Bonnie Hoellein: High on Life, Low on Self-Esteem| Part 56

Vlog4money
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: High on Life, Low on Self-Esteem| Part 56

Unread post by Vlog4money »

Here are a few photos I snapped. Ellie and Grandma Griff are the stars of the cookbook. Lots of photos of them together as well as a lot of photos of Grandma Griff cooking with everyone and on her own.

I remember Bonnie complaining there are no photos of her in the book. That isn’t true, but a few are quite unflattering and if I were Bonnie I would be mad that they were included. Bonnie has her faults, but even at her heaviest she looked infinitely better than a couple of the photos in this book.
95802C01-E81D-454F-8EC2-25BA1919B12D.jpeg
13765800-F3A5-456A-A5BA-9FC3906C3070.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Vlog4money wrote:Here are a few photos I snapped. Ellie and Grandma Griff are the stars of the cookbook. Lots of photos of them together as well as a lot of photos of Grandma Griff cooking with everyone and on her own.

I remember Bonnie complaining there are no photos of her in the book. That isn’t true, but a few are quite unflattering and if I were Bonnie I would be mad that they were included. Bonnie has her faults, but even at her heaviest she looked infinitely better than a couple of the photos in this book.
Ugh this is a terrible time for pictures to not be working Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whatsthetea
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Whatsthetea »

Whatsthetea wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:00 am Just Incase anyone was wondering.I checked out the bedding she advertised in most of today’s vlog .
$250 each 😳.20% off with her code.
eek.
Sorry for the multiple posts I’m not sure what happened.If you know how to delete a post and can point me in the right direction please PM me thanks
8-)
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Tiger27 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:23 am
Vlog4money wrote:Here are a few photos I snapped. Ellie and Grandma Griff are the stars of the cookbook. Lots of photos of them together as well as a lot of photos of Grandma Griff cooking with everyone and on her own.

Oh bummer. Will they work in a private message? Basically, it's an unflattering photo of Bonnie and Jennifer followed by one of Ellie and Jennifer and Ruby and Jennifer where they look pretty and petite.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Whatsthetea wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:42 am
Whatsthetea wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:00 am Just Incase anyone was wondering.I checked out the bedding she advertised in most of today’s vlog .
eek.
Sorry for the multiple posts I’m not sure what happened.If you know how to delete a post and can point me in the right direction please PM me thanks
I've deleted the extra one's for you.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Z3phyr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Z3phyr »

Vlog4money wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:19 am Here are a few photos I snapped. Ellie and Grandma Griff are the stars of the cookbook. Lots of photos of them together as well as a lot of photos of Grandma Griff cooking with everyone and on her own.

How horrible is the grammar/syntax in the book? I remember Bonnie and Jennifer were with Jared for hours multiple times attempting to edit the thing and Bonnie/Jared seemed mentally drained. You’d think it would take maybe an afternoon tops to lay that thing out and edit it.
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

eek.
Isn't this the same place that Bonnie was advertising for recently that she had got new sheets for her bed while recovering from the surgery? Cody's needed to be taped up and has been that way for a while while his parents had new ones before him-typical!
kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

Vlog4money wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:26 pm I’m reading the cookbook. Wow! The Griffiths think very highly of themselves if they think others need their simple, sometimes gross family recipes.

There is a disclaimer at the beginning of the book that basically says make these recipes at your own risk and it’s up to you to “determine the nutritional value (if any) as well as the safety of any preparation instructions”. I don’t buy cookbooks so maybe this is standard. Then I got to the roast recipe that says to heat the over to 400°. After 30 min turn it down to 275°and leave for church. Come back 3 hours later and the roast will be done.

Do people leave their oven on and unattended for 3 hours?
Did they write a comedy book and forgot to warn us? Chelsea Handler, look out!

Seriously, I'd understand that comment if the book was catering Mormon viewers, but it's not? Who leaves their oven on on an empty house for any amount of time, let alone 3 hours?
you can call me kath.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I feel bad for Bonnie if the pics in the book of her are all awful. Jennifer and Ellie left B out of the pic selection and even told Bonnie there weren’t many pics good enough to post of her when she asked why she was hardly in it. At this point she had done most of the work. I think Bonnie has lost her mind a has become material af, but I can 100% see how her family has helped to create her insecurities.

Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Z3phyr wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:21 pm
Vlog4money wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:19 am Here are a few photos I snapped. Ellie and Grandma Griff are the stars of the cookbook. Lots of photos of them together as well as a lot of photos of Grandma Griff cooking with everyone and on her own.

How horrible is the grammar/syntax in the book? I remember Bonnie and Jennifer were with Jared for hours multiple times attempting to edit the thing and Bonnie/Jared seemed mentally drained. You’d think it would take maybe an afternoon tops to lay that thing out and edit it.
It’s dreadful! The anecdotes are strange and out of place. Jennifer goes from talking about Dutch oven bread to lye soap and then randomly throws in that her grandp didn’t have a store bought candy bar until he was 17.

The recipes are very simple and something you would find on the side of a box.
E824C2FB-A191-4AB1-ABA8-970311481C58.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:41 pm I feel bad for Bonnie if the pics in the book of her are all awful. Jennifer and Ellie left B out of the pic selection and even told Bonnie there weren’t many pics good enough to post of her when she asked why she was hardly in it. At this point she had done most of the work. I think Bonnie has lost her mind a has become material af, but I can 100% see how her family has helped to create her insecurities.

I feel bad Bonnie's husband doesn't realize she isn't in a good place with Social Media. I find Joel, who edits all their vlogs, is the primary person who has exploited his family. Yesterday's vlog should never have been filmed and uploaded for so many reasons and now parts are showing up on her IG.
I agree she has some insecurities that comes out in vlogs and you can see some of the family who should care about her best interest, do just the opposite. This includes Ellie.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Tiger27 wrote:

Go to the desktop site. You can see them there.
On the tithing thing, I honestly don't think Bonnie is doing it to "teach her kids to be generous". The Griffiths don't have a generous bone in their bodies. They show themselves doing that to look like good, devout Mormons. Meanwhile, they are selfish, vain, materialistic and vapid. And judgy. Yes, I realize that I am being judgy too. But I am not out there showing off what a good religious person I am

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Z3phyr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Z3phyr »

lmmomSD wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:42 pm
Tiger27 wrote:

On the tithing thing, I honestly don't think Bonnie is doing it to "teach her kids to be generous". The Griffiths don't have a generous bone in their bodies. They show themselves doing that to look like good, devout Mormons. Meanwhile, they are selfish, vain, materialistic and vapid. And judgy. Yes, I realize that I am being judgy too. But I am not out there showing off what a good religious person I am

Also, didn’t somebody once post a screenshot of one of the Griffith girls’ monthly budgets and it showed they were tithing to their parents as well? Were they taught that they must support their parents as adults? If so, this is sick on a whole new level. Bonnie’s kids are literally supporting the family now through their own exploitation but they’re also probably being taught that they must support the parents through tithing when they are adults as well?!?

ETA: So when does it end? Do the Griffiths have children so that they’ll ensure they’re taken care of in old age? I’m pretty sure that’s not the reason why Mormons are taught to be fruitful and multiply.
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

lmmomSD wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:42 pm
Tiger27 wrote:

Yes! There is so much I could share from the cookbook. I wish we could have a copy to pass around here. That book explains a lot about why they are the way that they are. The girls went without a lot of things and I think they feel it's normal for parents to have more than their kids. It seems it was out of necessity when they were younger and now it's just out of spite. I didn't have xxx growing up so I don't need to give it to you. Yet they spend money on vacations and church clothes, the things people see.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

sheltiefan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:39 pm
eek.
Isn't this the same place that Bonnie was advertising for recently that she had got new sheets for her bed while recovering from the surgery? Cody's needed to be taped up and has been that way for a while while his parents had new ones before him-typical!
She was probably waiting for them to send her ones for free. Personally, I wouldn't want her to advertise anything for me.
queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

Vlog4money wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:59 pm
Z3phyr wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:21 pm

It’s dreadful! The anecdotes are strange and out of place. Jennifer goes from talking about Dutch oven bread to lye soap and then randomly throws in that her grandp didn’t have a store bought candy bar until he was 17.

The recipes are very simple and something you would find on the side of a box.

E824C2FB-A191-4AB1-ABA8-970311481C58.jpeg
Haven't read the whole cookbook, obviously, but I think the picture above seems fine? They wanted it to be a family cookbook and include their recipes that have been passed down. While I'll agree the mashed potato thing is odd, I think it's nice they did the recipes that have been in their family for a long time and included stories of their family and generations past.
Go on Pinterest, click a recipe, any recipe, and you will find a lady's blog with some weird story that they think ties the recipe to their family. It's common.
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

I have to wonder why Joel is showing Bonnie and basically the whole family being so dysfunctional. His editing shows he just wants to get it done and uploaded. I have to wonder what Joels mom and dad are thinking about it all. It is truly sad to see how money can ruin a once nice, grounded family. I think their only hope is for Joels parents to have a good talk to him and possibly open his eyes to the train wreck that is happening.
Ohnonotme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ohnonotme »

Well Bonnie was so impressed with yesterdays vlog, that she’s put the “best of” in her instagram story. I’d forgotten how much I hated her in it, especially when she talks in what she thinks is her sexy voice. I can only imagine what Joel’s parents think seeing it, as it makes me, a stranger, sick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Joel has been released from the Young Men’s leader. I wonder if it has anything to do with the way he is shown on the vlogs? I know if I was a parent I wouldn’t feel comfortable sending my child into the woods with someone who has such disregard for safety.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

justkidding wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:27 am
Happy+Charlie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:35 am Is it money they gave him? Or his grandparents? Then they tithed twice. Because they tithed when they got the money (or so they say) and then made Boston.
Ruby does the same.

No matter who gave it to him, the church is rolling in the dough! Taking from little children, after their parents already paid their "tax" on the money.
I’m only responding to the discussion here. I didn’t watch the video. I used to make my kids give a portion of any money they received to Jesus (church). That’s how they learn to be generous and care for others who have needs. It’s great for them to see their parents be generous, but it also helps them understand the concept when they have to give out of their own pocket.

Now, I planned their allowance in such a way that they had money to give, money to save, and money to spend. The Griffiths don’t seem to do that. They seem to make the kids put everything in their piggy bank and never get to spend it.

There are plenty other ways to teach children this too, and it mainly comes from them witnessing first hand their parents being generous...helping people that need it, holding a door for someone, recognizing a kid with very little food at lunch and bringing extra for them, purchasing toys and clothes for the needy at Christmas time to donate, carrying a heavy
Load for someone shopping, giving to animal shelter, dropping change into a donation jar, etc. They seem to only give to their Church and then it's only helping their Church, not the larger community.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”