Julie Deru: Part #2

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Julie Deru: Part #2

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

HashtagBlessed wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:33 pm Well good for them that they don't feel obligated to wait to have children until they can comfortably afford it! LOL Julie said that when Landon was pre-med people told them to wait... but if they had done so they would have never had kids. Ha! That's because your husband is a perpetual student and either drops out or doesn't do anything with his degrees. But seriously, it must be...interesting to have zero cares about supporting a family of 7 when YouTube family vlogging finishes drying up. They must think that Landon will be making a professors salary at that point...but that usually hinges on a tenure eligible position and the years of publishing required to get there.
People keep telling me that pushing people to have kids they can't afford is NOT a Mormon thing, but it has happened twice this week just with family vloggers. The YAWI/Tannerites family chided their oldest for wanting to wait to have kids until he can support them. He got married less than a year ago, is homeless, has no job, and no plan for the future. Most recently he and his new wife were staying in a giant Lego structure in their parents living room. He was lectured about how Jesus would want him to have a baby right away without a penny to raise it. The prayed, they "blessed" and they fasted to put a baby in her uterus. Even the youngest, on his 6th birthday, wished for them to have a baby before they have a home.
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:43 pm
HashtagBlessed wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:33 pm Well good for them that they don't feel obligated to wait to have children until they can comfortably afford it! LOL Julie said that when Landon was pre-med people told them to wait... but if they had done so they would have never had kids. Ha! That's because your husband is a perpetual student and either drops out or doesn't do anything with his degrees. But seriously, it must be...interesting to have zero cares about supporting a family of 7 when YouTube family vlogging finishes drying up. They must think that Landon will be making a professors salary at that point...but that usually hinges on a tenure eligible position and the years of publishing required to get there.
People keep telling me that pushing people to have kids they can't afford is NOT a Mormon thing, but it has happened twice this week just with family vloggers. The YAWI/Tannerites family chided their oldest for wanting to wait to have kids until he can support them. He got married less than a year ago, is homeless, has no job, and no plan for the future. Most recently he and his new wife were staying in a giant Lego structure in their parents living room. He was lectured about how Jesus would want him to have a baby right away without a penny to raise it. The prayed, they "blessed" and they fasted to put a baby in her uterus. Even the youngest, on his 6th birthday, wished for them to have a baby before they have a home.
It is absolutely a Mormon thing. The last thing Branson and his wife need is a baby... I've met 13 year olds more mature than both of them.
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

They kept saying when she was pregnant with Lucy, she was there last but I never believed it. I guess this is how they'll pay their bills, keep popping out kids for Youtube content.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by natalka81 »

This is gold.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Julie Deru: Part #2

Unread post by YTIG60 »

She states don’t wait until you have the time and money to have kids cause it will never happen. Adults do plan their children with the intent of financially supporting and caring for them. They don’t have the expectation others will be required to assist them financially or one parent is still in school well into their thirties and the other parent decides not to work outside the home to provide healthcare insurance or other basic needs (referring to food assistance she talked about in a vlog).
The medical students Julie referred to are now practicing medicine in lucrative careers, can afford a family and probably have a better work/home balance than Landon.
Why isn’t four healthy children enough when things are still unsettled with Landon’s future?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

GGF1987 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:26 pm They kept saying when she was pregnant with Lucy, she was there last but I never believed it. I guess this is how they'll pay their bills, keep popping out kids for Youtube content.
Julie also said she was pretty sure she was done but Landon wanted one more. Apparently Landon won.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

YTIG60 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:15 am She states don’t wait until you have the time and money to have kids cause it will never happen. Adults do plan their children with the intent of financially supporting and caring for them. They don’t have the expectation others will be required to assist them financially or one parent is still in school well into their thirties and the other parent decides not to work outside the home to provide healthcare insurance or other basic needs (referring to food assistance she talked about in a vlog).
The medical students Julie referred to are now practicing medicine in lucrative careers, can afford a family and probably have a better work/home balance than Landon.
Why isn’t four healthy children enough when things are still unsettled with Landon’s future?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Right? I worked to provide for myself and my husband. I was 28 when we could comfortably afford our first with a decent work/life balance. I stayed home to raise kids when it was financially feasible. But I guess women in her community hope to be on their third or fourth child by 28. If you want to encourage large families, that usually means starting young, when most people can't afford it. She and her sisters all have sob stories about how much they struggled. Ruby sounds like she was certifiably depressed and basically admitted to abusing prescription drugs. Bonnie talks about leaving her job where she made more money than her husband and basically told him to figure it out. Ellie and Jared have admitted to sustaining themselves on a bag of potatoes when they were actively trying to have kids. Speaks to how pernicious their cultural brainwashing must be.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:12 pm As long as I didn't pay tens of thousands for her house, like I paid for Ruby's hot tub and Bonnie's vacations, she is still my favorite Griffiths. Did anyone look it up to see if Julie "stole" a PPP "loan" like her sisters and every other vlogger?

I am starting to wonder if her sisters pretend to be exceptionally stupid because they think it is cute though. Landon has corrected Ruby calling the SkinCeuticals brand, "Skin Cuticles", but she still says it wrong. Either they suffer from memory issues, or they think appearing dumb makes them more attractive, like jutting out their front teeth to simulate a raging overbite.
I don't see their LLC listed in PPP loans. Landon is arrogant/creepy and I have no words if Julie is acting stupid to be cute. :?
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

HashtagBlessed wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:36 am Right? I worked to provide for myself and my husband. I was 28 when we could comfortably afford our first with a decent work/life balance.
I think in this world they're are takers and this is my outlook at some of the Griffiths's sisters taking PPP loans when they didn't need them. I also question if they are really taught self-reliance in their church?
I do recognize, especially during the pandemic, there are people and business that do need our government's help. We are all vulnerable to falling on hard times. The difficult part is the Griffiths or Cullen and Katie could have impacted other businesses that truly needed help and were unable to obtain a loan.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Good grief, she is just as snooty to her viewers as her sisters. Got to love when the person who claims to never ask for parenting advice asks for parenting advice on her platform, and then shares the answers so she can pick them apart and explain why all of the suggestions are useless to her. She refuses to offer positive reinforcement because like Ruby she seems to believe that her children should just magically live up to her expectations. Well what she's doing isn't working. Period. But she refuses to try a different approach. I read a parenting book once that explained that if you are doing the same thing over and over again with your child and expecting a different result, your child is not the slow one. Be willing to try something new. Why do they all seem to think that a reward system will spoil children? They all seem to think they're parenting experts.
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

UM.... WHAT?

I'm not going to look into this... for my sanity, I'm not going to look into this.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

Well, at least they seem to be both happy and excited to have one more baby.
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

One of my pet peeves is youtubers complaining about babysitters. I haven't watched the video yet because I don't want to lol. But Jordan Page does this too, complains about her babysitters and nannies??? Like that's just rude and I would never want to work for you knowing you complain about this so publicly, hiring a babysitter is your CHOICE and it's a privilege so if you don't trust them then don't hire anyone?!
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

imoverit wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:27 am One of my pet peeves is youtubers complaining about babysitters. I haven't watched the video yet because I don't want to lol. But Jordan Page does this too, complains about her babysitters and nannies??? Like that's just rude and I would never want to work for you knowing you complain about this so publicly, hiring a babysitter is your CHOICE and it's a privilege so if you don't trust them then don't hire anyone?!
I agree. I don't hire babysitters to clean my house. If the kids are safe and happy, that's all that matters. Listening to her today just made me shut her off. She has 4 kids - she should be lucky someone wants to watch that many kids.
Josette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Josette »

Julie actually thinks we should take Bonnie's advice about babysitters. Bonnie would be the LAST person I'd take advice from. We've all seen how poorly she treats Bri.

Landon's story about what he and his brothers did to one of their babysitters is beyond horrifying. He and his brothers literally handcuffed the sitter to the front railing, then threw a cup of pee on her.
SI_Photography
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by SI_Photography »

Josette wrote:

Julie actually thinks we should take Bonnie's advice about babysitters. Bonnie would be the LAST person I'd take advice from. We've all seen how poorly she treats Bri.

Landon's story about what he and his brothers did to one of their babysitters is beyond horrifying. He and his brothers literally handcuffed the sitter to the front railing, then threw a cup of pee on her.
Of all the Griffith husbands, Landon always creeped me out the most. And that’s saying a lot.
Jared is obnoxious and tries too hard and Joel is a doormat, but Landon.... something is just off and wrong there and I can’t quite put my finger on it. I have to skip past him. I think the only YouTube dad that creeps me out more is Jonathan Joly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

SI_Photography wrote:
Josette wrote:

Of all the Griffith husbands, Landon always creeped me out the most. And that’s saying a lot.
Jared is obnoxious and tries too hard and Joel is a doormat, but Landon.... something is just off and wrong there and I can’t quite put my finger on it. I have to skip past him. I think the only YouTube dad that creeps me out more is Jonathan Joly.

He reminds me of Julie's dad. I find him creepy as well.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Landon is so awful. I barely ever watch these guys because of him. That story of the babysitter (which I just read here) is in the 'I killed the neighbour's cat when I was a kid' territory if you ask me. Horrifying indeed!
Josette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Josette »

SI_Photography wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:37 am
Josette wrote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one creeped out by him.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

SI_Photography wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:37 am
Josette wrote:

To me - it's a toss up between Landon and Kevin. They both seem creepy to me. You're right, Jared and Joel are just harmless doormats.

Return to “Other Griffiths/Mechams”