Cullen and Katie: Boozing and bamboozling | Part #26

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Boozing and bamboozling | Part #26

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

I think they think they have money to spend because they aren't paying their mortgage. That's like an "extra" $3600 a month. But...they shouldn't be spending a dime and if they have the $3600 they should keep paying their mortgage. I watched an older debt video about how they said they were stupid when they stopped paying their mortgage last time (when the house was under contract last winter), what has changed since then? The really don't learn any lessons, do they?

They certainly aren't making much money right now. Maybe they are hoping for another Christmas holiday money boom, but I'm guessing this will be a VERY different holiday season and fewer brand deals for YTers. I really wonder what their money situation is. I'm betting they quit their debt series because they don't want to be honest about what they are doing with their finances. Or, they'll continue, but lie about what they are really spending—especially now living at the beach.

I agree that Katie has a shopping problem. That needs to stop if they ever hope to get out of debt. The kids have more than enough clothes from Kelley! They already have too many clothes!! Why spend money they don't have???? I thought even Brooks' birthday was WAY TOO MUCH for people who are broke.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Yeah, they're in complete denial about how their loan works. Not paying the mortgage is only going to increase the big fat check they need to bring to closing in order to get out from under this house they can't afford. Putting it on the market and showing it is going to mean nothing if they don't a) have the cash to bring to closing, or b) have an agreement with the bank to accept a lower offer than they currently owe. I agree, they need to be looking for jobs, talking to a debt counselor, and trying to negotiate with the bank for a short sale. Otherwise, they are looking at a bankruptcy. She has zero shame looking at the camera pretending they can afford to look at houses in an expensive FL beach town.

Katie probably thinks her spending is under control now just because she isn't putting it on credit cards anymore, blatantly ignoring the huge amount of unpaid debt waiting in the wings. Ten sets of $14 pajamas is ridiculous for them. I wonder if Katie somehow opened another card and is charging it with plans to file for bankruptcy soon.

I think if her parents were going to step in and clean up this mess for them, they would have done so already. I think they've offered assistance IF Katie agrees to the terms, which probably includes getting a real job. Katie is like one of those MLM huns who doesn't realize that she is not, in fact, a boss babe.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

I don't think they ever truly understood the nature and logistics of their mortgage for this house. When Katie describes it she makes it seem pretty obvious that she doesn't understand it. I remember her saying oh yeah they just got us a second loan to cover the rest.

She has been shopping at Carters a lot lately and I am wondering of she has a carters credit card she is just maxing out. Store cards are terrible things to have, especially for someone addicted to shopping like Katie.

At this rate the house will be foreclosed by Christmas and they will end up in a 2 bedroom apartment with their terrible credit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

marshmallowfluf wrote:Its really weird to see her posting a pajama haul on her instagram when just a couple of months ago they were scrapping up change to buy food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can guarantee that she charged them and put them on her Kohl’s card.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

nutbagmcgee wrote:
marshmallowfluf wrote:Its really weird to see her posting a pajama haul on her instagram when just a couple of months ago they were scrapping up change to buy food.

I can guarantee that she charged them and put them on her Kohl’s card.
I wouldn’t be surprised, i think at this point she thinks “whats another $100 on pajamas” and then she tries to justify buying them. Funny how she thinks pajamas are play clothes. Shes just too lazy to get her kids dressed everyday.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Are they only putting out two videos a week? Pajama haul was NOT a sponsored IG story. Where do they intend to make money, a money tree in the backyard?
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Ducklings4 wrote:Are they only putting out two videos a week? Pajama haul was NOT a sponsored IG story. Where do they intend to make money, a money tree in the backyard?
Are they even averaging 2 a week at this point? It seems more like 1 every 2 weeks!

Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

Where do you see the pajama haul??

I always bought really nice clothes for my kids. They held up well, and they didn't grow as fast as some kids, so they wore their clothes for a long time. Pajamas?? I bought them at garage sales for $.25 to $.50 each. I couldn't stand spending hard earned cash on something they were going to wear to bed!

Common sense is something Katie is lacking.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

What about just leaving animals alone for once!!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

There is nothing wrong with buying nice pajamas for your kid. The problem with Katie is that she makes purchases they don’t actually need because she just needs to buy something. The kids have plenty of pjs, and even if they didn’t there is no way they need that many new pairs. Katie has a spending problem and until she gets it under control her life is going to continue to be a dumpster fire.

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Katie's gaining the weight back. Not being mean...it's just obvious.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

They are the A-HOLE tourists who feed seagulls. FFS.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Now Katie is sharing on her stories about some $150 vacuum she just bought!

Obviously, if you NEED a vacuum buy a vacuum but if I remember correctly that home has a built in central vac system or whatever you call it?

This woman can't ever quit spending money it is insane!

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Boymomma123 wrote:Now Katie is sharing on her stories about some $150 vacuum she just bought!

Obviously, if you NEED a vacuum buy a vacuum but if I remember correctly that home has a built in central vac system or whatever you call it?

It isn’t wasteful if you really NEED it!

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:52 pm There is nothing wrong with buying nice pajamas for your kid. The problem with Katie is that she makes purchases they don’t actually need because she just needs to buy something. The kids have plenty of pjs, and even if they didn’t there is no way they need that many new pairs. Katie has a spending problem and until she gets it under control her life is going to continue to be a dumpster fire.

So true. The only reason to side-eye it is because they've shared intimate details about their finances and they are on the brink of bankruptcy. For the past 4 years they've been spending like someone bringing home $300-500k annually. They can't fix years of overspending and debt by suddenly budgeting to live on $100k, which is what they've said they bring home annually. A $150 pajama haul and a $150 vacuum may fit into a $100k annual family budget, but Katie and Cullen have a boat load of debt, a house that is 50% of their supposed take home pay, and next to nothing in savings. They need to budget to live on substantially less than they're bringing home if they ever hope to dig themselves out of this.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:52 pm There is nothing wrong with buying nice pajamas for your kid. The problem with Katie is that she makes purchases they don’t actually need because she just needs to buy something. The kids have plenty of pjs, and even if they didn’t there is no way they need that many new pairs. Katie has a spending problem and until she gets it under control her life is going to continue to be a dumpster fire.

So true. The only reason to side-eye it is because they've shared intimate details about their finances and they are on the brink of bankruptcy. For the past 4 years they've been spending like someone bringing home $300-500k annually. They can't fix years of overspending and debt by suddenly budgeting to live on $100k, which is what they've said they bring home annually. A $150 pajama haul and a $150 vacuum may fit into a $100k annual family budget, but Katie and Cullen have a boat load of debt, a house that is 50% of their supposed take home pay, and next to nothing in savings. They need to budget to live on substantially less than they're bringing home if they ever hope to dig themselves out of this.
Yes! People I follow within the debt free community live way below their income in order to actually pay off debt.

C&K are stuck in this perpetual rut of simply "budgeting" without actually making any real changes.

I think that looking back at their spending from the last couple years really makes them feel great about only spending $800 on groceries compared to $2000. Which is a great change but still way too much for a family in this amount of debt.

Their goal should be to spend only what is absolutely necessary each month. Yet they continue to make excuses for why they needed to buy more things.

I buy my kids good quality pajamas once or twice a year as needed. But they each only have seven pairs. After seeing Katie "declutter" both kids closets it is obvious that those kids have enough clothes for 4 kids. I highly doubt they actually needed new pajamas.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Boymomma123 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:59 am Now Katie is sharing on her stories about some $150 vacuum she just bought!

It definitely looks like they're phasing out any debt videos and back to spending with abandon. I think she's on a "high" from not being weighed down by that pesky mortgage payment the past three months. She truly believes the house is going to sell in the next few weeks because of the small things they did and and everything will be magically fixed.

I agree with the previous poster- it makes me cringe that Cullen is using photos of his wife in a bikini as thumbnails to try to attract clicks. Don't know if she's still taking ADD medication, but the weight is definitely creeping back up. I only mention it because it seems like everything that Katie was so "proud" of a few months ago is spiraling, including the weight loss and the budgeting. She seems very manic/out of control. Anyone who isn't cheering her on 100% of the time is cut out of their life, and their disastrous financial situation can be magically fixed because "God's plan." No point worrying about where they're going to live, per her most recent Instagram post. No enough eyerolls in the world for this.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think that is 75% of the problem Katie is manic and when confronted she balked and went into her stand up for yourself tirade
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

rosie_dalia wrote:They are the A-HOLE tourists who feed seagulls. FFS.
Ugh. Missy had video of Ollie putting sand crabs in a plastic container and he and Finn feeding seagulls cheetos, and gushing over how much they "love animals". Well gee, how about, if they "love animals", they don't feed seagulls (cheetos and other human food aren't good for seagulls) and how about don't put crabs in plastic containers? And how about don't bring frogs and worms inside and play "house" with them, and treat animals as disposable? Even lizards should be members of the family, not given as gifts and rehomed once they aren't convenient.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
rosie_dalia wrote:They are the A-HOLE tourists who feed seagulls. FFS.
Ugh. Missy had video of Ollie putting sand crabs in a plastic container and he and Finn feeding seagulls cheetos, and gushing over how much they "love animals". Well gee, how about, if they "love animals", they don't feed seagulls (cheetos and other human food aren't good for seagulls) and how about don't put crabs in plastic containers? And how about don't bring frogs and worms inside and play "house" with them, and treat animals as disposable? Even lizards should be members of the family, not given as gifts and rehomed once they aren't convenient.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That is what was so great about the Ellie and Jared video when Jared’s dad told Jackson he could not touch the snake and to let it be

Return to “Cullen and Katie”