8 Passengers: Spreading a Disease while Doing As I Please | Part #16

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Spreading a Disease while Doing As I Please | Part #16

Unread post by natalka81 »

I've probably said this before somewhere bu here's the thing about the stupid argument of "You only see a little bit of our lives so you can't judge": You are the ones CHOOSING what you put out there. You do the editing, you decide what the public sees! If it were a Nanny 911 episode or something on Dr. Phil I could definitely see how Ruby could say it was heavily edited and unfair to her and her family, but since Ruby is the one literally running the show, there's just no argument here. NONE. And if that is the argument she's sticking with then...get your family off the damn internet entirely.
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

natalka81 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:59 pm I've probably said this before somewhere bu here's the thing about the stupid argument of "You only see a little bit of our lives so you can't judge": You are the ones CHOOSING what you put out there. You do the editing, you decide what the public sees! If it were a Nanny 911 episode or something on Dr. Phil I could definitely see how Ruby could say it was heavily edited and unfair to her and her family, but since Ruby is the one literally running the show, there's just no argument here. NONE. And if that is the argument she's sticking with then...get your family off the damn internet entirely.
If there was one comment on here I wish Ruby had to see it might be this one.
sweetestsweetheart

Unread post by sweetestsweetheart »

I learned of this family from def noodles' video and checked out all the drama channel videos. These parents are horrible. I don't know all that they did but starving their young daughter and not allowing chad to have a bed for 7 month was enough for me, everytime i think of the situation these kids are in i want to cry. Cutting them off from friends and electronics is isolating them and keeping them in ruby's grasp. The puberty videos are so inappropriate but furthermore some of the interactions ruby has with her children rubbed me the wrong way...asie from the mental humiliation and the fact that these kids live in fear. I think it was the video where chad talked about not having friends, but i'm not sure, it was a drama channel video but regardless ruby kept stroking his hair while he was in her lap and it was...weird as hell. Chad is 15, that's just so inappropriate to me to be randomly stroking my teenage son's head like that. I saw some comments that said ruby has an obsession with chad and she's the type of mom who's basically in love with her son and will never let him out of her grasp and will judge and humiliate every girl he dates and ends up with. I can totally see this happening and considering chad is the most conventionally attractive looking i wouldn't be surprised that's why she'd be like that with him. The youngest son, russel looks dead inside, when she was talking to him about 'misbehaving' there was literally no emotion behind his eyes and his facial expressions were heartbreaking. He's only like 6 or 7 and he's already so mentally broken. This is the real life version of those stories you hear about kids snapping and killing their parents. If i lived in that household i would've killed myself by now. I can't imagine being able to exist in that environment. I do think chad is the most rebellious one and he would talk back to ruby about her dumb rules but he's scared to do so. There was a point in that video i watched when chad was talking about getting his driving license and ruby wouldn't let him because he's "irresponsible" and he kept walking on eggshells and carefully wording everything until ruby said "that's something i need to discuss with your father". Chad's face lit up like a christmas tree and it was so heartbreaking seeing him because these kids barely get to have anything and to have something so...basic could make him so happy because it's obvious this is a very rare occurance.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Alycat_2001_uk wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:10 am I slightly worry if they stop vlogging, purely because at least if they are then their behaviour is partially under scrutiny. If they disappear then there's unlikely to be anyone watching out for those kids.
Even vlogging, they can edit any type of bad behavior out of the vlogs. It would be better for the kids if they disappear. The only ones that were benefiting from the YouTube money was Ruby and Kevin with property, van, new home, renovating their bedroom/bathroom, yard, travel...the list goes on.. Even the pool table was slashed from their budget when they were looking to cut back with YT-pandemic changes. If they want to send the kids to private school, they'll make it happen with or without YT.
Ruby isn't likely to be a life coach or an author.
Parktown
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Parktown »

JayBlack wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:06 am
rdt1004 wrote:Ruby could write a manual on how to guarantee your children murder you while you’re sleeping. Waking up your child at 5am to stare at a safe of their confiscated items in so fucked up and abusive. This is the kind of stuff you hear about when you hear those stories on how a teenager snapped and murdered their parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does anyone have receipts for this claim??? That is actually incredibly insane. How do the older kids not absolutely lose their shit on her?? If my mom was acting like a psychopath and forced my brother to wake up at 5am and stare at a safe I would not be able to sit there and not say anything I wouldn’t be able to hold back telling her how insane she is.

At 5:19 in the video that was pulled it is still out there. She asks Chad if he wants to talk about his punishments and he proceeds to say just that!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

imoverit wrote:
natalka81 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:59 pm I've probably said this before somewhere bu here's the thing about the stupid argument of "You only see a little bit of our lives so you can't judge": You are the ones CHOOSING what you put out there. You do the editing, you decide what the public sees! If it were a Nanny 911 episode or something on Dr. Phil I could definitely see how Ruby could say it was heavily edited and unfair to her and her family, but since Ruby is the one literally running the show, there's just no argument here. NONE. And if that is the argument she's sticking with then...get your family off the damn internet entirely.
And because they say they are showing us the "best" parts of their day, and this is what they come up with? And they say we only see a few minutes of their lives, but between IG and YT, they show us a lot. Over the years, we can see patterns of behaviour. And it's scary to think what might go on when the camera is off!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sparkle lemon
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sparkle lemon »

I don't think Ruby will change; if anything she is more likely to double-down and act as if her family are being persecuted. Remember, this is a woman who refuses to watch the news or inform herself about what is happening in the world. Her entire world-view is derived from her family, her religion, and social media. This woman is also product of a family that places no value on education or careers for females. I'm also sickened by the sight of this woman sparing no expense when it comes to looking after herself (nice new house, fancy bathroom and toilet, make-up, holidays, clothes, eyelashes...) when the kids seem to be lacking some pretty basic things.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I wonder if the Griffiths family got together this weekend to strategize on how to present a unified force in addressing Ruby's channel. No one has posted any stories on IG in two days and even then it was a minimal quick one from Bonnie.
Ruby could live without YT, but Bonnie, I don't think so. Julie needs some income too even though they live on a tight budget. E+J - it is puzzeling with what they are doing. The good times maybe coming to an end.
Parktown
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Parktown »

lmmomSD wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:21 pm
imoverit wrote:
And because they say they are showing us the "best" parts of their day, and this is what they come up with? And they say we only see a few minutes of their lives, but between IG and YT, they show us a lot. Over the years, we can see patterns of behaviour. And it's scary to think what might go on when the camera is off!

Exactly and they haven’t shown us 5 minutes of the day they have shown us everything! Mom ,Dad ,Sisters, accidents, schools, punishments, preachings, rudeness, shaving , puberty, forgotten vaccinations ,talk about pills,nevermind Eve running around alone getting lost etc
There is even a video of Ruby and Kevin where he says he didn’t want so many kids and both say there relationship has no passion! I think they had gone on a getaway and the title had sth about flowers in it!?
So basically they have shared everything but the kitchen sink , and that too!
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

YTIG60 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:26 pm I wonder if the Griffiths family got together this weekend to strategize on how to present a unified force in addressing Ruby's channel. No one has posted any stories on IG in two days and even then it was a minimal quick one from Bonnie.
Ruby could live without YT, but Bonnie, I don't think so. Julie needs some income too even though they live on a tight budget. E+J - it is puzzeling with what they are doing. The good times maybe coming to an end.
Maybe, but Bonnie, Ruby and Ellie all have managers and lawyers and maybe even PR reps to do that stuff for them. At their level they don't do much of the actual YT/SM/brand deal work themselves...even editing.

They all say they do, but they don't.
mollybaby
Talker
Talker

8 Passengers: Spreading a Disease while Doing As I Please | Part #16

Unread post by mollybaby »

I was watching an old vlog from a few months ago. It was a morning routine during school and she made all of the kids do a chore before school. Some took out the garbage, some had to clean the bathroom. They all made their own lunches and had to make their beds before they could eat breakfast. After Shari took them off to school, Ruby put clothes in the dryer, spent time alone having quiet time, worked on her “book” and read a letter from Chad who was away at Anasazi. After that, she spent time checking her Instagram and then got ready for her exercise class which she said she goes to every single day. Sounds like she does an whole lot of nothing but focus on herself. She picks the kids up from school only because Shari stays after playing volleyball and when they get home, they each have another chore to do. She’s acting like an empty nester yet she 6 kids living at home.

She’s punishing the kids with no electronics so they’ll have nothing to do but clean her house. I feel really bad for Russell. He clearly has no friends and it seems as if his electronics were an escape for him to feel connected to something. He’s at an awkward age where the only sibling willing to hang out with him is his 5 year old sister.

Ruby should have made the rules clear to Grandma and Grandpa Griffiths regarding no iPads. I blame the them even if Russel said they could use the iPads. The adults left in charge didn’t enforce her own rules and she still punished them. It all just makes me sick that these kids are making her all this money and being exploited. Chad definitely has it the hardest and he’s made her a ton of money. Even if he consents to being filmed, he is a child. None of them can fully understand enough to consent. Sadly, none of this will warrant any action from CPS.

I’m certain there are vlogs that are still up that expose their horrible and neglectful parenting. I’ve clicked on a few and in one, she mentioned dropping Eve off at Julie’s every morning for the last few mornings. Eve was absolutely filthy and it seemed to be first thing in the morning. Her clothes looked so dirty as if crust had formed on them and her hair was a complete mess like it hadn’t been brushed or washed in a long time. She’s so neglectful and I hope her and her siblings channels get exposed quickly. Googling her name brings up all of the recent bad exposure. I can see Bonnie being next.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

mollybaby wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:47 am I was watching an old vlog from a few months ago. It was a morning routine during school and she made all of the kids do a chore before school. Some took out the garbage, some had to clean the bathroom. They all made their own lunches and had to make their beds before they could eat breakfast. After Shari took them off to school, Ruby put clothes in the dryer, spent time alone having quiet time, worked on her “book” and read a letter from Chad who was away at Anasazi. After that, she spent time checking her Instagram and then got ready for her exercise class which she said she goes to every single day. Sounds like she does an whole lot of nothing but focus on herself. She picks the kids up from school only because Shari stays after playing volleyball and when they get home, they each have another chore to do. She’s acting like an empty nester yet she 6 kids living at home.

She’s punishing the kids with no electronics so they’ll have nothing to do but clean her house. I feel really bad for Russell. He clearly has no friends and it seems as if his electronics were an escape for him to feel connected to something. He’s at an awkward age where the only sibling willing to hang out with him is his 5 year old sister.

Ruby should have made the rules clear to Grandma and Grandpa Griffiths regarding no iPads. I blame the them even if Russel said they could use the iPads. The adults left in charge didn’t enforce her own rules and she still punished them. It all just makes me sick that these kids are making her all this money and being exploited. Chad definitely has it the hardest and he’s made her a ton of money. Even if he consents to being filmed, he is a child. None of them can fully understand enough to consent. Sadly, none of this will warrant any action from CPS.

I’m certain there are vlogs that are still up that expose their horrible and neglectful parenting. I’ve clicked on a few and in one, she mentioned dropping Eve off at Julie’s every morning for the last few mornings. Eve was absolutely filthy and it seemed to be first thing in the morning. Her clothes looked so dirty as if crust had formed on them and her hair was a complete mess like it hadn’t been brushed or washed in a long time. She’s so neglectful and I hope her and her siblings channels get exposed quickly. Googling her name brings up all of the recent bad exposure. I can see Bonnie being next.
Regarding the electronics, Ruby would have found another reason to take them away, so it doesn't matter who is to blame. Ruby sucks every bit of joy from those kids due to her control issues. She wants no responsibility with the children she chose to have so when it comes to having to monitor how much time Eve has spent playing on the iPad or whether one has had more time than another playing, it's easiest to just take it away.
JayBlack
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by JayBlack »

Parktown wrote:
JayBlack wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:06 am
rdt1004 wrote:Ruby could write a manual on how to guarantee your children murder you while you’re sleeping. Waking up your child at 5am to stare at a safe of their confiscated items in so fucked up and abusive. This is the kind of stuff you hear about when you hear those stories on how a teenager snapped and murdered their parents.

Does anyone have receipts for this claim??? That is actually incredibly insane. How do the older kids not absolutely lose their shit on her?? If my mom was acting like a psychopath and forced my brother to wake up at 5am and stare at a safe I would not be able to sit there and not say anything I wouldn’t be able to hold back telling her how insane she is.

At 5:19 in the video that was pulled it is still out there. She asks Chad if he wants to talk about his punishments and he proceeds to say just that!
Thank you! She locked up the damn TV REMOTES too. What the fuck are these kids going to do all summer??? There’s no way they’re going to be able to behave and be pleasant when they have NOTHING TO DO so it’s going to backfire and they’ll act out then Ruby will just continue to withhold their shit it’s a never ending cycle.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

mollybaby wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:47 am Ruby should have made the rules clear to Grandma and Grandpa Griffiths regarding no iPads. I blame the them even if Russel said they could use the iPads. The adults left in charge didn’t enforce her own rules and she still punished them. It all just makes me sick that these kids are making her all this money and being exploited. Chad definitely has it the hardest and he’s made her a ton of money. Even if he consents to being filmed, he is a child. None of them can fully understand enough to consent. Sadly, none of this will warrant any action from CPS.

An excellent point about the grandparents. They should have known the rules and enforced them. Chad and Jen should have told Ruby she is going too far with the punishments.
I don't think CPS will do anything significant, but if they are investigated, it isn't good for their reputations what they filmed or did warranted a case being opened. It isn't a good look for a BYU Associate Professor or a mom who is writing a parenting book or a Life Coach. Could they end up with a court order to take parenting classes? With social media, could CPS look at YouTube as exploiting their children and require them to no longer be filmed? Could CPS required them to show them everything they've filmed with their children?
I also like to know who these counselors are that recommended their parenting actions/discipline. I question if any counselor they've worked with would endorsed their punishments.

On another note, Bonnie and Ruby have the same manager. It will be interesting to see how Bonnie moves forward with her channel.
They have over 7000 people endorse a petition asking for CPS to investigation them. Again, not a great parenting image inside and outside their community.
nesland300
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by nesland300 »

Could they end up with a court order to take parenting classes?
If that happened they would just take classes from the same type of brainwashed Mormon that told them to do all these things. And if they were forced to use a non-Mormon service I'm afraid they would just dismiss it as anti-church propaganda.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

rosie_dalia wrote:
YTIG60 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:26 pm I wonder if the Griffiths family got together this weekend to strategize on how to present a unified force in addressing Ruby's channel. No one has posted any stories on IG in two days and even then it was a minimal quick one from Bonnie.
Maybe, but Bonnie, Ruby and Ellie all have managers and lawyers and maybe even PR reps to do that stuff for them. At their level they don't do much of the actual YT/SM/brand deal work themselves...even editing.

They all say they do, but they don't.
And that's what makes me so angry when they talk about how _hard_ they work. They have completely forgotten what hard work is. They don't keep house, cook much in the way of real meals for their kids, Ruby doesn't make lunches or take her kids to school, and she says it's not her "job" to entertain them.
None of them even seem to like their kids. They only had them because that's what they do.

freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

No video from Shari since last Monday and nothing from Ruby!

rulatows000
Talker
Talker

Unread post by rulatows000 »

No video today from 8 Passengers and all of them have gone mum on social media. I personally think that they're not done and they'll come back eventually when they think things have died down. Ruby lives such a frivolous lifestyle and her and Kevin spend like there's no tomorrow. She loves being the center of attention and she's obsessed with Youtube. There's no way she's going to be content living on only Kevin's professors income, if he even still has his job as a professor after all that's went down. The fact that she said her biggest fear was her kids not doing anything interesting for the camera just shows how much she loves Youtube. I really don't think she's going to give up without a fight. If their main channel gets taken down or demonetized, I'm sure she'll resurface somewhere on Youtube. She'll start her 'life coaching' channel with Kevin or she'll make a mom channel of just herself or she'll find some other platform to post on. I just feel certain she'll find a way to come back. What do you guys think?

Also, I was looking at Instagram. Apparently Ruby made a new Instagram account called 8passengers.underthehood, it had the comments turned on, but it looks like she deleted it. However, another account called 8passengers.underthehoodd is up now, that's private. In the description it says "Ruby and Kevin's podcast coming soon". Do you guys think its them or just a fake account? I wonder if they are suddenly going to come up with their podcasting channel to try to divert attention away from what's happening and to get back onto Youtube. I don't know if you guys have been following the Myka Stauffer controversy, but they have stopped posting their family vlogs on her channel since announcing rehoming their autistic son. However, her husband has his own channel and he announced recently that he's going to start posting again. I feel like Ruby and Kevin are going to try to come up with a channel that will be separate from their main and act like it's ok to post on it because it's separate from the controversy with their kids, like the Stauffers seem to be doing.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Grandma Griff just posted on IG and has the comments on "limited". Julie also posted and said she took the weekend off social media and it felt so good not to have her "mind clouded with everyone's opinions and comments." Someone on the Bonnie board said that she said they would post videos again starting tomorrow.

I get that some people will comment about 8 passengers on all the family's channels /IG accounts, so I assume the family is trying to lay low to avoid that. But I do wonder what's going on behind the scenes with managers /lawyers/ CPS.
Dallas_Snob
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Dallas_Snob »

Ok, I don’t watch the Vlogs but have hearing about the mom in this family from various avenues so I watched a few.

I feel so incredibly bad for those kids. They all look so pathetic.

Return to “8 Passengers”