minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Joan & John: Buy my crap and pay my Bills | Part #4

Unread post by minmouse »

The thread title is perfect!

Vera's left leg def moves at a weird angle. In the IG post of her crawling it looks and moves strangely. I hope they get her the help she needs. It's really surprising that it took this long for her pedi to pick up on it.
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FlowersTar 68 »

So, she wasn't going to disclose Vera's diagnosis as its Vera's business but on an Instagram post from the 2nd of July she openly talks about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

FlowersTar 68 wrote:So, she wasn't going to disclose Vera's diagnosis as its Vera's business but on an Instagram post from the 2nd of July she openly talks about it.
i saw this and also thought to myself that her “not disclosing” didn’t last long
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

flowerpuppy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:59 pm
FlowersTar 68 wrote:So, she wasn't going to disclose Vera's diagnosis as its Vera's business but on an Instagram post from the 2nd of July she openly talks about it.
i saw this and also thought to myself that her “not disclosing” didn’t last long
She'd already disclosed it, this was July 2nd and the video saying she wasn't going to was posted on YT on July 7th! So, she'd forgotten she'd already disclosed it!
Spoink_12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Spoink_12 »

I honestly don't believe it's hypertonia. That effects almost all the muscles. It's also called Floppy Baby Syndrome because babies don't have the tone to be able to lift their arms or heads.
That being said, I know everything effects people differently.
But I truly think this is 100% John and Joan's fault for not letting her grow up and them always having to hold her.

*Her feet shouldn't turn out like they do in the one picture posted. But I think that's not relevant at all to the no crawling or walking.
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Spoink_12 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:34 pm I honestly don't believe it's hypertonia. That effects almost all the muscles. It's also called Floppy Baby Syndrome because babies don't have the tone to be able to lift their arms or heads.
But I truly think this is 100% John and Joan's fault for not letting her grow up and them always having to hold her.

*Her feet shouldn't turn out like they do in the one picture posted. But I think that's not relevant at all to the no crawling or walking.
I agree with you about it being their fault
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

Spoink_12 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:34 pm I honestly don't believe it's hypertonia. That effects almost all the muscles. It's also called Floppy Baby Syndrome because babies don't have the tone to be able to lift their arms or heads.

To me, it looks like a fairly severe hip rotational issue. Retroversion, turning outward. It usually happens in the womb but it's staggering no one picked up on it until recently. Joan says she noticed around 6 months something was wrong but something THAT severe should have been noticed by a professional much sooner. Keeping her swaddled so long, keeping her in that cramped baby tub lying down so long, baby wraps, baby carriers...these things aren't bad in and of themselves but they kept her in them too long and it seemed they rarely allowed free movement. It may have exacerbated the problem and may be why it was never noticed until she got a bit older and should have been meeting those milestones.
But that's just a theory...
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

FlowersTar 68 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:08 pm So, she wasn't going to disclose Vera's diagnosis as its Vera's business but on an Instagram post from the 2nd of July she openly talks about it.
Oh and let's throw in that she has to work TEN TIMES AS HARD as any other baby on the planet to move.
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Edenberry wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:34 am
FlowersTar 68 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:08 pm So, she wasn't going to disclose Vera's diagnosis as its Vera's business but on an Instagram post from the 2nd of July she openly talks about it.
Oh and let's throw in that she has to work TEN TIMES AS HARD as any other baby on the planet to move.
Of course, that's a given, it's another form of pain Olympics for Joan isn't it? 🤣
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Is Joan trying to say that she feels like cleaning bird poop off Maeve's bench with baby wipes makes her feel like she's changing Maeve's diaper?

Also, why can't she open and put together the Stride and Ride while Vee is awake? She was VERY interested in it, so why not open it then? Does anyone else get the feeling that (and assuming from the comments above that i agree with, i think most of you do) Joan never puts her down or lets her play independently? I mean yes babies need a lot of supervision but Joan can do things like that with Vee present, she realizes that right? I have a feeling that Vee is NEVER allowed to sit or play alone, have time to play in a play pen or "baby gate jail". No wonder this poor kid has mobility issues. She's not allowed to do anything on her own. Hell Joan STILL sleeps in Vera's room and the kid still wears an owlet sock! She was only transitioned into a crib in the past month! Her parent's are stifling her growth!
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:06 pm Is Joan trying to say that she feels like cleaning bird poop off Maeve's bench with baby wipes makes her feel like she's changing Maeve's diaper?

Also, why can't she open and put together the Stride and Ride while Vee is awake? She was VERY interested in it, so why not open it then? Does anyone else get the feeling that (and assuming from the comments above that i agree with, i think most of you do) Joan never puts her down or lets her play independently? I mean yes babies need a lot of supervision but Joan can do things like that with Vee present, she realizes that right? I have a feeling that Vee is NEVER allowed to sit or play alone, have time to play in a play pen or "baby gate jail". No wonder this poor kid has mobility issues. She's not allowed to do anything on her own. Hell Joan STILL sleeps in Vera's room and the kid still wears an owlet sock! She was only transitioned into a crib in the past month! Her parent's are stifling her growth!
Absolutely, totally agree with you on all points. Like I said previously, when my boy was a baby from about a few weeks old I'd put him on the floor so he can kick freely to get his muscles strengthened. I just got on with what I needed to do whilst making sure he was safe obviously.
It's heartbreaking actually to think what she hasn't let Vera do. It's as though she's trying to keep her as a helpless newborn for as long as possible as that is the last connection she has of Maeve. Well she's paying for it now and poor Vera is suffering because of it.
The bunny has appeared from somewhere too... It was Maeve's, now Vera cuddles it now.
1000Words
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 1000Words »

1- veras legs especially her left look deformed. I have to agree that it’s insane that no one noticed this from
The start. 2- JOAN... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET VERA BE A BABY.
You DO NOT NEED TO GO TO ONE SCHEDULED EVENT A DAY!!! Let her be home and explore her own house... play with toys without you hovering... let her be independent.
It makes me insane!!!

Also stop using the foot monitor... btwn the baby sacks, the foot monitor and newborn baby wrap it’s like she’s stunted her growth.

Also I feel So bad for Vera.... Joan’s going to be so busy with a. Newborn soon if she’s doing IVF that she’s going to miss out on some amazing things with Vera. She’s going to be so overwhelmed with 2 babies.

Also. While I’m at it.... why does it feel like Vera is eating all the time?
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Also, on a side note, and I know we shouldn't compare babies but has anyone seen the photos of Prince Louis taken a couple of days ago? He's about 6 or 7 weeks older than Vera but it is like he's about 6 months older.
I know it's not fare to compare but it did come to my mind.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Her lack of mobility is astounding. My boys were scooting all over the house by 5 months old. You have to let your babies go and play on their own for them to learn. She takes helicopter parent to a new extreme. My kids were running across the room at Vera’s age, I understand some babies take longer but I feel Vera would have been an active independent baby if she was allowed to be. Hopefully the physical therapy is eye opening and Joan will let her play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

MommaLindsey2 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:18 pm Her lack of mobility is astounding. My boys were scooting all over the house by 5 months old. You have to let your babies go and play on their own for them to learn. She takes helicopter parent to a new extreme. My kids were running across the room at Vera’s age, I understand some babies take longer but I feel Vera would have been an active independent baby if she was allowed to be. Hopefully the physical therapy is eye opening and Joan will let her play.

Thankfully the PT won't walk on eggshells around Joan and will tell her exactly what Vera needs. I'd love to be a fly on the wall...It's about time someone speaks up.
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

And now she has Vera in the bathtub with the dog.... does she have any idea how nasty that is? I seriously gagged when I saw that picture!
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:18 pm Her lack of mobility is astounding. My boys were scooting all over the house by 5 months old. You have to let your babies go and play on their own for them to learn. She takes helicopter parent to a new extreme. My kids were running across the room at Vera’s age, I understand some babies take longer but I feel Vera would have been an active independent baby if she was allowed to be. Hopefully the physical therapy is eye opening and Joan will let her play.

Same. My son started walking independantly1 week after his first birthday. He too had been moving around by rolling over or dragging himself around since about 5 months. Crawling by about 8 months and walking holding on to furniture soon after.
Joan has absolutely held her back
Spoink_12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Spoink_12 »

My friends son had Cerebral Palsy. It is scaled from 1-5 and he is on 5 now which is the most severe.
Even when he was around a year he was able to walk using a walker and crawl around. (He was only about a 2-3 severity then)

Return to “Ellie and Jared”