Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Justpeachyy
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Unread post by Justpeachyy »

Justpeachyy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:09 am After watching the Myka Stauffer adoption circus blow up, these two realizing they can finally have biological children is actually giving me anxiety.

I held Myka at a higher level then Alex, in my mind I thought Alex was more likely to rehome an adopted child and choose bio children.

She's what they wanted from the very beginning and now they have her and now they know they can have MORE of her in the future (another successful pregnancy) and that's a scary thought
OphDoph15

Re: Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Unread post by OphDoph15 »

I've been lurking for a few months, but never posted so hopefully I'm doing this right. Their NICU might have individual rooms for each baby, thus allowing different households to remain separate. That is how our NICU was. So, just based on my experience, I wouldn't think they would put a limit on total parents in the NICU, since they wouldn't even come into contact with with each other. I rarely saw other parents during our 67 day stay and if I did it was just passing in a hallway.

I also started pumping right after my son was born at the instruction of lactation consultants. My milk came in really quickly, but I don't remember exact time frame. Anything I pumped went to a fridge in his room where they would take it, foritfy it, and then feed him with it through his tube until he could use a bottle and/or nurse.
Just my experience, so she might be being told the same thing. I went on to then pump and nurse my son for 25 months so it clearly wasn't detrimental to my supply 🤷🏼‍♀️
Maite5
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Maite5 »

Justpeachyy wrote::? Guys, Just because the baby is in the NICU doesn't mean the hospital made it a free for all. I'm sure they're minimizing the number of adults that need to be in there at a time parents/nurses. I'm assuming other women/couples would like to see their baby at some point. If they wont even let two parents go in there, I doubt they'd let multiple families marinate in the NICU at the same time. Chill
Exactly !!! Chill people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FlowersTar 68 »

Didn't they say that as long as Alex was a patient then they can both see baby at the same time as Phil would be classed as a visitor? Once Alex is discharged, both will be classed as visitors so then it will be one parent at a time in the Nicu.
Justpeachyy
Talker
Talker

OphDoph15 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:17 am I've been lurking for a few months, but never posted so hopefully I'm doing this right. Their NICU might have individual rooms for each baby, thus allowing different households to remain separate. That is how our NICU was. So, just based on my experience, I wouldn't think they would put a limit on total parents in the NICU, since they wouldn't even come into contact with with each other. I rarely saw other parents during our 67 day stay and if I did it was just passing in a hallway.

I also started pumping right after my son was born at the instruction of lactation consultants. My milk came in really quickly, but I don't remember exact time frame. Anything I pumped went to a fridge in his room where they would take it, foritfy it, and then feed him with it through his tube until he could use a bottle and/or nurse.
Just my experience, so she might be being told the same thing. I went on to then pump and nurse my son for 25 months so it clearly wasn't detrimental to my supply 🤷🏼‍♀️
I can't see them doing that during COVID. If they were in separate rooms they would need to sanitize and change protective gear each time they move from one NICU room to the next.

It would be easier to put them all in a common room and control who goes in and out and when.
NowAndThen87
Talker
Talker

Unread post by NowAndThen87 »

Justpeachyy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:32 am The hospitals aren't basing their rules on what's ethically right, they're just trying to minimize risk and make sure everyone leaves the situation alive. It's safe to assume Alex was not the only woman in labor at that time and that theres other children in the NICU as well. Other couples would probably like time... so no, I dont think Phil can "stay in there and soak it up" because there are other children and families involved. They're not even letting couples going in there together, there's NO way they're letting people from multiple different families in at the same time.

Judging these guys for not spending enough time in the NICU (a room full of weak babies) during a global pandemic isnt it guys... they probably have zero control over it and even if they did, they still have to be respectful to the other couples and not hog the time.
Straight up if you want to kiss their asses and be among like minded P & A lovers their Instagram and Twitter are full of them.

If not why don’t you let the adults snark and quit telling people to chill.
NowAndThen87
Talker
Talker

Hey everyone- I know this whole thing is a hot topic but can we PLEASE stop telling others to “chill”

It’s super condescending and you don’t sound nearly as awesome as you think you do. Frankly it’s getting annoying. Have your opinion, write it out but don’t tell others to chill out when they have theirs.

So please stop.
Justpeachyy
Talker
Talker

FlowersTar 68 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:51 am Didn't they say that as long as Alex was a patient then they can both see baby at the same time as Phil would be classed as a visitor? Once Alex is discharged, both will be classed as visitors so then it will be one parent at a time in the Nicu.

They said at the same time in the beginning (on rotation with other couples in the hospital I'm assuming) but then once she's discharged only one person can step out in the real world and then visit baby. One consistent visitor each time.. I'm assuming the hospital is only willing to keep up with one parents temp and vitals during the NICU stay and if for some reason someone pops up sick, they want to be able to identify who was exposed and when.
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

So one of my close friends is a NICU nurse and I just asked her about what the NICU is doing in my area (I live in CT). She said that while the mother is a patient at the hospital there are no restrictions on how much her and her support person (they are only allowing 1 additional visitor besides the mom now) can visit with the baby in the NICU. She said all the babies are in their own rooms socially distanced from one another. They just make sure when a family is buzzed in that no 2 different families are walking the commonly shared corridors at the same time. Once the mother is discharged from the hospital they have the same policy Alex’s hospital has where only the 2 parents can be on the visitor list and they cant come together and only 1 visitor per 24 hr period. Obviously every NICU is different but I’m just pointing out that there are most definitely NICU’s even now during the pandemic that are allowing BOTH parents to have unlimited access to their NICU baby together or separate while the mother is a patient at the hospital herself.
Justpeachyy
Talker
Talker

NowAndThen87 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:03 am Hey everyone- I know this whole thing is a hot topic but can we PLEASE stop telling others to “chill”

It’s super condescending and you don’t sound nearly as awesome as you think you do. Frankly it’s getting annoying. Have your opinion, write it out but don’t tell others to chill out when they have theirs.

So please stop.
We're in a global pandemic.... are we really going to judge people for wanting to spend as little time in the NICU (a room full of sick newborns/preemies) as possible?

If they said she's doing well and is safe in the NICU, what's the issue? As a woman if I were having a baby during this time I'd realize that the main goal is survival, that all those children can get stronger and eventually leave the NICU. If I knew my kid was doing well, I would take a step back and allow other women with children with more serious conditions have their time, I would rest and minimize the risk I would bring (someone walking around a hospital all day) by seeing my kid when I can but spending as little time in the NICU room as possible. Basic respect for other people and their children.

The NICU is not my hangout space. It's not Starbucks. I'd visit my kid but I'd keep my ass outside of it as much as possible because I would hate for someone to lose a child or something because there wasnt enough hospital control/self control with the other patients.

To those who had NICU babies before covid, yeah...I imagine your experience being a little better. But right now they're just trying to make sure the babies leave the hospital in carseats and not via the morgue.

Mother - baby bonding is a luxury right now and unfortunately babies in the NICU don't have that right now.

Apologies for saying "chill" but cmon people.

Be safe. Be smart. Be considerate. Just because you're "allowed" to do something doesn't mean you should. They give those rules to keep parents happy but I'm sure if these doctors had a choice, that NICU would be locked until the babies go home. . .
Elliecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elliecat »

Alex and Phil spent a lot of time and energy complaining about not being allowed to bond with their baby. Now that she is here and they both can visit with her, they are choosing sleep over being with her.

This forum is for snarking about P and A. I’m pointing out their inconsistencies.

Tiredofspoiledbrats
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tiredofspoiledbrats »

Her name is Cassidy drew.. Phil’s sister let it slip on Instagram and Alex shared it to her stories
Justpeachyy
Talker
Talker

Elliecat wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:27 am Alex and Phil spent a lot of time and energy complaining about not being allowed to bond with their baby. Now that she is here and they both can visit with her, they are choosing sleep over being with her.

This forum is for snarking about P and A. I’m pointing out their inconsistencies.

Yes...I agree. I can't lie though, I'm happy to see them taking a step back. The last time they had a child they were in a separate room being extremely inconsiderate to Callie's birthmom and stressing out the hospital staff because Callie's mom wanted alone time, they called like 3 different people to complain and cry about the fact that Callie's mom wanted to say goodbye alone. With their track record and capacity to be inconsiderate to other people and their needs, I'm glad they're in a room alone resting and not bugging the nurses and hospital staff like they were during Callie's birth.
NowAndThen87
Talker
Talker

Justpeachyy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:16 am
NowAndThen87 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:03 am Hey everyone- I know this whole thing is a hot topic but can we PLEASE stop telling others to “chill”

So please stop.
We're in a global pandemic.... are we really going to judge people for wanting to spend as little time in the NICU (a room full of sick newborns/preemies) as possible?

If they said she's doing well and is safe in the NICU, what's the issue? As a woman if I were having a baby during this time I'd realize that the main goal is survival, that all those children can get stronger and eventually leave the NICU. If I knew my kid was doing well, I would take a step back and allow other women with children with more serious conditions have their time, I would rest and minimize the risk I would bring (someone walking around a hospital all day) by seeing my kid when I can but spending as little time in the NICU room as possible. Basic respect for other people and their children.

The NICU is not my hangout space. It's not Starbucks. I'd visit my kid but I'd keep my ass outside of it as much as possible because I would hate for someone to lose a child or something because there wasnt enough hospital control/self control with the other patients.

To those who had NICU babies before covid, yeah...I imagine your experience being a little better. But right now they're just trying to make sure the babies leave the hospital in carseats and not via the morgue.

Mother - baby bonding is a luxury right now and unfortunately babies in the NICU don't have that right now.

Apologies for saying "chill" but cmon people.

Be safe. Be smart. Be considerate. Just because you're "allowed" to do something doesn't mean you should. They give those rules to keep parents happy but I'm sure if these doctors had a choice, that NICU would be locked until the babies go home. . .
You realize that everything you just said Phil and Alex fought against in their rant video? While the rest of us were understanding that rules were different due to the pandemic it was them that said it was only fear and corruption keeping them from their baby.

We all agreed at the time that those two were being unreasonable in wanting the hospital to lift their restrictions due to them not believing the pandemic was that serious.

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make but you are coming off extremely condescending to all of us. You say sorry for saying chill but then go on to say “but c’mon” like that’s rude.

I’m going to go ahead and believe the people that have actually been in the NICU and the person who commented above you who asked an actual NICU nurse. You have no evidence that they are only allowing a certain number of parents in at a time you are assuming that. Where are you getting this information? You sound pretty know it all without anything to back it up.

Again the people that initially made this a big deal and why we are even talking about it now were PHIL AND ALEX.
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Tiredofspoiledbrats wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:31 am Her name is Cassidy drew.. Phil’s sister let it slip on Instagram and Alex shared it to her stories
Think she deleted that one, hope someone took a screenshot.
PinkMoscato
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PinkMoscato »

FlowersTar 68 wrote:
Tiredofspoiledbrats wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:31 am Her name is Cassidy drew.. Phil’s sister let it slip on Instagram and Alex shared it to her stories
Think she deleted that one, hope someone took a screenshot.
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202006 ... 2ff401.jpg[/IMG]

Good job, Alex.
That’s what you get for trying to hide the name to profit off your kids even more with some fancy name reveal
NowAndThen87
Talker
Talker

Oh snap do you think she knew it was in there? Probably high as hell on pain meds and didn’t realize.

Damn my money was really on Miracle Hope Faith Unicorn Worship Congelliere 😂
PinkMoscato
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PinkMoscato »

I think it’s verrrry interesting that she got the most classic/least childish name. They’ve clearly been saving this name for Bio Baby.

I love traditional names, so I’ve always hated the name Kinsley and I think Callie is a hard name on an adult because it seems kinda young and almost like a kid’s nickname.

But Cassidy has nickname options and is almost a more “serious”/adult name.

Definitely don’t like the nickname “Drew” though. My best friend’s middle name is Drew and she hates it. Boys names on girls is just kinda weird to me. Same reason I don’t like “Jo” for Callie’s.
Elliecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elliecat »

Just because I’m feeling particularly bitchy right now... when I feel bad about my 3 week postpartum body or worry that I’ve aged in the last year, I’ll look at this little collage I just made.

FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Didn't someone call it a few pages back? In a video ages ago that they'd had 3 sets of names, Kinsley Grace, Callie Jo and Cassidy Drew.
Maybe Cassidy Drew was part of the prophesy 6 years ago?

Well done that poster for remembering.

All I can think of now, and some of you of a certain age may remember is Shaun Cassidy was in the Hardy Boys, which mixed a bit with Nancy Drew.
Last edited by FlowersTar 68 on Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “Phil and Alex”