Brittany Vasseur (Vasseur Beauty)

mommyof3
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Brittany Vasseur (Vasseur Beauty)

Unread post by mommyof3 »

I will agree with you on some points. I asked her over on Instagram why she didnt upload more Carter's corner and she said something to the line of I'm too busy with my business, no time, and she didnt want to force Carter to do something he didnt want to do. I personally think it was because she didnt have nearly as many subscribers and views for her preference. I loved that channel and applied a lot of the tips to my own 2 year old girl.
I do think she should upload more frequently. She has a few hours a day everyday for "working" so she has time to do more videos. Surely her essential oils dont take thag much time, but i wouldnt know. I would like more videos if they were more mom related. She said she was going to do more mom related stuff on her stories, but we will see how long that lasts.
PhreePanda
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PhreePanda »

I was hopeful for Carters corner. Even if he doesn’t want to I’d love to hear more tips from her as she seems to of done phenomenal with him. I can’t get into some of her other videos but like to fallow her because my oldest is Carters age and I’m always looking for new ideas and activities for us.
nhopes
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by nhopes »

I don’t believe that she doesn’t have enough time to film a video for Carter’s channel. And speaking of, why even start a second channel when you’re working on a business?She shouldn’t even have had another channel, just should have added the carter stuff to her main channel.

I personally don’t want to see carter, I just want the sit down videos with the mom information. She said she was going to do a sleep training video and she just flaked on it. I really like most of her videos, that’s why I’m disappointed.

Also, we really didn’t need her to story-tell that Ikea catalog to us. Her videos are starting to go down in quality.
catmom89
Informer
Informer

Unread post by catmom89 »

Just found this thread. I actually really like Brittany. Carter is ADORABLE and so incredibly smart for his age. I'm so happy that she was finally able to get pregnant - with a girl! Anyway, I'd really like to see more real life stuff from her, not just organizing or cleaning videos. Some vlogs would be nice.
ban1o
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ban1o »

I’m not going to lie I will always have a soft spot for Brittany. At the worst of my depression it was her videos that motivated me actually clean up and organize my space. I don’t know what it is about them but it finally got me off my ass to clean up my mess lol. But her videos are getting repetitive. I also hope she does more videos for Carter’s Corner.
Lionking
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lionking »

Did you all see her IG stories about possibly getting into a lawsuit?
DasHappy
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DasHappy »

Lionking wrote:Did you all see her IG stories about possibly getting into a lawsuit?
No, what's the tea?

Her life seems so perfect,I came here to see if there was actually any gossip on her lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Lionking
Amateur
Amateur

DasHappy wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:11 am
Lionking wrote:Did you all see her IG stories about possibly getting into a lawsuit?
No, what's the tea?

Her life seems so perfect,I came here to see if there was actually any gossip on her lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
She had a recent video (which she took down very quickly) about doing lashes at home. I didn’t watch the video, but from her IG stories it seems that in the video she said lashify’s wand is too expensive and she linked another wand on amazon that is around $10 (can’t remember the exact price) and either just as good as lashify’s wand or close enough. Lashify saw this video and sent her messages on IG saying she was promoting counterfeit items and she responded with “so sue me!” On her stories she was newrly in tears about the situation and said lashify was basically harassing her and threatening a lawsuit and she was so outraged and said she brought them so much business and she couldn’t believe they were treating her like this. She said she does not recommend them and will never use their products again. She put in their IG handle and told all her followers to go tell them to stop? Something like that, can’t remember exactly what she asked her followers to do but I think it was basically to stand up for her. I went on lashify’s IG and they had a post (which is now deleted) of screenshots of their conversation which was basically lashify contacting her about what she said and her responding with “how dare you treat me like this! I brought you so much business! So sue me! Sue me then!” And then lashify said if you’re going to continue promoting counterfeit eit then we’re going to need your legal representation information. She then said on her stories that she wasn’t promoting counterfeit and that this product was on the market long before lashify.

I wish I took screenshots. Everything is deleted now. 😐 i tried to say exactly what I remembered though.
3mommy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by 3mommy »

In my opinion, I think Brittany was way overreacting on Instagram and she should have kept it off of there until things calmed down a little bit. It deffintly could have been the pregnancy hormones, but it was tacky to post it and have her followers go onto Lashify's account to dedend her.
Lalalilylove
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lalalilylove »

3mommy wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:53 pm In my opinion, I think Brittany was way overreacting on Instagram and she should have kept it off of there until things calmed down a little bit. It deffintly could have been the pregnancy hormones, but it was tacky to post it and have her followers go onto Lashify's account to dedend her.
Lashify was slandering her though and posting messages and stuff. Brittany was defending herself. I feel so bad for her. She is the only YouTuber I’ve been watching since the beginning because she’s the only one who hasn’t let the YouTube fame go to her head. She’s a good person and had no ill intent. I wonder if lashify thought Brittany was trying to bring their company down because Brittany’s business is Vasseir beauty. Doesn’t excuse lashify, they were very tacky. But just a thought.
Lionking
Amateur
Amateur

I think they were both unprofessional. I don’t know who put up stories on their instagram first, she wasn’t very clear on that. Either way, it was tacky of her to ask her subs to go defend her. She also didn’t make sense in the conversation snapshots lashify shared. She also was outraged that they were coming at her after she had given them so much business. Seems a little entitled. I’m not excusing lashify, but since I don’t follow them or care about them; I don’t have any expectations from them.
nowayjose546
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by nowayjose546 »

I really like Brittany but her style is stuck in 2012. She showed nasty cheap sandals the other day and her thred up picks were terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sobinski
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Sobinski »

I just came here to comment that I cannot BELIEVE there's a thread on YTMD for Brittany Vasseur! I love her so much! How can anyone possible talk shit about this angel :D
charliema16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by charliema16 »

She’s had her baby girl. For anyone wondering what the “drama” was, her epidural wore off before she started pushing. 🙄🙄🙄
bridzs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bridzs »

charliema16 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:51 pm She’s had her baby girl. For anyone wondering what the “drama” was, her epidural wore off before she started pushing. 🙄🙄🙄
you can call me a hater, though I genuinely like her, but she was a bit dramatic about it. My heart goes out for her for her lost babies, but this time she had an uncomplicated pregnancy, she had no complications during labor and delivered a healthy baby girl. Yes it's painful like nothing else, but that's just how it is. I think the main reason she had a bad experience because she was not anticipating the pain and was panicking when she started feeling contractions again. The epidural probably did more harm than good, though at least she had a break for a while which she would not have had otherwise....

In don't judge her for being traumatized or loosing during the pain, but the way she hyped it on the internet left a bad taste in my mouth...
Lalalilylove
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lalalilylove »

I love Brittany and have been watching her basically since her channel launched but it’s really upsetting to see her promoting cereal that sells for almost $10 a box. She is a pretty frugal person so I hope this isn’t a sign she is turning into all the other youtubers whk change from their frugal and relatable personalities to greedy narcissists. I think she would lose soooo many subscribers if she starts acting like “them” because most of us love how relatable she is.
thejudgeydrudgey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by thejudgeydrudgey »

I feel horrible posting here because I really like Brittany. But nearly all of her content recently (YT + IG) is centered around Ryan. I don’t mind him, I actually used to enjoy his little cameos here and there, but it’s way too much now IMO. I had to unfollow her on IG because I don’t need the constant reels and story series of him.

With all that being said, he does seem like a great husband/dad, and I like that he has an actual job unlike most YT husbands. It’s just too much.
Lionking
Amateur
Amateur

I like her too but it feels like she gets away with a lot of things that other influencers get called out for. And for the most part, I get it. She gets away with it because she’s generally unproblematic. She seems like a great mom, good wife, and nice person.

That being said, I also get annoyed with her. I absolutely hate when she does those small giveaways. Like giving away something worth 20-40 dollars and the criteria is always to like a video and a bunch of other stuff. I know she does bigger giveaways like $1,000 or bigger items, but again, it always comes with a bunch of criteria to enter. She recently did one on instagram but it was for more engagement with followers, liking and commenting on a lost, etc. I get that it’s part of her job and she wants to grow on YT and IG but can’t they just for once do a genuine giveaway where they don’t get anything back from it? They always mention giveaways are to give back to the followers, but it does more good/benefit for themselves than it does for the followers.

I also get annoyed when her IG stories end without her finishing a sentence but that’s just a pet peeve lol

I was also annoyed when she was as complaining on IG about not growing and that she wants quit IG. Then 2 days later everything is fine because she started doing reels... I don’t know, I just get annoyed when they complain about being stuck on their platforms.
thejudgeydrudgey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by thejudgeydrudgey »

Lionking wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:38 pm I like her too but it feels like she gets away with a lot of things that other influencers get called out for. And for the most part, I get it. She gets away with it because she’s generally unproblematic. She seems like a great mom, good wife, and nice person.

That being said, I also get annoyed with her. I absolutely hate when she does those small giveaways. Like giving away something worth 20-40 dollars and the criteria is always to like a video and a bunch of other stuff. I know she does bigger giveaways like $1,000 or bigger items, but again, it always comes with a bunch of criteria to enter. She recently did one on instagram but it was for more engagement with followers, liking and commenting on a lost, etc. I get that it’s part of her job and she wants to grow on YT and IG but can’t they just for once do a genuine giveaway where they don’t get anything back from it? They always mention giveaways are to give back to the followers, but it does more good/benefit for themselves than it does for the followers.

I also get annoyed when her IG stories end without her finishing a sentence but that’s just a pet peeve lol

I was also annoyed when she was as complaining on IG about not growing and that she wants quit IG. Then 2 days later everything is fine because she started doing reels... I don’t know, I just get annoyed when they complain about being stuck on their platforms.
Yeah, sometimes she participates in those giveaways where you have to follow like 10 other people and it’s such a small giveaway when you consider how much those people make vs. their contribution of 1/10 the prize.

She did one where she spoke in her IG stories about the other women in the giveaway. Myka Stauffer was one of them, and Brittany said something like “Myka is a great mom, who adopted a son with special needs from China, and that tells you everything you need to know about Myka and her huge heart” It bothered me because I used to watch Myka sometimes but stopped because her videos made me SO uncomfortable, with her clear favoritism of her bio kids and the way she’d treat Huxley in comparison. I remember thinking that if Brittany actually watched Myka’s videos, she probably wouldn’t have said that, and it came across as fake to promote people you probably don’t really know.

When it came out that Myka placed Huxley in a new home, Brittany unfollowed her but didn’t say anything. I totally get not wanting to get involved in YT drama, but there were several comments on Brittanys IG from people saying they only found/followed Myka because of Brittany’s recommendation. Not saying she needed to condemn her, or even apologize for recommending her, but it frustrated me to see her join another similar giveaway a few months later, when I doubt she really knew the other people involved again. Seemed like she didn’t learn anything from it.
Lionking
Amateur
Amateur

thejudgeydrudgey wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:15 amYeah, sometimes she participates in those giveaways where you have to follow like 10 other people and it’s such a small giveaway when you consider how much those people make vs. their contribution of 1/10 the prize.

She did one where she spoke in her IG stories about the other women in the giveaway. Myka Stauffer was one of them, and Brittany said something like “Myka is a great mom, who adopted a son with special needs from China, and that tells you everything you need to know about Myka and her huge heart” It bothered me because I used to watch Myka sometimes but stopped because her videos made me SO uncomfortable, with her clear favoritism of her bio kids and the way she’d treat Huxley in comparison. I remember thinking that if Brittany actually watched Myka’s videos, she probably wouldn’t have said that, and it came across as fake to promote people you probably don’t really know.

When it came out that Myka placed Huxley in a new home, Brittany unfollowed her but didn’t say anything. I totally get not wanting to get involved in YT drama, but there were several comments on Brittanys IG from people saying they only found/followed Myka because of Brittany’s recommendation. Not saying she needed to condemn her, or even apologize for recommending her, but it frustrated me to see her join another similar giveaway a few months later, when I doubt she really knew the other people involved again. Seemed like she didn’t learn anything from it.
I understand and agree with everything you said! All of the giveaways these people do are ridiculous when you consider how much they’re gaining out of it (maybe up to thousands of new followers+engagement) vs the fact that they “help” 1 or 2 followers but claim to be doing these giveaways FOR the followers. It just drives me nuts.

The Myka stuff didn’t sit well with me either. I think Brittany is actually a great mom (from what we see) and probably knew nothing about Myka. She definitely didn’t seem to learn anything from that and looks like she just wants to increase her IG following.

This also reminds me (and correct me if I’m wrong), Brittany was silent on the BLM protests, right? She doesn’t come across as racist and probably isn’t but also doesn’t seem to be actively anti-racism? But I can’t remember her saying much about it. She seems to not use her platform to help others and probably wants to stay out of anything political. Which I get but don’t respect. She was silent about the Texas storm as well and didn’t share resources. I live in California and all my friends (with just the average following) shared information about it and posted links on how to help out with the storm. I think I would have more respect for Brittany if she acknowledged the world outside her YT and IG career. Again, correct me if I’m wrong and she actually has spoken out.

Another thing she gets away with that other mom youtubers don’t, she also uses her kids to make money. Maybe not quite as much as the other moms (and she does seem like an awesome mom), but nonetheless she has shared, without consent, information and pictures and videos of her kids for thousands of people to see.

She also doesn’t seem to teach her kids inclusivity or be actively anti-racism by having more inclusive books or dolls, etc. I saw that a lot of people were actively trying to make changes in how they speak to their kids or how they teach them, etc. by having more diverse books and toys and dolls. And using lots of opportunities to teach them.

Again, I do like her. She seems like a good person. But I just wanted to point out some of my thoughts...

Return to “A-H”