Coletrain_04
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers :Private Schools and Public Humiliations | Part #14

Unread post by Coletrain_04 »

Long time lurker...

Lawd...now that Ruby is becoming a life coach and has some experience “therapy”/“healing”, she’s a professional. I just watched their newest blog about Eve. I’m glad she’s recognizing they have created a monster. But legit she may not be able to focus. And chewing HELPS the brain focus. I’m not saying jumping to a diagnosis is what is needed. But I’m afraid she will just brush it off to the side. Eve may need more than just love.
reality04
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by reality04 »

Another dog to be neglected... poor puppy. Hopefully Chad's rebellion against Ruby will include proper treatment for the dog
Alycat_2001_uk
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Alycat_2001_uk »

Coletrain_04 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:31 am Long time lurker...

Lawd...now that Ruby is becoming a life coach and has some experience “therapy”/“healing”, she’s a professional. I just watched their newest blog about Eve. I’m glad she’s recognizing they have created a monster. But legit she may not be able to focus. And chewing HELPS the brain focus. I’m not saying jumping to a diagnosis is what is needed. But I’m afraid she will just brush it off to the side. Eve may need more than just love.
Seeing that there's an issue is good, as is recognising that it doesn't mean that she's defective in some way.
All of that is somewhat spoiled by blaming it on the other kids for getting annoyed with her. Given how many times Ruby has blamed them for Eve not doing her jobs, they're probably losing their tempers out of fear of being told off. Perhaps if she actually supervised her younger kids (both Russell and Eve are at the age where the adult should be setting small tasks and then checking regularly, if not actually helping them) then there wouldn't be a problem.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

They are about to move into a new house. Why not wait to get settled before getting a dog? Doesn't that make sense? That poor puppy is going to be so confused. He is cute though. It looks like a bigger version of Bonnie's.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

Is it really healthy to be putting thoughts into Eve's head? If she has not expressed it, why would you say, "are you crying because you feel the person that is upset with you just doesn't love you, and doesn't want you in the family." This seems to me to be giving Eve fuel for fire. Maybe I'm wrong but geez, seems to wrong to put those thoughts in her. Ruby is really learning to be a life coach, cause she definitely coached Eve into what she could say. With those tactics, for sure Ruby will feel she is the World's Best!
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

On another note, that's an adorable puppy. I hope with all of my heart that this puppy is not confined to only the foyer like Nollie was. No doubt she will be loved by all the kids in the house.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

On another note, that's an adorable puppy. I hope with all of my heart that this puppy is not confined to only the foyer like Nollie was. No doubt she will be loved by all the kids in the house.
SwiftlyD
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SwiftlyD »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
SwiftlyD wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:47 pm Do you think the private school the kids go too allows girls to wear pants if they wanted or are they crazy brand of religious Mormon that wouldn't allow women to wear pants not skirts? Just had this thought watching an old back to school video

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
The published school policy does not permit pants for girls.
That makes me sad. I would not fit in well at that school because I would be pushing so hard to wear pants I would probably end up expelled.

SwiftlyD
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SwiftlyD »

Happy+Charlie wrote:Is it really healthy to be putting thoughts into Eve's head? If she has not expressed it, why would you say, "are you crying because you feel the person that is upset with you just doesn't love you, and doesn't want you in the family." This seems to me to be giving Eve fuel for fire. Maybe I'm wrong but geez, seems to wrong to put those thoughts in her. Ruby is really learning to be a life coach, cause she definitely coached Eve into what she could say. With those tactics, for sure Ruby will feel she is the World's Best!
I also don't really get why it's a big deal that she can't clean her room properly. When I was her age my mom would still help my brother and I clean our room because we would both get distracted and end up playing with toys. I would only get concerned if this behaviour continued in to being a teen.

mikaydean
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mikaydean »

Wait, we have a 6-year-old child who doesn't do what she's supposed to do, so we think of a way why others are guilty of the lazy behavior of a 6-year-old (which is normal for this age, distraction is so easy). Then we give the child the idea and feeling that she is hated and nobody wants her. Then we treat the child like a 4-year-old who we have 1 task do at the same time while we talk to her as if she is peeing on the potty for the first time and woohoo has solved the problem. And all without saying "my husband and I have failed as parents because we leave the upbringing to our other children". :hail: Hail Ruby for solving the problem evry parents need to face. But solves by looking at him/her self
kates_crush
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kates_crush »

Happy+Charlie wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:40 am Is it really healthy to be putting thoughts into Eve's head? If she has not expressed it, why would you say, "are you crying because you feel the person that is upset with you just doesn't love you, and doesn't want you in the family." This seems to me to be giving Eve fuel for fire. Maybe I'm wrong but geez, seems to wrong to put those thoughts in her. Ruby is really learning to be a life coach, cause she definitely coached Eve into what she could say. With those tactics, for sure Ruby will feel she is the World's Best!
I look after kids, sometimes they just don't want to do what they are told, plain and simple.
the almost five year old I look after will put off doing a simple task for ever, it's not because he is "hurting" or "upset" about something else, it's because he is a five year old testing boundaries.
ruby was looking far too deep into the situation.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

kates_crush wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:02 am
Happy+Charlie wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:40 am Is it really healthy to be putting thoughts into Eve's head? If she has not expressed it, why would you say, "are you crying because you feel the person that is upset with you just doesn't love you, and doesn't want you in the family." This seems to me to be giving Eve fuel for fire. Maybe I'm wrong but geez, seems to wrong to put those thoughts in her. Ruby is really learning to be a life coach, cause she definitely coached Eve into what she could say. With those tactics, for sure Ruby will feel she is the World's Best!
I look after kids, sometimes they just don't want to do what they are told, plain and simple.
the almost five year old I look after will put off doing a simple task for ever, it's not because he is "hurting" or "upset" about something else, it's because he is a five year old testing boundaries.
ruby was looking far too deep into the situation.
I mentioned before that Ruby is getting "dangerous", inflating her ego and presenting herself as an expert. Amazing that she had to consult some random friend to figure out kids don't like chores! Was it Ellie? Considering Eve was essentially abandoned as a feral at birth, I doubt her issues are a result of ADHD, but Ruby doesn't know that. Just because she can better focus with a "chew toy" (again with this family talking about children like dogs), it doesn't mean there is something wrong with her (or that their isn't). Maybe try teaching her about appropriate (or take her to a doctor) behavior before labeling her with a disorder?

She is also describing almost every kid in existence. Kids don't like to "work" and will test boundaries as you mentioned. It takes 10x as long to have a child "help", but that is how you raise productive members of society. It is called parenting. Suggesting to Eve she is not wanted or loved because of it, is cruel and irresponsible. No wonder she cried. It is just as cruel to blame the other kids for the monster Ruby & Kevin created. There is a reason people say kids shouldn't be raising kids. it's typically not a successful arrangement. Happy to see Chad call Ruby out on her BS yet again.

That poor precious puppy. I am sort of glad that he is there because kids learn empathy and compassion from their parents, and Ruby has none. A family dog can help teach that to kids in desperate need of some unconditional love and affection. Then again, we all see how terribly dogs are treated in this family. Maybe Ruby will become an "animal behaviorist" next and will realize most people think its cruel to put shock collars on puppies and lock them in a cage all day without water.
Manitowoc123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Manitowoc123 »

Two thoughts.
First, her little speech about Eve. We all saw the “monster they created” as they were laughing and cheering her on and telling her how “cute” she is when she misbehaved or didn’t do chores as they said. Now, what about this same compassion as they degrade Julie and Russell?

Second, about her horror at the ads on her channel. I remember seeing a few ads weeks ago about a horror movie (and I thought, this is on a family channel??) And today I saw the Ellen and her wife doing an Alexa ad - which that in itself would be troubling to Ruby. But also if you watch the full length ad, there is a part where a guy “forgets his pants” and you see an implied bare a$$. Now, I would bet good money that ad would send her straight to the temple!!
Manitowoc123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Manitowoc123 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:51 pm
SwiftlyD wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:00 am
Jamie Love wrote:

Honestly, I think that's all fundie religions, you can even look at families like the Duggars, Bates, etc. all they care about is having a lot of children. Why do they do that? idk, it doesn't make sense to you or me but they disguise it under "children are a blessing from god" but honestly, I think they just want to have a lot of kids to spread their religion, thus making their small religion bigger. Its sad though, because you look at the Duggar girls, most of them have kids already at a young age and haven't gotten a chance to enjoy life, and grow. Even though she annoys me, I feel bad for shari, even if she were to become a lawyer, she'd be focused on her family pressuring her to have kids.
I'm holding out hope that at least one of the Duggar girls either only has like 4 kids or none

The Duggar's religion is explicitly about growing their congregation. Something about keeping your quiver of arrows full to build an army on earth to fight for righteousness or something. I don't think Mormons are that explicit about their reasons, but I have definitely seen it suggested that they push uncontrolled procreation to strengthen their numbers, only more centered on padding the nest egg of billions by increasing sources of tithing. I think it is presented to members as a requirement to become a god of your own planet when you die, which appears to be the ultimate goal in the religion. It seems everything they do in life is in order to be rewarded upon death. I'd probably get married at 18 and birth a football team too, if I believed I'd live alone in eternal damnation while my friends/family lived in paradise as literal gods. Just to build a hateful army though? Probably not.

I am really jealous of the poster above who has a Mormon friend to discuss these things with. Let us know the actual answer to this if they have one! I suspect the Griffiths are a terrible representation of the actual faith.

--------------------------------------------
OFF-TOPIC DUGGAR TALK, SORRY
I don't know if you have kept up with the Duggars, but the kids have already rebelled. The oldest girl Jana is now 30 and single, rumored to be involved with her "best friend". Jill , the second oldest, has stalled at 2 kids for years. She was kicked out of the family hustle, wears pants, has a nose ring and speaks out against their Dad essentially stealing all their TLC money. Jinger was the first to wear pants, move away from home, and labor in a hospital. It was years before she conceived her only baby and is rumored to use birth control. So far only Jessa and Joy are spitting out kids like Mom and towing the quiverfull line. There has been speculation that Joy had to submit to a shotgun wedding when she was impregnated by her older husband and is currently suffering from abuse. If any of this is true, she might eventually sabotage the quiverfull mission just to limit the fallout. Also some of the boys delayed marriage and dated normally, even selecting a wife with a secondary education and "allowing" her to work.

I think the unique mix of abuse/dysfunction/exposure in the Duggar house really did a number on those kids and their blind faith. I don't think the Griffiths girls have had quite the same experience, which is a double edged sword. No horrific sexual abuse (hopefully) to expose "the man behind the curtain", but enough dysfunction and isolation to keep them grinding away at a life they don't want.

I noticed most kids in mega families raised with a sense of free will usually choose a different life for themselves. None of the Brown kids chose polygamy, the oldest kids of that UK family with 22 (Radford?) aren't following suit, etc. The Griffiths kids are not generally allowed to exercise free will, nor are they permitted any outside influences. So I think it is likely most will follow the path their parents/religion sets for them. I noticed that all the Griffiths kids that stopped procreating have tied it to a medical need. Is any form of elective family planning frowned upon? Did Grandma Griff have a medical issue that limited her to 5 kids? It seems like Ruby nearly killed herself ensuring she birthed more kids than her mother.

--------------------------------

I grew up Mormon so I know the answer to the above question. The reason why Mormons have so many kids is because they believe that our souls or “spirits” exist before we come to Earth. Then, when we are born, our job on Earth is to lead a good Mormon life and make the right choices to go back up to heaven to live with Heavenly Father. The more babies you have, the more souls you save, in essence.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

8passengers is getting lit up on the r/trashy thread about Dailybumps. Quality content, I can tell a ytmd member posted this lol. I love seeing youtubers exposed outside of this platform. [IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202002 ... 517e19.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

The dog sure is cute.
Is it the same breed as Bonnies??
Why not wait until you move into the new house??
I hope that poor guy doesn’t live in a cage his whole life.
mikaydean
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mikaydean »

Manitowoc123 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:15 am

I grew up Mormon so I know the answer to the above question. The reason why Mormons have so many kids is because they believe that our souls or “spirits” exist before we come to Earth. Then, when we are born, our job on Earth is to lead a good Mormon life and make the right choices to go back up to heaven to live with Heavenly Father. The more babies you have, the more souls you save, in essence.
So the more babies you have, the more souls you safe, the bigger the chance you go to heaven?
If so, how is the reaction then to woman or men who can't get babies because of medical problems? Are they seen as less good with a lower chance in going to heaven? Because if i read your answer, i kind of read "the more babies the better you are", and i don't like that :shy: . There are so many people who have 1 or 2 children who raise good and responsable adults. For me they are worth more than parents who have 6, 7 or 8 children and don't raise them in decent adults.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
SwiftlyD wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:47 pm Do you think the private school the kids go too allows girls to wear pants if they wanted or are they crazy brand of religious Mormon that wouldn't allow women to wear pants not skirts? Just had this thought watching an old back to school video

The published school policy does not permit pants for girls.
That is nuts in Utah in the winter. Personal but relevant: My sister the renegade was the first girl to wear pants at her public high school in Virginia. She had a back problem, and needed to wear pants to avoid pain. She had a note from her doctor and everything. And once she started wearing pants, it was just a matter of time before the rest of the girls were wearing pants too.
My sister rocks. And yes, I am old....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Ruby makes me so angry. She puts this whole video out about how she is such a powerful mother by calling these family meetings to talk about the root of the problem with Eve. She goes on and on about how it's not Eve's fault, but a problem at home- sure, that's true, but a huge part of the problem is that the poor child has had her whole life videoed for the entire world to scrutinize. How the hell can Ruby not see this? INFURIATING.
And don't get me started on the dog.
Parktown
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Parktown »

They may have been hustled! That puppy is no pure breed! It is definitely not the breed Bonnie’s is but it is super cute nonetheless and definitely not a pup any more it is about 6 months old! I hope he doesn’t end up crated 24/7!

Return to “8 Passengers”