Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: ThisGatheredNest | Part 2

Unread post by Tweedles3 »

luci417 wrote:
brytbratbar wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:45 pm
Ashleigh bothers me so much with this. In one video she mentioned that she had to buy a mattress topper
to make do with because mattresses are too expensive. Yet two seconds later showed a hat that she impulse bought and then before that she had revamped her YouTube space. The hat was very inexpensive but it didn’t even fit her head. A good mattress for her kid to sleep on especially since sleep is so crucial for kids should be a priority.
Yeah it always bothered me but i never thought it crossed into being a bad parent until she said they would have as many kids 'as the lord has for us' when they are just getting by financially. i knew she was batshit crazy in a 'someone call cps' kind of way when she chose to have peter deliver ruby at home with no medical professionals because it was 'more natural'.
Ashleigh seems like a cool person at times, but it’s those odd things that would make me back away, the home birth being the biggest. I don’t know if she’s ever lost a pregnancy, but after experiencing that myself, I would never jeopardize a baby’s life for my own dream birth plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by luci417 »

Tweedles3 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:47 am Ashleigh seems like a cool person at times, but it’s those odd things that would make me back away, the home birth being the biggest. I don’t know if she’s ever lost a pregnancy, but after experiencing that myself, I would never jeopardize a baby’s life for my own dream birth plan.

I'm so sorry you went through that and i totally agree. Honestly I feel more secure in a hospital but I think home birth can be a good option as long as it's done safely. Having a doctor or midwife present is the bare minimum in my eyes and iirc ashleigh only had her husband whose only experience was being with her through past births. That is a crazy risk to take with you and your baby's lives and they're very lucky that everything went ok with no complications.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
haterade
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by haterade »

luci417 wrote:
Tweedles3 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:47 am Ashleigh seems like a cool person at times, but it’s those odd things that would make me back away, the home birth being the biggest. I don’t know if she’s ever lost a pregnancy, but after experiencing that myself, I would never jeopardize a baby’s life for my own dream birth plan.

I'm so sorry you went through that and i totally agree. Honestly I feel more secure in a hospital but I think home birth can be a good option as long as it's done safely. Having a doctor or midwife present is the bare minimum in my eyes and iirc ashleigh only had her husband whose only experience was being with her through past births. That is a crazy risk to take with you and your baby's lives and they're very lucky that everything went ok with no complications.
My assumption is that it was a choice made both for bragging rights and to avoid the price of prenatal health care. If I remember correctly, Ashleigh had mentioned previously that nurse midwives are not allowed to perform home births in North Carolina (where they were living at the time of Ruby's birth). Her options were hospital, birth center, or home birth with someone who isn't licensed or afraid to lose their license to practice medicine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wasteoftime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wasteoftime »

I don't think unassisted birth is ever ok, it's incredibly ignorant, selfish and naive. You can have non intrusive midwives at home for safety, her choice seems financially motivated. Lucy eades is the same, I hope baby 8 has a medical professional. I like Ashley but her voice drives me crazy with the vocal fry. She speaks totally normally and then goes full force with the deep croaky voice then switches again. I have to mute and use subtitles but it ruins my multitasking so I end up switching her off.

If they drove to the new house and back in a day then it can't be too far? Are the parents in SC too?

I saw a lot of other yt and influencer homeschoolers in N/SC were doing conferences but Angela wasn't a speaker on any of them 🤔 I can imagine her being controlling and a nightmare to work with.
Espeon
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Espeon »

Their new house only has four bedrooms, I wonder how they are going to make it work with eight kids.
Espeon
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Espeon »

Their new house only has four bedrooms, I wonder how they are going to make it work with eight kids. It's a big house I'm just curious how they could make more bedrooms with the current floorplan.
Freecali
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Freecali »

Espeon wrote:Their new house only has four bedrooms, I wonder how they are going to make it work with eight kids. It's a big house I'm just curious how they could make more bedrooms with the current floorplan.
With 2 owner suites that probably allows space for at least 3 kids in one of the suites, then a couple kids share each of other rooms? BB8 still with them?

I’m sure we will see over time. Plus there is enough room around the house maybe they eventually add a room? Or enclose another area as a room? They were quite creative with the upstairs in the last house.

FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FlowersTar 68 »

Has anyone found the house? I don't remember her saying it has 4 bedrooms

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Espeon
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Espeon »

Freecali wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:15 am
Espeon wrote:Their new house only has four bedrooms, I wonder how they are going to make it work with eight kids. It's a big house I'm just curious how they could make more bedrooms with the current floorplan.
With 2 owner suites that probably allows space for at least 3 kids in one of the suites, then a couple kids share each of other rooms? BB8 still with them?

I’m sure we will see over time. Plus there is enough room around the house maybe they eventually add a room? Or enclose another area as a room? They were quite creative with the upstairs in the last house.

Yeah there is some kind of an office area they could close off too it just has a lot of windows to be a bedroom. Just curious about what they are going to do. They are very creative that's for sure and they'll make this house look very good once they put their touch on it.
Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Tweedles3 »

Espeon wrote:
Freecali wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:15 am

Yeah there is some kind of an office area they could close off too it just has a lot of windows to be a bedroom. Just curious about what they are going to do. They are very creative that's for sure and they'll make this house look very good once they put their touch on it.
I admit I’m excited for them, I’m looking forward to see what they do to the place. They are really into home improvement, this is definitely something they can work on for years. I think they will add onto the house, they seemed to be more interested in the land and the community when they were looking.

Their last few weeks of vlogs were all over the place, nothing was drawing me in. I did enjoy this last moving one, my eyes welled up. I only watch a few family vlogs, so I don’t have much to go on, but Angie really seemed to appreciate the old house and the memories. I almost felt a little bad they had to stay in the Air BNB, it looked like a small warehouse turned into a living space. The kids couldn’t go out in the rain, and I’m sure the little ones were really confused as to what was happening. Hopefully they were able to get some sleep altogether on the air mattresses, that sounded miserable.

Apm1993
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Apm1993 »

So has someone found the house?

Amsouthernbell
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Amsouthernbell »

Apm1993 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:19 pm So has someone found the house?

I don’t think so. I think they moved close to Georgia if not to the savanna area. Angie can’t live far from a target etc. also the density of plantion style home is high there.
Freecali
Talker
Talker

Amsouthernbell wrote:

I don’t think so. I think they moved close to Georgia if not to the savanna area. Angie can’t live far from a target etc. also the density of plantion style home is high there.
A couple of us have found it. I’m not comfortable putting someone else’s info online so I won’t- but the majority of the info posted thus far is correct.

It’s a beautiful home and property and I’m sure they will do a marvelous job making it their own.

Amsouthernbell
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Amsouthernbell »

Freecali wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:58 am
Amsouthernbell wrote:

A couple of us have found it. I’m not comfortable putting someone else’s info online so I won’t- but the majority of the info posted thus far is correct.

It’s a beautiful home and property and I’m sure they will do a marvelous job making it their own.

Christopher is very easy to find.
cll36
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by cll36 »

Freecali wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:58 am
Amsouthernbell wrote:

Would you be willing to message it or at least enough info for others to find it? I'm desperate to be nosey lol
emlyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by emlyx »

Is it normal to Ben's legs to be that arched?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Tahoe
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tahoe »

Long time lurker, First time Poster here.

I live about 30 mins from their new house. They bought in horse country, so I am sure they will be happy. But they also have a Target 15 mins from them. The town they moved to is super cute and has a lot to do.
HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

The house is gorgeous! I personally think K and S should get the room that’s a copy of the master with the bathroom and the porch.

jac
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jac »

It will be interesting to see who gets what bedroom. It was hard for me to see how the house was laid out on that tour but I think that it seems a lot more functional for them. The bathrooms are amazing and a lot of land.

I think they will want to do at the addition quickly (per Angies style) and will end up building a whole add on apartment with the idea that one day Rosie will live there.

I would be interested in knowing about the development rights on the land, meaning will her parents be able to build their own structure or will they have to attach to the main house.
Freecali
Talker
Talker

jac wrote:It will be interesting to see who gets what bedroom. It was hard for me to see how the house was laid out on that tour but I think that it seems a lot more functional for them. The bathrooms are amazing and a lot of land.

I think they will want to do at the addition quickly (per Angies style) and will end up building a whole add on apartment with the idea that one day Rosie will live there.

I would be interested in knowing about the development rights on the land, meaning will her parents be able to build their own structure or will they have to attach to the main house.
I’m not sure If they had done the research when she first shows the house (with CR and her Dad) but in that video she pointed out there her mom wanted the second house to be and it wasn’t attached.

I’m under the impression her parents May do some sort of pre-fabricated home.

I agree they will try to do the addition sooner rather than later if possible & I would be shocked if it was just a mud room/pantry and not more living/bedroom space.

Return to “Q-Z”