Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Don't Cry Over Lost Footage| Part #11

Unread post by LilaRose »

kates_crush wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:26 pm
LilaRose wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:00 am
lmmomSD wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:02 am "I'm keeping a close eye on Eve" Since when?
Eve talking with her mouth full-- lovely. And hypocrite mom ragging about Eve not "showing gratitude and being humble". She is in no position to throw stones about "being humble". How is Eve supposed to know how to act? Sometimes it's "hilarious" when she acts out, and sometimes she gets in trouble. She doesn't even remember where they are. She needs to get checked out. And she doesn't know shit about the area she's in. She apparently thinks the entire area is Nags Head. Kitty Hawk is where the Wright Brothers flew. Not Nags Head.
Of course she's got a big ol' crusty cold sore. And she said she had to do laundry because she was "out of clean underwear". Way TMI.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
she's running out of underwear on the 5th day of a three week long trip. And her kids do to, because they were only allowed to bring five pieces of each item. Five shirts, fine, I don't really mind a kind wearing a shirt twice. But why oh why can't they just bring 10 pairs of underwear? They don't take up any space anyway and they wouldn't have to wash constantly. There is no logic behind that rule, it's just completely insane.
I remember watching vids before a while ago of her showing the kids drawers/cleaning them out and I have seen the kids closets before and honestly they don't actually own many clothing items, I would say five different outfits each, I know at one point julie had barely any socks. She only buys them a couple outfit pieces a year because the clothes she does buy are expensive.
and you know what? I'd actually agree with that. If one can afford it I would definitely agree with quality over quantity. A couple of outfits are usually enough. What I don't get is why they can't buy a decent amount of underwear and socks. They have more than enough money to afford them, even if they were high quality too. It's a hygiene thing to have enough clean underwear and socks. And where it leads you when you only bring five pair of each we are seeing now in the vlogs in which Ruby complains daily about not having clean underwear. It's ridiculous.
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

Gossip_Girl wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:56 am
lmmomSD wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:31 am She doesn't know the difference between North and South Carolina?
And the freaking out about the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel...
Does Chick Fil-A give vloggers gift cards? They all eat there all the time.
The kids "literally" helped. Can they figuratively help? And you don't have to call to find out what time Mt Vernon closes.
Chad wants to go to West Point after seeing the changing of the guard at Arlington. Image Yeah. Seeing a few soldiers doing a ceremony is a good reason to commit to the military. Not. And I say that as someone who has grown up in the military and even married into it. The dramatic music at Arlington was a bit much. And to me, it's disrespectful to film the changing of the guard-- especially in a monetized video.
I'm sorry. I just can't with Ruby's smug face for most of the video. And the whining about laundry. Maybe if you had packed a little more...Go find a laundromat!
The one thing I can say is that at least she takes her kids on these trips, unlike her sisters. I can't see Bonnie doing this kind of road trip

I mean, I eat at Chick-fil-a all the time and I don’t have a Youtube channel lol. I honestly thought it was more popular down here in the southeast though than the west. I don’t see it as much in the northern Midwest states. I’m pretty indifferent about the filming of the guards. Filming and photos are allowed. As long as you are silent I don’t see the problem. The guards have no problem with calling people out though especially if they are beyond the ropes.
On filming the changing of the guard-I didn't have a problem with it either. They kept that part to a very small piece of the vlog. Now I was sure hoping that Eve didn't cut up and thankfully she didn't or at least it wasn't included in the vlog.
thealiengirlkathryn
Talker
Talker

Unread post by thealiengirlkathryn »

lmmomSD wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:36 am It's just the way vloggers are always announcing that they're eating at Chick Fil-A. I get that people like it (I have been boycotting it for the same reason Ruby loves it) but they are often mentioning that they're eating there. I mean do most people go around saying "We're eating Chick Fil-A"? Usually it's "We're getting lunch/dinner" not "We're getting Chick Fil-A".
Maybe I am making too much out of it.

I live in the south and people here are super passionate about Chick-Fil-A and constantly talk about it too. I don't know if it's something about the type of people that eat Chick-Fil-A that makes them more inclined to boast about it or if people just think it's that good. I never hear anybody that excited or proud about eating Burger King or McDonald's.
I got cat class and I got cat style :HK:
ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ujvs_ »

they really were amazed by a tunnel ha
Glowfish
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Glowfish »

lmmomSD wrote:She doesn't know the difference between North and South Carolina?
And the freaking out about the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel...
Does Chick Fil-A give vloggers gift cards? They all eat there all the time.
The kids "literally" helped. Can they figuratively help? And you don't have to call to find out what time Mt Vernon closes.
Chad wants to go to West Point after seeing the changing of the guard at Arlington. Image Yeah. Seeing a few soldiers doing a ceremony is a good reason to commit to the military. Not. And I say that as someone who has grown up in the military and even married into it. The dramatic music at Arlington was a bit much. And to me, it's disrespectful to film the changing of the guard-- especially in a monetized video.
I'm sorry. I just can't with Ruby's smug face for most of the video. And the whining about laundry. Maybe if you had packed a little more...Go find a laundromat!
The one thing I can say is that at least she takes her kids on these trips, unlike her sisters. I can't see Bonnie doing this kind of road trip

Well I mean if it gives him a direction and inspiration, then I think it’s good. However, isn’t West Point hard to get into? He’s going to have to straighten his grades and behavior up. May keep him from going on a mission though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ujvs_ wrote:they really were amazed by a tunnel ha
I got a chuckle out of that too. "How do they keep it from collapsing?" Umm, yes, it is pretty cool. But Shari was actually acting nervous. It's been ok for years. I think you all will be safe going through it.
I guess I am reading too much into the Chick Fil-A thing. But it's true-- people don't brag about going to get McDonald's or KFC.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Did they take the Chesapeake Bay tunnel, or was that the Hampton Roads tunnel they were freaking out about? Because if it was the Chesapeake Tunnel, they totally took the long way...

Emily81
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emily81 »

thealiengirlkathryn wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:36 am It's just the way vloggers are always announcing that they're eating at Chick Fil-A. I get that people like it (I have been boycotting it for the same reason Ruby loves it) but they are often mentioning that they're eating there. I mean do most people go around saying "We're eating Chick Fil-A"? Usually it's "We're getting lunch/dinner" not "We're getting Chick Fil-A".
Maybe I am making too much out of it.

I live in the south and people here are super passionate about Chick-Fil-A and constantly talk about it too. I don't know if it's something about the type of people that eat Chick-Fil-A that makes them more inclined to boast about it or if people just think it's that good. I never hear anybody that excited or proud about eating Burger King or McDonald's.

That says a lot.
There is nothing to be proud about supporting a company that promotes homophobia.

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

lmmomSD wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:34 pm
I got a chuckle out of that too. "How do they keep it from collapsing?" Umm, yes, it is pretty cool. But Shari was actually acting nervous. It's been ok for years. I think you all will be safe going through it.
I guess I am reading too much into the Chick Fil-A thing. But it's true-- people don't brag about going to get McDonald's or KFC.

You're not reading into it to much. I think that there's huge support for anti gay Chick Fil-A amongst Mormons. There's a hidden agenda promoting Chick Fil-A and almost every Mormon Youtuber that I've come across make a big deal and say it loud, that they are going to eat at Chick Fil-A when they do. I think that it's a way for them to express and share their anti gay views without saying it and getting caught.
I've also seen other Christians on Youtube and other forums so it's not only Mormons but I suspect that Chick Fil-A have a special bond with Mormons.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Smarty pants Shari didn’t seem to know what Rotundra was. Good grief. The underwear thing is weird to me. I wear fresh in the morning then change into another fresh pair after my bath or shower before bed at night. I always plan on 2 pair a day when I travel. Am I just weird?
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Namm wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:45 pm
lmmomSD wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:34 pm

You're not reading into it to much. I think that there's huge support for anti gay Chick Fil-A amongst Mormons. There's a hidden agenda promoting Chick Fil-A and almost every Mormon Youtuber that I've come across make a big deal and say it loud, that they are going to eat at Chick Fil-A when they do. I think that it's a way for them to express and share their anti gay views without saying it and getting caught.
I've also seen other Christians on Youtube and other forums so it's not only Mormons but I suspect that Chick Fil-A have a special bond with Mormons.
I do think some people eat at chik fil A to support their agenda, but there is also a definite draw to their food. I work at a large university, and just recently they started bringing a limited menu of Chik Fil A items to one of the small cafes on campus a couple times a week. Everyone gets excited for chik fil A day, the line gets ridiculously long, and they always run out of food. I think this mostly has to do with the food (which I do think tastes pretty good), because obviously the majority of the students and employees are not Mormon or Christian.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Catface2 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:59 pm Smarty pants Shari didn’t seem to know what Rotundra was. Good grief. The underwear thing is weird to me. I wear fresh in the morning then change into another fresh pair after my bath or shower before bed at night. I always plan on 2 pair a day when I travel. Am I just weird?
I mean i think 1 pair per day is pretty normal, so maybe you are weird :D. But better to err on the side of being too clean rather than too dirty!
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

Catface2 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:59 pm Smarty pants Shari didn’t seem to know what Rotundra was. Good grief. The underwear thing is weird to me. I wear fresh in the morning then change into another fresh pair after my bath or shower before bed at night. I always plan on 2 pair a day when I travel. Am I just weird?
I am with you on the underwear thing... 2 a day. And I also pack extras, in case I take an extra shower, after swimming, or shower, after a really hot day or being outside walking around. They don't take up much space in a suitcase... so, why not? Same with socks... I bring tons! :P And I also, would find a way to pack an outfit for every day of the week... if not more! And Ruby could kiss my butt, if she had anything to say about it! I would just be like "Look Mom... Oreo's" and then she'd forget... and I would be in the clear. :rofl:
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
Z3phyr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Z3phyr »

ICantEven wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:48 pm
lmmomSD wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:34 pm I got a chuckle out of that too. "How do they keep it from collapsing?" Umm, yes, it is pretty cool. But Shari was actually acting nervous. It's been ok for years. I think you all will be safe going through it.

I do think some people eat at chik fil A to support their agenda, but there is also a definite draw to their food. I work at a large university, and just recently they started bringing a limited menu of Chik Fil A items to one of the small cafes on campus a couple times a week. Everyone gets excited for chik fil A day, the line gets ridiculously long, and they always run out of food. I think this mostly has to do with the food (which I do think tastes pretty good), because obviously the majority of the students and employees are not Mormon or Christian.
The pluses of Chick-fil-A are decently good food (for fast food), good customer service (unheard of at any other fast food place), and kid friendly. I don’t eat fast food much, but it’s the only fast food place I’ve gone to where the employees say nice things like “my pleasure” or come to your table and ask you if you’d like a drink refill. Their drive-thru model is also excellent. There are four or five employees that walk up to your car and take your order and payment so your wait time is minimal.

I don’t support Chick-fil-A political views anymore than I support those of Target, but I still patronize them both. Most people are too busy in their lives to get all butthurt about politics. It’s just the minority that are passionately supporting/protesting these businesses (and most of those people are all talk, no action just like Ruby).
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I don't know. A lot of my friends refuse to eat at Chick Fil-A, and my faux Christian homophobic ex-husband loves it. But I grew up in an activist family. We boycotted grapes during the farm workers strike, boycotted Nestle, recycled way before anyone else I know did, and didn't eat tuna until they developed dolphin-safe netting. Even if it tastes good, I am not spending my money at Chick Fil-A.
Sorry for taking this so far OT. To bring it back from the political bent-- it's just that I noticed how many vloggers seem to say "we're going to Chick Fil-A" and show themselves eating it, rather than just saying that they are eating. I know they get lots of freebies and gift cards, so I was just wondering if anyone else noticed or knew if they got freebies from there.

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Z3phyr wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:36 pm
ICantEven wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:48 pm

The pluses of Chick-fil-A are decently good food (for fast food), good customer service (unheard of at any other fast food place), and kid friendly. I don’t eat fast food much, but it’s the only fast food place I’ve gone to where the employees say nice things like “my pleasure” or come to your table and ask you if you’d like a drink refill. Their drive-thru model is also excellent. There are four or five employees that walk up to your car and take your order and payment so your wait time is minimal.

I don’t support Chick-fil-A political views anymore than I support those of Target, but I still patronize them both. Most people are too busy in their lives to get all butthurt about politics. It’s just the minority that are passionately supporting/protesting these businesses (and most of those people are all talk, no action just like Ruby).
It's more than being butthurt. Ruby didn't pull that video off Youtube for no reason. I'm not fan of sexism, racism, homophobia and other types of discrimination and I don't understand why anyone else who don't share their views would eat there regardless of how good the food tastes. I don't think that Chick-fil-A would've survived if they went out with those views today after the Metoo movement, they were lucky coming out early on.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

The Chesapeake bay bridge tunnel is pretty amazing. The bridge–tunnel originally combined 12 miles of trestle, two 1-mile-long tunnels, four artificial islands, four high-level bridges, approximately 2 miles of causeway. There are only about 10 bridge tunnel systems like that world wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

I should be use to their lack of hygiene but personally, I find it disgusting to throw clothes to rinse on the shower floor But at least they found a laundromat.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Finally a vlog I enjoyed watching. I think I'll take my summer vacation in DC this year.
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

Ruby went to the men's room and didn't even figure it out when she saw some guys there....

Return to “8 Passengers”