RottieMama
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

ThisGatheredNest | Part 2

Unread post by RottieMama »

THREAD TITLE: tbd

TITLE CREDIT: tbd

Hey everyone! Do you have a thread title? Please comment your suggestions down below, and the one with the most likes, will be selected!

❤️❤️❤️
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: ThisGatheredNest | Part 2

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

Damn I feel like it took forever to get to part 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brbelina
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by brbelina »

ThisGatheredNest: Gotta Catch Them All

LCCS225
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LCCS225 »

Thread title:
Mr. Mom and the Serial Kid Collector
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

LCCS225 wrote:Thread title:
Mr. Mom and the Serial Kid Collector
Omg yes lol

webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Hi new to this thread I have been watching them on and off for a while but why on earth is she shopping and setting up for a new baby if they aren’t even completely through the paperwork process I thought adoption can take a while she sure seems to think she is getting a baby right away!

devilishtenshi
Talker
Talker

Unread post by devilishtenshi »

webbygurl626 wrote:Hi new to this thread I have been watching them on and off for a while but why on earth is she shopping and setting up for a new baby if they aren’t even completely through the paperwork process I thought adoption can take a while she sure seems to think she is getting a baby right away!

She is. They are waiting to be chosen now. Which in theory can happen at any time. I doubt it will be soon though because as discussed previously I don’t view them as ideal picks due to family size from a bio mom

LucyDiamond
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LucyDiamond »

I think it’s a mix of loving shopping and content for her channel. She knows hauls and baby stuff and adoption updates get clicks.
StellaAA
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by StellaAA »

I don’t watch all her videos, so did I miss her announcing that they would 100% be adopting a newborn? I thought she said they were open to different ages, but then she goes on a giant newborn shopping spree before they’re even matched
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by gibberish »

What I remember her saying was a birth mom would pick a family from a "presentation" shown to her. They hired a company to help them put together their presentation/profile. So...going from that, it sounded to me like they are planning for a newborn.
HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

Yeah I think that whole open to anything thing meant race, special needs, location, background, etc. and not age. The baby fever has been very real. No way were they ever going for anything other than an infant.
Elle-Cue-24
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elle-Cue-24 »

StellaAA wrote:I don’t watch all her videos, so did I miss her announcing that they would 100% be adopting a newborn? I thought she said they were open to different ages, but then she goes on a giant newborn shopping spree before they’re even matched

If I remember rightly she said the type of adoption they are doing is only where birth mum voluntarily gives up her child (so not from foster care etc) and that in almost all of these cases it’s within the first few weeks of life but might occasionally be a slightly older baby

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

Adoption is great either way, but I am surprised that after adopting 2 children from less than ideal circumstances they wouldnt want to help another child have a family? without them, Rosie and Noah could potentially still be in foster homes in who knows what circumstances and it just surprises me they wouldn't adopt that way again (even from the U.S) I guess with such a large family they have to do it whichever way they can but it really just seems more about Angie collecting babies then a desire to adopt.
Ljs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ljs »

So the sister podcast didn't work out. Neither did the travelling school RV idea. The book will be a mess, lets face it. Seems the only thing Angie knows how to do is adopt and shop.
HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

Ljs wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:10 pm So the sister podcast didn't work out. Neither did the travelling school RV idea. The book will be a mess, lets face it. Seems the only thing Angie knows how to do is adopt and shop.
Which really sucks because they are in a place financially to give those kids the world. Traveling all around but not living full time in an RV because you have a house to come back to. They could have seen so much and learned so much. They have money for so many extra curriculars. All of their children could be in sports or activities. She’s mentioned a book tour. That would be cool as a kid to tour the country with your family. Even this Uganda idea is a once in a lifetime experience (but who knows if it’ll happen because who knows when the baby will actually be there). Instead their mother is hellbent on having another baby and obsessed with this adoption. She has probably locked herself in her room working on all this paperwork, cried over the home study not being approved fast enough, and then left to shop to make herself feel better meanwhile her kids are all growing up. I’ve said it before but this is the absolute worst time for them to adopt. She’s gone on and on about how packed their calendar is and how busy they are. Ok fine. Do those things. Enjoy your life. You homeschool, work from home, and have a load of money (that’s my dream as a homeschooler to be able to travel with my kids and afford them any activity/hobby they want to try). Adding a baby into this makes zero sense. Angie’s desperation to add another baby to her collection makes no sense. It’s only taking away from everyone else (including CR because we all know he’ll do 99% of the parenting once it’s not a fresh newborn anymore).
literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by literallywhat »

WheresMyCoffee wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:47 am Adoption is great either way, but I am surprised that after adopting 2 children from less than ideal circumstances they wouldnt want to help another child have a family? without them, Rosie and Noah could potentially still be in foster homes in who knows what circumstances and it just surprises me they wouldn't adopt that way again (even from the U.S) I guess with such a large family they have to do it whichever way they can but it really just seems more about Angie collecting babies then a desire to adopt.
My understanding is that they literally can't adopt through the foster system or almost any international adoption. Most countries have strict rules on family size and they are a few children over the limit. They also said one country they were looking at, you had to reside in the country for several months before and after the adoption which isn't possible for them right now. Now I have reservations on whether this is a good time for them to pursue adoption given the twins are still so young and their other children are all still highly dependent on them, but I don't think they really have other options to adopt. As another poster said, most of the adoptions through their agency are for infants so that's why they are preparing for a baby.
wasteoftime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wasteoftime »

literallywhat wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:33 pm As another poster said, most of the adoptions through their agency are for infants so that's why they are preparing for a baby.
Then they didn't need to pick that agency? They're choosing a newborn, not being forced into it.

They have a lot of kids already, kids that are homeschooled and need care and attention all this time. They'll have 7 kids to parent and homeschool soon. If Angie is so busy with her book and travel in the near future that she can't even shop for a new baby then why on earth would it be the right time to bring a new baby into their chaotic lives? Can't spend one afternoon shopping but can bring a new baby into a family of 7 kids? Don't have the time to travel one measly hour to visit her family she loves and her kids will miss so much, but does have the time to have another child? Her priorities are all over the place. She can't even do a short podcast but thinks she has the time to care for a newborn - which is more time-consuming :?
Mom2two
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mom2two »

If this was about helping families, they’d foster to adopt. Angie needs therapy.

literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by literallywhat »

Mom2two wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:48 pm If this was about helping families, they’d foster to adopt. Angie needs therapy.

They literally are not allowed to foster to adopt in their state. The state has limits on the number of children a family can have and still foster.

I agree they shouldn't be adopting at all because they have no business trying to raise another child right now with how much they already have on their plate. But its stupid to say they should do this and should do that when they can't. They can't foster through the state and they can't adopt internationally. It isn't Angela being dramatic in this case They have to use a private agencies and most private adoption agencies handle infant adoption cases.
älskling
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by älskling »

Kinda off topic but after watching Rose's birthday video. Do kids not get birthday cakes anymore? I've noticed a lot of YouTube families give their kids a cupcake with a candle in it. Where's the actual birthday cake?

Return to “Q-Z”