Cullen and Katie: Selling up then splitting up | Part #23

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Cullen and Katie: Selling up then splitting up | Part #23

Unread post by lmmomSD »

chloe6124 wrote:Are they paying for that gym membership. If so that is something else they need to quit spending money on when your up to your ass in debt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm thinking it's part of the country club, and that's covered by the HOA fees. But you're right, if it's a separate membership that they pay, then they definitely should cut that out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

evil_twin_
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by evil_twin_ »

Did anybody see this?! Gaines was reading out loud, and Cullen was walking on his hands. He made a few passes. [IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202001 ... ed1d22.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

sweetlace
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sweetlace »

I cannot with the fox tattoo still on Gaines’s face. I saw that apparently it was her choice and refused to let them take it off (which whatever.....) but it is ridiculous. Also to mention, I would never let my sister in law do something like that to my child’s face. It is nasty at this point. I’m disgusted.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

sweetlace wrote:I cannot with the fox tattoo still on Gaines’s face. I saw that apparently it was her choice and refused to let them take it off (which whatever.....) but it is ridiculous. Also to mention, I would never let my sister in law do something like that to my child’s face. It is nasty at this point. I’m disgusted.

That says it all: she won't _let_ them take it off. Who's the adult?
It really is getting ridiculous at this point. Maybe it's harmless fun, but the fact that she has them so bowled over that they won't even cross her to take off a temporary tattoo, is pretty bad.
And what is it with Cullen and childish attempts at getting attention?

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Unfortunately many parents today allow their kids to have too much authority and walk all over them. I could have understood leaving it for a few days but I agree at this point it is just plain gross. I guess they just have not washed her face since before Christmas and think that is normal. She is for sure the boss of that house based on her behavior toward her father and brother.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Boymomma123 wrote:Unfortunately many parents today allow their kids to have too much authority and walk all over them. I could have understood leaving it for a few days but I agree at this point it is just plain gross. I guess they just have not washed her face since before Christmas and think that is normal. She is for sure the boss of that house based on her behavior toward her father and brother.

When I taught pre school and kindergarten I used to say to parents “last I looked ‘NO’ was not a four letter word. Use it now and mean it.”

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

lmmomSD wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:20 am
socks123 wrote:I may be in the minority but I can get on board with this content. I would love to see how they screwed up and the bad decisions they made and how they can work their way out of them.
If they're serious about following Dave Ramsey, and changing their habits, I would be interested. I think a lot of people have gotten themselves in trouble with credit cards, and would find it relatable.
I just don't feel sorry for them because they were in a better position than most starting out. And if neither of them has gotten a job, any job, I find it difficult to believe that they are serious about changing. They certainly haven't stopped drinking.

I actually did feel sorry for Cullen when he started crying about their financial situation and how embarrassing it is that they got themselves into this mess. But then I remember them filming themselves plastered making their child a birthday cake. Maybe they're turning over a new leaf, but in the recent past they've just been so damn defensive of their poor behavior, it's hard to take them seriously. I do give them credit for talking openly about a difficult and shameful subject, and I do think the budget talk is more informative and relatable. They haven't gotten into the details yet, so I'll wait and see if they continue to open up.

It is peculiar because they started out in a much better financial situation than most- no student debt, a condo in college, a place at mom and dad's house to live in, help with a down payment, free cars, lessons on financial literacy from Katie's parents, etc. I'm also assuming Katie's parents paid for their wedding in full. It's like, did they need the big fancy diamond engagement ring? Do their kids need to be in expensive pre-school/private kindergarten with two stay-at-home parents? Why can't one of them go back to work? It's so odd. I will be interested to hear how this spiraled out of control, but it seems to be a classic case of wanting what they couldn't afford because they wanted to project the right lifestyle. Hopefully they've learned that it's so much more meaningful to have money in the bank that no one can see, rather than having the right cars in the driveway of your big mansion that you can't afford.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:20 am
socks123 wrote:I may be in the minority but I can get on board with this content. I would love to see how they screwed up and the bad decisions they made and how they can work their way out of them.
If they're serious about following Dave Ramsey, and changing their habits, I would be interested. I think a lot of people have gotten themselves in trouble with credit cards, and would find it relatable.
I just don't feel sorry for them because they were in a better position than most starting out. And if neither of them has gotten a job, any job, I find it difficult to believe that they are serious about changing. They certainly haven't stopped drinking.

I actually did feel sorry for Cullen when he started crying about their financial situation and how embarrassing it is that they got themselves into this mess. But then I remember them filming themselves plastered making their child a birthday cake. Maybe they're turning over a new leaf, but in the recent past they've just been so damn defensive of their poor behavior, it's hard to take them seriously. I do give them credit for talking openly about a difficult and shameful subject, and I do think the budget talk is more informative and relatable. They haven't gotten into the details yet, so I'll wait and see if they continue to open up.

It is peculiar because they started out in a much better financial situation than most- no student debt, a condo in college, a place at mom and dad's house to live in, help with a down payment, free cars, lessons on financial literacy from Katie's parents, etc. I'm also assuming Katie's parents paid for their wedding in full. It's like, did they need the big fancy diamond engagement ring? Do their kids need to be in expensive pre-school/private kindergarten with two stay-at-home parents? Why can't one of them go back to work? It's so odd. I will be interested to hear how this spiraled out of control, but it seems to be a classic case of wanting what they couldn't afford because they wanted to project the right lifestyle. Hopefully they've learned that it's so much more meaningful to have money in the bank that no one can see, rather than having the right cars in the driveway of your big mansion that you can't afford.
Yes! When Cullen said he bought Katie an expensive ring that he couldn’t afford, i was thinking that should have been his first red flag. Did she demand a fancy ring or did he feel like he had to impress her? Either way its not good.

Also, i would love to know how much they are paying to have 2 kids in daycare while they are at home everyday, it cant be cheap.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I am curious as to how expensive their private preschool actually is. I know that school is great for them and don't fault them for investing in their kids education but they are attending a private Christian based school that is probably pretty pricey. I am sure there are other preschools in the area that are great but cheaper.

I am happy that they seem to value education unlike many other yt parents but I think their reasoning for a more expensive preschool is potentially the perceived status that goes along with it. I think having Gaines in gymnastics is also a status symbol for Katie as well.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I wondered how much of the fun envelope went to drugs and alcohol for the both of them. Cullen’s $10 wouldn’t purchase much drugs and alcohol. So where were they budgeting for that? Was it coming from the football envelope? They shouldn’t have been spending much on the games. They stayed in the condo with her parents and got tickets from her parents as well. I can’t imagine Katie allowing Cullen to spend so much of their money on drugs and alcohol just for himself. Lol she inadvertently told on herself.

They went into married life with everything provided for them and a small amount of debt. They’ve gone broke by being the laziest of lazy people. It’s gross. They had everything plus the opportunity to bring in more money without much effort at all. They blew it all without anything besides the big ugly house to show for it. They’ve spent the last 5 years going broke by pretty much living the same boring ass life they lived before but with more ugly ass monogrammed clothes. They don’t do anything interesting. They don’t have any real fun. They haven’t travelled or experienced new things. It’s really pathetic.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Cullen and Katie: Selling up then splitting up | Part #23

Unread post by chloe6124 »

Boymomma123 wrote:I am curious as to how expensive their private preschool actually is. I know that school is great for them and don't fault them for investing in their kids education but they are attending a private Christian based school that is probably pretty pricey. I am sure there are other preschools in the area that are great but cheaper.

I am happy that they seem to value education unlike many other yt parents but I think their reasoning for a more expensive preschool is potentially the perceived status that goes along with it. I think having Gaines in gymnastics is also a status symbol for Katie as well.

If they are struggling that bad with debt kids should not be in activities. Like Dave Ramsey says that is all gone. They also should not be in preschool with two at home parents. At least brooks shouldn’t. There is all kinds of free ways to get your kid socialized with other kids. At brooks age she can teach him at home. If they are serious about getting out of debt you have to cut everything that isn’t a necessity. Like Dave Ramsey says you have to live like a broke college student.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Lovethesnark wrote:I wondered how much of the fun envelope went to drugs and alcohol for the both of them. Cullen’s $10 wouldn’t purchase much drugs and alcohol. So where were they budgeting for that? Was it coming from the football envelope? They shouldn’t have been spending much on the games. They stayed in the condo with her parents and got tickets from her parents as well. I can’t imagine Katie allowing Cullen to spend so much of their money on drugs and alcohol just for himself. Lol she inadvertently told on herself.

They went into married life with everything provided for them and a small amount of debt. They’ve gone broke by being the laziest of lazy people. It’s gross. They had everything plus the opportunity to bring in more money without much effort at all. They blew it all without anything besides the big ugly house to show for it. They’ve spent the last 5 years going broke by pretty much living the same boring ass life they lived before but with more ugly ass monogrammed clothes. They don’t do anything interesting. They don’t have any real fun. They haven’t travelled or experienced new things. It’s really pathetic.

They haven't even taken the free trip to Costa Rica, have they? They've travelled for YT conventions, gone to CA and Utah,and gone to Florida. And that's about it. My family tries to travel more than accumulating things: experiences vs stuff. I guess everyone has their thing, but all those monogrammed outfits are ridiculous
They can't even give them away!

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Despite how they lived before kids on a strict budget I still don't think they ever lived like broke college students. Katie had everything paid for by her parents and was given everything needed to succeed. They both seem to have had pretty privileged lives and now have to learn the hard way to fend for themselves.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:I wondered how much of the fun envelope went to drugs and alcohol for the both of them. Cullen’s $10 wouldn’t purchase much drugs and alcohol. So where were they budgeting for that? Was it coming from the football envelope? They shouldn’t have been spending much on the games. They stayed in the condo with her parents and got tickets from her parents as well. I can’t imagine Katie allowing Cullen to spend so much of their money on drugs and alcohol just for himself. Lol she inadvertently told on herself.

They haven't even taken the free trip to Costa Rica, have they? They've travelled for YT conventions, gone to CA and Utah,and gone to Florida. And that's about it. My family tries to travel more than accumulating things: experiences vs stuff. I guess everyone has their thing, but all those monogrammed outfits are ridiculous
They can't even give them away!

You can’t forget the trip to Kansas City. 🤢
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Boymomma123 wrote:Despite how they lived before kids on a strict budget I still don't think they ever lived like broke college students. Katie had everything paid for by her parents and was given everything needed to succeed. They both seem to have had pretty privileged lives and now have to learn the hard way to fend for themselves.

No. They never lived that life. Cullen had a job making 30K a year and Katie’s internship was paid 18K while she in school. 48K a year provides a comfortable life in the south especially when you only have rent, utilities, and 7K in debt.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

socks123 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:45 am I may be in the minority but I can get on board with this content. I would love to see how they screwed up and the bad decisions they made and how they can work their way out of them.
I agree, this is the kindve content I want to see. I dont want to see "BABY SCARES PARENTS!" or click bait pregnancy titles. I appreciate when people actually share their debt journeys WHILE ON IT and not afterwards when everything is perfect again. I get it can be embarrassing and hard to share, but again, thats the content I want to see not everything being pinterest perfect.
GigglyMint
Talker
Talker

Unread post by GigglyMint »

Boymomma123 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:19 am I am curious as to how expensive their private preschool actually is. I know that school is great for them and don't fault them for investing in their kids education but they are attending a private Christian based school that is probably pretty pricey. I am sure there are other preschools in the area that are great but cheaper.

There aren’t other options. Church preschool is pretty much your only option in their area. For what they’re doing in my area (not far from them) would cost roughly $500 a month at our local churches.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I’m pretty sure they pay $700+ just for Gaines program.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

They could teach Gaines at home until they are back on their feet. Yes it’s important to take education seriously, but it’s also important to not leave your child homeless and in a house of stress and chaos. Kids will find a way to make it THEIR FAULT. $500 a month is something they just cannot afford right now. They need to face that reality. So many struggling families would love to be able to send their children to private preschools for the best education possible, but not everyone can do that. Entitlement is why Katie and Cullen make a lot of the decisions that have gotten them where they are. Their kids DESERVE the best. Life doesn’t work like that.

I did find it ironic that Katie talked about their need to save money while wearing her new monogrammed sweatshirt.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I think I found the school they attend and if their tuition prices online are per month they pay around 1000 a month for both kids. That is crazy money for their area considering the cost of living seems relatively low compared to other parts of the country. There are private preschools I looked into in my area that are a fraction of that. I find it hard to believe there are not other options in the area. Essentially Brooks is really just in a daycare program for a few hours a day. Most kids in my area with stay at home parents don't start preschool until age 4 and even then it is just play based. Maybe her parents are paying for pre k for the kids.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”