Sent from my LM-X210 using Tapatalk

sd9008
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Boozing and bamboozling | Part #26

Unread post by sd9008 »

I hope i am not breaking rules but this is in reference to the rug. She said maybe next year on buying a $100 rug... Thats hilarious she thinks they would be out of debt next year. She probably buy it anyways and say she deserved it or something. Or she got a gift card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
honeybear
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by honeybear »

I only just recently started watching their videos during all this debt stuff and my god katie is such a miserable bitch. You can just tell by the bitchy side remarks she constantly makes in her videos. Wow. She needs a reality check.

"I do this, blah blah blah, if you do it differently that's fine, good for you, but this is how my family does it"

Yeah, that's also why your family is 80k in debt, dumbass.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

So Katie lied about permission for the mortgage?? In the vlog she explicitly said she had called the mortgage and gotten permission for 2 months. Then I read here that on Instagram she had posted they got 3 months permission. I was confused and thought: is she inconsistent or did she ask for an extra month later on? Which she never told or explained by the way. And now she says they are waiting for permission in the first place?? Yet she already used the money as if they had it? And she explained multiple times why, how and where they would spend this specific money, 'proving' even further they had 'permission'?? And then demonstratively shows her junk haul?

I don't care if they go bankrupt at this point anymore. Haven't watched the vlog (Katie's boring babbling, not again please) but what you all tell here with the outrages yard guy and Katie's absurd excuses is just too much. Doesn't she hear herself talking, kids at home so their home is bereaved from being a workplace?? But I am afraid Katie will never have to undergo the consequences (SHE WOULD DESERVE IT THOUGH).

I would like to add, they live in a quarantine paradise! With their big yard/space outside their mansion (room to retreat to a different room), nice weather and the next home at a large distance. This crisis should have been the perfect opportunity for family bonding, doing light work in the yard (lets be real), even if little by little every day, and finding structure in their life, something they dearly miss. Hell, with a little creativity they could have called it biology class for the kids if they so wished. And be glad at least you have something to do in the yard, that's structure and anti-boredom therapy delivered on a silver platter right there. Instead of not knowing and asking yourself: 'pffff, what shall we do today...????' or going back inside after a short while because you had nothing on your hands and the kids (read Gaines) are fighting. Working in the yard would do them so good.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Yeah, at this point I want Katie to crumble and get ALL the bad shit that comes her way. No more “it’s a sign from God” that somehow miraculously gets them out of a rut.

Sick of her entitled and manipulative ways. Hopefully karma comes and bites her HARD on the butt. I kind of want to punch her crooked nose. :x
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Katie must really not enjoy being with her kids whatsoever for all the complaining she does. My oldest is in an early intervention preschool in our school district so he went half day 5 days a week and gets bused to and from school. I am happy that he is in the program and I am sad he is missing school and speech therapy but to be honest having him home is way easier.

I don't have to get my kids out of bed in the morning so I get a few hours to myself. We aren't rushed around and it's nice for him to have a little break. It was hard in the first week to get a new routine but we are almost a month in now and I have no complaints.

Katie mentioned on Instagram that she can't work when the kids are in the house because she is worried they might "need something". So she cannot get anything done and that fear overwhelms her. I could almost give her a pass to an extent if she was home alone with the kids but she has the other parent home all day. How hard is it to rotate their schedules around who is watching the kids at what time.

She also makes comments constantly about Gaines or Brooks saying or doing something and she had no idea they could do it. She must spend absolutely no time with those kids that doesn't involve them being glued to a screen. She didn't know Brooks was learning to write his name and was so surprised. Right when my son would get home we would get papers out of his book bag and go through them and talk about his day. She just seems so cold and unloving it's like her kids are just extensions of her that she can use when it is convenient. She just likes to buy them shit and dress Gaines up. Girl needs therapy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Sorry for a double post but she is continuing to make it extremely obvious that Gaines has been the picky eater all along and they have just lumped Brooks in with her. Brooks has eaten all the new food she has given him with no problem and she is "so suprised". Bull shit Katie, Gaines won't eat anything but noodles so that is all you have been feeding both of them. She is still making "kid meals" and adult meals and it seems like so much extra work. I make one meal and my kids eat it because they know that is what they get. They also help me most nights and often I let them pick the vegetable of the night. It makes them feel special and they are more likely to eat it if they pick it. You can still give your kids choices while being healthy. Her kids would eat more real food if she quit giving them processed shit for snacks. When my kids want a snack they get a piece of fruit, granola with plain Greek yogurt, or carrot sticks. Feed your kids real food Katie, they are used to cheese its and animal crackers and need to learn to eat real food. Give them some of your all powerful almonds as a snack.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

apmfacebook93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by apmfacebook93 »

I wasn’t able to finish reading in the last thread. When I tried to open it it would say it was locked by a moderator, so I’m sure this has already been mentioned. However, how awful are there children that Cullen can’t go outside for a few hours a week to tend to the yard while Katie watches them?
With that said, I don’t really care if they hire someone to take care of their yard - but own it! I have no problem admitting that I do not want to mow, weed eat, pull weeds, or do whatever else our landscapers do… but there’s no one to blame for that.
They make Gaines and Brooks sound so freaking bad by saying they can’t do any of this stuff because the kids are home. They have two kids, not infant sextuplets.
Same with making videos. I do not think that they should expect both kids to sit quietly in front of a screen for several hours every single day while they “work“ but I find it extremely difficult to believe that there is not 30 minutes in a day in which they film a sit down video (and then Cullen could later edit either after the kids are in bed or while Katie tends to them.) They should consider implementing “quiet time” where the kids don’t have to actually nap, but must lay down and rest for one or two hours and watch a movie or something. It’s good for the kids and would give C & K time to “work.”

auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

If only they didn’t have to approve all the comments, we could see what people are really saying and thinking. I would imagine they are probably being eaten alive for all of the stupid decision they make.

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

wishes wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:06 am Yeah, at this point I want Katie to crumble and get ALL the bad shit that comes her way. No more “it’s a sign from God” that somehow miraculously gets them out of a rut.

Sick of her entitled and manipulative ways. Hopefully karma comes and bites her HARD on the butt. I kind of want to punch her crooked nose. :x
I don't feel the need to punch her though, but I get what you mean. The funny thing is they have similar noses lol
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

They are robbing Peter to pay Paul and come this summer they will either be in a bigger mess than they were to begin with or this has all been a big scam. Neither scenario will surprise me.

I really don’t get why her 51/2 year old and almost 4 year old can not entertain themselves without TV/screen time. My boys would play for hours with their train set and hot wheel cars. My girls would join them or all of them would play with their playhouse. Of course there were arguments especially between my boys, but when push came to shove and we said it was our way or the highway they would straighten up. BTW we did not raise our first born child to be a self entitled brat either. They have made their bed in so many ways, now we have the privilege of watching the train wreck. I feel for Brooks and Gaines because none of this is their fault.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Couldn't they borrow the lawnmower from a neighbor...such as Jay & Kelley? And i would think 2 hours a week would be enough to keep the yard up to an acceptable standard for the HOA.

I know this may not be possible right now with Covid restrictions in their area but if possible then now would be the perfect time to sell the Suburban. They definitely can get by with one vehicle when all this is going on and realistically the kids summer activities probably wont be happening until at least July. If they sold it and kept 4-5k to purchase a new vehicle when needed they could save a fortune on car repayments. I can't understand how they can now justify the suburban and keeping the house.

Katie cannot keep on one train of thought for more than a couple of seconds before she rambles. Cullen actually seems like the calm level headed one these days. I can see a stay in a psych facility coming Katie's way in the near future. I don't mean that in an insulting way I just think her thoughts are racing all over the place and she can't make decisions right now. I know what this is like from personal experience.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I can’t imagine what they sent in writing to the lender. Two self-employed individuals who film videos and post on social media from home. They can’t even make a compelling case for mortgage relief in their video. Katie didn’t say that brand deals were being cancelled or drying up, all she said was they can still do their job but they can’t possibly be expected to film the same amount of content when they have children at home. Were they putting out all that much content before? Are those kids awake 24/7? Put your kids to bed, film and edit a damn video. Katie and Cullen are over here being like, “But we have yard work! And kids! And we have to respond to emails and film videos.” The fact that they addressed “judgmental” comments in their most recent video and said they would delete and block tells me that A LOT of people are finding their ignorance and woe is me attitude insufferable right now.

It feels ridiculous to even dignify their complaints with a response. I agree with everything that’s been said here, how obtuse can they be? How can they not realize that the majority of their audience is either a) unemployed right now, or b) working from home with their families, or c) risking exposure by continuing to go to their work place because they are deemed essential? I truly do not understand, unless Cullen is catatonic and not helping AT ALL. Katie really isn’t built to parent if she can’t stand her kids and only knows how to put an iPad in front of them. There’s no reason they can’t take turns working and entertaining the kids. Katie is medicated for her ADHD, so I don’t understand why that is her excuse.

Even IF they are approved to defer mortgage payments, banks don’t know what the hell they’re doing and their guidance is changing daily. Often the entity you send your mortgage payment to is just a loan servicer who is giving that money to investors in mortgage-backed securities. The loan servicer still needs to pay those investors, otherwise the loan-servicing company is in trouble. All of that is to say that I would be very skeptical of anything I hear about deferring mortgage payments until I see something in writing from the lender. It sounds like they need to be approved first and they need to see the terms in writing before they start planning for no mortgage payment for the next three months. “We’re going to try to put that money in savings” is code for “I’m going to spend this however I want” in Katie’s language.

They already owe more to the bank than their house is worth. If they stopped for a second to think about how much the value of their home is going to fall in the wake of this, they’d realize that they’re in deep shit and it won’t go away after 90 days of mortgage payment relief. Best case scenario, they will still owe those three months of mortgage payments when they go to sell. They couldn’t come up with the cash to go to closing before, so they’re just adding to their problem by deferring the mortgage. No one wanted to buy that house at their asking price when the marketing was booming, it's certainly not going to be easy to sell in a recession.
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

Latest YT vid: "We feel like we've failed".. Doesn't even really address how they feel like they've failed, except to say that they didn't put as much towards debt as they would have liked to.
Ok someone PLEASE explain to me. They said they put like $1800 towards debt in March? Did I hear that right? (I'm not going to go watch it again because it annoys me)... Are those only minimum payments?! I suppose I'm a little late to the game as far as understanding their actual budget for their debt. I've only been watching about a month.
When they post budget videos, I don't see any breakdown of what they're paying on car payments, mortgage, credit cards, etc.. So I guess I'm a little confused.
Are they actually paying $1800/month on MINIMUM payments towards their debt? Not including their mortgage? That's INSANE.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

According to Katie's IG, the water blob the kids were playing on was "worth every penny". She says that about almost everything! I don't know how much it cost, but surely it was bought using credit and they are probably still paying for it. So I wonder what she would say *wasn't* worth every penny that they've bought in the past few years. If she can't find about 80k worth of stuff they put on the credit card that wasn't "worth every penny", then they don't have a chance at getting out of debt.

I know they mostly regret the house, maybe the SUV, eating out, but they do a whole lot of justifying purchases for people living so far above their means.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Creative74 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:49 am Latest YT vid: "We feel like we've failed".. Doesn't even really address how they feel like they've failed, except to say that they didn't put as much towards debt as they would have liked to.
Ok someone PLEASE explain to me. They said they put like $1800 towards debt in March? Did I hear that right? (I'm not going to go watch it again because it annoys me)... Are those only minimum payments?! I suppose I'm a little late to the game as far as understanding their actual budget for their debt. I've only been watching about a month.
When they post budget videos, I don't see any breakdown of what they're paying on car payments, mortgage, credit cards, etc.. So I guess I'm a little confused.
Are they actually paying $1800/month on MINIMUM payments towards their debt? Not including their mortgage? That's INSANE.
Yes those are minimum payments as far as I know. It definitely doesn't include mortgage or car payment. I think in past videos they might go through in more detail.

They actually said they paid $2500 last month, but only 1800 went to the debt because they pay like 700/mo in interest! So crazy.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

You know what irks me is they are so entitled and would never think of sacrificing their own comfort. My older brother has cancer, has been given 6 mos, and he is still working from home to provide for his wife, kids, and step kids. Anything that is “difficult” or an inconvenience they contract out for someone else to do, putting themselves into deeper debt.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

My thread title got picked...thank you! My question is...if she’s medicated for her adhd then why is she so all over the place? She can’t multitask anything and she’s out of control with her thoughts and hair touching and shifty eyes. I swear watching her gives me anxiety! Another thought..is she just acting all scattered for the vlogs? Hmmm?
blondeusa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blondeusa »

I don't know if any of you guys follow Kate Bryan from the Small Things Blog. But obviously her kids all are all home right now and she and her husband both work from home. They have SUCH a good schedule worked out. And every other day they switch who is responsible for learning with the kids. Justin has also been in the yard working a ton and Kate as well. And guess what? Kids are there. They have 3 Gaines age and younger
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I don't follow them, but I have watched Katie's sister Kelley's vlogs and my guess Jay's business is affected by the pandemic. I watched CK last two vlogs. My impression is two extremely immature adults that couldn't budget household expenses or manage time if their life depended on it with an envelope system that includes eighty dollars a month for booze.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”