Our Lives, Our Reasons, Our Sanity

Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Our Lives, Our Reasons, Our Sanity

Unread post by Tweedles3 »

I’ve followed Tiffany and her family for a few years, she is a married mom with a profoundly disabled little girl, and a healthy younger son. This is a rather sweet vlog from a modest family in Ontario, Canada. I feel bad putting a thread up for them on a gossip forum, but just wondered if anyone else watched them.

I wasn’t sure where else to put this, but the little girl Makayla just passed away. Amidst all the madness and controversy surrounding Brittani Leach’s loss of her infant son, Tiffany just announced her loss today, two weeks after it happened. They are pretty normal folks, they have a decent Youtube following. They don’t live on Youtube money, it’s more of a part time job and an outlet for Tiffany. She’s spent the last 10 years of her life caring for her daughter. They aren’t asking for handouts or anything. I just wanted to put this out there in case others knew of them, if anyone wanted to give her a view or a Like to support her channel.

Mods, if this isn’t an appropriate thread, please close. I do really want to discuss the family, but I have nothing negative to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seriouslywtfwhy01
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Re: Our Lives, Our Reasons, Our Sanity

Unread post by Seriouslywtfwhy01 »

Tweedles3 wrote:I’ve followed Tiffany and her family for a few years, she is a married mom with a profoundly disabled little girl, and a healthy younger son. This is a rather sweet vlog from a modest family in Ontario, Canada. I feel bad putting a thread up for them on a gossip forum, but just wondered if anyone else watched them.

I wasn’t sure where else to put this, but the little girl Makayla just passed away. Amidst all the madness and controversy surrounding Brittani Leach’s loss of her infant son, Tiffany just announced her loss today, two weeks after it happened. They are pretty normal folks, they have a decent Youtube following. They don’t live on Youtube money, it’s more of a part time job and an outlet for Tiffany. She’s spent the last 10 years of her life caring for her daughter. They aren’t asking for handouts or anything. I just wanted to put this out there in case others knew of them, if anyone wanted to give her a view or a Like to support her channel.

Mods, if this isn’t an appropriate thread, please close. I do really want to discuss the family, but I have nothing negative to say.

I watch them and have for awhile.Lately I've been watching less YouTube, bit stopped to watch her video when it popped up in my notifications today.
I'm heartbroken for them. That family has had so much loss these last few months.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

ButterflyBrit
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ButterflyBrit »

Oh my god. I can’t believe there’s a thread for them now. I love Tiffany and her family she’s always been pretty genuine and a very strong mother. But the first time I saw I saw Makayla I was terrified for her. She looked like she was suffering so badly in Silence and there was nothing she could do to let Tiffany know. I honestly thought she looked so uncomfortable a majority of the time and Tiffany always had so much on her plate but I wondered why she never taught her sign language. It’s heartbreaking to hear Makayla passed My heart was always broken for her. I had no idea this happened because I follow them but they don’t post often so I don’t get or see the alerts because YouTube thinks I don’t care to watch when really it’s just she doesn’t post often enough for the algorithm. Makaylas in a much better place now not suffering anymore. I would like to know how she died though. Tiffany was always scrambling to get so much done for her family so I’m curious how this happened.

MamaTweet
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MamaTweet »

Seeing her video pop up broke my heart and i was hoping against hope it was somehow cruel clickbait. Their family just lost Talia in November i think.

Does anyone know what exactly happened with Talia?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper

They never said the specifics of Talia’s death, just that she was found in her bed at her mom’s house (Tiffany’s brother Matthew is divorced from his children’s mother). I usually assume SIDS or suffocation when the family stays silent. Very sad, though.

I feel for Tiffany, she had Makayla really young, like 17. She’s spent all her adult years caring for her full time. From what she shared in her announcement video, it sounded like Makayla was sent to a hospice or acute care center before she passed. It even sounded like Tiffany and Kyle were not there when she died, that is so awful. I know if was her mission to never send her daughter to a home.
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by IHateCilantro »

MamaTweet wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:35 pm Seeing her video pop up broke my heart and i was hoping against hope it was somehow cruel clickbait. Their family just lost Talia in November i think.

Who is Talia?

I watched her daily routine vid. Although it would be okay for an informational unlisted video shared with friends I thought it was a bit exploitive of the daughter.
My posts on this board are only my opinion and shouldnt be taken as fact, unless noted
Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper

IHateCilantro wrote:
MamaTweet wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:35 pm Seeing her video pop up broke my heart and i was hoping against hope it was somehow cruel clickbait. Their family just lost Talia in November i think.

Who is Talia?

I watched her daily routine vid. Although it would be okay for an informational unlisted video shared with friends I thought it was a bit exploitive of the daughter.

Talia was Tiffany’s niece, her brother Matthew’s daughter. Since the family has been living at Tiffany’s parents’ house, we’ve seen a lot of her brother and his two girls. Sophia is 3 or 4, and Talia was born in spring 2019 and died in November 2019. She was in a couple vlogs, I remember one where they were all filming at a picnic table and Talia was crying like crazy and no one would get up to get her.

Her channel took a big hit a couple years ago, her most popular videos always featured her daughter, and a bunch were demonetized. Between people with bad intent and those with morbid curiosity, it always creeped me out. She switched gears when they started building their house and have mostly focused on house building. They’re pretty boring, but I will give them a view here and there.

IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I feel very sorry that she was born seemingly normal, then deteriorated over time, so horrible
My posts on this board are only my opinion and shouldnt be taken as fact, unless noted
MamaTweet
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MamaTweet »

IHateCilantro wrote:I feel very sorry that she was born seemingly normal, then deteriorated over time, so horrible
It must have been hell for them to take their basically brand new baby home and just wait for her to die. I think she lived a lot longer than the doctors said she would which i guess is a good thing for the family but how do you make any sort of long term plans not knowing when your child is going to die. I haven't been keeping track of the new house stuff but im sure Mikayla had a room. I wonder what they will turn it into? I think a Play room or a new babys (im not sure if shes discussed future children) room would be good. For their sake i hope they dont turn it into a shrine. Ive heard that is bad for healing.

I didnt follow them super closely but i do remember seeing a video where they took her camping so i feel like they at least tried to make her life fulfilled. Its more than brittneyandbaby is doing for her son and he is pretty abled bodied (for now).

Im not sure how to ask this without sounding rude but how was Mikaylas mind? I knew a little girl who passed away from SMA and one of the worst parts was knowing she knew exactly what was going on but didnt understand and could barely talk.

I will say that i dont think Mikayla could have had a more loving mother and family

IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

MamaTweet wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:43 pm
IHateCilantro wrote:I feel very sorry that she was born seemingly normal, then deteriorated over time, so horrible
It must have been hell for them to take their basically brand new baby home and just wait for her to die. I think she lived a lot longer than the doctors said she would which i guess is a good thing for the family but how do you make any sort of long term plans not knowing when your child is going to die. I haven't been keeping track of the new house stuff but im sure Mikayla had a room. I wonder what they will turn it into? I think a Play room or a new babys (im not sure if shes discussed future children) room would be good. For their sake i hope they dont turn it into a shrine. Ive heard that is bad for healing.

I didnt follow them super closely but i do remember seeing a video where they took her camping so i feel like they at least tried to make her life fulfilled. Its more than brittneyandbaby is doing for her son and he is pretty abled bodied (for now).

Im not sure how to ask this without sounding rude but how was Mikaylas mind? I knew a little girl who passed away from SMA and one of the worst parts was knowing she knew exactly what was going on but didnt understand and could barely talk.

I will say that i dont think Mikayla could have had a more loving mother and family

According to the one video, because the condition affects her high level thinking, she doesnt "think", or have typical emotions.
She was basically a newborn infant in a 9 yr olds body
PigeonOfLondon
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PigeonOfLondon »

MamaTweet wrote:

She had lissensephaly and a severe case of it. Basically mentally she wasn't really there. Some things the family did may rub people the wrong way, but honestly I think Tiffany is one of the most realistic parents I've seen who has a child with a terminal condition. I watched them for a few years and it's clear that whilst they all lover their daughter, they had accepted she would die young one day, was probably living on borrowed time and was still part of their family whilst they also got on with their lives.

They are building a new house and in their last video recognised that they are young and that's why they buried her where they did. They'll mourn her but still get on with their lives.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

I was so sad when I got the news. While I think Tiffani is very real and her reaction to Malaya s death seemed genuine she's done things that bother me. Makaylas G tube site was infected for months during the building process. When people gave her tips to help with granulation tissue she's like no I just didn't have the time to clean her site every day with building the house. She also refused nursing to come in and do the care. It takes at most ten minutes to clean and dress the site. She also didn't do other daily care and admitted it then realized she had a bigger issue to deal with. Then other times she seemed so on top of issues. Here on the end MaKayla was on her own in the camper or van while they built the house and she didn't use a baby monitor that scared me.

Now she's gone and the accessible house they're building (which is commendable) MaKayla never lived to see. I think they'll have another baby. I'm glad she let Damien start school he's been thriving his speech is a lot better.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I do think they genuinely loved her but I think they had accepted the realities of a child who'd not reach adulthood. She said on multiple videos they would not take extraordinary means to extend her life, they wouldn't ventilate her at home etc. She was heartbroken when MaKayla broke her leg and it's so hard for parents of kids who can't tell us know what's going on. When I think of Britney who wouldn't even buy an accessible house or even a house with a bedroom on ground level and Tiffany was legit wiring a house herself for her kid.

I cannot imagine having to dig your child's grave but it may have been a very therapeutic way to process their grief one of the few lasts things they could do for their kid.
PigeonOfLondon
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PigeonOfLondon »

DoodleBop2 wrote: I cannot imagine having to dig your child's grave but it may have been a very therapeutic way to process their grief one of the few lasts things they could do for their kid.
Honestly, this would scar me for life. I admire the dedication.

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

PigeonOfLondon wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:15 am
DoodleBop2 wrote: I cannot imagine having to dig your child's grave but it may have been a very therapeutic way to process their grief one of the few lasts things they could do for their kid.
Honestly, this would scar me for life. I admire the dedication.

I cannot imagine doing it but some are traumatized by being removed from their death rituals such as preparing the body. sO maybe having that and knowing she's with her cousin and the time th spent with her will help. Still I find it awful that in 2020 they still haven't solved digging graves in winter. Placing a family member in storage for months seems awful. :(
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Most ppl dug their families graves in the old days

Do you guys watch Ask a Mortician?
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

IHateCilantro wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:59 am Most ppl dug their families graves in the old days

Do you guys watch Ask a Mortician?
Yes, which is why I thought maybe digging the grave may have helped with the grieving process.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I watched the how she died video. :( That was so sad.
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I just cant watch them anymore
HopelessGarden
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by HopelessGarden »

So sad. I really thought it would be longer.

Maybe it's different in Canada, but I've been watching Caitlin Doughty. You can grieve at home, you don't need to have the body taken immediately. Tiffany seemed to have gotten closure saying goodbye, but they probably could have kept her home for the night if they wanted that.

Return to “I-P”