Debilitating headaches during cycle, BC advice?

Alwyn94
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Debilitating headaches during cycle, BC advice?

Unread post by Alwyn94 »

Hi! Experienced similar when in my teens for about 3 years but they went away of their own accord as the hormones settled down. Stress made them worse, walking by the sea helped ease them. But sometimes they verged on migraines and the only thing to do was lie down in darkened room and be really still. They returned with a vengeance a few years ago and several things helped to relieve them. First I tried acupuncture which definitely worked for me. This led me to Tai Chi and with regular practice keeps the energy flowing in a very peaceful way. Yoga is another mind/body practice that may also be beneficial.
Try researching natural remedies to bring about hormonal balance, checking it with your doc first. But these are all more or less long term solutions and my heart goes out to you as it is very debilitating. So at the next onset try this really simple breathing exercise: ‘Place the palms of your hands over your lower abdomen, below the naval, and breathe in slowly and deeply through your nose. Feel and ‘see’ the breath moving all the way down to the centre of your belly. Imagine the air as a colour if you like: maybe a very pale orange or whatever inspires you. On the exhale see it move down your legs, out through the soles of the feet and into the earth. After a few minutes of this and to further encourage the blocked energy to move down from your head you can now open your arms out to the side, palms upwards, and in one movement, bring them straight up till they are over your head, then turn the palms to face your crown and simply sweep downwards in front of the body to the abdomen. Do around 21 reps, breathing in as you swing arms out and up - and breathe out as you sweep down.
Hope this is of some use and good luck with finding a long term solution. 🙏🏻
Alwyn94
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Alwyn94 »

Kate wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:41 pm This has been a struggle for me since I was ten and it's to the point where I physically cannot deal with it anymore. I have an appointment booked, but in the mean time I'd love to hear what worked for you...

Any recommendations? Did a certain birth control help? Did a diet change make a difference? Do I need to dance in front of a full moon naked? I'm at a loss. TIA!
Hi! Posted reply indirectly. (See below) Just joined up, so still getting used to the format. 🙂
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by IHateCilantro »

Do you have any other accompanying symptoms?
My posts on this board are only my opinion and shouldnt be taken as fact, unless noted

Return to “Health”