8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Ruby is slipping up, she got a birthday gift Eve actually asked for. Considering she seemed surprised that Eve was only paying attention to that toy, and not books, clothes or an unassembled go-kart, there is probably no hope for her though. I assume the go-karts are a sponsorship, considering Russell got one too. Unfortunately 6 is too young to appreciate several boxes of go-kart parts that need to be assembled. I laughed when Eve knew to expect socks from Ruby.

I feel bad that Eve was talked out of her chosen birthday dinner by Kevin (because he likes waffles better), and Ruby themed the party after something Eve didn't know existed. Who blows out candles on a cake, only to have it sit there uneaten? Even after you do presents, then dinner. It's like they have never been to a birthday party before. At least there were a couple of kids her age there. I wonder if they were neighbors. Also, if you are old enough to need two hands to display your age, you are too old to use your hands to display your age. What is it with the Mormon YouTuber's infantilizing their last child? Julie was practicing the flute and cleaning the house before dawn when she was 6.

Eve's exaggerated facial expressions have always unsettled me. In one of the first day of school videos they are actually coaching her to look down and sad for the photos. In this vlog I also noticed that Grandma Griffs wrote "you will laugh" in reference to the Donkey book, so sure enough, when Eve held up the book, everyone laughed like well trained monkeys. To complete the screwed up parenting passed down through the generations, Ruby tells the kids they can only shoot arrows at people, because she doesn't want her house damaged!
eloise92
Talker
Talker

Unread post by eloise92 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:36 pm Julie was practicing the flute and cleaning the house before dawn when she was 6.

This is one of the things that makes me most sad. Julie is only 4(?) years older than Eve but she has a completely different life. Her clothes are limited and shared with two sisters. She has pretty much no toys and hasn't for years/ ever. She has had serious chores the whole time they've vlogged but then none of the perks of vlogging that Eve has had (I mean I know she goes on the family holidays, goes to private school etc.) she doesn't get to just play much. I know she does her businesses but... Eve is still a 'baby' and Julie has been a 'big kid' since about 5 years old.
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

What a disaster of a family.

Ruby just couldn’t make Eve’s Birthday about Eve and do Russell’s shit the next day or something. Pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sadie51
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by sadie51 »

So, they broke the hoverboard which means "we'll have to return it..."? I don't think you get to return something just because you broke it by misusing it on it's first day.
torilor
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by torilor »

Unsurprisingly both Eve and Russel have managed to break the hover boards. What a strange gift. Also watching Eve out of control on the cart and hover board without a helmet on made me so angry. Aren’t helmets basic child safety requirements??

Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

torilor wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:02 am Unsurprisingly both Eve and Russel have managed to break the hover boards. What a strange gift. Also watching Eve out of control on the cart and hover board without a helmet on made me so angry. Aren’t helmets basic child safety requirements??

They should see the little girl from lindseyletters.com, who had a freak accident falling from a moving golf cart. A lively, vibrant little girl now in a vegetative state. Helmets are used for a reason, to protect your head from an accident. Accidents happen without notice. These people think they are invincible.
florence
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by florence »

The comment about getting the go karts because they can be used by the whole family and not just by Eve really bugged me; it was Eve’s birthday present, so why shouldn’t it be just for Eve?
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Chad's instagram is no longer up. His YT account is still there.
Does this reinforce the theory that he did not want to perform for Ruby anymore?
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Vincere wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:58 am Chad's instagram is no longer up. His YT account is still there.
Does this reinforce the theory that he did not want to perform for Ruby anymore?
Getting rid of the Instagram might just be Ruby's half-a$$ed way of following the advice of disconnecting him from SM. The YT videos still earn money just sitting there. Ruby said he could be there indefinitely; gotta pay that 30k+ bill somehow.

"...Parents receive guidance from Heaven that teachers, coaches, viewers, friends and leaders don’t. Doing the best thing for your child sometimes means taking a stomach punch by everyone around you....." - Ruby

I don't know how I missed this post on Ruby's Instagram. She implies that everyone important in Chad's life besides his parents strongly opposed the the Anasazi decision, including all his teachers/coaches at the Mormon school that "kicked him out" and church leaders. The fact that Anasazi is a program founded and run by Mormons (even though it isn't a "Mormon organization"), I wouldn't think that they opposed the concept, just the decision made for Chad. Was there something so terrible happening at home that they couldn't reveal to anyone outside of their family? Or did they really send him there for no good reason?
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

Ruby mentioned someone gifts their children for their 14 birthday a trip to the ANASAZI camp. REALLY???
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

shortstop wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:19 pm Ruby mentioned someone gifts their children for their 14 birthday a trip to the ANASAZI camp. REALLY???
How about when she asked Russell if he would like to go when he's older? He said he would and that it sounds like it would be fun. Oh boy.
CandleSand
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CandleSand »

Ugh, today's vlog just irritates me. Hiking like/for Chad - yeah, right! I'm sure they did a hike just as long as he does, in the same heat, carrying everything he has to, etc. :roll: At the restaurant, Ruby also had a red mug, hope she didn't have what the kids had - pretty sure it would contain sugar. I doubt she considers having some sugar as dessert though. Then the hoverboard part, ohmigosh, really? Let's just laugh when a six year doesn't know how to work the hoverboard (that's for the family), almost crashes into the grapes, then falls off and breaks it. That's just hilarious. *sarcasm* :x The woman just doesn't have a clue, does she?
Bruh
Sarahmm98
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Sarahmm98 »

eloise92 wrote:
Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:36 pm Julie was practicing the flute and cleaning the house before dawn when she was 6.

This is one of the things that makes me most sad. Julie is only 4(?) years older than Eve but she has a completely different life. Her clothes are limited and shared with two sisters. She has pretty much no toys and hasn't for years/ ever. She has had serious chores the whole time they've vlogged but then none of the perks of vlogging that Eve has had (I mean I know she goes on the family holidays, goes to private school etc.) she doesn't get to just play much. I know she does her businesses but... Eve is still a 'baby' and Julie has been a 'big kid' since about 5 years old.
Julie’s over half way to Mormon child bearing age, Ruby needs to make the girls into a perfect little wives so they can can marry some white men who don’t believe in birth control and will make the girls stay home with the kids every day. They are sick in the head.

Psych17
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Psych17 »

Long time lurker. Kept coming back because the dementia years title was so funny! Where to start?!?! What in the HELL has happened to this family?!?! When I used to watch they all woke up at 5:30am had scripture played their instruments did all their chores and were not allowed phones!! I have no words for the Chad situation so I will leave that.

As a psychiatrist I am sincerely worried for Shari. As obnoxious as she is, her compulsive personality and current eating/exercise habits are a disastrous combination. She’ll be off to camp next. I don’t want to speculate on why Chad is there but I think there are clear signs.

I wanted to agree with the poster who questioned why Eve is infantalized. I hate how they always call her “Evieeeee” and encourage her pouting before saying she needs to stop pouting. It’s funny because when they did a Q&A video, so many assumptions came in that there was “something wrong” with every child in except her. I thought there was something wrong with her! Again, clear signs. She does not seem to be up to par with a 6-year-old. Poor Julie is stuck so much in the middle and how true that she was up cleaning before dawn at “Evie’s” age.

How in the world can you expect a 6-year-old to brush his or her own teeth, pack lunch, get ready, and admonish them for having NINE cavities?!

Someone please tell me what the hell Ruby does all day long. It certainly doesn’t involve a calendar or a planner.
Psych17
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Psych17 »

Sorry for potential double post but I’m absolutely sick over what they did to Nali. You don’t throw someone away because they are old and you have a trip to go on. I hate that Shari refers to her siblings as “the kids.” I’m not understanding when she does any homework lifting for an hour, volleyball for 2, icing and heating her legs for THREE HOURS, stretching for one, getting up at 5:30am, packing 8 pairs of shoes for the day...like where are the hours?? I love Ruby today “No one is feeding them or taking care of them [the Anasazi kids]. Well, not too different than home for poor Chad!!

And finally, I’ve never seen anyone look less like a natural parent than Ruby with her sister’s? Kids. Holding the little girl so awkwardly on her lap not able to figure out how to get her to eat?! I thought I had no mothering instincts but did she not have six children?!
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

ba1006 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:02 pm
shortstop wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:19 pm Ruby mentioned someone gifts their children for their 14 birthday a trip to the ANASAZI camp. REALLY???
How about when she asked Russell if he would like to go when he's older? He said he would and that it sounds like it would be fun. Oh boy.
The woman who gives the Anasazi birthday gifts is actually an employee of Anasazi. I can't imagine anyone else would ever "gift" every child with a trip to a residential treatment program. I love how Ruby is suddenly trying to spin it like it's a fun summer camp or vacation, and poor Russell doesn't know any different.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

CandleSand wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:46 pm Ugh, today's vlog just irritates me. Hiking like/for Chad - yeah, right! I'm sure they did a hike just as long as he does, in the same heat, carrying everything he has to, etc. :roll: At the restaurant, Ruby also had a red mug, hope she didn't have what the kids had - pretty sure it would contain sugar. I doubt she considers having some sugar as dessert though. Then the hoverboard part, ohmigosh, really? Let's just laugh when a six year doesn't know how to work the hoverboard (that's for the family), almost crashes into the grapes, then falls off and breaks it. That's just hilarious. *sarcasm* :x The woman just doesn't have a clue, does she?
I hate people who have Ruby's mentality. Sort of like when one encounter's someone dying of an inoperable brain tumor and they say "I know how you feel, I get headaches". Skipping breakfast and "dessert" (sometimes) is not going to give her a taste of what Chad is going though. I'd have way more respect for her if she fully embraced her privileged lifestyle and dropped the "suffering for my child" act. I wonder if they give the parents tents and proper food when they "walk the trail" or if they have to lay on the dirt next to their kid going hungry because they can't start a fire. I hope its the latter so Ruby can know how awful she truly is.

She filmed her kids stuffing their faces with marshmallows and bringing their breakfast dishes to the sink....and saw them carrying their ginormous water bottles on the trail. Why did she continue to try and convince us that nobody ate breakfast or brought water, "for Chad"? Or why didn't she edit it out the footage when everyone wondered into frame proving her wrong?
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:07 am
Vincere wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:58 am Chad's instagram is no longer up. His YT account is still there.
Getting rid of the Instagram might just be Ruby's half-a$$ed way of following the advice of disconnecting him from SM. The YT videos still earn money just sitting there. Ruby said he could be there indefinitely; gotta pay that 30k+ bill somehow.

"...Parents receive guidance from Heaven that teachers, coaches, viewers, friends and leaders don’t. Doing the best thing for your child sometimes means taking a stomach punch by everyone around you....." - Ruby

I don't know how I missed this post on Ruby's Instagram. She implies that everyone important in Chad's life besides his parents strongly opposed the the Anasazi decision, including all his teachers/coaches at the Mormon school that "kicked him out" and church leaders. The fact that Anasazi is a program founded and run by Mormons (even though it isn't a "Mormon organization"), I wouldn't think that they opposed the concept, just the decision made for Chad. Was there something so terrible happening at home that they couldn't reveal to anyone outside of their family? Or did they really send him there for no good reason?
I actually really think they send him there for no good reason. I don't think he is gay, I don't think he is violent and I really don't think he has a mental illness. Yes he cheated on a test at school, but how many students do that/try to do that? Not good, but really nothing out of the ordinary. When they talk about what they expect from Anasazi, they usually say for Chad to become responsible and grow up. But he's only 14 years old for heaven's sake.
If I had to take a guess why they send him there it would be that they wanted him to apologize to the school and he refused to do that (he talked about that in a vlog). Ruby and Kevin might have seen that as being immature and not making a grown-up decision about his life/future. Ruby is in love with that school and Chad refusing to take the chance to get back in destroyed Ruby's dream and perfect picture of all her godly children in this wonderful mormon school, looking oh so cute in their school uniforms.

On another note: Kevin is still wearing his Anasazi necklase, Ruby isn't. She is trying to not eat dessert (but drinks sweet drinks anyway....) but Chad and the program are obviously not worth it to destroy her look/outfits with a big necklace-thing.
Milelu89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Milelu89 »

According to Kevin’s Instagram post, Chad caught a squirrel and ate it. I always thought squirrels were considered rodents but I don’t know. Also, I am vegetarian so I would never eat one lol

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Psych17 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:04 pm Long time lurker. Kept coming back because the dementia years title was so funny! Where to start?!?! What in the HELL has happened to this family?!?! When I used to watch they all woke up at 5:30am had scripture played their instruments did all their chores and were not allowed phones!! I have no words for the Chad situation so I will leave that.

As a psychiatrist I am sincerely worried for Shari. As obnoxious as she is, her compulsive personality and current eating/exercise habits are a disastrous combination. She’ll be off to camp next. I don’t want to speculate on why Chad is there but I think there are clear signs.

I wanted to agree with the poster who questioned why Eve is infantalized. I hate how they always call her “Evieeeee” and encourage her pouting before saying she needs to stop pouting. It’s funny because when they did a Q&A video, so many assumptions came in that there was “something wrong” with every child in except her. I thought there was something wrong with her! Again, clear signs. She does not seem to be up to par with a 6-year-old. Poor Julie is stuck so much in the middle and how true that she was up cleaning before dawn at “Evie’s” age.

How in the world can you expect a 6-year-old to brush his or her own teeth, pack lunch, get ready, and admonish them for having NINE cavities?!

Someone please tell me what the hell Ruby does all day long. It certainly doesn’t involve a calendar or a planner.
Any chance you can share the "clear signs" Chad is displaying without any diagnosing going on? Actually what you notice with all the kids would be really interesting.

Return to “8 Passengers”