Adaline Zook

geewhiz
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Adaline Zook

Unread post by geewhiz »

Does anybody else watch her channel? She is a Christian (Mennonite adjacent, I think) mommy vlogger with three daughters. Her husband is an addict who cheated on her multiple times, but they have recently reconciled and are back together.

I’m not sure what to think. I think she initially handled the separation with a lot of grace, and I appreciate her honesty about it, but she also does things that frustrate me. She constantly endorses Teami weight loss tea and she is not the most well-spoken/written person (her command of the English language can be super frustrating).

I respect anyone who takes their marriage seriously, but her husband really seemed to cause her so much pain. She recently posted a photo of them on a date and he was drinking a beer too, which doesn’t seem like a great idea for somebody very early in their recovery. Anyone else have thoughts or opinions?
caffinatedgossiper
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Re: Adaline Zook

Unread post by caffinatedgossiper »

I started watching her when she only had about 500 subs. I really liked her cleaning videos, and how well she takes care of her daughters. I love her decor style (at the time) but have since moved on. I got really tired of her talking about Keto, blah blah. I wish her luck, if my husband cheated on me as much as she said hers has I would have politely asked him to kick rocks; but that's just me. haha I've tried to watch some of her newest vlogs, but I just find them redundant and boring. Oh well, hopefully they can turn it around. I agree about her husband and being an addict, beer is probably not the best choice right now.
geewhiz
Talker
Talker

Adaline Zook

Unread post by geewhiz »

I stopped watching her for a while because she’s just so boring and unremarkable, but I just watched a recent Q&A video she posted.

She and her husband apparently moved from PA to NC and left their dog behind. I think that’s so shitty and irresponsible. Her husband also looked high as a kite when he came and answered a few questions. I sincerely doubt he’s still sober and I think they probably left PA to escape his reputation. I also noticed she deleted all of the videos about his addiction and affairs. Not that I really blame her for it, but still. She also says she plans to start easing her oldest into homeschooling. Yet another illiterate YT mom homeschooling. Adaline can’t seem to differentiate between “your “ and “you’re,” and thinks “a lot” is one word, so there’s that.

I also follow Adaline’s mom on IG because I find her creepy and fascinating at the same time. I am honestly so intrigued by her parents’ relationship because her mom looks matronly and 70, while her dad looks like he’s in his 40s. I suspect they’re actually much closer in age and she just looks older than she actually is, but it’s a fascinating dynamic nonetheless. Her mom is always pitching DoTerra to cure cancer and shit too, which makes me laugh. Do any of you anti-MLMers know about Rich Dad Poor Dad? Adaline’s dad seems to travel around and plays some role within the company, but it always seemed super sketchy to me and I don’t know much about it. I’m kind of surprised Adaline isn’t trying to pitch YoungLiving or some nonsense herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lissa926
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Lissa926 »

I think her husband looks and acts high in most videos. I hope that is not the case. Also, I don’t understand the move to another state. Her husband only install fences, it’s not like it was a job of a lifetime. Adaline and her girls were so close to her family, I just don’t get it. Maybe rumors or her husbands reputation was getting to them? I think she is a good mom, wife and homemaker from what I see on camera. I hope her husband doesn’t stray again and is staying clean.
geewhiz
Talker
Talker

Unread post by geewhiz »

Lissa926 wrote:I think her husband looks and acts high in most videos. I hope that is not the case. Also, I don’t understand the move to another state. Her husband only install fences, it’s not like it was a job of a lifetime. Adaline and her girls were so close to her family, I just don’t get it. Maybe rumors or her husbands reputation was getting to them? I think she is a good mom, wife and homemaker from what I see on camera. I hope her husband doesn’t stray again and is staying clean.
I definitely agree, he never looks sober and he always seems like he kind of resents Adaline, too. I feel for her, she seems so sad and dejected lately and has been pulling back from social media. She says it has to do with the new YT guidelines for family channels, but I kind of get the impression she is unhappy in general. I really loved her content when she and Corey were separated, I hope she gets her spark back soon. And I definitely have a theory that they moved so he could escape his reputation of addict and adulterer. I think it was probably really hard for him being black and adopted by Mennonites in the middle of nowhere, so maybe the move will help in that sense, but I get the impression he would be miserable regardless of geography.

Amsouthernbell
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Amsouthernbell »

I watch her quite a bit and her girls are behind on the development scale. She seems extremely out of tune lately. I personally think that her husband is running around on her no matter what and moving from Pennsylvania to South Carolina doesn’t change anything.
Lissa926
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Lissa926 »

Wow, googled her husbands name. This was the first thing that popped up. This was back in January but that’s messed up. I really hope he is getting the help he needs.

Pennsylvania State Police at Milton arrested Corey Joseph Zook, 24, after his wife called police because she suspected Zook of substance abuse. She allegedly found a small amount of cocaine in his gym bag. When questioned, police said Zook admitted the cocaine was his and was for his personal use.

Zook is also facing charges of simple assault and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle for allegedly grabbing the hand of a woman at the Bull Run Tap House in Lewisburg on Jan. 5, 2019, causing injury to her thumb. Patrons in the bar did not see the assault but reportedly told police they heard the victim yelling and screaming. Zook was taken outside and the victim was taken out the back door and transported to Evangelical Community Hospital for treatment. At that time, Zook allegedly took the victim’s car keys and left in her car. The car was later located in a small parking lot near the Forest Hill Store in Mifflinburg.
Amsouthernbell
Informer
Informer

The fact that she is going to homeschool is actually getting scary now because her English seems to get worse.....she just said
“Extremingly simple”
geewhiz
Talker
Talker

Adaline Zook

Unread post by geewhiz »

Lissa926 wrote:Wow, googled her husbands name. This was the first thing that popped up. This was back in January but that’s messed up. I really hope he is getting the help he needs.

Pennsylvania State Police at Milton arrested Corey Joseph Zook, 24, after his wife called police because she suspected Zook of substance abuse. She allegedly found a small amount of cocaine in his gym bag. When questioned, police said Zook admitted the cocaine was his and was for his personal use.

Zook is also facing charges of simple assault and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle for allegedly grabbing the hand of a woman at the Bull Run Tap House in Lewisburg on Jan. 5, 2019, causing injury to her thumb. Patrons in the bar did not see the assault but reportedly told police they heard the victim yelling and screaming. Zook was taken outside and the victim was taken out the back door and transported to Evangelical Community Hospital for treatment. At that time, Zook allegedly took the victim’s car keys and left in her car. The car was later located in a small parking lot near the Forest Hill Store in Mifflinburg.
Wow, good find! It looks like those charges are still open in PA too. Major eye roll to Adaline for calling the cops on her husband after finding his coke stash. I totally get not wanting to enable his addiction, but there are better ways to address it aside from involving the police. I don’t have a lot of compassion for white people who needlessly call the police on black people in this day & age. Her husband does seem like a ding dong though.

Amsouthernbell
Informer
Informer

Considering the fact that she is married to him I don’t think that his skin color had anything to do with her decision to call the police. It most likely was not the first time for her to find something in his bag. Eventually you need to draw a line
geewhiz
Talker
Talker

Adaline Zook

Unread post by geewhiz »

Amsouthernbell wrote:Considering the fact that she is married to him I don’t think that his skin color had anything to do with her decision to call the police. It most likely was not the first time for her to find something in his bag. Eventually you need to draw a line
Agree to disagree. I’m not implying that she called the police because she’s racist, I think she’s just naive. My issue is that there was a high likelihood that the police could have escalated the issue based on his race, especially considering that they lived in rural PA. If you look the case up, he applied to the ARD program, which would have gotten him mental help for his addiction, and he was denied by the DA. Getting the law involved isn’t going to rehabilitate anybody.

Amsouthernbell
Informer
Informer

Getting the law involved when there is children involved is sometime the only logical thing people can do. If someone wants to go to rehab there is options and ways.
lurkylaura
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lurkylaura »

Anyone check out her "Married To Addiction | My Story" video that went up this morning? What a doozy of a video.
geewhiz
Talker
Talker

Adaline Zook

Unread post by geewhiz »

I don’t know why, but she has had such a chip on her shoulder since they moved. It honestly seems like she resents her viewers. She chose to exploit her husband’s addiction and infidelity on her channel and gained a lot of subscribers as a result, so I don’t understand why she’s so miffed that people continue to ask her questions about it.

Adaline is a naive ding dong. She refers to Corey as an alcoholic and then posts pictures of him at date night with a beer in his hand. He always looks strung out and indifferent when he is on camera. I seriously doubt he is sober. He seems to have a lot of resentment toward Adaline. I also get the impression that they weren’t necessarily on the same page about having three unplanned pregnancies.

It seems like it’s Adaline’s world and he’s just some pawn to facilitate her Good Christian Wife/YouTube Mama aspirations. She wanted God to be in control of their family planning. She wanted to uproot the entire family to North Carolina. She wanted Corey to have some epic spiritual awakening at this megachurch. She wants to air his dirty laundry all over the internet. It doesn’t really seem like any of this was Corey’s choice. He has probably just learned the right things to say and do to keep her off his back. I’m not excusing his behavior, he is an addict & he cheated on his wife. I’m just saying that he and Adaline don’t seem like a good fit.

I also have a hard time respecting her for airing all of this online so prematurely & seemingly without Corey’s full consent. It’s not her story to tell and Corey said he isn’t ready to publicly discuss it yet. I don’t know why she thinks it’s OK for her to talk about it. It just seems so distasteful and exploitive to me.

Amsouthernbell
Informer
Informer

Boy she is just into selling her Norwex and doterra. I am quickly becoming annoyed
geewhiz
Talker
Talker

Unread post by geewhiz »

So she didn’t post anything about BLM but posts about the Myka Stauffer controversy? Today she posted encouraging her viewers to reconsider posting about BLM just because it’s “trendy?” And then went on to complain about her sunburn from being at the beach all weekend. Now she is sharing only BLM posts that are “positive.” Seriously?! I honestly feel so badly for Corey, having to grow up surrounded by conservative mennonites who basically refuse to even acknowledge that he’s black. She is a tone deaf bigot.

Amsouthernbell
Informer
Informer

I couldn’t agree more. She obviously also doesn’t care about skin cancer
Amsouthernbell
Informer
Informer

Her and Cory are broken up again. She is back in Pennsylvania
lurkylaura
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lurkylaura »

Her life update vlog is terrifying to listen to. Wake up and get some help, Adaline.

Staying married to an addict and putting your children through so much upheaval under the façade that God will somehow make it all better is just sad.
Amsouthernbell
Informer
Informer

lurkylaura wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:00 pm Her life update vlog is terrifying to listen to. Wake up and get some help, Adaline.

Staying married to an addict and putting your children through so much upheaval under the façade that God will somehow make it all better is just sad.
I don’t think that her upbringing in a very conservative Christian community allows for divorce.

I watched her since before the first big break up.she is not very educated and it shows in her speech patterns etc but I am sure she was indoctrinated with “You don’t leave your husband permanently”

Return to “A-H”