Brittani Boren Leach: Part Two

honestT
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Brittani Boren Leach: Part Two

Unread post by honestT »

Missmaggie wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:36 am I was always surprised at how nonchalant she said she put Crew down for a nap on her bed in her videos.
And it seems like she would wake up from nighttime sleep/cosleeping with him in her bed with blankets and pillows all around. I honestly don't know much about cosleeping. I figured the people who did it would have a careful arrangement to keep pillows and blankets away, maybe use something like a dockatot, not just having the baby in a pillow fort. Would someone be able to explain how this typically works?
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

disneylover23 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:07 am I’m probably going to get hate for this but can any of you honestly tell me you’ve never put your baby to sleep/ let them sleep in a semi unsafe sleep environment? You’ve never let them nap in a car seat, on your bed, with a blankie, etc? If you haven’t then major respect to you and I mean that. I was guilty of leaving my baby in his car seat to nap from time to time or letting him nap next to me on the couch. I was always right there so I never thought too much of it even though I know those aren’t safe sleep environments. I’m assuming Brittani did the same. I don’t think it was anything intentional. Image
I think the key is that you were always with them and watching them. I have let my baby nap a few times in her carseat after we got home to finish her nap, but I watched her like a hawk. The first maybe two months of her life I actually brought her into bed with me for a few hours during the night, but I quickly realized that bed-sharing wasn't safe and committed myself to only letting her sleep on a safe surface, no matter how tired I was, after I read two news stories about mothers who had lost their babies to SIDS. I am a really paranoid first-time parent so I guess it's different for some, but I cannot imagine not monitoring my baby while she sleeps. I even room-share with her still and she's almost seven months old. I like to hear her breathing during the night, and when I'm in a separate room while she naps I watch for her breathing on the monitor. I know this may be a bit extreme for some people, but it gives me peace of mind.
hereforthekids
Talker
Talker

Unread post by hereforthekids »

Adhbrh91 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:52 am That screams an overwhelmed mom who never should of had another baby, but she was trying to keep up with Tara & Aaryn and pumped Crew our strictly to stay relevant & for more subs/views. Poor little angel was never anything but a cash cow for her - even in his death. It hurts my heart so bad to know there are so many couples out there who would do anything to have a baby and never complain about their baby wanting to be held all the time and would take every precaution to make sure their baby was safe at all times. All she ever did was bitch about Crew wanting to be in the baby carrier. Maybe that’s why God called him home so soon - so he could be loved and held like a baby should be and not blasted on the internet about what a burden he was.
Glad Crew finally brought you all those subs/views/$$ you were looking for when you got pregnant with him, Britt.
He had the sweetest big brown eyes and my heart hurts for him everyday. I hope he’s being loved & held in heaven ❤️
angelmamma wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:05 am
disneylover23 wrote:I’m probably going to get hate for this but can any of you honestly tell me you’ve never put your baby to sleep/ let them sleep in a semi unsafe sleep environment? You’ve never let them nap in a car seat, on your bed, with a blankie, etc? If you haven’t then major respect to you and I mean that. I was guilty of leaving my baby in his car seat to nap from time to time or letting him nap next to me on the couch. I was always right there so I never thought too much of it even though I know those aren’t safe sleep environments. I’m assuming Brittani did the same. I don’t think it was anything intentional. Sometimes you’re so tired or you just need them to nap so badly that you let it slide thinking “it’ll never happen to me” but this woke me up. Now I always put my son to sleep in his pack and play or crib, alone, on his back, in his sleep sack. I’m heartbroken for her no matter what. That sweet baby, Rest In Peace Crew Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your baby was left to nap supervised in unsafe environments. Brit left hers unsupervised. That screams negligence and laziness.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Exactly!! I can't agree more! Having a baby leads to so many vlog about things that people LOVE to view (Gender reveals / birth stories / after birth / day in the life of

Have you all not notice how many HOUSE tours / Day in the life of - MOM of 5/ night time routine/ stay at home mom/ she had? I mean its honestly ridiculous!

She toured her MOMS house for pete's sake! I mean, WHO does that? Someone who wants to stay relevant/ subscribers / views/

Also, it makes SO much sense that this was a situation where the family is at someone else's home / no crib or such for him to sleep in / Room is probably not as close as it is at home or as convenient to check on him. She lays him down in a bed as usual that may or may not have more pillow / different bedding etc. It makes for a complete disaster. She's probably trying to help her kids with new toys/ help clean up / help with food or other things. It's a definite tragedy but not totally something that doesn't make sense.
honestT
Talker
Talker

Unread post by honestT »

I think with the having many kids thing, she's also just truly obsessed with having a girl. There is a gender reveal of Cooper on her Facebook page where she swings a bat to make the baseball explode blue and at the end of the gender reveal she captions "A miss for team pink :'( but it's not over yet!" and ENDS THE VIDEO FOR HER SON with a pink bow and a wink on it to show that it was a "strike out" and she already wants to try again for a girl. All of their gender reveals she's shown SUCH disappointment. And even in her nursery tour for Crew's room, she's talking about "Oh, it's gender neutral if this were to ever become a girl's room..." As soon as she's found out about any of her boys, she's onto planning the next attempt for a girl instead of focusing on the little lives in front of her that she brought into this world.
disneylover23
Informer
Informer

Unread post by disneylover23 »

fossilfinger wrote:
disneylover23 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:07 am I’m probably going to get hate for this but can any of you honestly tell me you’ve never put your baby to sleep/ let them sleep in a semi unsafe sleep environment? You’ve never let them nap in a car seat, on your bed, with a blankie, etc? If you haven’t then major respect to you and I mean that. I was guilty of leaving my baby in his car seat to nap from time to time or letting him nap next to me on the couch. I was always right there so I never thought too much of it even though I know those aren’t safe sleep environments. I’m assuming Brittani did the same. I don’t think it was anything intentional. Image
I think the key is that you were always with them and watching them. I have let my baby nap a few times in her carseat after we got home to finish her nap, but I watched her like a hawk. The first maybe two months of her life I actually brought her into bed with me for a few hours during the night, but I quickly realized that bed-sharing wasn't safe and committed myself to only letting her sleep on a safe surface, no matter how tired I was, after I read two news stories about mothers who had lost their babies to SIDS. I am a really paranoid first-time parent so I guess it's different for some, but I cannot imagine not monitoring my baby while she sleeps. I even room-share with her still and she's almost seven months old. I like to hear her breathing during the night, and when I'm in a separate room while she naps I watch for her breathing on the monitor. I know this may be a bit extreme for some people, but it gives me peace of mind.
I do the exact same thing now. My 6 month old is in our room and if he’s napping I’m on that monitor like a hawk.

Amanda876
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Amanda876 »

honestT wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:37 pm I think with the having many kids thing, she's also just truly obsessed with having a girl. There is a gender reveal of Cooper on her Facebook page where she swings a bat to make the baseball explode blue and at the end of the gender reveal she captions "A miss for team pink :'( but it's not over yet!" and ENDS THE VIDEO FOR HER SON with a pink bow and a wink on it to show that it was a "strike out" and she already wants to try again for a girl. All of their gender reveals she's shown SUCH disappointment. And even in her nursery tour for Crew's room, she's talking about "Oh, it's gender neutral if this were to ever become a girl's room..." As soon as she's found out about any of her boys, she's onto planning the next attempt for a girl instead of focusing on the little lives in front of her that she brought into this world.
This just makes me so sad. She is probably feeling soo guilty about wanting a girl now that she would give anything to have him back. I truly hope she doesn't jump back into a pregnancy. Her body and her mind need a serious breather right now. My heart aches for little Crew. I have a daughter and a son and I really wanted a 2nd girl because that's how I pictured my life but once I met my little guy I couldn't imagine life any other way.I understand gender disappointment to an extent but putting it all in a YouTube video is terrible and so sad for the child that will grow up and see it.
PhreePanda
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PhreePanda »

honestT wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:55 am
Missmaggie wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:36 am I was always surprised at how nonchalant she said she put Crew down for a nap on her bed in her videos.
And it seems like she would wake up from nighttime sleep/cosleeping with him in her bed with blankets and pillows all around. I honestly don't know much about cosleeping. I figured the people who did it would have a careful arrangement to keep pillows and blankets away, maybe use something like a dockatot, not just having the baby in a pillow fort. Would someone be able to explain how this typically works?
My husband and I have slept with both of our kids.

1) Use only the pillows you need. No extra throw pillows.
2) We use a light blanket or sheet for self only. Husband and I use our own blankets. Baby is dressed warm.
3) Never ever cosleep when under the influence of anything mind altering. Or when extremely tired.

I have read against using dock a tots for bed sharing. However, there are approved baby spaces for this.

We also keep a crib next to our bed. Some people use a side cart for bed sharing. Also I personally only do if it’s just me in bed, husband also.

There are safely guidelines posted online.
LexiRae
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LexiRae »

PhreePanda wrote:

2) We use a light blanket or sheet for self only. Husband and I use our own blankets. Baby is dressed warm.
3) Never ever cosleep when under the influence of anything mind altering. Or when extremely tired.

I have read against using dock a tots for bed sharing. However, there are approved baby spaces for this.

We also keep a crib next to our bed. Some people use a side cart for bed sharing. Also I personally only do if it’s just me in bed, husband also.

I agree Co sleeping isn’t inherently dangerous but the way most youtubers do it is dangerous. They will drink a bottle of wine and put the baby in a dock a tot in between them and let the baby use the comforter. If you follow all the safe sleep guidelines co sleeping can be safe for sure, i just don’t see youtubers who co sleep following it EVER. And that is very sad

Justheretogossip
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Justheretogossip »

fossilfinger wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:14 pm
I am the same way, my son still sleeps in our room with an arms reach co sleeper attached to the bed and he is 1 this month. I always wake up to makes sure he is breathing, especially with this situation and when he is in his room for nap time during the day I’m watching the monitor and still use the owlet. You can never be too careful.
Connell1992
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Connell1992 »

What I’m confused about is why some medical professionals say *not* to use a monitor like the owlett/angel care, etc. ?? How can using a monitor in conjunction with safe sleep habits be a bad thing?

Also, I about had a heart attack when I saw the insta story with Carter riding with his helmet unclasped. WTF.

hereforthekids
Talker
Talker

Unread post by hereforthekids »

She has an AD (I think its an AD) for the owlet....Did she ever use it??! I never saw it on her post on IG but hardly watched her vlogs to know if she used it on there. While I know, it isn't fool proof either, I never saw her even use it!
KSGirl4Ever
Talker
Talker

Unread post by KSGirl4Ever »

honestT wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:37 pm I think with the having many kids thing, she's also just truly obsessed with having a girl. There is a gender reveal of Cooper on her Facebook page where she swings a bat to make the baseball explode blue and at the end of the gender reveal she captions "A miss for team pink :'( but it's not over yet!" and ENDS THE VIDEO FOR HER SON with a pink bow and a wink on it to show that it was a "strike out" and she already wants to try again for a girl. All of their gender reveals she's shown SUCH disappointment. And even in her nursery tour for Crew's room, she's talking about "Oh, it's gender neutral if this were to ever become a girl's room..." As soon as she's found out about any of her boys, she's onto planning the next attempt for a girl instead of focusing on the little lives in front of her that she brought into this world.
This makes me sad. She DOES have a girl. Sydney. Maybe she isnt there full time but she's got her girl right there and Sydney clearly adores Brittani. Enjoy your girl and take care of your precious boys. I grew up with a stepmom being the only mom I really knew and I still had to hear "I wish I had kids of my own." You do!!
PhreePanda
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PhreePanda »

LexiRae wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:10 pm
PhreePanda wrote:

I agree Co sleeping isn’t inherently dangerous but the way most youtubers do it is dangerous. They will drink a bottle of wine and put the baby in a dock a tot in between them and let the baby use the comforter. If you follow all the safe sleep guidelines co sleeping can be safe for sure, i just don’t see youtubers who co sleep following it EVER. And that is very sad

Oh for sure, and you know... most the mommies we bc all chat about ban and block people for saying anything because well... cognitive dissonance probably.... and unfortunately spread their poor habits to their followers.
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

BEDSHARING IS NEVER SAFE!! An adult bed is not safe for an infant even if an adult is not present. It is far too soft and can compromise their airway. Also, when is a parent of an infant NOT exhausted? We can not control what we do when we are asleep nor can we magically wake up if our baby stops breathing. Also, a monitor can only do so much. Its not medical grade, has tons of false alarms, and will not alert you in time for an actual SIDS event. (They are already gone before it will alert you and there is no resuscitating them.) I've also seen where the Owlet has malfunctioned and burned an infant's foot! Dock-a-Tots are basically a big pillow. A baby could roll to the side and not be able to roll back. They would suffocate! Also, just because your children slept in your bed doesn't mean someone else's will be ok if they do. Thats called survivor's bias. I grew up riding in the car without a seat belt. That doesn't mean my kids can! When you know better, you have to do better! Safe sleep guidelines say they should be Alone, on their Back, and in a Crib. (ABC) If you want to learn more, there is an excellent evidence based safe sleep group on facebook. They can help you and also provide research to back it up. Also, I am not making any claims about how Crew died. I think safe sleep is important to talk about and the misinformation that gets thrown around needs to stop.
Justheretogossip
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Justheretogossip »

iheartyt wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:58 pm BEDSHARING IS NEVER SAFE!! An adult bed is not safe for an infant even if an adult is not present. It is far too soft and can compromise their airway. Also, when is a parent of an infant NOT exhausted? We can not control what we do when we are asleep nor can we magically wake up if our baby stops breathing. Also, a monitor can only do so much. Its not medical grade, has tons of false alarms, and will not alert you in time for an actual SIDS event. (They are already gone before it will alert you and there is no resuscitating them.) I've also seen where the Owlet has malfunctioned and burned an infant's foot! Dock-a-Tots are basically a big pillow. A baby could roll to the side and not be able to roll back. They would suffocate! Also, just because your children slept in your bed doesn't mean someone else's will be ok if they do. Thats called survivor's bias. I grew up riding in the car without a seat belt. That doesn't mean my kids can! When you know better, you have to do better! Safe sleep guidelines say they should be Alone, on their Back, and in a Crib. (ABC) If you want to learn more, there is an excellent evidence based safe sleep group on facebook. They can help you and also provide research to back it up. Also, I am not making any claims about how Crew died. I think safe sleep is important to talk about and the misinformation that gets thrown around needs to stop.
I I do agree that bedsharing is unsafe, for the reasons simply being that you can’t control what you do and what the pillows and blankets around. That would make me so nervous having an infant in a bed with myself and husband who thrashes all over the place. Personally I think the only “safe co sleeping” is when you have an attached cot to the bed and baby stays on that and never on the adult bed.
Taurusmom
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Taurusmom »

When I was little my older brother was at his grandmothers house (we have different dads). His aunt and uncle lived there at the time and had a one month old newborn son. The baby slept in their bed. They woke up one morning and the baby has passed during the night in the bed with them. It was traumatizing for my brother watching everything happen around him. The dad of the baby believed that he rolled over the baby. The situation ruined their marriage as the mother couldn’t forgive him. This was over 20 yrs ago. When i had my first child I knew he would NOT be sleeping in the bed with us.
Adhbrh91
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Adhbrh91 »

It’s the year 2020 and I don’t understand why we are still having the safe sleeping debate. It’s been proven over & over again that bed sharing is not safe yet there are still those people who believe their invisible and that it’s totally safe and ok to do despite what experts say & what statistics show. I wonder if those people also disregard using car seats? And don’t get me started on vaccines.
honestT
Talker
Talker

Unread post by honestT »

Adhbrh91 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:19 pm It’s the year 2020 and I don’t understand why we are still having the safe sleeping debate. It’s been proven over & over again that bed sharing is not safe yet there are still those people who believe their invisible and that it’s totally safe and ok to do despite what experts say & what statistics show. I wonder if those people also disregard using car seats? And don’t get me started on vaccines.
It's usually the same parents that cosleep, toss their baby in a pillow fort for a nap, and glorify unsafe sleep practices are also the same ones who will spend hundreds on an Owlet alarm.
Adhbrh91
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Adhbrh91 »

We have an owlet monitor and we love it. We used it for a year with my first baby & are 4 months into using with with our new baby. I’ve seen people on this site drag it but we’ve had nothing but success with it. The only time it’s ever given a red notification was when my son had RSV and I went to check on him and sure enough he ended up in the ER with low SP02(oxygen), so it was accurate. It’s a helpful tool in situations like that, but like anything else, it needs to be used correctly and isn’t a band-aide to fix stupid - like bed sharing & putting your baby to sleep with pillows and blankets.
Putting an owlet on your baby and then allowing them to sleep in unsafe conditions is like buckling them into a car seat and then just tossing the car seat into the car without securing it.
honestT wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:45 pm
Adhbrh91 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:19 pm It’s the year 2020 and I don’t understand why we are still having the safe sleeping debate. It’s been proven over & over again that bed sharing is not safe yet there are still those people who believe their invisible and that it’s totally safe and ok to do despite what experts say & what statistics show. I wonder if those people also disregard using car seats? And don’t get me started on vaccines.
It's usually the same parents that cosleep, toss their baby in a pillow fort for a nap, and glorify unsafe sleep practices are also the same ones who will spend hundreds on an Owlet alarm.
Littlemama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Littlemama »

So she came on instagram today showing her face making stories thanking everyone. I am sorry but if my child passed away I would not be able to get up and do my hair and put make up on. Idk if I could even get out of bed. I think she is doing what she has to to stay relevant with this story. She ended the story with "see you soon". She is just itching to get back to making videos. I think she would already be posting them if it didn't make her look bad. I mean I know she has other kids she has to continue on for but she just seems like its all a big tv show or something and she seems to not be taking time to really process this and grieve. It just seems like she has to post something everyday to stay relevant. It seems everything is back to normal for them. It is just weird to me...

Return to “Brittani Boren Leach”