The Mikesell Family

Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Re: The Mikesell Family

Unread post by Jennthelurker »

Betsy said they have been waking up in the middle of the night screaming since the accident.
They definitely need therapy.
Feel free to correct my mistakes... English isnt my main language :D
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Betsy seems to have more sense that other vloggers we see, so hopefully she will get them all into therapy with a secular licensed psychologist right away. I can't even imagine what it is like to go through something like that.

Are they friends with that other vlog family that was in a plane crash, is it the Shumways?
Hallie Derosa
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Hallie Derosa »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:25 am
lmmomSD wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:10 am They're incredibly wealthy. Betsy is the brains behind those "Beddys" zippered bed sets that every Mormon vlogger pimps out. I guess the idea is cool, but they start at something like $250! For sheets. So they aren't dependent on YT income at all. And it definitely changes people when they are dependent on the vlogs for survival.
And I don't think they went on the trip with the rest. It was the Shamys (??), the Leroys, the Frankes, and Orgills. Hence their idiotic hashtag #shamlefragills
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Ah, the Beddy's family! Does anyone besides Mormon Vloggers buy $250 bedsheets for kids? Being independently wealthy outside YT, definitely explains the differences we see. Have either of them attended college or been employed by another person?

They did go on a pandemic trip.....to Hawaii with the McKnights.
Yeah i dont get the beddys a child cant make a bed?
my 4 year old makes his own bed he dosnt make it perfect but he is learning
lots of youtubers have them kayli buttler bought them for gage and i think for Brailee
most are mormon you tubers from utah
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

YT randomly recommended the footage of their plane crash to me tonight. It was absolutely horrifying. The majority of the video was them foreshadowing the crash harder than a kid writing their first movie script for a school project. If I didn't know it was real, I would have assumed it was an amateur movie. The impact even sounded like a watermelon being smashed with a sledgehammer, like they might use on a soundstage. That noise they implement in horror movies to replicate a sledgehammer to the head, intended to induce a physical recoil from the viewer. It worked.

Before take-off, Gentry provided his last words in case he died, which he was apparently expected to do based on his extensive injuries. He even questioned why they were putting him in the front seat (where he eventually took the brunt of the impact). I don't see how they can't be scarred for life after they recover from this. It might give me nightmares. I don't know how they managed to get this video out; they are stronger than I am.

There are a number of pilots in the comments that are alleging the pilot made some obvious judgement errors. I wonder how the NTSB investigation will pan out for them. I know that other Utah vlogger that survived a crash, did so under some odd conditions. The pilot died, but his estate was sued by a widow. I wonder if the Mikesells will be able to stick to their stance of not blaming their friends for the crash. Lifetime care can be extraordinarily expensive, if needed. Hopefully they don't.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They actually filmed the crash?
Vloggers are so weird! "We're crashing! Take out the camera!"

JD386
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JD386 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:YT randomly recommended the footage of their plane crash to me tonight. It was absolutely horrifying. The majority of the video was them foreshadowing the crash harder than a kid writing their first movie script for a school project. If I didn't know it was real, I would have assumed it was an amateur movie. The impact even sounded like a watermelon being smashed with a sledgehammer, like they might use on a soundstage. That noise they implement in horror movies to replicate a sledgehammer to the head, intended to induce a physical recoil from the viewer. It worked.

Before take-off, Gentry provided his last words in case he died, which he was apparently expected to do based on his extensive injuries. He even questioned why they were putting him in the front seat (where he eventually took the brunt of the impact). I don't see how they can't be scarred for life after they recover from this. It might give me nightmares. I don't know how they managed to get this video out; they are stronger than I am.

There are a number of pilots in the comments that are alleging the pilot made some obvious judgement errors. I wonder how the NTSB investigation will pan out for them. I know that other Utah vlogger that survived a crash, did so under some odd conditions. The pilot died, but his estate was sued by a widow. I wonder if the Mikesells will be able to stick to their stance of not blaming their friends for the crash. Lifetime care can be extraordinarily expensive, if needed. Hopefully they don't.
I am still so amazed by Gentry. He was clearly concerned about this whole thing from the get go. And his concerns were obviously warranted. Their complete worship over their friend, the pilot, is insane. Sure, you didn’t all die. But after reading the pilot comments it definitely sounds like mistakes were made. I hope that in the future Gentry listens to his intuition because it obviously was right. As evidenced by what happened and how he felt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Alyssa got a promise ring from her boyfriend she met 5 months ago in her dating series. These mormons move fast
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hyacinth »

Has anyone watched their most recent vlog? They are building a fancy new house in St George, Utah. I did notice that there was a lot of "snarking" between Gentry and Betsy - given the stress of what has happened and everything that he's still going though, it's probably to be expected though. Do you think that they'll try to sue the pilot?
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:50 pm Alyssa got a promise ring from her boyfriend she met 5 months ago in her dating series. These mormons move fast
I thought promise rings where just what conservative religious parents force their children to wear to remind them they are going to hell if they have sex?
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Hyacinth wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:43 am Has anyone watched their most recent vlog? They are building a fancy new house in St George, Utah. I did notice that there was a lot of "snarking" between Gentry and Betsy - given the stress of what has happened and everything that he's still going though, it's probably to be expected though. Do you think that they'll try to sue the pilot?
I did see that. If Gentry doesn't make a full recovery, they may have to sue their friend at some point. I have no idea how much "crash insurance" covers, if that is even a thing. They appear to be loaded, but they are also spending like crazy on that resort-like build. Betsy's high-end kiddy bedding line could tank at any time in an economy like this. Lifetime care (if needed) can bankrupt even wealthy people, and if they lose their income, a lawsuit might be the only way to afford any nurses/therapists/equipment/treatments needed for the next 50 years.

It was pretty sad to see Gentry left alone in his wheelchair while his family ran around the house to explore. I know people get mad if you don't only say amazingly positive things about an "internet famous" person who has had a hardship.....but, Gentry has always rubbed me the wrong way. I imagine now, he might be harder to deal with, when he is injured/angry/frustrated. It sounds like they don't have any in-home help at this point, but they might want to consider it for the sake of their marriage. Your relationship will be altered after you have to change diapers and sponge bathe your partner. I can't imagine a Mormon man, especially one as prideful as Gentry appears to be, would take too kindly to being so helpless and vulnerable. He might resent Betsy, even if unknowingly/unintentionally.

Thankfully he does seem to be making quite a miraculous recovery so far. I really hope the trend continues and they can just get back to business as usual in 2021.
JD386
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JD386 »

I don’t know. I don’t see them suing the pilot friend. With the way they talked about him they basically credited him to saving their lives. All while being uninformed as to the mistakes that were made that caused the crash. I don’t really see that changing.

Also, does Gentry work? Or do they just live off of Betsy’s company money?

honeybunny921
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by honeybunny921 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
YouTubeIdiots101 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:50 pm Alyssa got a promise ring from her boyfriend she met 5 months ago in her dating series. These mormons move fast
I thought promise rings where just what conservative religious parents force their children to wear to remind them they are going to hell if they have sex?
Nope, a purity ring is for not having sex.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

A promise ring is "engaged to be engaged", lol. A Mormon missionary isn't really supposed to be in a relationship (although they are supposed to get married asap after getting home), so a promise ring lets them be committed kinda sorta.

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:42 pm A promise ring is "engaged to be engaged", lol. A Mormon missionary isn't really supposed to be in a relationship (although they are supposed to get married asap after getting home), so a promise ring lets them be committed kinda sorta.

....so basically it is still a reminder for conservative religious kids not to have sex with anyone, just given by their boyfriend instead of their parents? I wonder if they engrave the ring with "dibs"?

Speaking of finding a mate, did anyone see Boston's dating series?
Wheresthecake
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Wheresthecake »

Alyssas boyfriend just got back from his mission after having covid, so her boyfriends family had a welcome home party of course!
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Wheresthecake wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:54 am Alyssas boyfriend just got back from his mission after having covid, so her boyfriends family had a welcome home party of course!
Was coming here to post this! So irresponsible. You'd think that this family would be more responsible after what they recently experienced, pretty much given a second chance at life after the accident. If it was serious enough for him to get released from his mission, maybe this party during a pandemic could've held off a little while longer..
Giving it a few months until they're engaged
Wheresthecake
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Wheresthecake »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:45 pm
Wheresthecake wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:54 am Alyssas boyfriend just got back from his mission after having covid, so her boyfriends family had a welcome home party of course!
Was coming here to post this! So irresponsible. You'd think that this family would be more responsible after what they recently experienced, pretty much given a second chance at life after the accident. If it was serious enough for him to get released from his mission, maybe this party during a pandemic could've held off a little while longer..
Giving it a few months until they're engaged
I’m giving it a month before we hear “we tested positive” from both of their families. My entire province which has a population of almost 15 million people currently has around the same case count as Utah which has just over 3 million residents. And my province is in lockdown despite having a population that is quadrupled theirs, yet they’re somehow free to host guests and basically do as they please or so it seems from all of these vloggers that live there. You’d think especially after experiencing it first hand that they would take it seriously, especially considering that Dallin apparently has lung issues including asthma and pneumonia in the past, I only know this because I got so snarkily responded to by Becky when I called them out and then my comment was deleted before I could even respond to them. To be frank, he shouldn’t be hugging or kissing anyone until there’s been some isolation and negative results, considering he just went from staying elsewhere to suddenly back home. Irresponsible all around in my opinion, not just them, every person that was there to see him knowing he either still has or just had the virus.

As for engagement, I’d be surprised if it took longer than three months from now for it to happen. They’ll be married before the end of the year no doubt.
nylady
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by nylady »

What does everyone think about the Nashville move?

LuckyCharm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LuckyCharm »

I feel bad for Brock. He didn’t seem to excited. I can’t imagine moving so far away at his age...leaving his gf and friends. But it sounds like they will be back often? So I don’t really get it. I can’t believe that they are keeping the Utah house unless they are really planning on being back a lot.
JD386
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JD386 »

LuckyCharm wrote:I feel bad for Brock. He didn’t seem to excited. I can’t imagine moving so far away at his age...leaving his gf and friends. But it sounds like they will be back often? So I don’t really get it. I can’t believe that they are keeping the Utah house unless they are really planning on being back a lot.
Aren’t they building a house in St George too?

Return to “I-P”