GQS: Chronicles of Narn: The Bison, The Bitch and The Endless Chores| Part 69

DownTheRabbitHole
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: GQS: Chronicles of Narn: The Bison, The Bitch and The Endless Chores| Part 69

Unread post by DownTheRabbitHole »

You wonderful, incredible SISsies continue to inspire me. As I’ve shared here before my only pregnancy ended in a late term miscarriage that turned out to be because my lung and heart condition was much more serious than we thought and so my body couldn’t sustain both my life and that of my little girl. I’ve got my hands full keeping my own head above water. I cannot begin to imagine what it would be like to have children to worry about. Whether it be trying to give stability to little ones who don’t fully understand why their world has been turned upside down. Or adult children who aren’t under your roof so you can’t be certain just how safe they are. Or those with special needs for whom uncertainty and the lack of a familiar routine brings extra challenges. Or grandchildren who you can’t be with at a time when family is everything. And the fact a number of you are doing so as single parents and/or with health challenges of your own is mind blowing. We credit the essential workers including nurses, doctors, teachers, police, paramedics. But not enough credit is being given to incredible parents like you wonderful SISsies who are trying to navigate being an essential worker, working from home or having lost a job whilst still guiding your children through this and some of you home schooling on top of that. All whilst doing your bit in isolation to help protect the rest of us. You’re incredible the whole bloody lot of you and hand on heart when I hit submit on this I’m going to go and stand out on my balcony and clap for you amazing SISies because you’re the most essential “workers” in all of this.

PS - if I’m not around for a while it’ll be because standing out on my balcony clapping on an ordinary Sunday night may lead my neighbours to call the authorities thinking that the time I’ve already spent in strict isolation has caused me to lose the plot😂.
Feebz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: GQS: Chronicles of Narn: The Bison, The Bitch and The Endless Chores| Part 69

Unread post by Feebz »

DownTheRabbitHole wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:01 am You wonderful, incredible SISsies continue to inspire me. As I’ve shared here before my only pregnancy ended in a late term miscarriage that turned out to be because my lung and heart condition was much more serious than we thought and so my body couldn’t sustain both my life and that of my little girl. I’ve got my hands full keeping my own head above water. I cannot begin to imagine what it would be like to have children to worry about. Whether it be trying to give stability to little ones who don’t fully understand why their world has been turned upside down. Or adult children who aren’t under your roof so you can’t be certain just how safe they are. Or those with special needs for whom uncertainty and the lack of a familiar routine brings extra challenges. Or grandchildren who you can’t be with at a time when family is everything. And the fact a number of you are doing so as single parents and/or with health challenges of your own is mind blowing. We credit the essential workers including nurses, doctors, teachers, police, paramedics. But not enough credit is being given to incredible parents like you wonderful SISsies who are trying to navigate being an essential worker, working from home or having lost a job whilst still guiding your children through this and some of you home schooling on top of that. All whilst doing your bit in isolation to help protect the rest of us. You’re incredible the whole bloody lot of you and hand on heart when I hit submit on this I’m going to go and stand out on my balcony and clap for you amazing SISies because you’re the most essential “workers” in all of this.

PS - if I’m not around for a while it’ll be because standing out on my balcony clapping on an ordinary Sunday night may lead my neighbours to call the authorities thinking that the time I’ve already spent in strict isolation has caused me to lose the plot😂.
Glad to see you posting. I was wondering how you were going.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Feebz wrote:
DownTheRabbitHole wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:01 am You wonderful, incredible SISsies continue to inspire me. As I’ve shared here before my only pregnancy ended in a late term miscarriage that turned out to be because my lung and heart condition was much more serious than we thought and so my body couldn’t sustain both my life and that of my little girl. I’ve got my hands full keeping my own head above water. I cannot begin to imagine what it would be like to have children to worry about. Whether it be trying to give stability to little ones who don’t fully understand why their world has been turned upside down. Or adult children who aren’t under your roof so you can’t be certain just how safe they are. Or those with special needs for whom uncertainty and the lack of a familiar routine brings extra challenges. Or grandchildren who you can’t be with at a time when family is everything. And the fact a number of you are doing so as single parents and/or with health challenges of your own is mind blowing. We credit the essential workers including nurses, doctors, teachers, police, paramedics. But not enough credit is being given to incredible parents like you wonderful SISsies who are trying to navigate being an essential worker, working from home or having lost a job whilst still guiding your children through this and some of you home schooling on top of that. All whilst doing your bit in isolation to help protect the rest of us. You’re incredible the whole bloody lot of you and hand on heart when I hit submit on this I’m going to go and stand out on my balcony and clap for you amazing SISies because you’re the most essential “workers” in all of this.

PS - if I’m not around for a while it’ll be because standing out on my balcony clapping on an ordinary Sunday night may lead my neighbours to call the authorities thinking that the time I’ve already spent in strict isolation has caused me to lose the plotImage.
Thinking of you too. You're such a warm presence here. Thank you!
Sorry for the woe is me novel. So many others are struggling in these scary and uncertain times-- big hugs to all of you!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DownTheRabbitHole
Informer
Informer

Feebz wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:33 am

Thanks for thinking of me Feebz. I’m doing ok thanks. Hope you and yours are too. xx
DownTheRabbitHole
Informer
Informer

lmmomSD wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:57 am
Feebz wrote:

PS - if I’m not around for a while it’ll be because standing out on my balcony clapping on an ordinary Sunday night may lead my neighbours to call the authorities thinking that the time I’ve already spent in strict isolation has caused me to lose the plotImage.
Thinking of you too. You're such a warm presence here. Thank you!
Sorry for the woe is me novel. So many others are struggling in these scary and uncertain times-- big hugs to all of you!

You my friend vent all you want and don’t you dare apologise for doing so. We are all here for each other. For inspiration. For support. For friendship. And to have a well deserved snark on the Greedners. Cause that’s one of the many things we all get that they don’t - that there are so many people struggling with one thing or another and that we know how to pull together and support one another rather than simply sprouting quotes or trying to push for not just customers but more distributors purely out of self interest.
Night lady
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Night lady »

lmmomSD wrote:
Night lady wrote:Good evening my lovely sisters in snark! I hope and pray everyone is garing as well as you can during this pandemic.
I haven't been getting any notifications on here so I haven't read any of your posts today and maybe even from last night.
Not sure why this is happening but I'll have to investigate Image
On that note: my adult daughter with special needs is having a tough time with this, she did well the first 2 weeks, longer than I anticipated her doing. It's tough enough on us, I can only imagine what her and that population of special needs folks must be feeling.
So much stress, pressure and attention to detail to remain diligently healthy. Especially for my oldest daughter, she has a lowered immune system as it is so she's in a higher risk category.
Ugh... sorry for this totally off topic rant. But it does help to get it out...
Then for me, as an essential employee, and over half the population, I need to make a decision on Monday regarding my job as to how to proceed in order to keep my position. At least I still have a job, grateful, however theres a lot of things they aren't doing for us staff to keep us safe. Long story...
Thanks for listening ladies!
Much love and peace and care to you all!
~~NightLady

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I am SO with you. You and I have so much in common, it's freaky. Our special needs daughters, and recovery (which I only mention because you have here-- if I overstepped, I apologize!), My daughter was working at Goodwill and we had just gotten to the "job placement" part, where they were supposed to help her apply for jobs outside of the actual Goodwill store, and her job coach called and said that the entire company had been laid off. She just sat down and cried, poor thing. She feels like she wasted the last 2 years. She hasn't, because she has something to put on her resume now, and references, and she learned a lot, but it still hurt. And because I'm immune suppressed, she's worried about me, and she is bored, of course. We had to talk about a plan for her in case something happens and I have to go to the hospital. I don't want anything to happen to me and leave her high and dry, because she doesn't feel welcome at her dad's. It's a scary time for those of us who _somewhat_ understand. For our special needs loved ones, the uncertainty is really terrifying.
My inbox is always open. I hope your job doesn't continue to jerk you around!

You're so sweet! And no, you didn't overstep, I'm proud of my journey of recovery and congratulations to you as well! Yes, it is a very trying time with our daughters. They understand but at the same time they don't. Thank you for reaching out, my inbox is always open as well. Take care sis!!!

Howlin17
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Howlin17 »

DownTheRabbitHole wrote:You wonderful, incredible SISsies continue to inspire me. As I’ve shared here before my only pregnancy ended in a late term miscarriage that turned out to be because my lung and heart condition was much more serious than we thought and so my body couldn’t sustain both my life and that of my little girl. I’ve got my hands full keeping my own head above water. I cannot begin to imagine what it would be like to have children to worry about. Whether it be trying to give stability to little ones who don’t fully understand why their world has been turned upside down. Or adult children who aren’t under your roof so you can’t be certain just how safe they are. Or those with special needs for whom uncertainty and the lack of a familiar routine brings extra challenges. Or grandchildren who you can’t be with at a time when family is everything. And the fact a number of you are doing so as single parents and/or with health challenges of your own is mind blowing. We credit the essential workers including nurses, doctors, teachers, police, paramedics. But not enough credit is being given to incredible parents like you wonderful SISsies who are trying to navigate being an essential worker, working from home or having lost a job whilst still guiding your children through this and some of you home schooling on top of that. All whilst doing your bit in isolation to help protect the rest of us. You’re incredible the whole bloody lot of you and hand on heart when I hit submit on this I’m going to go and stand out on my balcony and clap for you amazing SISies because you’re the most essential “workers” in all of this.

I swear you should be a writer! You have a wonderful gift with words. Praying I get to read your inspiring, heartfelt, humorous thoughts and ideas for a long, long time to come. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eleanor Terese
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Eleanor Terese »

Why did they make such a big deal of Saint Patrick’s day? Poor Esme was so upset. (I watched half the Vlog, don’t judge me) :D I have Irish heritage and don’t even celebrate it, hell I don’t even celebrate St George’s day and I’m English, though most of us don’t.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

I don't get the whole parade get drunk on awful green-colored beer version of St. Patrick's Day.

With kids what is it green pancakes most kids are over it after having green eggs for Green eggs and ham for Dr Suess day a few weeks before.
GA Peach70
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GA Peach70 »

I took this screenshot the other day and forgot to post it. There is absolutely no way in hell he was going to the gym 4 hours a day, 6 days a week. He is so huge! I bet he’s hating a two story house. He waddles up all those stairs and I’m sure he’s so out of breath when he gets to the top.

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202004 ... 61b675.jpg[/IMG]

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

I have a family member who runs marathons and even they don't spend 4 hours a day at the gym. I mean they also have a job -but- even then that's a lot. I doubt he's capable of doing that. He probably struggles to do a 20 minute routine.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

He looks pregnant.

Eleanor Terese
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Eleanor Terese »

lmmomSD wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:40 pm He looks pregnant.

Another set of Quads on the way :D
GA Peach70
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Eleanor Terese wrote:

ImageImage
He can’t even see his feet. I bet Asswipe or NARN have to cut his disgusting toenails and put his shoes and socks on. ImageImage

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

GA Peach70 wrote:
Eleanor Terese wrote:

ImageImage
He can’t even see his feet. I bet Asswipe or NARN have to cut his disgusting toenails and put his shoes and socks on. ImageImage

OMG, you are so right. ImageImage And on a serious note, if he catches the virus, he's screwed because it attacks your lungs, and he's got such a big belly, it's gotta interfere with his breathing as it is.

4x4 year olds
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by 4x4 year olds »

lmmomSD wrote:He looks pregnant.

I was just going to say, he looks like he’s in his third trimester Image

Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Haulnarse »

He has taken their catch line of “quadruple the...” (food, drinks, soda, candy, takeout, gluttony, couch time, naps, massages) to heart the past five years!
GA Peach70
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Haulnarse wrote:He has taken their catch line of “quadruple the...” (food, drinks, soda, candy, takeout, gluttony, couch time, naps, massages) to heart the past five years!
ImageImage He definitely has quadrupled his weight.

Night lady
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Night lady »

GA Peach70 wrote:
Haulnarse wrote:He has taken their catch line of “quadruple the...” (food, drinks, soda, candy, takeout, gluttony, couch time, naps, massages) to heart the past five years!
ImageImage He definitely has quadrupled his weight.

Ahh yes, this is a good idea for a new thread title. Why are you so beautiful??

monkey_crazy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by monkey_crazy »

Haulnarse wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:18 pm He has taken their catch line of “quadruple the...” (food, drinks, soda, candy, takeout, gluttony, couch time, naps, massages) to heart the past five years!

I wish they would quadruple the quarantine as well. But who am I kidding the Bison needs his daily take-out. 🙄

Return to “Gardner Quad Squad”