Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

WatchinTheWreck
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by WatchinTheWreck »

Ducklings4 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:29 pm Why does she have a problem with Gaines and Brooks sharing a bathroom? I had kids share bathrooms, not a big deal. I have had kids share rooms, not a big deal.
I just don't get why two able bodied adults can't get their acts together for the sake of their children. Listening to Katie say how she loves her downsized home is pure BS. It is total sour grapes. Katie's family all still have their big homes and Brittany has a nice home. Katie and Cullen blew all their money trying to prove they were right and everybody else is wrong. Now they are trying to prove to us how happy they are. "I think the lady dost protest too much."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand the obsession with the kids having their own bathroom either. I live in a house with my family with one bathroom for all of us. I mean I would love a half bath for those times when more then one of us have to go, but seriously, after all these years, it really isn't a big deal. And if they loved the smaller house so much then why did she make comments like they didn't want to spend much on the kitchen table because they would get a bigger one when they moved to a bigger house. Or, why did they put so much stuff in storage for when they move to a bigger house. If they love the smaller house, then they should be selling everything in storage and using that money to pay off their debt. Also, why not get rid of the Suburban. They likely still owe roughly $30K on it. They only kept it for showings and what not, they don't need that anymore.

Also, since Katie's parents gave them money for xmas for the kitchen table, then I think it is highly likely they purchased the roomba themselves, which is RIDICULOUS!!! That thing was $600-$800!! They clearly haven't learned any lessons from this journey.
NormalName
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NormalName »

WatchinTheWreck wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:01 pm
Ducklings4 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:29 pm Why does she have a problem with Gaines and Brooks sharing a bathroom? I had kids share bathrooms, not a big deal. I have had kids share rooms, not a big deal.
I just don't get why two able bodied adults can't get their acts together for the sake of their children. Listening to Katie say how she loves her downsized home is pure BS. It is total sour grapes. Katie's family all still have their big homes and Brittany has a nice home. Katie and Cullen blew all their money trying to prove they were right and everybody else is wrong. Now they are trying to prove to us how happy they are. "I think the lady dost protest too much."

I don't understand the obsession with the kids having their own bathroom either. I live in a house with my family with one bathroom for all of us. I mean I would love a half bath for those times when more then one of us have to go, but seriously, after all these years, it really isn't a big deal. And if they loved the smaller house so much then why did she make comments like they didn't want to spend much on the kitchen table because they would get a bigger one when they moved to a bigger house. Or, why did they put so much stuff in storage for when they move to a bigger house. If they love the smaller house, then they should be selling everything in storage and using that money to pay off their debt. Also, why not get rid of the Suburban. They likely still owe roughly $30K on it. They only kept it for showings and what not, they don't need that anymore.

Also, since Katie's parents gave them money for xmas for the kitchen table, then I think it is highly likely they purchased the roomba themselves, which is RIDICULOUS!!! That thing was $600-$800!! They clearly haven't learned any lessons from this journey.
I grew up in a house with 2 bathrooms and 7 people. I shared the bathroom with all 4 of my brothers. I didn’t have my own bathroom until I was 20 and moved into an apartment! Not to mention when I was Gaines and brooks’s age, I took baths with my 2 older brothers! Plus it’s not like these kids have makeup or blow driers or other bathroom clutter that make people want to have their own bathroom, so for what reason can they not share one?
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Boymomma123 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:57 pm I don't understand the shared bathroom fixation whatsoever. I guess her thought process is just a sign of her privileged upbringing. Growing up my whole family shared one bathroom. Somehow we all survived and became responsible adults. Katie is just a princess and needs Gaines to be one too. Katie is still clinging to the idea that she deserves a higher class life.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
I feel like most upper middle class homes in the US are built to have one master bathroom and one full bath that the spare bedrooms share, which most families treat as the "kids' bedrooms" and the kids' shared bathroom. It would be pretty luxurious for every spare bedroom to have its own bathroom? That would mean multiple mini master suites. I've seen that in vacation rentals, that are designed for multiple couples, but rarely in your average home. Katie doesn't seem to grasp that this only ocurrs in mansions or maybe very new builds? I shared a bathroom with my two brothers in our 60s split level. My kids will share an upstairs bathroom until one of them is old enough to take a bedroom on a different level.

Also, LOL that Katie said they tried to create office space in the old house but just prefer to be in the same room together. That's because they don't have any actual work to do in an office. Anyone with a real job knows it's incredibly difficult to work in the same space as your kids.

I also thought it was telling that Cullen said they needed to "rely on each other" now as opposed to siblings or family members right down the street as a "positive" way the move has changed their relationship. Sounds like a couple desperately trying to isolate themselves. You just know that Katie took issue with any family members in Cullen's ear. Can't have any reasonable or functioning adults weighing in on the chaos and lack of accountability.
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

On Cullen's recent IG story, he said he purchased a whole bunch of new coral for his fish tank "with Christmas money". I'm perplexed, because as an adult, I haven't been given cash as a gift since I was a teenager. Do people do this?? Or, is this just more crap being purchased with mysterious money they seem to be blowing through?
NormalName
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NormalName »

Creative74 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:52 am On Cullen's recent IG story, he said he purchased a whole bunch of new coral for his fish tank "with Christmas money". I'm perplexed, because as an adult, I haven't been given cash as a gift since I was a teenager. Do people do this?? Or, is this just more crap being purchased with mysterious money they seem to be blowing through?
My family almost always gets money for Christmas. My grandparents are getting old and my parents don’t really need or want much, so they usually get a smallish combined gift and combined money. My brothers and I also still get Christmas money, even though 3 of us are 28, 26 and 26. We live in the south so maybe it’s a southern thing?
skyblueandblack
Talker
Talker

Unread post by skyblueandblack »

Their obsession with buying new cleaning products is a result of them not feeling like they are successfully “adulting”- and so buying cleaning products makes them feel “adult-ier”. But really it’s just another expensive unneeded purchase.
PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

NormalName wrote:
Creative74 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:52 am On Cullen's recent IG story, he said he purchased a whole bunch of new coral for his fish tank "with Christmas money". I'm perplexed, because as an adult, I haven't been given cash as a gift since I was a teenager. Do people do this?? Or, is this just more crap being purchased with mysterious money they seem to be blowing through?
My family almost always gets money for Christmas. My grandparents are getting old and my parents don’t really need or want much, so they usually get a smallish combined gift and combined money. My brothers and I also still get Christmas money, even though 3 of us are 28, 26 and 26. We live in the south so maybe it’s a southern thing?
I live in the northeast. My Dad has been giving us money for Christmas and our birthdays since we were teenagers. He’s always given his grandchildren and great-grandchildren money for Christmas and their birthdays. He says he rather give money than gifts and gift cards that way there everyone gets exactly what they want and he doesn’t have to play where’s Waldo trying to find return receipts, lol.

Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

Yeah there might be a reason why your floors are gross. If you have animals your floors are going to be gross if you dont take care of them everyday. Also an unpopular opinion in my mind swiffer wet jet sucks to me it doesn't pick up a lot like a regular mop.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

The weird part to me is that two adults in their situation with a shit ton of debt and zero savings are blowing cash gifts on accessories for their fishtank.
klb41611
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by klb41611 »

they are buying everything and anything in sight. They are not happy, and this is how they are coping. They can claim all they want that they are glad they moved, happy, etc. They are shopping to distract themselves with new shiny things so they don't have to face their reality.

Also, who the F has that much time in a day, to dedicate to opening and using a F'ing MOP? HOLY COW. GO GET A JOB!!!!
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Creative74 wrote:On Cullen's recent IG story, he said he purchased a whole bunch of new coral for his fish tank "with Christmas money". I'm perplexed, because as an adult, I haven't been given cash as a gift since I was a teenager. Do people do this?? Or, is this just more crap being purchased with mysterious money they seem to be blowing through?
If I remember correctly, years ago they spoke about how they get money at Christmas from Katie’s parents. It’s a nice chunk of money because I think she spoke about how they’re expected to give some of it to charity.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Lovethesnark wrote:
Creative74 wrote:On Cullen's recent IG story, he said he purchased a whole bunch of new coral for his fish tank "with Christmas money". I'm perplexed, because as an adult, I haven't been given cash as a gift since I was a teenager. Do people do this?? Or, is this just more crap being purchased with mysterious money they seem to be blowing through?
If I remember correctly, years ago they spoke about how they get money at Christmas from Katie’s parents. It’s a nice chunk of money because I think she spoke about how they’re expected to give some of it to charity.
Her parents can give them up to $10,000 a year without them having to pay taxes. If her parents do give them a large amount of money wouldn't it be wise to put it to way their debt. Maybe I am stupid and I think paying off a debt is more important than coral for a fish tank.

justmeelinex
Talker
Talker

Unread post by justmeelinex »

What is wrong with these 2? They seriously act like they have a mental disability. I’m 23 years old and I’m more mature than they are. Why are they always so obsessed with things? First the stupid bar chairs and now mopping the floor. Seriously. Go work.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Has anyone been watching their late night Instagram lives this week? Is it a drunken sh*tshow?
Creative74
Talker
Talker

justmeelinex wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:52 pm What is wrong with these 2? They seriously act like they have a mental disability. I’m 23 years old and I’m more mature than they are. Why are they always so obsessed with things? First the stupid bar chairs and now mopping the floor. Seriously. Go work.
Katie seems to move from one obsession to another. Ok- we get it. You bought a new mop. Who cares and where is the real content???
They really have been spending money left and right ever since they moved.
kaper
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kaper »

I've had one of those O'Cedar spin mops for years. They work great for me. I also fill the bucket with warm bleach water to soak the mop in after use. Spin and hang it to dry. I bet they left the dirty mop head sitting in the bucket to mildew.
klb41611
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by klb41611 »

irishmiss wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:15 am Has anyone been watching their late night Instagram lives this week? Is it a drunken sh*tshow?
that's exactly what it is. They are either drunk or high AF and just go live every night, usually with no clothes on, in their bed.
BishandDish
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BishandDish »

I feel like I always comment the say stuff. They are lazy. They are out of touch. They are spoiled.

They talk about downsizing yet they think every kid needs a bathroom. How well off is Katie's family to think that is a normal train of thought?
Creative74
Talker
Talker

klb41611 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:41 am
irishmiss wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:15 am Has anyone been watching their late night Instagram lives this week? Is it a drunken sh*tshow?
that's exactly what it is. They are either drunk or high AF and just go live every night, usually with no clothes on, in their bed.
I'm just now seeing these on IG! What on earth is this?? 40-50 minutes every night of..... nothing. If they have all this time to screw around on IG live, they could surely be putting out actual real content on YouTube, right?
Creative74
Talker
Talker

And...... they're out to dinner again tonight. At a pretty nice (not cheap) restaurant. Things are just not changing.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”