Not Enough Nelsons | Cringey LDS MegaFamiLee

HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Not Enough Nelsons | Cringey LDS MegaFamiLee

Unread post by HeyKatie »

Brazilnut wrote:After their main floor tour, in which we can see all the remodeling and redecorating they've done, I'm convinced their "house shopping" video was either for content OR they were actually looking for a house for Kass & Josh or JourNee and her mystery boyfriend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They said in their Q&A that they won’t be moving until they just have 5 kids at home, and even then it’s not a definite.

itslaurlmao
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by itslaurlmao »

their clickbait is becoming too much for me... kass just uploaded a video titled "I THOUGHT HE DiED... *He WASN'T Breathing* | Emergency Room 🚨" and everyone (including myself) thought it was about josh. kind of messed up that she'd clickbait something about death. it was her puppy she was talking about, which is obviously still sad and scary, but come on.... she's wrong for clickbaiting people like that.
Brazilnut
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Brazilnut »

thesemouse8 wrote:It seems to me like there will be three weddings in the next three years - Jaine, JourNee, and KennaDee. Hope they have three more random apartments attached to their house so that all the married children can live in the Nelson house and make youtube content forever. I think most of Kenn's friends are returned missionaries, so I presume her boyfriend is too, which means I wouldn't be surprised if we see an engagement in the next three to six months, since that would be pretty typical for someone her age in LDS culture.

I also just cannot get over how lax this family is with masks and general covid etiquette, especially with some of the kids having breathing issues.

As a random aside, I am struck in every video that includes Josh by just how bland he is. If that man has a personality, it is buried somewhere deep, deep inside of him.

I wish this thread was more active!! This family has a pretty large following and there is so much worth snarking on!
Jaine is probably not getting married in the next three years. She has said she wants to do some, or all, college and then go on a mission. Her boyfriend, naturally, will go on a 2 year mission. KassaDee waited for her boyfriend to come back. We don't know how serious they are, but if she's thinking of a mission AFTER college then that's at least five and a half years from her graduation.

Lauralou_15
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lauralou_15 »

Brazilnut wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:11 pm
thesemouse8 wrote:It seems to me like there will be three weddings in the next three years - Jaine, JourNee, and KennaDee. Hope they have three more random apartments attached to their house so that all the married children can live in the Nelson house and make youtube content forever. I think most of Kenn's friends are returned missionaries, so I presume her boyfriend is too, which means I wouldn't be surprised if we see an engagement in the next three to six months, since that would be pretty typical for someone her age in LDS culture.

I also just cannot get over how lax this family is with masks and general covid etiquette, especially with some of the kids having breathing issues.

As a random aside, I am struck in every video that includes Josh by just how bland he is. If that man has a personality, it is buried somewhere deep, deep inside of him.

I wish this thread was more active!! This family has a pretty large following and there is so much worth snarking on!
Jaine is probably not getting married in the next three years. She has said she wants to do some, or all, college and then go on a mission. Her boyfriend, naturally, will go on a 2 year mission. KassaDee waited for her boyfriend to come back. We don't know how serious they are, but if she's thinking of a mission AFTER college then that's at least five and a half years from her graduation.

I’m pretty sure she said she’s considering if you just do a semester at college before her mission or just straight into the mission
Brazilnut
Talker
Talker

Lauralou_15 wrote:

I’m pretty sure she said she’s considering if you just do a semester at college before her mission or just straight into the mission
I thought she said she didn't know if she was gonna do a semester before the mission or the whole college and then the mission. I could definitely be wrong.

Also, I think this thread is not very active because the vast majority of their public is actually children and teenagers, and snaking about them is not in their interests, I would assume.
thesemouse8
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by thesemouse8 »

Lauralou_15 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:51 pm

I think that it's pretty common for LDS people to get married while still in college (because, you know, they want to have sex), especially because often they've gone on a mission either before or part way through college and are therefore two years older than their peers who haven't gone on missions.

I think it's strange how when they talk about missions on their channel they make them seem as secular as possible. They always talk about how they're going to "serve" the people of the place they're going, which makes it sound like they're doing actual service work when in reality they are going to try to convert people to their cult religion.
thesemouse8
Amateur
Amateur

itslaurlmao wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:55 pm their clickbait is becoming too much for me... kass just uploaded a video titled "I THOUGHT HE DiED... *He WASN'T Breathing* | Emergency Room 🚨" and everyone (including myself) thought it was about josh. kind of messed up that she'd clickbait something about death. it was her puppy she was talking about, which is obviously still sad and scary, but come on.... she's wrong for clickbaiting people like that.
They are such prolific clickbaters. It is terribly irritating to me, but I'd assume they're doing it because it works to get their main audience (children and teens) to click. Like when they did Jainee's room makeover the title was like "her boyfriend helps!!" when in reality you don't even see Cam, they just mention his name once that he helped hang curtains or something.
Brazilnut
Talker
Talker

thesemouse8 wrote:
Brazilnut wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:11 pm Jaine is probably not getting married in the next three years. She has said she wants to do some, or all, college and then go on a mission. Her boyfriend, naturally, will go on a 2 year mission. KassaDee waited for her boyfriend to come back. We don't know how serious they are, but if she's thinking of a mission AFTER college then that's at least five and a half years from her graduation.

I think that it's pretty common for LDS people to get married while still in college (because, you know, they want to have sex), especially because often they've gone on a mission either before or part way through college and are therefore two years older than their peers who haven't gone on missions.

I think it's strange how when they talk about missions on their channel they make them seem as secular as possible. They always talk about how they're going to "serve" the people of the place they're going, which makes it sound like they're doing actual service work when in reality they are going to try to convert people to their cult religion.
Only single people can serve missions. If she wants to serve hers after college, then that's four more years single, plus one and a half at her mission.
thesemouse8
Amateur
Amateur

Brazilnut wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:40 pm
thesemouse8 wrote:

Only single people can serve missions. If she wants to serve hers after college, then that's four more years single, plus one and a half at her mission.
A lot of mormons will go to college for a semester and then leave to serve their mission, then go back to college. In that case it's not uncommon for people to get married after the mission while still in college.
jac
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jac »

Their house is the oddest house that I have ever seen. Dont get me wrong I would be fun to live in that space but so many unique rooms.

I dont know how you would go about selling a house like that in the future
elle_fantastic
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by elle_fantastic »

snomihcs wrote:I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about this family on here. They are a family of 16 kids, 7 biological and 9 adopted. All of the girls have names that end in EE and have weird spelling/capitalization. I don't watch their videos often but when I do it is always very cringey and staged. Their latest video is what got me searching here again and made me create a new topic. It shows them getting a new "party bus". Most of the seats in the bus are on the sides of the interior, facing the middle. There are only lap belts. The youngest six kids need car seats and booster seats. How do they plan on installing these and keeping their kids safe in the vehicle? When I saw the title of the video I assumed it was a safe 15 passenger van or something (since the oldest 5 are legally adults and likely have their own cars). The car they got is a legit party bus and the one they were replacing is equally as terrifying from a safety standpoint. My mind is blown.

Here is the video for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbGsI4pUVw
I am so glad you posted this! I just found this family & I can’t stop watching them! I can’t decide if I like them or of I don’t. Are they fake!?? Idk yet!

elle_fantastic
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by elle_fantastic »

autumnzz_spring wrote:Honestly the names are so sad, like NayVee? if your going to add an ee to the end of each name, then at least name them like, Aubree, Karlee,Rylee, ya know, names that could actually just be spelt like that.
AND she’s the only ones that’s ethnic and used to be named destiny. That name fit her & I think would’ve been so much better.

Brazilnut
Talker
Talker

jac wrote:Their house is the oddest house that I have ever seen. Dont get me wrong I would be fun to live in that space but so many unique rooms.

I dont know how you would go about selling a house like that in the future
Another very large Mormon family or a polygamist family. Not too hard to find in Utah.

CamilaCabello
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CamilaCabello »

elle_fantastic wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:07 pm
autumnzz_spring wrote:Honestly the names are so sad, like NayVee? if your going to add an ee to the end of each name, then at least name them like, Aubree, Karlee,Rylee, ya know, names that could actually just be spelt like that.
AND she’s the only ones that’s ethnic and used to be named destiny. That name fit her & I think would’ve been so much better.

her name was Unique before she was adopted. Destiny was her middle name i believe. Regardless, Nayvee picked her new name.
haterade
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by haterade »

CamilaCabello wrote:
elle_fantastic wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:07 pm

her name was Unique before she was adopted. Destiny was her middle name i believe. Regardless, Nayvee picked her new name.
Yeah her name was originally Unique Destiny. They definitely could have done DestiNee or some bullshit, but NayVee said her mom gave her a list of names to choose from. The top contenders were NayVee and CeciLee (no idea if that was the spelling).

itslaurlmao
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by itslaurlmao »

Honestly I really like the name if it was spelled “Navy” but that’s obviously a personal opinion hahaha

I watched their recent video and it’s kind of odd to me that they’re so quick to take Luke out of school because of bullying. I’m all for doing whatever it takes to ensure your kids and happy and healthy but just letting him not go seems weird. I also hate to make assumptions, but he is very obviously gay. I hope they let him be who he is. He seems like a really sweet, funny kid. They already push the “Luke and all his girlfriends!!!” thing in videos and that’s just so detrimental to a gay child’s mentality.

Brazilnut
Talker
Talker

Side note, I love how to Americans "ethnic" is everything other than "white". Like, "white" is an ethnicity, you guys, everyone has an ethnicity and is therefore "ethnic". NayVee is Cherokee, by the way.

felolo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by felolo »

itslaurlmao wrote:Honestly I really like the name if it was spelled “Navy” but that’s obviously a personal opinion hahaha

I watched their recent video and it’s kind of odd to me that they’re so quick to take Luke out of school because of bullying. I’m all for doing whatever it takes to ensure your kids and happy and healthy but just letting him not go seems weird. I also hate to make assumptions, but he is very obviously gay. I hope they let him be who he is. He seems like a really sweet, funny kid. They already push the “Luke and all his girlfriends!!!” thing in videos and that’s just so detrimental to a gay child’s mentality.

I am from a country where homeschooling is not allowed by law, so when my friend's son got bullied (he is 12) he started to have these "tummy issues" as well and just refused going to school for at least six months. that's against the law, so she needed to make sure to get him to the doctor every week and get prove of him being sick, otherwise she would have gotten legal issues. thanks to covid he got to homeschool as everyone else and did so much better, even went back to school after the lockdown. without it, he would had been send to a mental health clinic, because there are no other options available, when someone just can't attend school.
pulling luke out of school might seem a little harsh, but it is a great option to asure his mental health long term..and if it is possible, why not try? he can always go back.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Brazilnut
Talker
Talker

itslaurlmao wrote:Honestly I really like the name if it was spelled “Navy” but that’s obviously a personal opinion hahaha

I'm very inclined to thinking the bullying is due to his perceived sexuality. He has mannerisms that are traditionally associated to being gay, whether he is or not, and that could definitely be a reason for bullying. They mentioned he spends a lot of time with girls at school: he grew up with so many girls in his family and so is more comfortable with it, but it's also something that tends to happen with gay boys. We've seen him care a lot about his appearance, dance very well and do his sisters' hairs. Again, these are all stereotypes, but they're probably the biggest gay stereotypes ever: the gay hairdresser with all his female friends who loves to dance and cares about the way he looks, and so there really could be something behind it.

However, I grew up identifying with most of the lesbian stereotypes and everyone around me, friends, teachers and family thought I would turn out gay, but I'm just a tomboyish straight girl, so I don't want to jump to conclusions here. When I was his age, EVERYONE would say without a shadow of a doubt I was / would be gay.

haterade
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by haterade »

Brazilnut wrote:

I'm very inclined to thinking the bullying is due to his perceived sexuality. He has mannerisms that are traditionally associated to being gay, whether he is or not, and that could definitely be a reason for bullying. They mentioned he spends a lot of time with girls at school: he grew up with so many girls in his family and so is more comfortable with it, but it's also something that tends to happen with gay boys. We've seen him care a lot about his appearance, dance very well and do his sisters' hairs. Again, these are all stereotypes, but they're probably the biggest gay stereotypes ever: the gay hairdresser with all his female friends who loves to dance and cares about the way he looks, and so there really could be something behind it.

However, I grew up identifying with most of the lesbian stereotypes and everyone around me, friends, teachers and family thought I would turn out gay, but I'm just a tomboyish straight girl, so I don't want to jump to conclusions here. When I was his age, EVERYONE would say without a shadow of a doubt I was / would be gay.

It’s sad because this family is so clearly anti-LGBTQ+. They’ve made some sketchy comments here and there, but they also have these very heteronormative discussions with their kids. They even promoted DelayNee having two “boyfriends” in their Valentine video.

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”