Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Drowning in debt, parenting is inept | Part #24

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

kaper wrote:
wishes wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:09 am I refuse to give them views but to have the audacity to ask for prayer when THEY got themselves into this mess by their stupid choices is mind boggling! ESPECIALLY when they could just get SECOND jobs! It’s not like they’re incapable of getting one, they CHOOSE not to. So again, asking for prayer is selfish when prayers should be used for actual serious scenarios.

I frickin hate Katie at this point and actually want them to reap all the bad outcomes they come their way because of their choices THEY made and I hope it comes soon.
Katie is now saying that their hardship is a chapter in the book of their life. The book is already written. The outcome is God's plan, etc. etc. Is she saying it was not her fault for making poor financial decisions, but just fulfilling God's plan? Spirituality is fine, but there is also the 'God helps those who help themselves.' I just feel she is brushing a lot of this off as a simple life lesson, not a disaster that could have been prevented by less vanity and greed.
Yes! Like what they should really be learning from this is that living a lavish lifestyle is not fulfilling. They plan on getting out of debt and going right back to over consuming and wasting money on their wants. But they tithe 10% so that is all that matters I guess!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

playground78
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by playground78 »

Boymomma123 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:47 am They are the type of Christian's who take bits and pieces of the bible and the sermon from church and fit it to their own lifestyle. As a Christian you are also called to be quiet and listen to what you should be doing. Maybe their house not selling, the inconsistent payments from brands and many other signs are God trying to tell them to get second jobs. She talked about God closing doors, maybe he is closing the door on yt and social media for them. But they don't want to hear that so they ignore it.

They think going to church every sunday and reading scripture on their phone for 5 minutes makes them experts on the Christian faith apparently.

Okay so they admitted to having an agent who handles brands deals for them. So what is all this "work" they are doing all day. They don't know what real work is. They are entitled and out of touch with what real people deal with it is insane. I bet her parents sit in their mansion and look down on the poor and blame them for being poor.

I feel awful but I’m praying for their demise! Lol. Seriously. It’s ridiculous at this point. An agent?! They are both lazy entitled idiots. They’ve shipped their kids off to “school” since before they could even talk. And it’s home all day playing for those two. They aren’t working. I’d love to give them truth serum. Katie wakes up, feed the kids garbage pop tarts, and drop them off at school. Cullen just wakes up. They putter around the house browsing social media, disapproving comments which is “working”. Finally after lunch Katie takes an hour to get ready. They sit in the kitchen and record a vlog for an hour. And she rushes off to get the kids. After leaving them in AFTER CARE!
Feed them 73 cent Mac and cheese for supper and put them to bed. Cullen edits. They get boozy. Ugh. They are sickening humans. And they have the audacity to say they are helping people??!! I’m about done.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Of course Valentine's Day is a "big deal" to them. It's all about superficial emotion and showing off.
People who really love each other don't need to make a big deal about it one day a year. They can have a "romantic" dinner anytime.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I seriously cannot shame them about the heart-shaped pizza because it’s from Aldi and it’s like $7.
kaper
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kaper »

I do think Katie's' parents are watching and aware of the debt mess she and Cullen have created. My hope is rather than bailing them out, her parents tell them they either get their act together or as grandparents, they will seek temporary custody of the children until their finances are under control. At the moment, the kids aren't suffering. They have food clothes and housing, but that could spiral down the hole in no time. The kids didn't create this mess, so they shouldn't have to suffer for it.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I am curious to see what purchases Katie was able to justify for Valentine’s Day. I can’t imagine setting aside $50 given the situation that they are in currently. Over $20 on candy/toys at the dollar store seems like overkill when you have $100K of debt and can’t make your mortgage payment. She could have baked cookies with the kids and colored with them. Kids want to be fed and feel safe and loved. Katie has a lot of issues where money, trinkets, presents, pomp etc. equate to love. She thinks that being a good parent is about giving your kids everything they could possibly want, regardless of whether it is beyond your means. She would do them a far greater service by illustrating hard work, honestly, kindness and compassion rather than just showering them with presents. Honestly, I think it's more about Katie being able to take a picture for Instagram and feel like she's a better mom for impressing her followers.

At this point she shouldn't be paying for anything that's not a basic need, whether that's junk food or Valentine's Day trinkets, until they are current on the car, mortgage, and utilities and have money in the bank for next month as well (given how unstable their income has become). She hashtagged that Instagram post "Dave Ramsey would be proud" but he would be appalled by how disorganized and unfocused they are with budgeting and paying down the debt.

They may also be in a hurry to sell the house because the credit card company could theoretically place a lean against the sale of anything they own if they stop making the minimum payments. That’s a reason to rent, if they think that they might just default on the credit card debt.

When, or if, this house sells, I expect a sob video of the two of them explaining that they had no idea they would need to bring money to closing in order to get out from under the mortgage. That house was a huge financial mistake, and they won’t be able to just wipe their hands clean of it by getting it under contract. They overpaid for it to begin with and took out shady financing to make it happen. The reason their house isn’t selling is because they’ve priced it based on the fact that they overpaid for it and used shady financing. It has nothing to do with prayer or superstition.

Another atheist here, I get that it’s comforting for some people to believe that everything in their life is pre-determined. But it sounds like more mental gymnastics to me. They’re trying to make themselves feel better about their poor decisions.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

nutbagmcgee wrote:I seriously cannot shame them about the heart-shaped pizza because it’s from Aldi and it’s like $7.
I don't fault then for that but on top of spending almost $30 on junk for their kids I question. I could give my kids a sucker and say happy valentine's day and they would be thrilled. Kids don't need much and the lower you set their expectations the better it serves them in life I feel .

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

kaper wrote:I do think Katie's' parents are watching and aware of the debt mess she and Cullen have created. My hope is rather than bailing them out, her parents tell them they either get their act together or as grandparents, they will seek temporary custody of the children until their finances are under control. At the moment, the kids aren't suffering. They have food clothes and housing, but that could spiral down the hole in no time. The kids didn't create this mess, so they shouldn't have to suffer for it.
That would be an ugly rabbit hole for her parents to go down. They have no proof of abuse. Those kids are fed, clothed, and bathed. I know of grandparents who have taken their grandchildren and even though the children’s lives were at risk, they had to hire investigators, cps was involved, doctors had to testify. It was ugly and the children still felt torn fro their parents even though they got clean clothes, full bellies, and medical care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Why couldn’t they all make their valentines for each other. Cullen is very artistic and could have made them for the school mates. I hope they did not buy $30 of junk. Teach yourself and your kids to be responsible. Show them how making things out of what you have for your family and friends means just as much if not more.

blondeusa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blondeusa »

kaper wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:44 am I do think Katie's' parents are watching and aware of the debt mess she and Cullen have created. My hope is rather than bailing them out, her parents tell them they either get their act together or as grandparents, they will seek temporary custody of the children until their finances are under control. At the moment, the kids aren't suffering. They have food clothes and housing, but that could spiral down the hole in no time. The kids didn't create this mess, so they shouldn't have to suffer for it.
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. These two are idiots, but their children are safe and well. The fact that you think a court would grant someone custody of thier children because their finances are screwed is beyond unbelievable.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

They mentioned in the end of the video possibly trying to save up to buy new appliances for the kitchen. That must be one of the main complaints the realtor has heard when showing the home.

The appliances besides the fridge do seem pretty dated. The house was built in 89 and the oven seems to be from the 90s. Katie said there is nothing wrong with the house but I beg to differ. If I was going to spend 600k on a house I would definitely want to walk in the door and have a wow factor. Most homes that large and expensive have a grand staircase when you first walk in. Theirs is just one giant room and not very aesthetically pleasing. The house is just not very appealing in an architectural way.

blondeusa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blondeusa »

Boymomma123 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:38 am They mentioned in the end of the video possibly trying to save up to buy new appliances for the kitchen. That must be one of the main complaints the realtor has heard when showing the home.

The appliances besides the fridge do seem pretty dated. The house was built in 89 and the oven seems to be from the 90s. Katie said there is nothing wrong with the house but I beg to differ. If I was going to spend 600k on a house I would definitely want to walk in the door and have a wow factor. Most homes that large and expensive have a grand staircase when you first walk in. Theirs is just one giant room and not very aesthetically pleasing. The house is just not very appealing in an architectural way.

The appliances are definitely dated, but i think the first thing (and cheaper) thing they should try to painting all the rooms neutral colors. I was looking on the zillow ad and Gaines and Brooks' rooms stick out so bad. I know they are kids rooms, but just not ideal for selling. Growing up I had a barbie pink room, which my mom painted over when the house went on the market. It's a part of selling.

Also they need to get rid of the handprints or whatever in the laundry room.

And then yes, if it's still not selling they are gonna have to go for a new oven/ microwave/dishwasher.

I think another issue for them is going to be the curb appeal. The house is pretty, but dated on the outside. I do love the master bath remodel they did though.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

blondeusa wrote:
Boymomma123 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:38 am They mentioned in the end of the video possibly trying to save up to buy new appliances for the kitchen. That must be one of the main complaints the realtor has heard when showing the home.

The appliances are definitely dated, but i think the first thing (and cheaper) thing they should try to painting all the rooms neutral colors. I was looking on the zillow ad and Gaines and Brooks' rooms stick out so bad. I know they are kids rooms, but just not ideal for selling. Growing up I had a barbie pink room, which my mom painted over when the house went on the market. It's a part of selling.

Also they need to get rid of the handprints or whatever in the laundry room.

And then yes, if it's still not selling they are gonna have to go for a new oven/ microwave/dishwasher.

I think another issue for them is going to be the curb appeal. The house is pretty, but dated on the outside. I do love the master bath remodel they did though.
I grew up in DUPONT company country, lots of transfers going on. When a house was on the market and painted the same color throughout they called it the DUPONT whitewash. They sold quicker when it was done. I am sure they were told this, but have an excuse as to why they can’t. Main excuse is they have no money for paint oh wait if they did not spend $50 on Valentine’s Day they would have it.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Cullen and Katie: Drowning in debt, parenting is inept | Part #24

Unread post by chloe6124 »

They could put in the listing that they will give a seller a credit for new appliances. Then instead of paying out the cash or putting it on credit it comes out of the price of the house when they close. They can also paint the kids room a neutral and do it themselves pretty inexpensive.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

chloe6124 wrote:They could put in the listing that they will give a seller a credit for new appliances. Then instead of paying out the cash or putting it on credit it comes out of the price of the house when they close. They can also paint the kids room a neutral and do it themselves pretty inexpensive.

They could do a lot of things that may help sell the house that are inexpensive. But we are talking about C&K, the two grown adults pushing 40 who think budgeting $50 for valentine's day in the midst of a financial crisis is necessary.

I really think the big draw back to that house it you walk in the front door and think what the hell are we going to do with this room?

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

They won't be making a cent selling the house. They definitely OWE way more than it's going to sell for (and add in fees, back mortgage payments, etc.). They should take it off the market until spring when families with kids start looking to buy. Families move over summer break to make the transition easier for the kids.

They listed their house in July. That was super dumb.
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Boymomma123 wrote:
chloe6124 wrote:They could put in the listing that they will give a seller a credit for new appliances. Then instead of paying out the cash or putting it on credit it comes out of the price of the house when they close. They can also paint the kids room a neutral and do it themselves pretty inexpensive.

They could do a lot of things that may help sell the house that are inexpensive. But we are talking about C&K, the two grown adults pushing 40 who think budgeting $50 for valentine's day in the midst of a financial crisis is necessary.

I really think the big draw back to that house it you walk in the front door and think what the hell are we going to do with this room?

I would have to really look at it but maybe the house isn’t staged properly. Is it a room off to the side when you walk in. It could be staged as a office or something like that. I don’t know exactly what the layout of their house looks like. They have dropped the price enough maybe they will get more interest once spring hits. Winter season is such a bad time to sell a house. Parents don’t want to change schools with kids ect.

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

chloe6124 wrote:
Boymomma123 wrote:

I would have to really look at it but maybe the house isn’t staged properly. Is it a room off to the side when you walk in. It could be staged as a office or something like that. I don’t know exactly what the layout of their house looks like. They have dropped the price enough maybe they will get more interest once spring hits. Winter season is such a bad time to sell a house. Parents don’t want to change schools with kids ect.

It just a giant room as soon as you walk in the front door. I don’t know what else could be done with it other than what they have now, which is basically a dining room on one side and a “formal” sitting room (aka room no one uses) on the other.

The layout of the house is pretty wierd. Even looking at all the Zillow pictures (and having watched their vlogs,) I couldn’t tell you what door leads to which room other than the kitchen/playroom/family room.
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

angelfire89 wrote:
chloe6124 wrote:
Boymomma123 wrote:They could do a lot of things that may help sell the house that are inexpensive. But we are talking about C&K, the two grown adults pushing 40 who think budgeting $50 for valentine's day in the midst of a financial crisis is necessary.

It just a giant room as soon as you walk in the front door. I don’t know what else could be done with it other than what they have now, which is basically a dining room on one side and a “formal” sitting room (aka room no one uses) on the other.

The layout of the house is pretty wierd. Even looking at all the Zillow pictures (and having watched their vlogs,) I couldn’t tell you what door leads to which room other than the kitchen/playroom/family room.
I will have to go look at the pictures.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ok I see what you you mean by that huge open room. The house is beautiful and a very pretty lot. There has to be something wrong with it taking so long to sell.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”