Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Feeding Your Kids Leftovers and Emotions | Part 15

Unread post by Alwaystired »

Audrey3196 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:24 pm
Alwaystired wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:09 pm
Audrey3196 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:10 am The thing that infuriates me the most about Kevin and Ruby is they are hellbent on proving that everyone is overreacting to the coronavirus. But we should overreact! Overreactions means less people will die, and hospitals will have adequate staffing and supplies! Civilians shouldn’t be overreacting by panic buying, but our social systems should. Overreacting doesn’t mean there was a lack of understanding and people let their emotions win. It means we wanted to be prepared to save as many people as possible! And the truth is we may never know if we overreacted but thanks to people like them it will become apparent in the next few weeks that there were people under reacting.
I think there is a difference between overreacting, and panicking, sure be cautions of EVERYONE you can have CV-19 without showing any symptoms, but I don't think living in fear of "OMG if I go outside for a split second I'm going to get it." And panic buying is the stupidest thing only because you are also putting others in danger of not eating, Or buying all the soap... that is putting others at risk as well. I guess what Im saying is. Sure, be concerned about yourself but think of others too. (Sorry long post)
Oh I absolutely agree! By overreactions I mean we should have shelter in place orders, only one person per family should be doing the shopping, only buying what you need, and using cloth face coverings when in public. What makes me mad about them is when all of this is over they’re going to vilify those who practiced extreme caution by saying they let their emotions get the best of them and Ruby will turn it into a life coaching session. We may never know which step was the exact reason the disease was controlled which is why being overly cautious isn’t a bad thing.
Exactly!
Baconandlard
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Baconandlard »

I live in Spain and the situation is extremely dramatic. Here not even children can leave the house. My three year old has not stepped outside since march 14th and has been out of school since march 10th. Only by social distancing things get better, Here slowly. In other countries that practiced it way earlier the curve is much flatter. The people you see out in the street are going and returning from work and several elderly that think they will not get sick. I know several healthy people that havent made it though the illness. Its amazing how Ruby is so ignorant and careless. She ought to know how to read, right? She is lucky if she avoids getting sick as well as her undernourished family.
Jamie_123
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jamie_123 »

Audrey3196 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:10 am The thing that infuriates me the most about Kevin and Ruby is they are hellbent on proving that everyone is overreacting to the coronavirus. But we should overreact! Overreactions means less people will die, and hospitals will have adequate staffing and supplies! Civilians shouldn’t be overreacting by panic buying, but our social systems should. Overreacting doesn’t mean there was a lack of understanding and people let their emotions win. It means we wanted to be prepared to save as many people as possible! And the truth is we may never know if we overreacted but thanks to people like them it will become apparent in the next few weeks that there were people under reacting.
They're way too obsessed with themselves. They don't care about other people. I'm tired of hearing Ruby say how much she loves being in quarantine and having the kids home. Sure it's fun for her, because she can do her 'job' from home. Millions of people are home trying to make ends meet. Some people are in a violent situation at home and have no way to escape now. Some kids don't have phones or laptops to access Zoom classes. But sure it's fun for a rich woman who doesn't really have a job.

On top of that thousands of people are dying everyday. Alone, because visitations are not allowed. In Italy they have to choose which person they're going to give the ventilator, so basically choosing which person they want to give a chance to survive. Have they learned nothing? Aren't Italy and Spain showing us how bad it can get?

But sure, everone is overreacting and quarantine is fun. Show some compassion, woman!
How you doin'?
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

New Thread coming tomorrow morning

Go and suggest some titles for the new thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Sent from my LM-X210 using Tapatalk

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

cvntlord0606 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:18 pm they really had breakfast burritos for dinner. atleast throw some vegetables in there for god's sake. idk if it's a mormon thing or a griffiths thing but i swear i heard julie (ruby's sister) say they were having oatmeal for dinner in the vlog where abby and julie babysit the kids. what is with breakfast for dinner?
I was watching an old Bonnie vlog where she said she fed her kids apple sauce for dinner. Why are they so proud of themselves for being such neglectful parents?
eloise92
Talker
Talker

Unread post by eloise92 »

So Ruby only just realised that Eve
a) is doing half the video 'school'
b) doesn't understand numbers

She should know this from talking to Eve, not even from homework but just from natural home learning. Like where a kid plays shop or helps cook.

Ruby thinks it's great?! Yes you can see exactly what the teacher is doing but the teacher has no idea if the child understands!
Audrey3196
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Audrey3196 »

Of course Ruby loves the new school situation, probably because it’s barely a school day and we know how little she values education. Chad is probably the kid who has the best situation by being given assignments to do each day instead of watching the teacher do the work for them. If I worked at the private school I would be so incredibly annoyed by how not involved Ruby is. I imagine the other parents in eves class aren’t letting their kids be “at school” without any supervision or guidance.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

Audrey3196 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:10 am Of course Ruby loves the new school situation, probably because it’s barely a school day and we know how little she values education. Chad is probably the kid who has the best situation by being given assignments to do each day instead of watching the teacher do the work for them. If I worked at the private school I would be so incredibly annoyed by how not involved Ruby is. I imagine the other parents in eves class aren’t letting their kids be “at school” without any supervision or guidance.
If we weren't already aware of it, today's vlog shows how much Ruby is disconnected from her children's education. How in the world has Eve gone this long only sitting in for 45 minutes each day. Why would Ruby not have picked up on this the first or second day. Oh, I know, Shari is too busy with her classes, so she hasn't had the chance to check on her sister.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Unreal. There's probably at least $25 000 dollars worth of equipment there and yet no actual support for a 6 year old who is wandering around getting snacks during school time.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

We used to do breakfast for dinner as a treat sometimes. But it wasn't oatmeal or applesauce. We'd have pancakes or waffles and a protein, or eggs and bacon.
They really are the weirdest family. And people look up to them as parenting role models! I know I say that a lot, but I just don't understand. Do people just read the blather that they put on Instagram about how much they loooove their children, and not actually watch the vlogs and hear the things they say and see how they _actually_ parent? That's the only reason I can see.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

thefworld
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by thefworld »

lmmomSD wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:55 am We used to do breakfast for dinner as a treat sometimes. But it wasn't oatmeal or applesauce. We'd have pancakes or waffles and a protein, or eggs and bacon.
They really are the weirdest family. And people look up to them as parenting role models! I know I say that a lot, but I just don't understand. Do people just read the blather that they put on Instagram about how much they loooove their children, and not actually watch the vlogs and hear the things they say and see how they _actually_ parent? That's the only reason I can see.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I think that's exactly what it is...and the hardcore stans are probably teenagers who might have not yet developed critical thinking or just wish they had a family like theirs to escape their own reality for a bit.
I used to love all of the Griffith's sisters and their vlogs, especially Ruby and Bonnie. That was before the youtube fame blew up their ego. I cannot stand their complaining and whining about things and especially not taking criticism and always saying it is hate. No it is not.... constructive criticism, expressed in a fair and non-rude manner, is actually healthy. How can one survive in this world without being able to take criticism, especially if they choose themselves to plaster their lives on youtube for the entire world to see? You gotta have some stamina then!

Give it a few years time and they are all history...the kids grow up and won't be part of the vlogs anymore and the stans have grown up too. there will be a new thing the young people will run after, a new era and phase of life. And she will be left in her big mansion, wishing for all the kids and grandkids to come back when in reality most of the kids will be glad they escaped that house and live their own life.

I root for Julie and Chad to break free and do their own thing!
Jamie Love
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jamie Love »

Soooo Ruby realizes that Russel hasn't bathed in 8 days and Eve in 6....and she laughs! that's disgusting and they have to nerve to let the children be on the counters and have their bare feet basically in the food. If the younger kids don't have basic hygiene skills now, its going to be harder for them to learn in the future. No wonder the family has hygiene issues, I wonder if they actually stink in real life 🤢🤮
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

Jamie Love wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:59 am Soooo Ruby realizes that Russel hasn't bathed in 8 days and Eve in 6....and she laughs! that's disgusting and they have to nerve to let the children be on the counters and have their bare feet basically in the food. If the younger kids don't have basic hygiene skills now, its going to be harder for them to learn in the future. No wonder the family has hygiene issues, I wonder if they actually stink in real life 🤢🤮
She must sit in her room and tune everything "kid" out. How does a mom not know what is going on with her young children--bath time, bed time, school work. Her kids really are on their own. Maybe that's why so many of her fans think she is a great mom, because she just leaves you alone, in every sense of the word. I cannot think of any reason to put Ruby + Great Mom in the same sentence.
emma2948
Talker
Talker

Unread post by emma2948 »

I know this may seem a bit nitpicky, but I couldn't help myself. Shari says that Ruby's pancakes have gotten worse over the past couple years (not surprised, considering Ruby doesn't give a flying shit about what she feeds her kids) and she (Shari) has put herself in charge of making the pancakes that day (basically she's making breakfast for the family) even though that is Ruby and Kevin's job to provide (especially to the little kids) with proper meals. And they (Ruby and Kevin) just came back from vacation (chilling, not doing much work) so they should be ready to take care of their kids again and be the ones in charge (at LEAST cooking meals for their children). Also, I find it hilarious that Shari doesn't use the Griffiths stupid fucking cookbook to make pancakes (clearly that book is a piece of shit if they don't even use it themselves).
emma2948
Talker
Talker

emma2948 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:47 am I know this may seem a bit nitpicky, but I couldn't help myself. Shari says that Ruby's pancakes have gotten worse over the past couple years (not surprised, considering Ruby doesn't give a flying shit about what she feeds her kids) and she (Shari) has put herself in charge of making the pancakes that day (basically she's making breakfast for the family) even though that is Ruby and Kevin's job to provide (especially to the little kids) with proper meals. And they (Ruby and Kevin) just came back from vacation (chilling, not doing much work) so they should be ready to take care of their kids again and be the ones in charge (at LEAST cooking meals for their children). Also, I find it hilarious that Shari doesn't use the Griffiths stupid fucking cookbook to make pancakes (clearly that book is a piece of shit if they don't even use it themselves).
Also, Ruby said she picked the pancake recipe which she thought was the best (probably from their stupid cookbook and ALL the kids seem to dislike Ruby's stupid pancakes. Abby even says they are "black and soggy" 🤮. So they are burnt and undercooked?

MAYBE INSTEAD OF TAKING LIFE COACH LESSONS, SHE SHOULD TAKE COOKING LESSONS. GOD ONLY KNOWS THE LAST TIME THOSE KIDS HAD A PROPER FUCKING MEAL.
emma2948
Talker
Talker

Why didn't the kids ever get a desk and chair for each of their rooms? For me, it just is easier to concentrate when you have a set space where you can learn rather than having to study in the common kitchen/living area? Maybe all the kids may not learn best like this, but I'm sure some of them (especially the older ones) would rather study in their rooms by themselves without any distractions. But if they did that, it wouldn't be that easy for Ruby to film them all I guess 🤷🏾‍♀️😑
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

emma2948 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:47 am I know this may seem a bit nitpicky, but I couldn't help myself. Shari says that Ruby's pancakes have gotten worse over the past couple years (not surprised, considering Ruby doesn't give a flying shit about what she feeds her kids) and she (Shari) has put herself in charge of making the pancakes that day (basically she's making breakfast for the family) even though that is Ruby and Kevin's job to provide (especially to the little kids) with proper meals. And they (Ruby and Kevin) just came back from vacation (chilling, not doing much work) so they should be ready to take care of their kids again and be the ones in charge (at LEAST cooking meals for their children). Also, I find it hilarious that Shari doesn't use the Griffiths stupid fucking cookbook to make pancakes (clearly that book is a piece of shit if they don't even use it themselves).

Ruby might be doing it on purpose so she won't ever have to cook anything again to her kids. She's manipulating Shari so she and the girls can take over that task eventually. That's my suspicion.
Ruby is never clueless about making money or things that interest her.
emma2948
Talker
Talker

Namm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:18 am

Ruby might be doing it on purpose so she won't ever have to cook anything again to her kids. She's manipulating Shari so she and the girls can take over that task eventually. That's my suspicion.
I know the chances of Eve and Russel leaving and never coming back are slim to none, since they have been manipulated since such a young age, but I really hope (at the very least) Shari, Chad ,Julie and Abbey leave the house once they are 18, make a life for themselves, and use their self-survival skills (that they've learnt while their parents were not taking care of them) to good use.
Audrey3196
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Audrey3196 »

Also, Eve should not be left alone in her room while doing school. She should be down in the kitchen where she can be properly supervised. Honestly Shari is probably the only kid who is independent enough to do her work in her room. I remember being Abbys age and still asking my parents for help with homework. The older kids definitely don’t need to be closely monitored but would probably benefit from being in a common space while doing school. The fact that Ruby just lets them do whatever they want is irresponsible and their educations will suffer.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

emma2948 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:52 am
Namm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:18 am

I know the chances of Eve and Russel leaving and never coming back are slim to none, since they have been manipulated since such a young age, but I really hope (at the very least) Shari, Chad ,Julie and Abbey leave the house once they are 18, make a life for themselves, and use their self-survival skills (that they've learnt while their parents were not taking care of them) to good use.
Ruby did a vlog a couple of weeks ago where she said the kids "have" to leave her house once they turn 18. As far as moving far away? I doubt it - they seem to live in a bubble.

Return to “8 Passengers”