Our Tribe Of Many

LightlyToasted
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Our Tribe Of Many

Unread post by LightlyToasted »

Anybody watch them? I can’t seem to find a thread on them, so here we go! They are an interracial couple with 9 kids, and I honestly like them. She does super interesting once a month grocery hauls and other videos, any other thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
strikeaposie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Our Tribe Of Many

Unread post by strikeaposie »

I watch them! I found another thread on a board that was quite harsh--it read like they were really hung up on the fact that she wasn't black. There were just a lot of inappropriate banter surrounding their races. I like them and I can't really tell why, the grocery haul videos are what pulled me in. I love that she feeds them real food. She recently did a freezer and pantry challenge where they bought minimal groceries for the month and cleared out their freezers and pantries. She said they were able to save $1,300 that month! and are donating to families in need.

They're incredibly religious in their real life but it doesn't translate obnoxiously into their channel (IE: Cole and Savannah LaBrant).

One thing I found weird is that she said she limits her kids to 5 outfits in one video which I thought was weird, but in other videos she said they buy them 5 day outfits, but are often gifted clothes and those 5 outfits don't include their church/nice outfits so I guess it's not too weird. I guess if I had that many kids I would try to limit the amount of stuff they have.
LightlyToasted
Informer
Informer

strikeaposie wrote:I watch them! I found another thread on a board that was quite harsh--it read like they were really hung up on the fact that she wasn't black. There were just a lot of inappropriate banter surrounding their races. I like them and I can't really tell why, the grocery haul videos are what pulled me in. I love that she feeds them real food. She recently did a freezer and pantry challenge where they bought minimal groceries for the month and cleared out their freezers and pantries. She said they were able to save $1,300 that month! and are donating to families in need.

They're incredibly religious in their real life but it doesn't translate obnoxiously into their channel (IE: Cole and Savannah LaBrant).

One thing I found weird is that she said she limits her kids to 5 outfits in one video which I thought was weird, but in other videos she said they buy them 5 day outfits, but are often gifted clothes and those 5 outfits don't include their church/nice outfits so I guess it's not too weird. I guess if I had that many kids I would try to limit the amount of stuff they have.
The freezer challenge was so interesting to watch! I come from a small family, so trying to wrap my head around how they manage to run such a great household with 9 kids is beyond me, plus she home schools which is insane! I do love that they don’t shove their faith in our faces like some other Youtubers, but it does seem natural when brought up. The recent video with the bat had me laughing so hard, I would’ve been far far away from that basement lol

strikeaposie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

:lol: I tried a mini pantry challenge, but didn't realize it would trigger anxiety for my boyfriend. He grew up in the country (like 45 minutes from the closest grocery store) so in hindsight maybe letting the pantry get bare boned in the winter wasn't the greatest idea. :lol:

I think having the second living room really keeps the upstairs looking nice, but she also knows the power of burst cleaning. It seems like they tidy throughout the day instead of just leaving it. It'd be interesting to see how the house was run at like 4-5 kids versus 9, she said she's adapted her methods as the kids have aged. On the other forum she got a lot of flack for her schedule and the chores for the kids, but that's part of what keeps their house running.
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by gibberish »

Oh, I like them too, and recommended them to the board a long time ago. They co-pastor a church, altho she's not overly active at this point. He also has a business. I like Sarah's personality. She very pleasant when she vlogs, often chuckling in a natural manner.

She seems very organized with the home schooling, meal planning, and shopping. Oh, and her kids are learning piano. Well, I've heard the oldest 4 play. Judah, the oldest is a very good player. He's studious and wants to be a doctor. PianoCelloBoys is his channel...Perfect is nice. I don't see some I've heard before.

Thanks for starting this thread!!
LightlyToasted
Informer
Informer

gibberish wrote:Oh, I like them too, and recommended them to the board a long time ago. They co-pastor a church, altho she's not overly active at this point. He also has a business. I like Sarah's personality. She very pleasant when she vlogs, often chuckling in a natural manner.

She seems very organized with the home schooling, meal planning, and shopping. Oh, and her kids are learning piano. Well, I've heard the oldest 4 play. Judah, the oldest is a very good player. He's studious and wants to be a doctor. PianoCelloBoys is his channel...Perfect is nice. I don't see some I've heard before.

Thanks for starting this thread!!
Maybe it is you who I got the suggestion from! I remember seeing their name here quite a few months ago, and have been watching since. So thank you for the suggestion! I do like them as a family, I just worry about the older kids having to take on the responsibility of watching the younger ones for their parents.

IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by IHateCilantro »

Im an Atheist, and I LOVE them!

I love them for the fact that Sarah tells people to not gift them with money. Too many others accept money when they dont need it.
Solo is a financial planner.
I see too many fans of these Gurus, throw money at Gurus. Or say, "I feel lead by God to give you money!"
INSANE! You are already paying in ads to watch the Guru. Crazy
My posts on this board are only my opinion and shouldnt be taken as fact, unless noted
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

...oh and they eat healthy but NORMAL! And I LOVE the kids
My posts on this board are only my opinion and shouldnt be taken as fact, unless noted
LightlyToasted
Informer
Informer

I like that they aren’t doing a “BIG HUGE HOUSE TOUR” and want to keep the majority of their houses’ layout and room location private, they are smart to do that. I did like the updated house tour though, I just can’t imagine being 13 and sharing a bed with my 7/8/9(?) year old sister...but that said I grew up very differently from them, I only have a brother, went to public school and didn’t come from a very religious family. Hard to judge but still odd, at least it’s a King sized bed...Though I wonder when they’ll change to bunk beds

poohbear91
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by poohbear91 »

I like them a lot. I don't think it's anything wrong with the kids doing chores and she allows them to be normal kids too. I also appreciate how she still tries to feed them tasty healthy food. I know some people think that micromanaging snacks is weird but it's not like they don't get fed and have unlimited access to fruit. I just think so many people in general over eat these days (including me) so we expect everyone else to be doing the same. I think it would easy for her to have a messy house and not care but it's mostly always very tidy.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

strikeaposie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

poohbear91 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:57 am I like them a lot. I don't think it's anything wrong with the kids doing chores and she allows them to be normal kids too. I also appreciate how she still tries to feed them tasty healthy food. I know some people think that micromanaging snacks is weird but it's not like they don't get fed and have unlimited access to fruit. I just think so many people in general over eat these days (including me) so we expect everyone else to be doing the same. I think it would easy for her to have a messy house and not care but it's mostly always very tidy.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Yessss! We limit junk in our house, but fruits and veggies are always allowed. Over the weekend the kid got hungry at like 9:30 pm. I gave her a list of maybe 5 fruits/veggies that we had and she scoffed "Geeze, I'm not that hungry!"

There's also a handful of videos where she pans to a messy area and laughs about how they had plans to clean but got distracted, so it's not like cleaning rules her life.
vonniebeth
Gossiper
Gossiper
Discord name: vonniebeth

Unread post by vonniebeth »

I concur with all of you. Our Tribe of Many is one of my favorite YouTube channels. I love listening to Sarah talk, and all the kids are adorable. I watched the video talking about the kids' names, and I love how they gave their daughters Swahili middle names since they won't have their Swahili last name if they ever get married.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

RIP Seamus, the goodest good boy :love2: 11.08.06-12.08.19
g4321
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by g4321 »

I like their food hauls.
yellowbowl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by yellowbowl »

I like their food hauls too! And for some reason, I like how much cheese they eat. It seems so different from most other Youtube families. Even though Mom & Dad are dieting, the kids eat pretty normal.
gibberish
Informer
Informer

I want to try some of her recipes, but I'll have to buy several NEW ingredients for each dish. That means first locating the ingredients. I don't think my local stores stock the less common ingredients. Maybe Amazon...
yew
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by yew »

I really enjoy Our Tribe of Many! Especially their kenyan recipes are really interesting.

And as someone already said, even though they are very religious and the dad is a priest, it doesn't come off as "in your face religious". Yeah there was a vlog about church things just a bit ago, but it just seemed natural? I'm an atheist and i still enjoy their videos a lot. Sarah seems so nice!
Sherilynn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Sherilynn »

I was one of their Christmas card recipients; I think they sent out something like 1000 of them! I am a dork, but keep it on my desk. The happy smiling babies always make ME smile. I *loved* when Solo's mother was staying with them. She seems so nice. And Sarah's dad is hilarious!

They are people that I would love to spend time with, "in real life". The kids are so talented musically! It's refreshing to see how they all interact together and work together to get things done.
:bflower: "If I could turn snarky sarcasm into a paying job, I would be employed for eternity." :bflower:
gibberish
Informer
Informer

yew wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:11 am I really enjoy Our Tribe of Many! Especially their kenyan recipes are really interesting.

And as someone already said, even though they are very religious and the dad is a priest, it doesn't come off as "in your face religious". Yeah there was a vlog about church things just a bit ago, but it just seemed natural? I'm an atheist and i still enjoy their videos a lot. Sarah seems so nice!
Not to be nitpicky, but Solo is a pastor, not a priest. And yeah, they are real natural about their religion.
Last edited by gibberish on Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Sherilynn wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:09 pm I was one of their Christmas card recipients; I think they sent out something like 1000 of them! I am a dork, but keep it on my desk. The happy smiling babies always make ME smile. I *loved* when Solo's mother was staying with them. She seems so nice. And Sarah's dad is hilarious!

They are people that I would love to spend time with, "in real life". The kids are so talented musically! It's refreshing to see how they all interact together and work together to get things done.
I love Sarah's dad...he's a riot!
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Shes just so natural.

Return to “I-P”