8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Locked
User avatar
Toodles123
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
Posts: 512
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:00 am
Has thanked: 3885 times
Been thanked: 424 times

8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by Toodles123 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:31 pm

Title Credit : ba1006

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Tinkerbell22
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 8:57 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 121 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by Tinkerbell22 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:38 pm

She must have dementia. Why else would she allow her 5 yr old to go wandering towards that forest by herself. She could’ve easily have fallen between the rocks and gotten seriously injured or lost in the woods.
I think all she ever feeds her kids is candy and ice cream. She should get a mom of the year award. 😂😂
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 721
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:29 am
Has thanked: 1282 times
Been thanked: 1044 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by freshbalsam » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:24 am

Back to Ruby’s YT success. As much as I think she’s a brain dead moron, it’s hard to knock her down for her success. Her videos still get substantial amount of views daily. Agree with the person who says she knows what content people want and is willing to do whatever to mold it. I think her, Kevin, and the kids all have a mutual understanding that this is how they earn money and can live the life they want if they just appease her for the vlogs. I mean her 2 oldest already have active YT channels, I can only imagine once J and A turn 14 in a few years, they won’t be far behind.
User avatar
PBandJelly
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by PBandJelly » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:13 am

freshbalsam wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:24 am
Back to Ruby’s YT success. As much as I think she’s a brain dead moron, it’s hard to knock her down for her success. Her videos still get substantial amount of views daily. Agree with the person who says she knows what content people want and is willing to do whatever to mold it. I think her, Kevin, and the kids all have a mutual understanding that this is how they earn money and can live the life they want if they just appease her for the vlogs. I mean her 2 oldest already have active YT channels, I can only imagine once J and A turn 14 in a few years, they won’t be far behind.
Agreed... Do we think that Ruby is still editing her vlogs? I'm assuming Ruby sends her footage and storyline to an editor who puts together the vlog and then sends it to Ruby to approve and post it.
Manitowoc123
Talker
Talker
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:59 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 185 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by Manitowoc123 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:16 am

PBandJelly wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:13 am
freshbalsam wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:24 am
Back to Ruby’s YT success. As much as I think she’s a brain dead moron, it’s hard to knock her down for her success. Her videos still get substantial amount of views daily. Agree with the person who says she knows what content people want and is willing to do whatever to mold it. I think her, Kevin, and the kids all have a mutual understanding that this is how they earn money and can live the life they want if they just appease her for the vlogs. I mean her 2 oldest already have active YT channels, I can only imagine once J and A turn 14 in a few years, they won’t be far behind.
Agreed... Do we think that Ruby is still editing her vlogs? I'm assuming Ruby sends her footage and storyline to an editor who puts together the vlog and then sends it to Ruby to approve and post it.

I agree that Ruby is the best YT out of the griffiths. I watch Bonnie recently (I haven’t watched her for months) and her vlog is a sad facsimile of Ruby’s. Ruby knows how to add good music and sound effects to illustrate her point but Bonnie does not.
ba1006
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1576
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 563 times
Been thanked: 5248 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by ba1006 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:38 am

PBandJelly wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:13 am
freshbalsam wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:24 am
Back to Ruby’s YT success. As much as I think she’s a brain dead moron, it’s hard to knock her down for her success. Her videos still get substantial amount of views daily. Agree with the person who says she knows what content people want and is willing to do whatever to mold it. I think her, Kevin, and the kids all have a mutual understanding that this is how they earn money and can live the life they want if they just appease her for the vlogs. I mean her 2 oldest already have active YT channels, I can only imagine once J and A turn 14 in a few years, they won’t be far behind.
Agreed... Do we think that Ruby is still editing her vlogs? I'm assuming Ruby sends her footage and storyline to an editor who puts together the vlog and then sends it to Ruby to approve and post it.
Maybe she does which makes her smarter than most. I get sea sick watching Bonnie vlog.
Milelu89
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:54 am
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by Milelu89 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:37 am

Have you guys seen Shari's instagram story about her being cold because she listened to her mom and did NOT bring a jacket? Oh my god, i can't believe her mom really told them not to bring a jacket. I just don't get it. This woman..
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1025
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:00 am
Has thanked: 1187 times
Been thanked: 1800 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by Tiger27 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:32 am

PBandJelly wrote:
freshbalsam wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:24 am
Back to Ruby’s YT success. As much as I think she’s a brain dead moron, it’s hard to knock her down for her success. Her videos still get substantial amount of views daily. Agree with the person who says she knows what content people want and is willing to do whatever to mold it. I think her, Kevin, and the kids all have a mutual understanding that this is how they earn money and can live the life they want if they just appease her for the vlogs. I mean her 2 oldest already have active YT channels, I can only imagine once J and A turn 14 in a few years, they won’t be far behind.
Agreed... Do we think that Ruby is still editing her vlogs? I'm assuming Ruby sends her footage and storyline to an editor who puts together the vlog and then sends it to Ruby to approve and post it.
I think she stopped editing herself a while ago. The only times she’s working she only refers to it as emails and writing her book. I think editors are behind all those little sound effects, cartoon popups and music. She’s got the money, so I don’t blame her. But she should be honest about it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Milelu89
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:54 am
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by Milelu89 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:35 am

I am actually really surprised they watched the democratic presidential debate together lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ba1006
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1576
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 563 times
Been thanked: 5248 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by ba1006 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:08 am

Milelu89 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:37 am
Have you guys seen Shari's instagram story about her being cold because she listened to her mom and did NOT bring a jacket? Oh my god, i can't believe her mom really told them not to bring a jacket. I just don't get it. This woman..
How about buying a hoodie or jacket somewhere? Isn't that what people do when they forget to bring something?
LilaRose
Informer
Informer
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:32 pm
Has thanked: 1388 times
Been thanked: 742 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by LilaRose » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:22 am

ba1006 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:08 am
Milelu89 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:37 am
Have you guys seen Shari's instagram story about her being cold because she listened to her mom and did NOT bring a jacket? Oh my god, i can't believe her mom really told them not to bring a jacket. I just don't get it. This woman..
How about buying a hoodie or jacket somewhere? Isn't that what people do when they forget to bring something?
But they didn't forget. Shari WANTED to bring a jacket and Ruby didn't allow it. No joke.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 3303
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 10405 times
Been thanked: 3618 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by ForeverGauc01 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:41 pm

LilaRose wrote:
ba1006 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:08 am
Milelu89 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:37 am
Have you guys seen Shari's instagram story about her being cold because she listened to her mom and did NOT bring a jacket? Oh my god, i can't believe her mom really told them not to bring a jacket. I just don't get it. This woman..
How about buying a hoodie or jacket somewhere? Isn't that what people do when they forget to bring something?
But they didn't forget. Shari WANTED to bring a jacket and Ruby didn't allow it. No joke.
I can’t imagine NOT bringing a jacket ANYWHERE on vacation just in case. Ruby is something else.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:09 am
Has thanked: 196 times
Been thanked: 486 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by Gossip_Girl » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:16 pm

ForeverGauc01 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:41 pm
LilaRose wrote:
ba1006 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:08 am


How about buying a hoodie or jacket somewhere? Isn't that what people do when they forget to bring something?
But they didn't forget. Shari WANTED to bring a jacket and Ruby didn't allow it. No joke.
I can’t imagine NOT bringing a jacket ANYWHERE on vacation just in case. Ruby is something else.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn’t see Shari’s Instagram story but this is the time where I find it completely acceptable for Shari to be whining and complaining. If I were her I would have brought it up every five seconds. Although I probably would have said “F you, I’m bringing a jacket”. I do understand that it’s especially hard to tell your mom no even if it’s something as silly as not bringing a jacket. It’s really telling that Shari listened to her mom and did not bring a jacket. It shows how manipulative Ruby is and God only knows what ridiculous consequences she uses to control the kids.
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 20512
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 23099 times
Been thanked: 16434 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by lmmomSD » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:00 pm

Ok, I admit maybe I was wrong about it being disrespectful to film the changing of the guard at Arlington. But "The Ground is Lava at Gettysburg"? No. That IS disrespectful. Period. So many people died there. It's not a place to goof off. And it's not just because it's American. I would be just as sickened if they did that at Omaha Beach, or any of the other WWII or WWI monuments.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ICantEven
Informer
Informer
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:41 pm
Has thanked: 662 times
Been thanked: 874 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by ICantEven » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:17 pm

It's so strange that normally Eve is required to remember her shoes when she goes out, but at 16, Shari is not allowed to bring a jacket. She's old enough to know that she might need it, even if Ruby doesn't need one. It's like these kids have too much autonomy/responsibility in some ways but in others not enough.so so strange
LilaRose
Informer
Informer
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:32 pm
Has thanked: 1388 times
Been thanked: 742 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by LilaRose » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:00 am

Gossip_Girl wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:16 pm
ForeverGauc01 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:41 pm
LilaRose wrote:
But they didn't forget. Shari WANTED to bring a jacket and Ruby didn't allow it. No joke.
I can’t imagine NOT bringing a jacket ANYWHERE on vacation just in case. Ruby is something else.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn’t see Shari’s Instagram story but this is the time where I find it completely acceptable for Shari to be whining and complaining. If I were her I would have brought it up every five seconds. Although I probably would have said “F you, I’m bringing a jacket”. I do understand that it’s especially hard to tell your mom no even if it’s something as silly as not bringing a jacket. It’s really telling that Shari listened to her mom and did not bring a jacket. It shows how manipulative Ruby is and God only knows what ridiculous consequences she uses to control the kids.
She thanked Chad for not listening to Ruby and bringing a jacket (he borrowed her one). I'm actually surprised that Shari listens to such orders. She seems rather strong willed. And yes, I hope she was complaining the whole day :D
User avatar
10PumpsOfVanilla
Talker
Talker
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:39 am
Has thanked: 4748 times
Been thanked: 1592 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by 10PumpsOfVanilla » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:19 am

I have a feeling if Shari was allowed to bring a jacket she would have worn it all day everyday prancing around about how glad she is to have a jacket, even if she wasn't cold. That's just the kind of person she is.

But Ruby knew her limits and she knew she couldn't stand to wash just one extra jacket or sweater in the sink of the hotel. How responsible and humble of her. (Sense the sarcasm...)

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Lolislol26
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 921
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 5:00 pm
Has thanked: 2391 times
Been thanked: 2052 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by Lolislol26 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:24 am

If I was Shari I still would have taken a jacket. Hell I would have taken 5!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kates_crush
Informer
Informer
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:30 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 690 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by kates_crush » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:38 am

so... if ruby does have an editor, she really is literally doing NOTHING all day long, and she still can't keep all her shit together.
is still late for every thing, still forgets things, still doesn't know how to function as a normal mother.
Sara8kiki
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:46 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by Sara8kiki » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:50 am

Did anyone notice at the end of today’s vlog, how defensive ruby was towards her Oreo cookies? She kept saying: “ just one bite, not ALL OF IT”. However, she had like five other cookies in the box. I felt so sad for her little children who wanted to taste more.
Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:09 am
Has thanked: 196 times
Been thanked: 486 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by Gossip_Girl » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:40 am

kates_crush wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:38 am
so... if ruby does have an editor, she really is literally doing NOTHING all day long, and she still can't keep all her shit together.
is still late for every thing, still forgets things, still doesn't know how to function as a normal mother.
I swear she forgets more things than my grandmother who had Alzheimer’s. Apparently it’s extremely difficult to put reminders on your phone. 🤦🏻‍♀️
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
Posts: 14369
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:33 am
Has thanked: 1396 times
Been thanked: 8059 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by HelloSweetie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:49 pm

Sara8kiki wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:50 am
Did anyone notice at the end of today’s vlog, how defensive ruby was towards her Oreo cookies? She kept saying: “ just one bite, not ALL OF IT”. However, she had like five other cookies in the box. I felt so sad for her little children who wanted to taste more.
This disordered eating comes from food control due to calorie restriction and/or budgeting reasons. We've seen Jennifer turn markedly harder towards Jackson when he dared to eat her pretzels before, and Ellie has refused to share her snacks with her children (and Jared) many times. A lot of the Griffith women prefer to stay thin, and do so by prioritizing their snacks over healthy meals. They eat, but eat sparingly. They are hungry, and this is why they act hostile when someone wants to share their (already limited) portion of food. When the kids are older they too will be in control of the food. The disordered pattern will continue....
kates_crush
Informer
Informer
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:30 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 690 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by kates_crush » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:36 pm

ruby's clear favoritism towards abby makes me so sad for julie.
We never hear ruby talk about how cute and smart and wonderful julie is, we never get instagram posts of just julie with captions of love.
whenever ruby posts about julie is always this weird backhanded complement or comes of as her struggling to put together something good to say about her own daughter.
mothers who are meant to be mothers and really want to be mothers adore their children, they love them unconditionally and want to spend time with them, ruby is none of that, she doesn't even know what her children like.
e+j1991
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:15 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by e+j1991 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:17 am

kates_crush wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:36 pm
ruby's clear favoritism towards abby makes me so sad for julie.
We never hear ruby talk about how cute and smart and wonderful julie is, we never get instagram posts of just julie with captions of love.
whenever ruby posts about julie is always this weird backhanded complement or comes of as her struggling to put together something good to say about her own daughter.
mothers who are meant to be mothers and really want to be mothers adore their children, they love them unconditionally and want to spend time with them, ruby is none of that, she doesn't even know what her children like.
agree sometimes i think her grandma loves her more
User avatar
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:38 am
Has thanked: 486 times
Been thanked: 523 times

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by Namm » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:12 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:49 pm
Sara8kiki wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:50 am
Did anyone notice at the end of today’s vlog, how defensive ruby was towards her Oreo cookies? She kept saying: “ just one bite, not ALL OF IT”. However, she had like five other cookies in the box. I felt so sad for her little children who wanted to taste more.
This disordered eating comes from food control due to calorie restriction and/or budgeting reasons. We've seen Jennifer turn markedly harder towards Jackson when he dared to eat her pretzels before, and Ellie has refused to share her snacks with her children (and Jared) many times. A lot of the Griffith women prefer to stay thin, and do so by prioritizing their snacks over healthy meals. They eat, but eat sparingly. They are hungry, and this is why they act hostile when someone wants to share their (already limited) portion of food. When the kids are older they too will be in control of the food. The disordered pattern will continue....
I used to think that their portions were okay and accepted by them but I've notices that when they eat out they all have normal and even bigger portions so they know how F... their portions are and Ruby is passing on her messed up relationship with food to her children.
Locked

Return to “8 Passengers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests