Unread post by Toodles123 »

Title Credit : lex_3859

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Dailyditchingkindergarten | Part #107

Unread post by actuallydear »

i want them to do something interesting.
memyselfandeye22
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by memyselfandeye22 »

According to their school district, school begins on 14th August are the seriously already ditching school two days in.
CurlupandDye
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CurlupandDye »

memyselfandeye22 wrote:According to their school district, school begins on 14th August are the seriously already ditching school two days in.
Hi. I’ve been lurking here for awhile. I started following them because they live in my area, and I thought my daughter would like it (she didn’t), and here I am.

Do they go to a Christian private school? My daughter does, and she doesn’t go back until after Labor Day. Public school here in Murrieta like you said, started yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

If it’s the same school he was going to, they started back August 13th.

jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

So on Missy’s IG last night she posted that they were now in Idaho (on their sponsored AirStream glam road trip). She made a snide comment about seeing kids in cowboy hats and they weren’t in costume. Weren’t they from Idaho? Is this comment a dig at Corbin and Kelsey? Whatever went on with those two couples, the Lannings aren’t holding back anymore.

JVK19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JVK19 »

Bryan said they are in Boise. Where Kelsey and Corbin live. Awkward!!!!

webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

JVK19 wrote:Bryan said they are in Boise. Where Kelsey and Corbin live. Awkward!!!! Image

Oh dear god not more of them Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I sincerely hope they didn’t have the boys skip the first few days of school. Those first few days are essential to learning routines and for making friends.

Just when I thought they came up with something new to do for their boys, of course it’s sponsored.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

I don't think skipping a few days of school at their age is that bad. I have two nieces who are missing the first week of school because they are still at summer camp! I think most people just expect school to start AFTER Labor Day.

I'm not sure when/why they moved all the school starting dates to August! CRAZY!!! It's still after Labor Day where I live. The university I went to doesn't even start fall classes until October!
Hereforthemamadrama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hereforthemamadrama »

It’s not about when some should start bottom line is school starts in August kids shouldn’t miss the first day of school. We start school here in August as well ( south)
TellAll
Informer
Informer

Unread post by TellAll »

rosie_dalia wrote:I don't think skipping a few days of school at their age is that bad. I have two nieces who are missing the first week of school because they are still at summer camp! I think most people just expect school to start AFTER Labor Day.

I'm not sure when/why they moved all the school starting dates to August! CRAZY!!! It's still after Labor Day where I live. The university I went to doesn't even start fall classes until October!
Personally I don’t think it matters when school starts. What matters is being present. It’s essential to express to children how important school is. For many different reasons. I know The Bumps have big dreams for their children but so does EVERY other parent! We all want the best for our children. That doesn’t mean it will happen. The boys have a mind of their own. Missy and Bryan can try to influence the boys to do acting or music and they may like it but it might not be what they want to do long term and that’s okay. Everybody needs an education. Allowing children to skip the first days of school gives the impression that school isn’t important. The school schedule doesn’t matter. Homework(learning) isn’t a priority. F*ck school... lets have fun instead!

It’s just not a good impression to make on children. Learning allows you to grow. Sure, sigh seeing is amazing and can do wonders for children, but they aren’t learning essential things.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

TellAll wrote:
rosie_dalia wrote:I don't think skipping a few days of school at their age is that bad. I have two nieces who are missing the first week of school because they are still at summer camp! I think most people just expect school to start AFTER Labor Day.

Personally I don’t think it matters when school starts. What matters is being present. It’s essential to express to children how important school is. For many different reasons. I know The Bumps have big dreams for their children but so does EVERY other parent! We all want the best for our children. That doesn’t mean it will happen. The boys have a mind of their own. Missy and Bryan can try to influence the boys to do acting or music and they may like it but it might not be what they want to do long term and that’s okay. Everybody needs an education. Allowing children to skip the first days of school gives the impression that school isn’t important. The school schedule doesn’t matter. Homework(learning) isn’t a priority. F*ck school... lets have fun instead!

It’s just not a good impression to make on children. Learning allows you to grow. Sure, sigh seeing is amazing and can do wonders for children, but they aren’t learning essential things.

They have made it obvious that education is an afterthought. It's not important to them, because Ollie is going to be a big Disney star! Riiiiiight. Even when Ollie was little, Missy would say she wasn't going to teach him things because a kid's job is to "play, not sit at a desk and learn". Kids don't have to sit at a desk to learn.
I think it's definitely not ok that they missed the first few days of school. Not that they're missing so much knowledge, but because it's rude, and disruptive to the class to have another kid added after the first few days. And because it sends the message to the boys that school isn't important, and that it's ok to just make your own schedule...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

I really don't think it's a big deal. Some kids are 100% home-schooled and live in vans year-round!

My hippie parents took us out of school for two months for a trip to Mexico when I was seven. I was never behind and was actually in all advanced/accelerated classes, AP classes and T.A.G. (talented and gifted school). I think it depends on the kid. Ollie seems pretty smart. I wouldn't worry about it at all.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

He's smart yes. And homeschooling isn't the same as disrespecting a schedule that you're given. Some folks who homeschool take education very seriously. Others, like Annie from the Bratayley family, act like it's carte blanche to use Google to answer test questions. I don't have problems with homeschool in general, just people who abuse it.
With Ollie it's not about the few says he's going to miss right now. It's about a pattern Bryan and Missy have of not giving a shit about their children's education. When Ollie brought home "homework" last year, Bryan bitched about it on Twitter. I'm.exaggerating, but it seems like the kids missed more days than they attended, and according to Missy, they were late a LOT. They're flippant about it. Ollie still has speech issues, and Finn can't string an intelligible sentence together. But hey! Instead of getting them into a program that might help, let's watch Disney videos, sit by the pool (notice Ollie had swim lessons until he could swim well, but Finn's stopped ages ago and he is still using floaties-- but that's another issue) and take a road trip!
They're selfish. That's the issue.
But agree to disagree. I've said my piece.

curvycarrot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by curvycarrot »

Both boys are going to school right? I feel like they are delaying their start date because the boys are their content. Probably scrambling to figure out what is next for their channel especially with the lows views they have been having.

Main reason why you should never make your children the source of your income. They are not always going to be there. Right now it's elementary school but soon they will become PREteens and not want to be on camera.

Sadly I can see the boys getting homeschool just so they are trapped at home making videos or going to auditions.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Do Carl and Ginger homeschool their children?

TellAll
Informer
Informer

Unread post by TellAll »

Bryan- “You gotta pack babe we’re going on a trip”!
Missy- “I know! In less than like 12 hours? Maybe like 20 hours”?!

THIS is why education is important. Never knew that 20 was less than 12. Thanks for the tip Mithy

honeybear
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by honeybear »

I've always thought it was pathetic that it takes a sponsorship for these youtubers to do something fun with their family. Like they can afford it on their own, but they only do it when they are paid lol

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

CurlupandDye
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CurlupandDye »

lmmomSD wrote:He's smart yes. And homeschooling isn't the same as disrespecting a schedule that you're given. Some folks who homeschool take education very seriously. Others, like Annie from the Bratayley family, act like it's carte blanche to use Google to answer test questions. I don't have problems with homeschool in general, just people who abuse it.
With Ollie it's not about the few says he's going to miss right now. It's about a pattern Bryan and Missy have of not giving a shit about their children's education. When Ollie brought home "homework" last year, Bryan bitched about it on Twitter. I'm.exaggerating, but it seems like the kids missed more days than they attended, and according to Missy, they were late a LOT. They're flippant about it. Ollie still has speech issues, and Finn can't string an intelligible sentence together. But hey! Instead of getting them into a program that might help, let's watch Disney videos, sit by the pool (notice Ollie had swim lessons until he could swim well, but Finn's stopped ages ago and he is still using floaties-- but that's another issue) and take a road trip!
They're selfish. That's the issue.
But agree to disagree. I've said my piece.

My daughter missed so much of her Kindergarten year due to her health, that she struggled that entire year. It took me a year and a half to get her all caught up from missing so much school. And that wasn’t me pulling her out of school to exploit her on You Tube and for sponsorships. I didn’t have a choice. In California, public schools will send a teacher to your house if your child/ren are out sick for a week or more, but private schools don’t because they don’t get funding. So how they are getting away with it? I would think that since teachers are mandated reporters, would they have to report them if they are constantly keeping them home from school for non-medical reasons and they are consistently showing clear signs that it is affecting their education?

I always explain to my daughter how important education is (after high school is up to her). I couldn’t imagine being so blasé about it.

At the very least, they should be working with them at home. They should be asking for the work for the days they miss and completing it at home. Why wouldn’t to want to see your children thrive?

Return to “Daily Bumps”