puppy because she thought she could be in total control of how large it got, how much it would or wouldn’t shed, that it would have a personality like the neighborhood dog she seems to tolerate. She’s in for a rude awakening because she can’t control it.

Best case scenario: the kids get to experience unconditional love and affection from the dog. I don’t understand why it’s designated as Olivia’s dog since it’s likely the only animal they’ll ever get. I feel badly for the boys.
I agree with this completely we got our pup from the shelter 2 weeks ago. She is a family dog. I would never tell one of my kids that it was their dog. She is a family dog. There is no reason Bonnie’s dog can’t bond with all the kids.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Didn't Ellie once compare adopting a child to getting a shelter dog? "You don't know what you're getting"?
I could see Bonnie thinking the same way.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:Didn't Ellie once compare adopting a child to getting a shelter dog? "You don't know what you're getting"?

Honestly I kind of think this way as well. With two small children I would never adopt a grown dog with no known background like cullens sister did for example. My dog however is only 6 months old and spent two of those in the shelter. Her temperament is amazing. I might go through a rescue though, the foster parents would know a lot about the dogs temperament.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

She couldn’t do a rescue. Most rescues shelters have you fill out forms give references. My friend was denied because she had never had a dog and she had a child under 5 in the house. My daughter was turned down because she is in graduate school. I turned down people because they wanted to raise a dog before having a child. The other person wanted a running partner. The dog we were fostering had little legs. She was not going to run long distances. Bonnie had to buy her fancy designer dog.
Someone asked me once what my mixed breed was. I said she is a Justa. She later called and said where can she get a Justa. I said most shelters. She is just a dog. You can make anything sound fancy by giving it a special sounding name. We never knew what breeds she was. She was Justa good dog!!

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

A lot of these YouTubers that get dogs from puppy mills do so because they want this perfect aesthetically pleasing dog and they feel like they can't get that at a shelter. It comes off as being "too good" for that which is sad.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:01 am Bri posted an Instagram video of what looks to be Bonnie’s dog, in a crate of course.
Bri can add dog walking and dog bathing to her long list of chores she will be doing now
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Didn't Ellie once compare adopting a child to getting a shelter dog? "You don't know what you're getting"?

Honestly I kind of think this way as well. With two small children I would never adopt a grown dog with no known background like cullens sister did for example. My dog however is only 6 months old and spent two of those in the shelter. Her temperament is amazing. I might go through a rescue though, the foster parents would know a lot about the dogs temperament.

Most shelters do psych testing on dogs before putting them up for adoption. Dogs that show _any_ aggressive tendencies are not adopted out. That's how they could adopt out dogs rescued from fighting rings.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ba1006 wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:01 am Bri posted an Instagram video of what looks to be Bonnie’s dog, in a crate of course.
Bri can add dog walking and dog bathing to her long list of chores she will be doing now
And picking up poop...

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:

Most shelters do psych testing on dogs before putting them up for adoption. Dogs that show _any_ aggressive tendencies are not adopted out. That's how they could adopt out dogs rescued from fighting rings.

They don’t really temperament test dogs in rural Georgia. They may do so in Utah and where you live though. There are no kill shelters near me that temperament test but my local animal control does not. They couldn’t tell me if any of the dogs would be good with kids, cats, or other dogs.

Sickandtired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sickandtired »

Really? Both are super annoying and make me cringe!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

^She's emotional when it comes to reading comments about herself...
She somehow found a way to make buying a dog about herself!! It always comes back to compliments for her and she just has to let the world know
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

MommaLindsey2 wrote: They don’t really temperament test dogs in rural Georgia. They may do so in Utah and where you live though. There are no kill shelters near me that temperament test but my local animal control does not. They couldn’t tell me if any of the dogs would be good with kids, cats, or other dogs.

Even purebreds can have issues though. You are never guaranteed a certain temperament, even with a breed that is “known for” a certain trait.

This is why there are still so many breed specific rescues. Beagles are known for being ridiculously gentle and passive, but the female we have is a stubborn SOB. It took me awhile to fully trust her around my 4 year old, despite their having grown up together.

There’s nothing “wrong” with rescue dogs. Or kids that need adopting! Ellie’s comment was ignorant af in so many ways imo. It’s wrong that there aren’t more empathetic people out there willing to give them a chance.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote: They don’t really temperament test dogs in rural Georgia. They may do so in Utah and where you live though. There are no kill shelters near me that temperament test but my local animal control does not. They couldn’t tell me if any of the dogs would be good with kids, cats, or other dogs.

Even purebreds can have issues though. You are never guaranteed a certain temperament, even with a breed that is “known for” a certain trait.

This is why there are still so many breed specific rescues. Beagles are known for being ridiculously gentle and passive, but the female we have is a stubborn SOB. It took me awhile to fully trust her around my 4 year old, despite their having grown up together.

There’s nothing “wrong” with rescue dogs. Or kids that need adopting! Ellie’s comment was ignorant af in so many ways imo. It’s wrong that there aren’t more empathetic people out there willing to give them a chance.

I have rescued dogs my entire life and my current dogs are all rescues. I didn’t fully put into words what I meant and of course what Ellie said is ignorant but I can understand where she is coming from with small children myself. I feel different now when I adopt a dog than I used to. We met tons of dogs and many of the adult dogs seemed good with my kids but it still made me uncomfortable. The pup we have is an amazing pit mix she loves them and constantly kisses them. She cried and dug her feet in and didn’t want to leave us when the shelter worker tried to take her away from us on a leash to meet another dog. I believe there is a dog for everyone. When my kids are older I will be open to giving an older shelter dog a chance again. :)

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

What is Bri's name on Instagram?
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

Reading all the comments here is so upsetting yet informative! I am absolutely beside myself the woman who has zero patience when her own children get sick! Loses it and kicks out when angry! Sends out her rug immediately because her child crayoned a mark!
Allows no toys to be played with that may touch a wall!
Allows no child upstairs to disrupt her quiet time!
Bought a dog! That animal just entered the gate of Mordor! So sad!
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Their video today didn't achieve extremely high views plus their old vlogs are not trending like the past (4/18 - +288,807 total views @2200). What I think is happening there is now between 50,000 to 70,000 core fans who watch daily and on days like today, they'll see more viewers. You could put this in the context they have 1.2 million subscribers that should result in higher viewed videos. My opinion is the cute puppy will not help their channel return to their previous successful time period with high growth in views and subscribers.
xx+YTfan+xx
Talker
Talker

Unread post by xx+YTfan+xx »

This control freak is way too neurotic to have a dog. Is she serious with this crap?

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”