E+J: Treating Our Anxiety With Self Care & Destination Travel | Part 124

Unread post by Toodles123 »

Title Credit : Onbreak

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ellie & Jared| Treating our anxiety with self care, woo & destination travels Part #124

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I went to look for their vlog and I forgot about the new four day work week. I'm surprised they still haven't done a vlog explaining the change since this is not going to help their channel...if they still care?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Ellie & Jared| Treating our anxiety with self care, woo & destination travels Part #124

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

YTIG60 wrote:I went to look for their vlog and I forgot about the new four day work week. I'm surprised they still haven't done a vlog explaining the change since this is not going to help their channel...if they still care?
Other than Jared’s travelling tweet, they didn’t post on social media at all yesterday. This is so rude to the viewers who will be expecting a vlog.

I checked out their engagement on FB, IG and Twitter. and it’s so poor. 9 tweets yesterday in response to no vlog and Jared’s airplane tweet. Just 25 replies on FB on the “single dad” vlog post. With how they are now acting towards viewers, I wonder if they are being passive aggressive because the viewers aren’t supporting them like they used to? I assume a big crisis hasn’t happened that kept them from posting at all yesterday. Their SB estimate is so low now too ($272k is the high end) that it’s possible Bollie actually is bringing in more than YT at the moment. Is it possible that they are phoning it in on their channels because they’ve decided the YT money isn’t substantial enough anymore to be worth the hassle and criticism? They could be actually be bringing in only $140k and after tax and tithing this would leave less than $100k. An extra day off a week may not be such a big deal with lower numbers like these as long as they have Bollie?

It’s just so curious to me because they made good choices in the beginning that allowed their channel to grow, and then their egos kicked in along with the money! They started making poor choices and now they are back at the bottom again.

I follow a YTer named Brandon Farris who was living in his car just 8-9 months ago. After a few viral videos his channel gained momentum, and he now has a social blade estimate of $62k-1 Million! YT is like a windfall, the money and success can come incredibly fast, but this is really only a “head start” and you need to have good business sense and a healthy work ethic in order to maintain it all.

But they have to be letting their channel die. Not having comments has clearly affected the channel. I think this is why Jared has started trying to post more on his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: E+J: Treating Our Anxiety With Self Care & Destination Travel | Part 124

Unread post by angelfire89 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
YTIG60 wrote:I went to look for their vlog and I forgot about the new four day work week. I'm surprised they still haven't done a vlog explaining the change since this is not going to help their channel...if they still care?
Other than Jared’s travelling tweet, they didn’t post on social media at all yesterday. This is so rude to the viewers who will be expecting a vlog.

I checked out their engagement on FB, IG and Twitter. and it’s so poor. 9 tweets yesterday in response to no vlog and Jared’s airplane tweet. Just 25 replies on FB on the “single dad” vlog post. With how they are now acting towards viewers, I wonder if they are being passive aggressive because the viewers aren’t supporting them like they used to? I assume a big crisis hasn’t happened that kept them from posting at all yesterday. Their SB estimate is so low now too ($272k is the high end) that it’s possible Bollie actually is bringing in more than YT at the moment. Is it possible that they are phoning it in on their channels because they’ve decided the YT money isn’t substantial enough anymore to be worth the hassle and criticism? They could be actually be bringing in only $140k and after tax and tithing this would leave less than $100k. An extra day off a week may not be such a big deal with lower numbers like these as long as they have Bollie?

It’s just so curious to me because they made good choices in the beginning that allowed their channel to grow, and then their egos kicked in along with the money! They started making poor choices and now they are back at the bottom again.

I follow a YTer named Brandon Farris who was living in his car just 8-9 months ago. After a few viral videos his channel gained momentum, and he now has a social blade estimate of $62k-1 Million! YT is like a windfall, the money and success can come incredibly fast, but this is really only a “head start” and you need to have good business sense and a healthy work ethic in order to maintain it all.

But they have to be letting their channel die. Not having comments has clearly affected the channel. I think this is why Jared has started trying to post more on his own.

OT I know but I love him! He lived in his car for two years in LA so he could afford to pay for acting/improv classes. Even now he lives in a little one-two bedroom apartment. He also donates all the earnings from every mail opening video (he does them about every week) to a different charity. He seems like a great guy who really appreciates what his viewers bring him.
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Todays drama »

Does anyone know what Jared is up to with his travel trips? I think its time for Jared to get a job, i'm sure they are still making enough from youtube to pay the bills, but the way they are treating viewers and their channel, who knows how much longer they will survive. The content is boring, Ellies doctors visits are repetitive, how many times can we watch them showcasing Bollie robes, or hear them dcreaming how much fun they are having. Its old, they need new, interesting content or they might as well throw in the towel.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

I'm guessing Bollie must be doing very well since none of them are crying to the viewers about the comment section being off or the low viewer counts. Remember when Bonnie cried when she got demonetized? They seem to be happy not to mention spending money like there's no tomorrow. Maybe they have future plans doing something different?
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

Boy what a snoozer! Both of them have been silent on social media-interesting!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+J: Treating Our Anxiety With Self Care & Destination Travel | Part 124

Welcome back everyone! Views the last few days have been poorer than ever.

Today’s vlog is just about them taking a week off to head to FL. Jared, next time it’s better to announce you’re taking a social media break you know, before you’ve taken it? It looks really bad, and subs have been leaving.

Regarding a vlog a few days ago... Ellie is sitting at the table talking to the camera and someone rings the doorbell and Ellie sends Jackson to go answer it. This Tweet a year ago came to mind....

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201905 ... cc2e5a.jpg[/IMG]

Seems pretty irresponsible to send a child to the door when you’ve supposedly had issues with people showing up at your house.

How long until Ellie pushes Jared to only vlog 3 days a week?

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Interesting that Ellie declared they were going on vacation after the doctor. It confirms what has been said in the past, that she uses her “ailments” to guilt Jared into letting her buy stuff. Not that he doesn’t buy things...

I also thought Ellie was pretty exhausting in the vlog on Mother’s Day. Going on about how Tommy wouldn’t kiss her and he better not kiss Jared. And then asking is it Mother’s Day or Father’s Day when Jared was on his scooter. She talked almost the entire vlog. Did we even see Calvin?
chrimsi
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chrimsi »

How long until one video a week?
It will happen...

Sendt fra min HUAWEI VNS-L21 med Tapatalk

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

I love how Ellie says she needs a vacation close to the ocean. Wasn't she just at the ocean with Bonnie like 20 minutes ago? Why is life so hard for them that they can't vlog while away and they have to cut back to 4 days a week? It's like their views are down so they just gave up trying. Maybe it's time to quit and get steady jobs.
Ckc717
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ckc717 »

Their views are terrible these days but they clearly don’t need the YouTube money since they made a stupid bet with a straw wrapper and Ellie is going to buy a $600 ring now because she “won.” I just hope those kids have savings accounts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ckc717 wrote:Their views are terrible these days but they clearly don’t need the YouTube money since they made a stupid bet with a straw wrapper and Ellie is going to buy a $600 ring now because she “won.” I just hope those kids have savings accounts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They have lost a lot of ground since they recorded the stage vlogs though. Ellie’s decision to not vlog Monday’s and to not announce it really hurt them. Now they are delaying their social media so they can act like everything is in “real time” again. It’s a tricky game they are playing, and one they can’t keep up forever. Jared tweeted about getting on a plane on Monday, and they said in the vlog that they were leaving the day after Mother’s Day. Now on IG he’s posting like they just got there and only left yesterday. A few people have questioned it, and their comments are deleted. The audience already feels alienated and disconnected, but Jared is going out of his way to make it worse? I think they have just gotten lazy and ignorant and assume they can always get new subs to replace the ones they’ve lost. Ellie has pushed for this time off, and Jared is powerless. It’s possible she decided on her own they weren’t doing Monday’s anymore and he just read it when everyone else did.

I think Ellie doesn’t worry about the money because she never did. She just assumes it will always roll in. I think Jared doesn’t want to fight with her, so he just goes along with whatever will keep her happy. Sure they have the Bollie money coming in right now and may not need YT as much, but Bonnie might get tired of being the only one doing all the work because if Ellie’s anxiety, illnesses, vacations, etc. She always mentions she’s taking a break.

Plus the three products they have coming out aren’t that great, so I don’t see sales just flying off the shelf. One thing is for sure though, they definitely don’t make $80k a month like they used to!

Sickandtired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sickandtired »

Can we talk about how ridiculous Ellies feet look? 😬 they look like she stomped on a bunch of ompa lompas 😂
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

So will there be vlogs next week? Are they doing like the time when they had some prerecorded stuff while they done the cruise? What I don't understand is why the no vlogs on Monday was not addressed. People not on Instagram have no idea why there aren't Monday vlogs now.

Jared's statement about getting a little nervous even now about not doing every day vlogs was a little telling. I think he realizes that is where they started messing up with their channel but won't stand up to Ellie. This lack of communication on the vlog change has drove a wedge with the viewers IMO. Jared telling viewers on Twitter to go watch a movie trailer-wow! Yesterday's comments to the twitter post-some were like that's all it was and they weren't surprised. They need to wake up!

Hate to tell Ellie but most of us are tired of hearing about your ailments!!! That was the perfect time to explain the cutback on vlogs since doctor's appts were supposed to be part of the reason for the change.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Sickandtired wrote:Can we talk about how ridiculous Ellies feet look? Image they look like she stomped on a bunch of ompa lompas Image
Is she lying on top of him in a hammock for a picture? It doesn't look comfortable.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

The lack of concern attitude with YT will be the final nail in their channel. The inconsistent uploading is the worst thing you can do and viewers are unsubscribing in notable numbers. I'm very surprised Jared has let Ellie talk him into to doing less with their channel, but my opinion is he is burnt-out with Bollie, the cookbook, dealing with Ellie's health issues and trying to put more time into his own channel. In hindsight, Jared might have been better off to have gotten an assistant to help him with a consistent vlog uploading schedule.
I just want to preference this that I don't believe Jared is doing more than any other dad who works forty hours a week, but he may have too many distractions working from home? I don't know what this issue is, but he talks a lot about having too much to do?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

YTIG60 wrote:The lack of concern attitude with YT will be the final nail in their channel. The inconsistent uploading is the worst thing you can do and viewers are unsubscribing in notable numbers. I'm very surprised Jared has let Ellie talk him into to doing less with their channel, but my opinion is he is burnt-out with Bollie, the cookbook, dealing with Ellie's health issues and trying to put more time into his own channel. In hindsight, Jared might have been better off to have gotten an assistant to help him with a consistent vlog uploading schedule.
I just want to preference this that I don't believe Jared is doing more than any other dad who works forty hours a week, but he may have too many distractions working from home? I don't know what this issue is, but he talks a lot about having too much to do?

We know what the distraction is... Ellie! She can’t pull her weight so he has to keep doing more and more. As he picks up get slack though, huge has to cut back on actual work to also appease Ellie. He can’t win.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:53 pm
YTIG60 wrote:The lack of concern attitude with YT will be the final nail in their channel. The inconsistent uploading is the worst thing you can do and viewers are unsubscribing in notable numbers. I'm very surprised Jared has let Ellie talk him into to doing less with their channel, but my opinion is he is burnt-out with Bollie, the cookbook, dealing with Ellie's health issues and trying to put more time into his own channel. In hindsight, Jared might have been better off to have gotten an assistant to help him with a consistent vlog uploading schedule.

We know what the distraction is... Ellie! She can’t pull her weight so he has to keep doing more and more. As he picks up get slack though, huge has to cut back on actual work to also appease Ellie. He can’t win.

I've talked about another channel, Clintus TV, where he appeared overwhelmed in vlogs this past year plus when trying to maintain the daily vlogs and grow his Twitch business. His life has changed with working many many hours live streaming etc. Recently, he stopped daily vlogging and went down to two days a week. He tried to get his wife to edit, but she (at home mom with two kids in school) will not take on this task. This last month they downsize, sold their beautiful home with a positive spin they wanted to live in a specific neighborhood. They are renting to see what they want to buy next, but part of me questions if they are looking at what their future income will be first before the next investment. Lately, there have been more vlogs since their channel went down drastically when he went to two days a week vlogs. My point is, I don't understand when things are not going as well, the other spouse doesn't pitch in and help. Comments were made during some of his stressful Clintus vlogs his wife's vacation is over and she could be doing more or go back to work. In a livestreams the spouse inferred she wanted a newer car and he said I'm already working so many jobs. My other point would be there is some enabling going on too.
*Jared said in a recent vlog he had so much to do and Ellie packed everyone but him for the Florida trip....couldn't she have packed his bag so he could wrap up business stuff to get a little sleep. Jared can't win and unfortunately he doesn't seem to have another plan for income if things continue to go downward with YT. But as some point, I would think Jared would have to give a lecture to her on where they are with their YT business.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Jared needs to speak up and explain to his entitled wife that they should cut back on frivolous spending - himself included. There is no end to the shopping sprees and vacations they do. Her medical bills must be sky high by now with all the specialists she goes to. I really don't know how she and Bonnie will be able to build on that massive property they bought. Bollie can't be that lucrative, can it?

Return to “Ellie and Jared”