Bonnie Hoellein: High on Life, Low on Self-Esteem| Part 56

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: High on Life, Low on Self-Esteem| Part 56

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Vlog4money wrote:I’m reading the cookbook. Wow! The Griffiths think very highly of themselves if they think others need their simple, sometimes gross family recipes.

There is a disclaimer at the beginning of the book that basically says make these recipes at your own risk and it’s up to you to “determine the nutritional value (if any) as well as the safety of any preparation instructions”. I don’t buy cookbooks so maybe this is standard. Then I got to the roast recipe that says to heat the over to 400°. After 30 min turn it down to 275°and leave for church. Come back 3 hours later and the roast will be done.

Do people leave their oven on and unattended for 3 hours?
Does your SIL use the cook book or did she buy it for laughs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

nicoleann2409 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:51 am Not sure if it’s the same now but I’m from the UK and when the first round of cookbooks went on sale, the shipping to send a $19.99 book to the UK was an extra $19.99 😅 though based on what others are saying, seems I made a good decision not buying it!
UK here too and yes, just checked - still $19.99 for shipping. Crazy.

Today's vlog - they've taped the boys ripped sheets together with duct tape 'for ages' according to Bonnie and video evidence. Plastic surgery for momma and truck 3.0 for dad, while the kids get ripped bed sheets. :-o
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
justmeelinex
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by justmeelinex »

Making Boston paying church with his own money... 😱
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

justmeelinex wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:04 am Making Boston paying church with his own money... 😱
The whole entire clan does it. 😞
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Scar2016 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:01 am
nicoleann2409 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:51 am Not sure if it’s the same now but I’m from the UK and when the first round of cookbooks went on sale, the shipping to send a $19.99 book to the UK was an extra $19.99 😅 though based on what others are saying, seems I made a good decision not buying it!
UK here too and yes, just checked - still $19.99 for shipping. Crazy.

Today's vlog - they've taped the boys ripped sheets together with duct tape 'for ages' according to Bonnie and video evidence. Plastic surgery for momma and truck 3.0 for dad, while the kids get ripped bed sheets. :-o
Ripped bed sheets, holes in their shoes, clothes that are ripped and dirty. Nothing but the best for mom and dad though.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Scar2016 wrote:
Vlog4money wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:26 pm I’m reading the cookbook. Wow! The Griffiths think very highly of themselves if they think others need their simple, sometimes gross family recipes.

There is a disclaimer at the beginning of the book that basically says make these recipes at your own risk and it’s up to you to “determine the nutritional value (if any) as well as the safety of any preparation instructions”. I don’t buy cookbooks so maybe this is standard. Then I got to the roast recipe that says to heat the over to 400°. After 30 min turn it down to 275°and leave for church. Come back 3 hours later and the roast will be done.

Well yes, duh. Everyone leaves their oven's on for three hours while they go to church. In the 1950's!

Which is precisely where:

1) These people still live in psychologically &
2) Where the recipes come from, hence the gamut of unhealthy sugar and fat in them.

It's as though that oh so modern invention called the crock pot/slow cooker etc was never invented.

I'd love to see any firefighters faces called to a house in 2019 where it's occupants said they went off out for several hours leaving the oven on.
Hey-- don't knock it! It's how Ruby got a kitchen remodel! Leave the stove on! Burn some beans. It wasn't even a crock pot. It was the actual stove. The whole point of a crock pot is that it's SAFE to leave unattended. And her little minions even started a GFM for her! She finally came out and said she didn't need a GFM, but only after about a week of people ragging on her about it.
These people are definitely trapped in another age. Funny-- Logan Butler's (Shay Carl's little brother) wife still has her maiden name, and people were actually wondering why in their thread. And I thought of the Griffiths, who in this age still don't give their daughters middle names because "they are going to get married and they can use their maiden name as a middle name then". Image

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by lmmomSD on Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
justmeelinex
Talker
Talker

Unread post by justmeelinex »

shortstop wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:18 am
justmeelinex wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:04 am Making Boston paying church with his own money... 😱
The whole entire clan does it. 😞
Seems so crazy! Especially with children this young. Pushing them into faith and making them pay for it... wow.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

justmeelinex wrote:Making Boston paying church with his own money... Image
Is it money they gave him? Or his grandparents? Then they tithed twice. Because they tithed when they got the money (or so they say) and then made Boston.
Ruby does the same.

petey_patches
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by petey_patches »

Vlog4money wrote:I’m reading the cookbook. Wow! The Griffiths think very highly of themselves if they think others need their simple, sometimes gross family recipes.

Omfg, leave for church! Too far!

Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

lmmomSD wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:35 am
Is it money they gave him? Or his grandparents? Then they tithed twice. Because they tithed when they got the money (or so they say) and then made Boston.
Ruby does the same.

No matter who gave it to him, the church is rolling in the dough! Taking from little children, after their parents already paid their "tax" on the money.
ghostboy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ghostboy »

Catface2 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:54 am
TheOGofOH wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:44 am
Liz_444 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:34 am WTF was that???? Bon Bon was extremely high during this vlog. I could only watch a few min before I had to click out. Do they really think this is what their viewers want to watch???
I turned it off too. She needs help.
me too...she’s ridiculous
So I haven't seen any high Bonnie vlogs and therefore don't have much context. I was fully expecting you guys to be exaggerating.

She's completely off her face. What the actual fuck.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

I wouldn’t be surprised if she was actually drunk. They were kidless and out of town and went to lunch. I’m aware they are LDS...but she acted drunk.
justkidding
Talker
Talker

Unread post by justkidding »

Happy+Charlie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:35 am
Ruby does the same.

No matter who gave it to him, the church is rolling in the dough! Taking from little children, after their parents already paid their "tax" on the money.
I’m only responding to the discussion here. I didn’t watch the video. I used to make my kids give a portion of any money they received to Jesus (church). That’s how they learn to be generous and care for others who have needs. It’s great for them to see their parents be generous, but it also helps them understand the concept when they have to give out of their own pocket.

Now, I planned their allowance in such a way that they had money to give, money to save, and money to spend. The Griffiths don’t seem to do that. They seem to make the kids put everything in their piggy bank and never get to spend it.

Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Vlog4money »

Ducklings4 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:04 am

I’m sure she will. She LOVES them! I actually started watching because of her but it didn’t take me long to realize that they were a special breed of crazy.

I can’t wait to see what she makes for thanksgiving dinner. Will it be “tin foil dinners” for all or will she up her game now that she has the Griffith’s recipe for mashed potatoes...which literally says boil potatoes, “add lots of butter and just enough milk to make them smooth and creamy”. Don’t recipes usually include units of measurement? Isn’t that the whole point of using a recipe? If mashed potatoes aren’t your thing the Griffiths also included instructions for baked potatoes.

I read the book last night. The cookbook is basically narrated by “Mom” with strange family memories surrounding many of the recipes. The kids also contributed a few stories. The whole thing is weird. It is written like something a mom would make and give to her kids for Christmas. Certainly now something to be distributed to the world.

Sorry this is so long, and for derailing the conversation here. I do think this cookbook was the catalyst for Bonnie’s surgeries. The photos of Bonnie vs the rest. Let’s just say they did not include the most flattering photos.
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Vlog4money »

Catface2 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:19 am I wouldn’t be surprised if she was actually drunk. They were kidless and out of town and went to lunch. I’m aware they are LDS...but she acted drunk.
Shay Carl is Mormon and hid his drinking. She was high on something...and I doubt it was just the joy of being away from her kids.
Sickandtired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sickandtired »

Vlog4money wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:50 am
Catface2 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:19 am I wouldn’t be surprised if she was actually drunk. They were kidless and out of town and went to lunch. I’m aware they are LDS...but she acted drunk.
Shay Carl is Mormon and hid his drinking. She was high on something...and I doubt it was just the joy of being away from her kids.
You wouldn’t believe the amount of Utah Mormons that go to Vegas just to gamble and drink. It’s crazy! I remember reading an news article years ago about a rich Utahn and he said “why sit in my house to hide drinking, when I can take my private jet to Vegas on a Saturday and drink and gamble all day and be back for church the next morning?” Many of my high school friends go to Vegas once month just to drink and gamble. So I really wouldn’t surprise me if Bonnie drinks when she goes on those kidless trips.
Ohnonotme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ohnonotme »

justkidding wrote:
Happy+Charlie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:35 am Is it money they gave him? Or his grandparents? Then they tithed twice. Because they tithed when they got the money (or so they say) and then made Boston.
Ruby does the same.

I’m only responding to the discussion here. I didn’t watch the video. I used to make my kids give a portion of any money they received to Jesus (church). That’s how they learn to be generous and care for others who have needs. It’s great for them to see their parents be generous, but it also helps them understand the concept when they have to give out of their own pocket.

Now, I planned their allowance in such a way that they had money to give, money to save, and money to spend. The Griffiths don’t seem to do that. They seem to make the kids put everything in their piggy bank and never get to spend it.

She did exactly what you did. Some for saving, some for Jesus, and some for spending.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

i think Bonnie likes to play up the innocent, helpless wife to Joel. She acted like she was ready for any kind of sex on that beach. It was too much! But The way Joel walked away, called her Bonnie Hoellein, his attitude, I get a feeling he's tired of her BS. Maybe this is Bonnie's way of making sure HER CHANNEL is NOT labeled a kid channel. I don't ever remember Bonnie having a drink, I think she popped a pill or two.
Whatsthetea
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Whatsthetea »

Just Incase anyone was wondering.I checked out the bedding she advertised in most of today’s vlog .
$250 each 😳.20% off with her code.
eek.
8-)
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Vlog4money wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:41 am
Ducklings4 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:04 am

I’m sure she will. She LOVES them! I actually started watching because of her but it didn’t take me long to realize that they were a special breed of crazy.

I can’t wait to see what she makes for thanksgiving dinner. Will it be “tin foil dinners” for all or will she up her game now that she has the Griffith’s recipe for mashed potatoes...which literally says boil potatoes, “add lots of butter and just enough milk to make them smooth and creamy”. Don’t recipes usually include units of measurement? Isn’t that the whole point of using a recipe? If mashed potatoes aren’t your thing the Griffiths also included instructions for baked potatoes.

I read the book last night. The cookbook is basically narrated by “Mom” with strange family memories surrounding many of the recipes. The kids also contributed a few stories. The whole thing is weird. It is written like something a mom would make and give to her kids for Christmas. Certainly now something to be distributed to the world.

Sorry this is so long, and for derailing the conversation here. I do think this cookbook was the catalyst for Bonnie’s surgeries. The photos of Bonnie vs the rest. Let’s just say they did not include the most flattering photos.
Mashed potatoes? Seriously? I guess they ran out of receipes to make a complete book.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”