E&J: Take Ellie Away and She's Happy All Day | Part #126

gopedjane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: E&J: Take Ellie Away and She's Happy All Day | Part #126

Post by gopedjane » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:07 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:31 am
Kataja wrote:IMO vlogging is something that both partners should mutually agree to do. If another doesn't want to do it, that's end of it.
Even if it was Ellie's decision, it doesn't matter. I think sharing your life online for money is taxing, so I don't blame Ellie at all. I don't like her much but in this case I understand her. Dreaming about another baby is same thing, both partners should mutually agree to it. If Jared doesn't want to, that's it. (If they keep sharing their life on insta, we shall see who won that battle. and of course, it shouldn't be a battle...)
I absolutely agree with you, but then Ellie needs to lower her expectations on Jared and realize that he is incapable of bringing in the YT level income she wants in any other way. She can’t keep having babies she’s unable to manage alone forcing him to need a stay at home job, while also dictating that she needs enough money to buy luxuries like her 6 Christmas wreaths. If we believe what they say about this always being the plan for Jan, then this is the new lifestyle she expects. We heard about a budget quite often after July, but didn’t actually see very many signs of one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. Ellie, has said on numerous occasions that this is the life that they would have had regardless and that it's up to Jared to bring in the income because he's the man. She's done working and she's not even into taking care of her children that she wanted and wants more of. That's also Jared's job. Which is it? Is it Jared's job to bring in all the income or is it to stay home take care of Ellie and the kids?
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Post by Refrigerator_Light » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:29 am

What the hell? In Jared’s twitter bio he says this about himself: “ TIME Magazine's 2006 Person Of The Year”
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:41 am

Refrigerator_Light wrote:What the hell? In Jared’s twitter bio he says this about himself: “ TIME Magazine's 2006 Person Of The Year”
I assumed that’s a joke because he thinks he looks like Tom Cruise.

Edited to add: I looked up who it was and it was “you.” He’s just an idiot.

Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Post by Refrigerator_Light » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:14 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:41 am
Refrigerator_Light wrote:What the hell? In Jared’s twitter bio he says this about himself: “ TIME Magazine's 2006 Person Of The Year”
I assumed that’s a joke because he thinks he looks like Tom Cruise.

Edited to add: I looked up who it was and it was “you.” He’s just an idiot.

Thanks for looking it up, lol.... he’s such a moron. I truly wonder what the parents of Jackson’s school friends think about them.
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:17 am

Does he really think he looks like Tom Cruise? Wow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Todays drama
Informer
Informer

Post by Todays drama » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:40 am

Jared looks stressed, pale and looks like he's loosing weight. I'm sure he's worried how he will keep money coming in for the long haul and keep Ellie happy. Ellie said in her instastory yesterday that when milk is flying across the room, she looks for ways to cope. Then she was dressed up and going out for a "girls day luncheon". No worries, that's Jareds job! Here's Jared from his IG, he's totally stressed out.
75F6EA3D-0D65-4FC7-BD3D-24A110FAEC4A.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:46 am

Todays drama wrote:Jared looks stressed, pale and looks like he's loosing weight. I'm sure he's worried how he will keep money coming in for the long haul and keep Ellie happy. Ellie said in her instastory yesterday that when milk is flying across the room, she looks for ways to cope. Then she was dressed up and going out for a "girls day luncheon". No worries, that's Jareds job! Here's Jared from his IG, he's totally stressed out.
I thought he looked stressed too. They are essentially changing jobs right now. Ellie shouldn’t be having luncheons at this point. She needs to help Jared save money and stick to a manageable budget.

This is why I question just how much anxiety Ellie truly has. Anyone I know that has anxiety is far too aware of the “worst case scenario” all the time. Ellie lives in her own world for the most part. It’s more like she lacks PATIENCE and the ability to give of herself (and her time) and make sacrifices.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:21 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
Todays drama wrote:Jared looks stressed, pale and looks like he's loosing weight. I'm sure he's worried how he will keep money coming in for the long haul and keep Ellie happy. Ellie said in her instastory yesterday that when milk is flying across the room, she looks for ways to cope. Then she was dressed up and going out for a "girls day luncheon". No worries, that's Jareds job! Here's Jared from his IG, he's totally stressed out.
I thought he looked stressed too. They are essentially changing jobs right now. Ellie shouldn’t be having luncheons at this point. She needs to help Jared save money and stick to a manageable budget.

This is why I question just how much anxiety Ellie truly has. Anyone I know that has anxiety is far too aware of the “worst case scenario” all the time. Ellie lives in her own world for the most part. It’s more like she lacks PATIENCE and the ability to give of herself (and her time) and make sacrifices.

Right? I don't even have clinical anxiety, but when my income decreases for some reason (don't get a lot of sick time at my job) I LIMIT going out to eat. I don't jet off to NYC with my sister to have meetings that I could probably do via the internet... If she really has anxiety, shouldn't she be freaking out about how they are going to support the family without YT? Or is it so ingrained in her that it's "Jared's job" to support her that it doesn't even factor into her decisions?

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Cgl33 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:52 am

Not to defend them, but I actually think it was the right call to go to NYC this last trip. If their seamstress/designer is there (let’s be honest, they are not the designers), then they need to meet in person to go over samples. I’d accuse them of being hands off otherwise.
sheltiefan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sheltiefan » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:05 pm

ba1006 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:49 pm
sheltiefan wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:26 pm
Well, Jared posted something in his IG story that I think explains how he wants to make money. He asked would people like to have the podcast on YT just with the audio. He can then upload the podcasts, put ads on it like now, and then still get paid for views. You can do it that way and not have to hustle getting sponsors lined up for the podcast besides anchor and spotify. Yep, both of them are done with YT! :D :D
Did he explain why he only wants to have audio? What's so hard about showing them (or their guests) on camera?
No he did not explain why there would be just audio. My assumption was Ellie does the podcast now in her robe or lounge outfits and would have to get more dressed up if it had video too. A LOT of podcast people that I listen to have it on YT also but they have video too with the YT version. If they do put this on YT like Jared is talking about, they would be the only people that I know of that does it that way. I still think that will be what he does no matter what people answer on IG.
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:38 pm

Cgl33 wrote:Not to defend them, but I actually think it was the right call to go to NYC this last trip. If their seamstress/designer is there (let’s be honest, they are not the designers), then they need to meet in person to go over samples. I’d accuse them of being hands off otherwise.
They can FedEx swatches. Lots cheaper than flights to New York, transfers to the hotel and whatever posh hotel they stay in, because we all know that they aren't staying in a Motel 6. And don't they get massages while they are there? Jared also didn't need to go to the Tech convention in Las Vegas. They just act as though they really believe that Bollie is going to take off and be some kind of internet clothing sensation. And I don't believe that several trips per year to NYC are really necessary.
They are going to end up like Cullen and Katie. But with more kids to support.

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Cgl33 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:38 pm

lmmomSD wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:38 pm
Cgl33 wrote:Not to defend them, but I actually think it was the right call to go to NYC this last trip. If their seamstress/designer is there (let’s be honest, they are not the designers), then they need to meet in person to go over samples. I’d accuse them of being hands off otherwise.
They can FedEx swatches. Lots cheaper than flights to New York, transfers to the hotel and whatever posh hotel they stay in, because we all know that they aren't staying in a Motel 6. And don't they get massages while they are there? Jared also didn't need to go to the Tech convention in Las Vegas. They just act as though they really believe that Bollie is going to take off and be some kind of internet clothing sensation. And I don't believe that several trips per year to NYC are really necessary.
They are going to end up like Cullen and Katie. But with more kids to support.

We can agree to disagree about the NYC trip. I still think some things need to be done in person, but I understand what you’re saying. I agree about them ending up like Cullen and Katie. I can only imagine Jared went to the convention because he needed to get away.
lovingthisforum
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lovingthisforum » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:50 pm

I have anxiety but am not aware of the worst case scenario all the time. If you have that it's called general anxiety, but there are other types too. He looks very tired too and worn out.
Todays drama
Informer
Informer

Post by Todays drama » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:09 pm

Looking at BollieBrand IG, they have been getting very few comments on pictures. There are 11, 17, 20 comments. I know they have a lot of "followers", but i think very few are actually following and interested in the clothes. I wish there was a way to find out the amount they sell. They can't keep throwing money into Bollie. I think by next year Bollie will be gone.
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:12 pm

lovingthisforum wrote:I have anxiety but am not aware of the worst case scenario all the time. If you have that it's called general anxiety, but there are other types too. He looks very tired too and worn out.
It’s true there are different kinds of anxiety, but it is atypical for someone to claim to be dysfunctionally anxious about some things (because everyone should have some anxiety) and then completely devoid of anxiety about others. Ellie is lacking the normal anxiety most people would feel about finances and day to day life. She’s like a child living in a dream world with fantastic expectations. She doesn’t have anxiety about some things and less about the finances. She has NONE of the normal anxiety a person would feel. That screams a personality disorder more than an anxiety one from my experience working with our psychiatric patients.

imoverit
Amateur
Amateur

Post by imoverit » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:54 pm

I won't even be able to listen to that podcast because it sounds like the usual attempt to brag about how they've set themselves up just fine by "diversifying" and try to convince listeners that everything is A-OK because they prayed about it and god told Ellie to do all of this. I feel like it is just full of self-conscious explanations, excuses, and false confidence.
Kataja
Informer
Informer

Post by Kataja » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:51 pm

ba1006 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:37 am
Kataja wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:52 pm
IMO vlogging is something that both partners should mutually agree to do. If another doesn't want to do it, that's end of it.
Even if it was Ellie's decision, it doesn't matter. I think sharing your life online for money is taxing, so I don't blame Ellie at all. I don't like her much but in this case I understand her. Dreaming about another baby is same thing, both partners should mutually agree to it. If Jared doesn't want to, that's it. (If they keep sharing their life on insta, we shall see who won that battle. and of course, it shouldn't be a battle...)
I agree with you if vlogging was just a hobby to them but it is their main source of income and Jared obviously loved doing it. Putting your life out there was never an ideal job but that's what they chose to do. If she's not happy with that, someone needs to go out and get a real job. This couple does not mutually agree on anything. It's Ellie's way and that's it.
So in your opinion, because it is not hobby, Ellie just needs to stick to it because Jared likes to do it? I think that is bit unreasonable.

I agree that someone needs to go out and get ''a real'' job. The income certainly will be way lower for them but that is their problem. Why would we worry for them :D
If Ellie has unrealistic expectations of Jared's ability to bring money in with other career path, she is in for a proper reality check but still, I don't think it is right that she should be forced to vlog when she doesn't feel like it. It is not just going to 9-5 job and being done in the end of the day. This vlogging job affects every part of their life.
ba1006
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ba1006 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:20 am

Kataja wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:51 pm
ba1006 wrote:
Kataja wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:52 pm
IMO vlogging is something that both partners should mutually agree to do. If another doesn't want to do it, that's end of it.
I agree with you if vlogging was just a hobby to them but it is their main source of income and Jared obviously loved doing it. Putting your life out there was never an ideal job but that's what they chose to do. If she's not happy with that, someone needs to go out and get a real job. This couple does not mutually agree on anything. It's Ellie's way and that's it.
So in your opinion, because it is not hobby, Ellie just needs to stick to it because Jared likes to do it? I think that is bit unreasonable.

I agree that someone needs to go out and get ''a real'' job. The income certainly will be way lower for them but that is their problem. Why would we worry for them :D
If Ellie has unrealistic expectations of Jared's ability to bring money in with other career path, she is in for a proper reality check but still, I don't think it is right that she should be forced to vlog when she doesn't feel like it. It is not just going to 9-5 job and being done in the end of the day. This vlogging job affects every part of their life.
I'm not partially thrilled to go to work every day but quitting is not an option because I have bills to pay and a family to support. I'm sure many people feel the same way as I do. If you really don't like what you're doing, do something else. That's all I was saying.
gopedjane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by gopedjane » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:58 am

ba1006 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:20 am
Kataja wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:51 pm
ba1006 wrote:

I'm not partially thrilled to go to work every day but quitting is not an option because I have bills to pay and a family to support. I'm sure many people feel the same way as I do. If you really don't like what you're doing, do something else. That's all I was saying.
Exactly, it was their JOB to bring in income so yes they need to replace it. No one disagrees that they should continue to do it if it's making them miserable. However, their issues are not related to the vlogging, I would say it's related to the lifestyle and habits that the vlogging lifestyle has provided for. If they stayed down to earth people and continued to live as they were even with nicer things, I think it would have been easier and they would have a life to actually vlog. To me, Ellie doesn't want to have any commitments that she has to keep that aren't fun for her. Even with Bollie Jared does all the real work and Ellie goes on trips to NY and pretends to be designer. She loves to say that she is a Boss Lady but doesn't realize that actual boss ladies need to put in the work and do all of the tedious tasks and spend countless hours working. There isn't time for laying in bed all day, or to be in bed by 7PM at night snacking and watching tv. That would be valuable family time.

So like what others have been saying is that if she insists that they give up their main income then she MUST make concessions. Plus she needs to come up for a "new" way to market Bollie. Her and Bonnie haven't even put anything new out on their Bollie channel.
sheltiefan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sheltiefan » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:59 am

Has to be kind of tough when a HOVERBOARD UNBOXING (Self-Balancing Smart Scooter) vlog on Jared's channel got 8 million and their goodbye vlog has 520,000. After January rolls around and they still haven't vlogged, people may relisten to see if they had miss heard.
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by 131618 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:02 pm

I know there are many types of anxiety - I've not gone in to see anyone but its not debilitating, it can just get bad sometimes. At home, in the car, at events, planes, travel, etc. My mind runs through a million awful scenarios and tortures me by going over and over what I'd do in each one.
Its blows my mind that she is so careless about their lives and those of their children and is happy the moment she gets away. Idk I don't have any ill wishes for them but I hope they get a nice healthy reality check and are able to make it work and hopefully appreciate/spend more time with their kids.
Personally, I think its moreso that Ellie is mentally and emotionally weak and has become moreso thru youtube (as well as gotten lazy by the lifestyle). I believe she is just not equipped to handle day to day life as a mother...at least to more than Jackson

HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:49 pm

Worked ALL MORNING and she had to lay down. Her life is so exhausting.

I wonder if the problem wasn’t that the shit hit the fan when they had Calvin, so much as when Jackson became a toddler? She clearly felt she had things under control with just Jackson, but he was also a baby. I think they could have stayed with one kid and Ellie still would have struggled if Jared wasn’t around to help. Babies stay where you put them, sleep a lot, snuggle and are easy to control. Toddlers and children not so much![IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202001 ... db3766.jpg[/IMG]

Mickey123
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Mickey123 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:02 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:49 pm

I wonder if the problem wasn’t that the shit hit the fan when they had Calvin, so much as when Jackson became a toddler? She clearly felt she had things under control with just Jackson, but he was also a baby. I think they could have stayed with one kid and Ellie still would have struggled if Jared wasn’t around to help. Babies stay where you put them, sleep a lot, snuggle and are easy to control. Toddlers and children not so much!

She never shuts that pantry door, the kid must be hungry all the time so he's trying to find food. We've seen portion sizes of these families. She's in her late twenties, I'm 45. I can work circles around her. By the time she's my age, she's going to be riding a scooter from room to room.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Cgl33 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:44 pm

Remember that breastfeeding took so much out of Ellie and she was obsessed with making it work. It’s also possible that with Jackson, she could pass Jackson off easily to Jared behind the scenes, but that was not possible with two small children.
apmfacebook93
Talker
Talker

Post by apmfacebook93 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:25 pm

Mickey123 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:49 pm

I wonder if the problem wasn’t that the shit hit the fan when they had Calvin, so much as when Jackson became a toddler? She clearly felt she had things under control with just Jackson, but he was also a baby. I think they could have stayed with one kid and Ellie still would have struggled if Jared wasn’t around to help. Babies stay where you put them, sleep a lot, snuggle and are easy to control. Toddlers and children not so much!

She never shuts that pantry door, the kid must be hungry all the time so he's trying to find food. We've seen portion sizes of these families. She's in her late twenties, I'm 45. I can work circles around her. By the time she's my age, she's going to be riding a scooter from room to room.
Wow....how old is she? I’m 26, and I feel like she’s sooo much older than me.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”