Ellie & Jared: Righteous Ellie wants designer baby! | Part #126

yoyo16
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellie & Jared: Righteous Ellie wants designer baby! | Part #126

Unread post by yoyo16 »

ba1006 wrote:I loved 'ice palace'. What are we going to name this new place?
We should call it the “desert palace”

It’s really going to be the house that temporarily “heals” Ellie’s illnesses because I guarantee her complaints will disappear while in this process up until she’s bored and needs something else to be busy with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

ba1006 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:37 pm I loved 'ice palace'. What are we going to name this new place?
Sand castle!!
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

The snow cone

stylesp1girl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by stylesp1girl »

Holy Crap! I just found Ellie and Jared’s house on Utah land records. It says Bonnie and Joel own it with them!
emlyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by emlyx »

stylesp1girl wrote:Holy Crap! I just found Ellie and Jared’s house on Utah land records. It says Bonnie and Joel own it with them!
Maybe that's the other land they have

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Z3phyr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Z3phyr »

stylesp1girl wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:41 pm Holy Crap! I just found Ellie and Jared’s house on Utah land records. It says Bonnie and Joel own it with them!
The house they recently sold? I thought they just bought a land parcel.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

stylesp1girl wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:41 pm Holy Crap! I just found Ellie and Jared’s house on Utah land records. It says Bonnie and Joel own it with them!
That’s the land they own with Bonnie and Joel.
Bundy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bundy »

Ok, let’s get some things straight.

E+J’s old house (the ice palace) is now under the new owners name according to the county assessor website

The land that they purchased with Bonnie and Joel is still under both couples names... we’ll see how long that lasts

The new lot that they showed on their vlog ... right next to a school 0.47 acres... is NOT in Ellie and Jared’s name. And it’s actually in Washington County, not St George. It appears as though somebody else bought it in June (a mid 30’s couple, the husband is an account manager for T-Mobile).

My guess is the house plans didn’t work on that lot. The fact they were so precise with those details seems suss to me. We’ll see how it all pans out though. It is absolutely crazy how much information is public in the US!

Bundy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bundy »

“You’ll see what happens soon”

Why do they have to try and build up suspense like that? They filmed about 12 videos in advance and are posting weeks after things have actually happened.

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202007 ... ee4687.jpg[/IMG]

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Bundy wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:54 pm

The new lot that they showed on their vlog ... right next to a school 0.47 acres... is NOT in Ellie and Jared’s name. And it’s actually in Washington County, not St George.
The fact they were so precise with those details seems suss to me. We’ll see how it all pans out though. It is absolutely crazy how much information is public in the US!
St. George is the largest city in Washington County and there is a Washington city that is part of the St. George metropolitan area...they are less than ten minutes apart. It is a little confusing. Utah gives out more property information than most states. Some Americans will refer to where they are living by saying they are from the more known larger city (St. George) or say they live outside of St. George. I don't fault them by saying they moved to St. George.
PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

YTIG60 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:34 pm

The new lot that they showed on their vlog ... right next to a school 0.47 acres... is NOT in Ellie and Jared’s name. And it’s actually in Washington County, not St George.
The fact they were so precise with those details seems suss to me. We’ll see how it all pans out though. It is absolutely crazy how much information is public in the US!
St. George is the largest city in Washington County and there is a Washington city that is part of the St. George metropolitan area...they are less than ten minutes apart. It is a little confusing. Utah gives out more property information than most states. Some Americans will refer to where they are living by saying they are from the more known larger city (St. George) or say they live outside of St. George. I don't fault them by saying they moved to St. George.
Exactly! I live in the Delaware Valley in the Philadelphia region and believe me though I don't live in the actual city and I'm in the suburbs 15 miles outside of the city I'm still Philly through and through. When people ask me what town I live in I always say the next town over from mine which is a much larger town and more well known then the town I live in.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

They've definitely made a ton from YT and SM. Remember when Ellie accidentally leaked their budget and it was more than anyone here thought they were making. They were putting a ton in savings. They also sold their house really fast, so they also have that money. The fact they've been able to run Bollie this long also means they have major $$$$$ in the bank. Even Ruby shut down her "fashion line" because of the cost.

They really never seemed to spend much. Free car, free trips, free clothes.

I'm guessing they can afford a $1M house. YTers make a lot more than people expect.

PS, it was weird that Julie tried to get out of the speeding ticket by saying they were listening to Tucker Carlson on the radio. Like, WTH?
Bundy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bundy »

YTIG60 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:34 pm

Thanks for the geography lesson Image
Sorry, what I meant was that the location of their new lot was not within the St George parcel map which is what people were referring to a few pages ago.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

imoverit wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:17 pm
ba1006 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:37 pm I loved 'ice palace'. What are we going to name this new place?
Sand castle!!
Sand castle is great. The symbolism is there...
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

rosie_dalia wrote:They've definitely made a ton from YT and SM. Remember when Ellie accidentally leaked their budget and it was more than anyone here thought they were making. They were putting a ton in savings. They also sold their house really fast, so they also have that money. The fact they've been able to run Bollie this long also means they have major $$$$$ in the bank. Even Ruby shut down her "fashion line" because of the cost.

They really never seemed to spend much. Free car, free trips, free clothes.

I'm guessing they can afford a $1M house. YTers make a lot more than people expect.

PS, it was weird that Julie tried to get out of the speeding ticket by saying they were listening to Tucker Carlson on the radio. Like, WTH?
It was right within the social blade parameters so it wasn’t unexpected. People here were shocked that their budget was allocated the way it was. They weren’t putting a ton into retirement ($3600 on an estimated $50k budget) and a lot of money was going to and “..rents” and “...andy.” For the money they were making people here were surprised that MORE wasn’t going into retirement/savings. When you’ve had a monthly income of $50k for awhile, it has to be pretty depressing to lose all that and drop down to a fraction of what you once had. It has to be even harder to face this humble pie as you watch the siblings and friends you once had more success than, pass by you in income, popularity and savings. I’d probably want an entire life change too! No doubt E&J feel like they “made” the others and it isn’t fair for them to be toward the bottom of the pecking order again.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

That screenshot of their budget was a few years ago. I think it was even before they had to start paying for Ellie's insurance. They were at their peak at that point. Their views and Instagram ads have been way down. They've put out much fewer videos for the last 6 months and have probably been living on savings. Plus, all of Ellie's mystery ailments and diagnostic testing weren't cheap, and the trips for Bollie weren't free. They put a lot of ridiculous extras in the Ice Palace. The dog shower that was never used, the boulders on the lot-- they may have sold it but I don't know if they got their investment back. If money is flowing in, why doesn't Jared get his surgery (besides Ellie not wanting him to be the center of attention, and not wanting to have to step up and parent the kids) As HS said, just because they can get the loan doesn't necessarily mean they should. They seem to believe (at least Ellie does) that "God will provide". She once said that their YT success showed that they were living right because God was rewarding them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202007 ... 39a57a.jpg[/IMG]

This budget was at the peak of their success. Ellie originally crossed out the $40k she had estimated and wrote in the exact figures. They made $10k more than expected. They also had the free van at the time. Adpocalypse started right around this time and earnings went way down across the platform. A few months after this budget they had to return the van and Ellie drove that used SUV they bought. Ellie also started resenting the viewers around this time.

I think “afford” is very relative and is what is being debated on this board more than how much E&J earned. If at their peak they brought in $600k in a year and still carried “a small mortgage,” then we can assume they didn’t make as much the year prior. We know income fell shortly after this because creators across the platform were upset about it. Many family vloggers started talking about “budgets” indicating a revenue decrease. It would be very generous to say they made 2 million in the last 6 years on YT. This averages out to just over $300k a year. A great wage for sure, but they weren’t exactly set for life. That money is way down now. Even with a lot of things free and assuming they had saved every penny of that money, another new build in a million dollar neighbourhood is a stretch longterm. The larger the home and fancier the neighbourhood, the more even a paid off home is going to cost every year.... plus keeping up with the Joneses goes so much farther than nice vehicles, gardens and landscaping!

Ellie sunk a lot of their peak earnings into the Ice Palace design and landscaping. I bet they spent more on the Ice Palace than they recovered, even with a sellers market! A lot of the peak money they earned was left behind in the boulders in their dream backyard.

Edited to add: 10% of everything they make also goes to the church. This is like a mortgage payment for some people!

Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

New Thread COMING TOMORROW!!

Ladies, go and suggest some titles for the new thread.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Sent from my LM-X210 using Tapatalk

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

So Julie and Landon just put in an offer for a house. I'm actually surprised they didn't buy Joel's fixer upper. It's amazing how much competition there is in the Griffith family. Of course, Ellie will have the biggest and best house of them all. That goes without saying. Funny that Julie actually said they didn't want to live in a huge house with many rooms. Was she shading Ellie? hmm
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

ba1006 wrote:So Julie and Landon just put in an offer for a house. I'm actually surprised they didn't buy Joel's fixer upper. It's amazing how much competition there is in the Griffith family. Of course, Ellie will have the biggest and best house of them all. That goes without saying. Funny that Julie actually said they didn't want to live in a huge house with many rooms. Was she shading Ellie? hmm
Probably shading and jealousy so downplaying things because it’s what they can afford but at the same time. it’s likely also a bit true because the more you have the more you have to take care of. Julie is the only sister that is still managing the household on her own and taking care of her kids.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”