Bonnie Hoellein: Busy As A Bri | Part 55

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Busy As A Bri | Part 55

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

ba1006 wrote:
angelfire89 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:55 am While yes, I agree it’s unfair that the kids don’t have consistently well fitting shoes, clothes etc, they didn’t exactly say the kids are only getting one outfit for the year. They said, because it’s still hot and summery this time of year, but it will be cold and snowy within the next month or two, they’ll do a full load of school shopping then. It’s really not the worst idea, although I would probably get my kid at least two or three outfits and make sure they have proper shoes at all times. It’s surprisingly far less wasteful than they usually seem to be.

Don’t take this a defending, I just tend to play devil’s advocate in my head a lot.
Actually you can't even find summer clothes in the stores now unless they're on clearance so their logic is ridiculous.
That’s what I was thinking. The next seasons stuff is already out. No wonder they’re always behind getting out their Bollie clothes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

Happy+Charlie wrote:
ba1006 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:39 am
angelfire89 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:55 am While yes, I agree it’s unfair that the kids don’t have consistently well fitting shoes, clothes etc, they didn’t exactly say the kids are only getting one outfit for the year. They said, because it’s still hot and summery this time of year, but it will be cold and snowy within the next month or two, they’ll do a full load of school shopping then. It’s really not the worst idea, although I would probably get my kid at least two or three outfits and make sure they have proper shoes at all times. It’s surprisingly far less wasteful than they usually seem to be.

Don’t take this a defending, I just tend to play devil’s advocate in my head a lot.
Actually you can't even find summer clothes in the stores now unless they're on clearance so their logic is ridiculous.
Hopefully, they go sooner, rather than later for fall clothes. As Bonnie knows from being a "fashion designer," the stores are displaying next seasons clothing. If you want fall/winter clothes, now's the time to get them. Stores market at this time for back to school which includes fall/winter.

New school year, fresh start. It was always nice to have new clothes to go back the full week of school, not just the first day for photo ops. There are many outfits you can wear while it is still hot, but will make the transition into colder weather. Like Ruby, Bonnie practices a minimalist lifestyle for everyone but herself.

I don’t think you have to go out and buy a new school wardrobe. My kid is getting 2 new pairs of shoes (school requires indoor/outdoor shoes), socks and underwear, snow suit (Costco has theirs out already) and when it gets colder I will do what Bonnie says and reassess how many wearable pants and long sleeve shirts he has because he hasn’t gone up a size. School ruins clothing so it doesn’t need to be the best of the best, just in good shape, weather appropriate and fits well.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ba1006 wrote:
Not really. Growth spurts can be a bitch.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Kataja wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:41 am
It is kinda sad that the he has no other life, so all he does is focus his energy to make grass green and mow a lawn. I like mowing a lawn too but it seems to be the entire meaning of his life. Like he has no higher goal. It would totally benefit them and their entire family, Joel to have real job and hire somebody to help with the editing if they truly need to have help with it.

On the three month picture I was surprised to see actually some difference because the hair hasn't seen so much different.

Joel, grow some balls. The sucking-up to Bonnie starts to be pretty annoying. It is not even endearing, like when some old couples talk about each other.
His daily routine is a six mile run, editing for one hour and his lawn care. The lawn obsession is something else. Joel should at least start his own channel since I'm over the lawn videos. I agree his hair hasn't changed that much because they filled in a small area with his receding hairline.
It is interesting Bonnie's surgeon in LA didn't tell her to return with "complications" like last time. It is possible he is done with her care by referring her to a local plastic surgeon meaning he isn't going to refill prescriptions after watching her vlogs. I wonder if this local physician did so... What a mess.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Catface2 »

Pills, pills and all the frills.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Do kids have to have a new wardrobe for school? No. But when your family clearly has the means to do so, and your parents spend large amounts, daily, on themselves, AND the kids are really the reason theyre so popular on youtube anyways....then yes, those kids should have a new wardrobe.
If they were a frugal family, or truly didn't have the means to do so then it would be a different story IMO.

Also, like others have mentioned, now is the time to buy fall/winter clothes.

The only reason those kids don't get more new things is because that's what Momma Griffiths did.
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

gopedjane wrote:
Happy+Charlie wrote:
ba1006 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:39 am

Hopefully, they go sooner, rather than later for fall clothes. As Bonnie knows from being a "fashion designer," the stores are displaying next seasons clothing. If you want fall/winter clothes, now's the time to get them. Stores market at this time for back to school which includes fall/winter.

New school year, fresh start. It was always nice to have new clothes to go back the full week of school, not just the first day for photo ops. There are many outfits you can wear while it is still hot, but will make the transition into colder weather. Like Ruby, Bonnie practices a minimalist lifestyle for everyone but herself.

I don’t think you have to go out and buy a new school wardrobe. My kid is getting 2 new pairs of shoes (school requires indoor/outdoor shoes), socks and underwear, snow suit (Costco has theirs out already) and when it gets colder I will do what Bonnie says and reassess how many wearable pants and long sleeve shirts he has because he hasn’t gone up a size. School ruins clothing so it doesn’t need to be the best of the best, just in good shape, weather appropriate and fits well.

Agree, my son got a new pair of shoes but that's it. I asked him if he wanted to pick out some new things but he said "No, I have plenty" lol (and he's right haha)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

131618 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:30 am
gopedjane wrote:
Happy+Charlie wrote:

Agree, my son got a new pair of shoes but that's it. I asked him if he wanted to pick out some new things but he said "No, I have plenty" lol (and he's right haha)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
It definitely wasn't my intent to sound like new wardrobe is purchased for back to school just because. It's a good time to start new with underclothes, and other items needing replaced from previous year. Not sure about anyone else's child, but my kids outgrew their clothes or wore them out prior to next school year, aside from some summer items that were also used for school. The snark on Bonnie and Joel from me is their kids have to wait for next season and even then it will be bare essential of what is needed, all the while, Bonnie is buying many new outfits for herself, regularly. I have yet to see Bonnie in ill-fitting, worn shoes, or clothes torn or too small. We've seen many times the kids wearing clothes too small/torn, and the condition of the shoes Cody and Boston were wearing....sad.
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

Clothes and shoes for the kids do not have to be expensive. All the stores are having Back to School Sales, most stores have coupons for extra savings. If they don't want to buy a lot of clothes thats their business, but my goodness, the kids should not be wearing shoes with holes to the point they feel the cold, wet ground they are walking on or the toes curled under or sticking out the front. Thats just neglectful. And they could have went to Walmart to get Lincoln a new pair of sneakers he could pick out to make him happy. They can't spare $10 bucks?
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Todays drama wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:01 am Clothes and shoes for the kids do not have to be expensive. All the stores are having Back to School Sales, most stores have coupons for extra savings. If they don't want to buy a lot of clothes thats their business, but my goodness, the kids should not be wearing shoes with holes to the point they feel the cold, wet ground they are walking on or the toes curled under or sticking out the front. Thats just neglectful. And they could have went to Walmart to get Lincoln a new pair of sneakers he could pick out to make him happy. They can't spare $10 bucks?
After Bonnie's IG shopping online haul with near one thousand spent on dresses and sandals, I'm not sure what her point is to show how they provide for their children i.e. shoes. Meaning why is she doing this type of vlog. It seems like her control in life with vlogging is doing the opposite of what a logical viewer would say to her since they have the money. I don't know why they haven't seen showing their own purchases has hurt their channel. But you haven't seen them start building a home and this is a mystery why they haven't.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Todays drama wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:01 am Clothes and shoes for the kids do not have to be expensive. All the stores are having Back to School Sales, most stores have coupons for extra savings. If they don't want to buy a lot of clothes thats their business, but my goodness, the kids should not be wearing shoes with holes to the point they feel the cold, wet ground they are walking on or the toes curled under or sticking out the front. Thats just neglectful. And they could have went to Walmart to get Lincoln a new pair of sneakers he could pick out to make him happy. They can't spare $10 bucks?
Exactly. $10 is much less than one makeup or clothing item for Bonnie. It's probably even less than her daily takeout food bill. But I guess that's not the point. We all know they can afford shoes for the kids, but why they choose to deny them that basic necessity is just flabbergasting. I do think whoever mentioned that it may have to do with Bonnie and Joel having to go without during their childhoods was right. Bonnie thinks she had the perfect childhood, so obviously things like not having proper shoes or sharing a winter coat are just a part of being a kid :roll:
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ICantEven wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:36 am
Exactly. $10 is much less than one makeup or clothing item for Bonnie. It's probably even less than her daily takeout food bill. But I guess that's not the point. We all know they can afford shoes for the kids, but why they choose to deny them that basic necessity is just flabbergasting. I do think whoever mentioned that it may have to do with Bonnie and Joel having to go without during their childhoods was right. Bonnie thinks she had the perfect childhood, so obviously things like not having proper shoes or sharing a winter coat are just a part of being a kid :roll:
I swear I remember one of the sisters saying "when youre a parent you can have nice things".
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

I swear I remember one of the sisters saying "when youre a parent you can have nice things".
Ellie once said that she knew her mom loved them by how she would take care of herself, dress nice, and doll herself up.

This while Bonnie and Julie shared a coat.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:59 am
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

Ellie once said that she knew her mom loved them by how she would take care of herself, dress nice, and doll herself up.

Ruby has said that too, when talking about wearing expensive pajamas. Her kids know she loves them because she wears nice pajamas.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:01 am
HelloSweetie wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:59 am
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

Ruby has said that too, when talking about wearing expensive pajamas. Her kids know she loves them because she wears nice pajamas.
So ridiculous that Jennifer's "ways" had such an impact on the girls that they have never even questioned this logic. From an outside perspective, that reasoning sounds absurd! A mother loves her kids by often times giving up having nice stuff for herself in order to make sure everyone is taken care of.

I will admit that my mom had some weird ideas including buying the generic /cheapest stuff for us kids and nice stuff for herself. Partly narcissistic similar to the Griffiths but partly because kids are wasteful and grow and go through stuff really fast. But my sisters and I (about the Griffiths ages but with far less kids lol) realize where Mom's rules went over the line and we would never repeat those in our own families. It's shocking to me that the Griffiths don't question anything. My siblings and I started questioning in high school (I really do wonder if that's what Chad is doing)
Ckc717
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ckc717 »

Joel’s like I’m keeping my hair short because that’s how Bonnie wants it. Joel it’s YOUR hair on your head on your body. How do YOU want your hair? I would not let my husband control if my hair was long or short just because that’s how they like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”