Our Lives, Our Reasons, Our Sanity

PigeonOfLondon
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Our Lives, Our Reasons, Our Sanity

Unread post by PigeonOfLondon »

HopelessGarden wrote:So sad. I really thought it would be longer.

Maybe it's different in Canada, but I've been watching Caitlin Doughty. You can grieve at home, you don't need to have the body taken immediately. Tiffany seemed to have gotten closure saying goodbye, but they probably could have kept her home for the night if they wanted that.
They've had her death planned out for years (I realise how bad that must sound), this is most likely how they wanted to do it.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

I am so grateful that this little girl's suffering has stopped. No more hospitals, tubes, painful lung infections, vomiting. I do give the parents credit for taking good care of her and including her in family activities. (much better than Britneyandbaby) I think the parents should take a breath and not have anymore children for a long while. Their entire adults lives have revolved around Mikayla; it's time for them to really enjoy their son and find themselves another purpose.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

HopelessGarden wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:52 pm So sad. I really thought it would be longer.

Maybe it's different in Canada, but I've been watching Caitlin Doughty. You can grieve at home, you don't need to have the body taken immediately. Tiffany seemed to have gotten closure saying goodbye, but they probably could have kept her home for the night if they wanted that.
I think it may be different with a child. They probably wouldn't bat an eye to a family waiting until the next morning if a 95-year-old died at home.
mizredhead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mizredhead »

Im glad they have a thread now. I've been wanting to discuss them for awhile, not really negatively, Just curious to see other's take on their situation. I have a disabled child, but his condition is not terminal, and he's physically very healthy. I have seen things in their videos that bother me, But I could never judge tiffany and kyle on how they took care of their daughter, because I would probably be a wreck in that situation. I stopped watching when the channel became mainly about building the house because it was just kinda boring But I admire how hardworking they both are, They are literally pouring blood, sweat and tears into that thing. I personally wouldn't have bothered while Mikayla was alive, but like I said, I can't imagine walking in their shoes for even a day. After I watched the newest video, I was laying in bed thinking of their family, Of course Tiffany and Kyle are hurting, but I was thinking of their parents. Losing two grandbabies so close together, then trying in some way to comfort your kids...They seem to be a very close family.
Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Our Lives, Our Reasons, Our Sanity

Unread post by Tweedles3 »

mizredhead wrote:Im glad they have a thread now. I've been wanting to discuss them for awhile, not really negatively, Just curious to see other's take on their situation. I have a disabled child, but his condition is not terminal, and he's physically very healthy. I have seen things in their videos that bother me, But I could never judge tiffany and kyle on how they took care of their daughter, because I would probably be a wreck in that situation. I stopped watching when the channel became mainly about building the house because it was just kinda boring But I admire how hardworking they both are, They are literally pouring blood, sweat and tears into that thing. I personally wouldn't have bothered while Mikayla was alive, but like I said, I can't imagine walking in their shoes for even a day. After I watched the newest video, I was laying in bed thinking of their family, Of course Tiffany and Kyle are hurting, but I was thinking of their parents. Losing two grandbabies so close together, then trying in some way to comfort your kids...They seem to be a very close family.
I feel the same, I’ve been wanting to discuss them for so long, but not really negatively. I can’t imagine being in their shoes, they are a tough family. I really feel like building that house has been an escape for Tiffany and Kyle. I guess there’s not much they could do with Makayla, but they would set her up in the van at their property, and just let her be. I think they had that “10-year life span” really ingrained, and knew they didn’t have much longer with her. So glad I was wrong thinking she died away from the family, turns out she left this world in the best way they could have hoped for. And with all this coronavirus stuff happening, thank goodness they don’t have to go to Sick Kids anymore.

Hopefully Tiffany doesn’t feel guilt because Damien brought the flu home from school. For years, she kept him isolated to protect Makayla, his speech was very slow to develop. But that was the best thing she did, let Damien go to public school when she was considering home schooling him. His quality of life is so much better for it.

Also agree with the poster who hopes they don’t have another child right away. Tiffany said she was putting that on hold until the house was done, I guess she had a molar pregnancy a couple years ago. But they need to just get away with Damien and enjoy life without a baby weighing them down. They looked like a different family when they recently took Damien to see Frozen 2, they had a blast. They seemed so happy, and just “lighter” for lack of better word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mizredhead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mizredhead »

You may be right on the money about the house being an escape. I never looked at it that way, But I don't have it in me to build a house from scratch by myself either. Tiffany seems very capable of doing it, I assume she learned this all from her dad. Have they ever said how they are paying for it? I may have missed it in a video.
HopelessGarden
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by HopelessGarden »

DoodleBop2 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:41 am
HopelessGarden wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:52 pm So sad. I really thought it would be longer.

I think it may be different with a child. They probably wouldn't bat an eye to a family waiting until the next morning if a 95-year-old died at home.
That may be. Tiffany usually seems well informed, she probably did what was necessary. I just got sad when she was talking about them taking Makayla.
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

I think if it had just been them, they might would've done it that way. But I think it would've been really hard and confusing for Damien to have her at the house for too long after she passed.
Momto3boys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Momto3boys »

MamaTweet wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:35 pm Seeing her video pop up broke my heart and i was hoping against hope it was somehow cruel clickbait. Their family just lost Talia in November i think.

Does anyone know what exactly happened with Talia?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk
Tailia died from SIDS
deftones34
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by deftones34 »

I like Tiffany and her family. They seem like good people.

Does Damien seem autistic to anyone else or is it just me?
Senna85
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Senna85 »

deftones34 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:30 pm I like Tiffany and her family. They seem like good people.

Does Damien seem autistic to anyone else or is it just me?
I always thought he was on the Autism spectrum as well, but I think they have come out and said he’s developmentally fine. I’m wondering if they didn’t have the time to deal with all the appointments while looking after mckayla. His speech until recently was very delayed, but they said he was fine
Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper

I thought it was funny how much Tiffany would try to get Damien to react and she’d lay the baby talk on really thick. Damien would totally ignore her usually, so I thought he might be autistic. But once the family moved into Tiffany’s parents’ house and Damien spent a lot of time with his cousin, Sophia, his speech started picking up really quickly. It makes me wonder how much having a nonverbal, non-interactive sibling really affects a younger sibling’s development, despite the parents talking and interacting with them.

I got the impression that Tiffany had some regrets about keeping Damien home all the time to keep him from bringing germs home. It’s sad that a flu virus he caught is what killed Makayla, but I think she had suffered for the past couple years, and Tiff and Kyle knew. That has to be so hard, trying the best you can to keep an ailing child comfortable, knowing you really can’t do anything to help them.

deftones34
Amateur
Amateur

Their last few videos have been pretty boring but I am interested in seeing their new house after they are totally done.

I wonder if they would have gotten to that amount of subscribers without Makayla.
PigeonOfLondon
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PigeonOfLondon »

deftones34 wrote:Their last few videos have been pretty boring but I am interested in seeing their new house after they are totally done.

I wonder if they would have gotten to that amount of subscribers without Makayla.
I doubt it. They aren't very interesting. I haven't followed them from the beginning, only a few years. But I think their channel was mostly about their daughter and their lives, nothing serious. Then people were more invested etc so it carried on. I doubt they are going to be regular YouTubers and I guess in a bittersweet way, they have more flexibility in their future now.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

webby
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by webby »

deftones34 wrote:Their last few videos have been pretty boring but I am interested in seeing their new house after they are totally done.

I feel the same way. I have no interest in construction videos, but I've been watching more of the building videos lately because it's progressing. it's great that they have a strong family dynamic.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper

I hope they keep their channel going, they have a good-sized subscriber base. I know this is Makayla content, but I think the video announcing her passing has hit the algorithm, it’s closing in on 1M views. I could see Tiffany vlogging the home construction in its entirety, and they’ve already shared they want to have more children. But at the same time, she may associate YT with her daughter, and decide to just end it and find another career path. I wish them well in whatever they choose.

deftones34
Amateur
Amateur

I remember that in the video about Talia passing, Tiffany said that there was a lot more to the story than what she was going to share. Does anyone have a clue what the rest of the story could be? Did they think the ex-wife had something to do with the death?
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I'm glad I found this thread!
I don't know about the Talia thing. I assume it was something about how they were not informed in a timely manner or something like that. I think Talia died when she was not in the care of her father. That is all I really remember.
I really have a ton of respect for Tiffany. She is very intelligent and hard-working and although she doesn't have a fancy degree and tons of money she has done a lot for those kids. I have some questions about the amount of support Makayla got for in-home physio and OT and stuff like that- not criticizing Tiffany or Kyle- just seemed like a lot of it lay completely on their shoulders just because they were in a more rural area and I think that's unfortunate. I also do think there are developmental issues with Damien that she has chosen not to disclose with the viewers, which is entirely her right. He seems like a lovely little kid and is speaking more and more clearly now. He's been through such a lot and I think will benefit from getting into a routine once (if) school gets back in session. I suppose I would hope that T&K would see the value in accessing extra educational supports for Damien if they were suggested to them, but I think their parenting style is much more of an out in the woods, learn as you go kind of approach (which, too be fair, is something I definitely wish I could do more of). So anyway, I'm talking a lot about nothing here except to say that these guys have shown me that there are many good ways to parent kids. And Makayla was loved deeply. That's the most important part of it all.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

Tiffany and her dad are literally building a house by themselves! Kyle helps sometimes but it's amazing how much work they're doing.
deftones34
Amateur
Amateur

Damien could really use a developmental evaluation.

Return to “I-P”