Sent from my LM-X210 using Tapatalk

woahnow
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Selling up then splitting up | Part #23

Unread post by woahnow »

When did they take him out of gymnastics!? I could have sworn I saw him on Cullens insta stories not long ago. But I could be wrong

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

woahnow wrote:When did they take him out of gymnastics!? I could have sworn I saw him on Cullens insta stories not long ago. But I could be wrong

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I don’t recall them saying that they did pull him out. I just assumed that he’s three and is in a different class and age bracket than Gaines and maybe goes different days. I can’t picture Cullen not encouraging him to do such things being that Cullen himself was a cheerleader and did diving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Katie pulled him out last summer or fall, she claimed it was too hard to take them both because it was two different days and different times. She also mentioned he was "wild" and made it sound like he did not behave in class and it was stressful for her. It was quite some time ago I can try and find the vlog.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Boymomma123 wrote:Katie pulled him out last summer or fall, she claimed it was too hard to take them both because it was two different days and different times. She also mentioned he was "wild" and made it sound like he did not behave in class and it was stressful for her. It was quite some time ago I can try and find the vlog.

Yeah, because it can be soooo hard having kids in activities on different days when you are a stay at home parent with nothing going on.

PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Boymomma123 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:39 pm Katie pulled him out last summer or fall, she claimed it was too hard to take them both because it was two different days and different times. She also mentioned he was "wild" and made it sound like he did not behave in class and it was stressful for her. It was quite some time ago I can try and find the vlog.

Oh so in other words 1. they're lazy and can't be bothered 2. Brooks was a typical 2-year-old and again she couldn't be bothered.
Gladys Kravitz I
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Gladys Kravitz I »

And 3. Gaines outranked Brooks once again :|
Lisbeth3
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lisbeth3 »

Gladys Kravitz I wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:53 pm And 3. Gaines outranked Brooks once again :|
She always does! The strange thing is that they still have not clocked on to Gaines not being athletically gifted, especially because she is nervous. The poor kid seems to have zero coordination in gymnastics. They should focus on her academics more since she loves to learn. Brooks takes after Cullen in that regard, he picks up sports very quickly.
The ice skating was a prime example. By the end of their session Brooks was balanced and upright while Gaines could barely keep herself from falling on the ice. I always thought that Cullen should get serious about getting back in shape and start coaching kids. He is still a pretty good diver and gymnast.
PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Lisbeth3 wrote:
Gladys Kravitz I wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:53 pm And 3. Gaines outranked Brooks once again :|
She always does! The strange thing is that they still have not clocked on to Gaines not being athletically gifted, especially because she is nervous. The poor kid seems to have zero coordination in gymnastics. They should focus on her academics more since she loves to learn. Brooks takes after Cullen in that regard, he picks up sports very quickly.
The ice skating was a prime example. By the end of their session Brooks was balanced and upright while Gaines could barely keep herself from falling on the ice. I always thought that Cullen should get serious about getting back in shape and start coaching kids. He is still a pretty good diver and gymnast.
Nobody was gliding with Gaines on the ice like Corey was gliding with Brooks. It’s much harder to learn to skate when someone is just walking along side you holding your arm. There is nothing wrong with Gaines learning gymnastics and tumbling at her age. It’s good exercise for her whether she is coordinated or not. Not every child is the next Mary Lou Retton. I would definitely let her play soccer being she is interested in it. It will teach her teamwork and to share two things she could use some work in. Yes she is good at academics and seems to enjoy learning but children need exercise as well and learning a sport whether they’re good at it or not is not a bad thing. She is only five after all and has really shot up in the past 6 months which will make her more clumsy then normal. I know all about that I’ve given birth to five children who grow like weeds. My oldest is only 13 and he is 6’0 already and his 12 year old brother is 5’9. What can I tell you? We grow them big, lol.

justkidding
Talker
Talker

Unread post by justkidding »

I actually watched this video and enjoyed it. I loved how each of the kids got one-on-one help. I thought Gaines was doing pretty good by the end. Regarding Gaines dropping gymnastics and focusing on school because that’s what she’s good at, she won’t ever be confident in sports unless she sticks with it. I agree that gymnastics would be good for Brooks. Did he enjoy it, maybe he was asking to take a martial art class? I don’t agree with most things YouTubers do, especially when it comes to monstrosity house purchases but I don’t see anything wrong with teaching a child to stick with a sport even if they aren’t a natural.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Her latest livestream she talked a little about how before she made changes the kids were late to school pretty much every single day. I just don't understand how you can be that disorganized? I don't have a spouse with substance abuse issues so maybe that made getting the kids out the door difficult? I know getting kids ready can sometimes be rough but everyday, and it took her years to figure out that they had to be ready by a certain time to make it to school on time. She also said how before she made these changes there was a lot of yelling and rushing the kids in the morning, if those kids have any issues it is a reflection of their home life. I mean am I the only one who thinks being late everyday is crazy?

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Boymomma123 wrote:Her latest livestream she talked a little about how before she made changes the kids were late to school pretty much every single day. I just don't understand how you can be that disorganized? I don't have a spouse with substance abuse issues so maybe that made getting the kids out the door difficult? I know getting kids ready can sometimes be rough but everyday, and it took her years to figure out that they had to be ready by a certain time to make it to school on time. She also said how before she made these changes there was a lot of yelling and rushing the kids in the morning, if those kids have any issues it is a reflection of their home life. I mean am I the only one who thinks being late everyday is crazy?

As a perpetually and almost obsessively early person, no you’re not. I plan everything in my life with at least 10-15 extra minutes. Takes me no more than 10-12 minutes to get to work but I leave 20-30 before I’m supposed to be there. I set my alarm for 2.5 hrs before I have to be somewhere if I know I’m gonna do my makeup etc, because I know that takes about an hour plus snooze a few times plus getting dressed/drivetime, whatever.

Will never understand people who are constantly late to everything. It’s just not that hard to be on time (obviously with the exception of certain circumstances like car trouble, emergencies etc.)
Lisbeth3
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lisbeth3 »

PirateWench8 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:01 am
Lisbeth3 wrote:
Nobody was gliding with Gaines on the ice like Corey was gliding with Brooks. It’s much harder to learn to skate when someone is just walking along side you holding your arm. There is nothing wrong with Gaines learning gymnastics and tumbling at her age. It’s good exercise for her whether she is coordinated or not. Not every child is the next Mary Lou Retton. I would definitely let her play soccer being she is interested in it. It will teach her teamwork and to share two things she could use some work in. Yes she is good at academics and seems to enjoy learning but children need exercise as well and learning a sport whether they’re good at it or not is not a bad thing. She is only five after all and has really shot up in the past 6 months which will make her more clumsy then normal. I know all about that I’ve given birth to five children who grow like weeds. My oldest is only 13 and he is 6’0 already and his 12 year old brother is 5’9. What can I tell you? We grow them big, lol.

I should have clarified my point, kids definitely need exercise/physical activities. My son is a year round swimmer and tennis player. I meant that gymnastics seems like a waste of time for Gaines so a less technical activity (like soccer) probably would suit her better. After all she is a decent swimmer. I actually took dance for 10+ years growing up starting at age 3. I always played sports and rode for a bit so I am 100% on the sporting activity train. I was around Gaines' age when I first went ice skating and I was able to get around the rink without help my first session. Within a year I could do some spins and skate in arabesque. When you have that type of foundation skating is a lot easier because you understand core balance. For a three year old skating around for the first time Brooks did really well. He will be flying around on his own in no time. I was surprised that they didn't have the support penguins out on the ice. Sounds like you have your hands full with your boys, but I am sure they are fun::)).
PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Lisbeth3 wrote:
PirateWench8 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:01 am
Lisbeth3 wrote: She always does! The strange thing is that they still have not clocked on to Gaines not being athletically gifted, especially because she is nervous. The poor kid seems to have zero coordination in gymnastics. They should focus on her academics more since she loves to learn. Brooks takes after Cullen in that regard, he picks up sports very quickly.

I should have clarified my point, kids definitely need exercise/physical activities. My son is a year round swimmer and tennis player. I meant that gymnastics seems like a waste of time for Gaines so a less technical activity (like soccer) probably would suit her better. After all she is a decent swimmer. I actually took dance for 10+ years growing up starting at age 3. I always played sports and rode for a bit so I am 100% on the sporting activity train. I was around Gaines' age when I first went ice skating and I was able to get around the rink without help my first session. Within a year I could do some spins and skate in arabesque. When you have that type of foundation skating is a lot easier because you understand core balance. For a three year old skating around for the first time Brooks did really well. He will be flying around on his own in no time. I was surprised that they didn't have the support penguins out on the ice. Sounds like you have your hands full with your boys, but I am sure they are fun::)).
I enjoy all of my kids they’re all fun in their own way. All three of my sons play football, wrestle and baseball. My oldest is the best at football. My middle son is the best at baseball, but he’s a great wrestler too. Now my youngest is the best wrestler, but he’s almost just as good at football and baseball. He has the advantage of not just having his Dad work with him and teach him, but his big brothers as well. He’ll be 9 in December and is the second to last of my kids and has had to learn to stand up for himself with two older brothers and an older sister. My daughters play soccer, basketball and softball/tee ball. They’re both good athletes as well thankfully they get that from their father who was a two time NJ State Champion Wrestler in High School and not their Mom the walking klutz, lol. Though I did play competitively in softball all through my childhood and college. I tried everything as a child except for gymnastics I was entirely way to tall for it. I would have looked like a tumbling flamingo. Gaines will find her sport but I say if she enjoys doing gymnastics they should continue them for now. Something tells me that she is going to be a very good diver like her Dad and that will be her thing down the road.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Katie puts her kids in the sports she thinks gives them status and the sports she wants them in. Gaines is a decent swimmer and I am surprised they have not looked into a swim team! I was a swimmer through college and I started on a team at 5. Staying in gymnastics is great if she loves it, but if they are keeping her in it because Katie wants her in it they are blind because the girl is a string bean in the gym. Again, I hope they put her on a soccer team since she expressed interest!

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

What I'm disappointed about though is that they went skating for and because of Brooks, since he got ices skates for his birthday. The amount of time Katie spent skating with Brooks? Zero-point-zero.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

PirateWench8 wrote:
Lisbeth3 wrote:
PirateWench8 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:01 am Nobody was gliding with Gaines on the ice like Corey was gliding with Brooks. It’s much harder to learn to skate when someone is just walking along side you holding your arm. There is nothing wrong with Gaines learning gymnastics and tumbling at her age. It’s good exercise for her whether she is coordinated or not. Not every child is the next Mary Lou Retton. I would definitely let her play soccer being she is interested in it. It will teach her teamwork and to share two things she could use some work in. Yes she is good at academics and seems to enjoy learning but children need exercise as well and learning a sport whether they’re good at it or not is not a bad thing. She is only five after all and has really shot up in the past 6 months which will make her more clumsy then normal. I know all about that I’ve given birth to five children who grow like weeds. My oldest is only 13 and he is 6’0 already and his 12 year old brother is 5’9. What can I tell you? We grow them big, lol.

I enjoy all of my kids they’re all fun in their own way. All three of my sons play football, wrestle and baseball. My oldest is the best at football. My middle son is the best at baseball, but he’s a great wrestler too. Now my youngest is the best wrestler, but he’s almost just as good at football and baseball. He has the advantage of not just having his Dad work with him and teach him, but his big brothers as well. He’ll be 9 in December and is the second to last of my kids and has had to learn to stand up for himself with two older brothers and an older sister. My daughters play soccer, basketball and softball/tee ball. They’re both good athletes as well thankfully they get that from their father who was a two time NJ State Champion Wrestler in High School and not their Mom the walking klutz, lol. Though I did play competitively in softball all through my childhood and college. I tried everything as a child except for gymnastics I was entirely way to tall for it. I would have looked like a tumbling flamingo. Gaines will find her sport but I say if she enjoys doing gymnastics they should continue them for now. Something tells me that she is going to be a very good diver like her Dad and that will be her thing down the road.

My boys wrestled as well. I love that sport. My younger boy walked on to VT’s team. I truly believe that wrestling helped keep my boys out of trouble. Sorry to be so personal, but I am very passionate about the sport.
At this age Gaines and Brooks should do sports they enjoy. The best way to get kids into and keep them in sports is to let participate in ones they enjoy. I hope Cullen and Katie are open minded enough to allow both kids to choose.

justkidding
Talker
Talker

Unread post by justkidding »

lovingthisforum wrote:What I'm disappointed about though is that they went skating for and because of Brooks, since he got ices skates for his birthday. The amount of time Katie spent skating with Brooks? Zero-point-zero.
Brooks spent zero time with Katie because he was learning how to skate from the best skater in the family. I bet Brooks felt way more special getting that personal lesson than he would have enjoyed spending time with either parent.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

justkidding wrote:
lovingthisforum wrote:What I'm disappointed about though is that they went skating for and because of Brooks, since he got ices skates for his birthday. The amount of time Katie spent skating with Brooks? Zero-point-zero.
Brooks spent zero time with Katie because he was learning how to skate from the best skater in the family. I bet Brooks felt way more special getting that personal lesson than he would have enjoyed spending time with either parent.

That was probably part of the birthday gift. The age appropriate skates and a lesson.

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Omg Katie. Spending money on NEW clothes for the kids at Walmart (#notsponsored) justifying her purchases because kids outgrow them.

I mean, what happened to hand-me-downs from Kelley's kids? Are they on such bad terms she can't use them or does she have a spending problem? Also, since they're sooo good at Facebook Marketplace selling, she should look for kids clothes through there for cheap! Sheesh. She really grinds my gears.

They need some Dave Ramsey in their life for financial peace and how to get rid of debt other than the obvious.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡

Return to “Cullen and Katie”