Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Berry sold the house they built for almost $500,000. I never realized how huge it was, we only ever saw a little portion of it. 7 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and an apartment. It was a beautiful home.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

More eating out and this restaurant looks like it is semi pricey. I am sure they got drinks and got the kids their "virgin margaritas".

Even if her parents did give them a decent amount of money they are still spending a ton. Why would you need a roomba for such a small home. They are home 24/7 but can't find time to run the vacuum for 10 minutes? My mother-in-law has a roomba because she has health issues and vacuuming can be hard for her. I could understand the need if they were at work all day and wanted to come home to a clean house. They never leave? Such a waste of money when you almost lost your house a month ago.

This is all so strange they barely put out content and are spending more and more.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

BishandDish
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BishandDish »

I'm wondering if they r trying to phase out the debt content now. I think they feel like they sold the house now they are "safe". Or they r jist tired of pretending to care so they are both ignoring it.
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

BishandDish wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:39 am I'm wondering if they r trying to phase out the debt content now. I think they feel like they sold the house now they are "safe". Or they r jist tired of pretending to care so they are both ignoring it.
This is exactly what I think is going on also. They're tired of trying to get out of debt, because then they can't blow money on stupid stuff and can't go out to dinner. But in my eyes, there's no other content on their channel worthy of watching! Just hours of footage of Katie treating her daughter like a princess and her son like he doesn't exist, and Cullen just sitting around not having his own opinions. I'm over it.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

nutbagmcgee wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:37 pm Berry sold the house they built for almost $500,000. I never realized how huge it was, we only ever saw a little portion of it. 7 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and an apartment. It was a beautiful home.
Could Cullen have gotten a part of his share, like as a parent you can give part of their heritage before you pass to avoid taxes?

Also I wonder what is going on with Cullen and why he doesn't seem to want to edit videos anymore.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

lovingthisforum wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:37 pm Berry sold the house they built for almost $500,000. I never realized how huge it was, we only ever saw a little portion of it. 7 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and an apartment. It was a beautiful home.
Could Cullen have gotten a part of his share, like as a parent you can give part of their heritage before you pass to avoid taxes?

Also I wonder what is going on with Cullen and why he doesn't seem to want to edit videos anymore.
They could have given both he and Katie up to $10K each tax free. I can't imagine getting a cash windfall like that and not putting it towards debt.
Just speculating of course.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Gosh what have they become. They were my favourite vloggers for several years and we all thought they were the more normal mature ones of the bunch and now look! One thing I'm curious about is were they always this way and we all didn't see it (rose tinted glasses) or did something go very wrong somewhere along the way that changed them completely? What do you all think?
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

They were always this way. There were a few of us who would point it out in the thread years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NormalName
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NormalName »

irishmiss wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:47 am Gosh what have they become. They were my favourite vloggers for several years and we all thought they were the more normal mature ones of the bunch and now look! One thing I'm curious about is were they always this way and we all didn't see it (rose tinted glasses) or did something go very wrong somewhere along the way that changed them completely? What do you all think?
Well they’ve never been shy about how much they drink.. I’m pretty sure they’ve been posting crazy Drunk Instagram lives for a long time, but it rarely made it to their YouTube channel. Also in the past, cullen’s substance abuse was a speculation at most. After he admitted he was still abusing substances in 2019(?), I think a lot of people realized he really was not who he appeared to be. And adding on to that, while they got a fair amount of views for their debt series, admitting how financially irresponsible they are definitely hurt their reputation in the long run. Especially now when we KNOW they have no money but spend it at lightning speed. If they never confirmed they were in a ton of debt, we would only be speculating that they had no money.

BASICALLY, they’ve probably always been this way, but they tried to appear better on YouTube. Them confirming their financial mistakes and drug/alcohol abuse turned all of gossipers speculation into facts and was overall detrimental to their public appearance (in my opinion)
Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

Look i could respect them a lot more if they took their debt seriously. Eating out every Friday at an expensive place isn't helping them at all. If they want Mexican then make it yourself. I know from living in FL they have a winn dixie in their area and the great thing about it is once you start racking up points you can use them for groceries or gas but they want to seem cool and shop at publix which to me is pricey. They need to get jobs and im sorry but sell that god awful SUV and get a standard car. Katie has to have the best and didn't understand that by marrying cullen she wouldn't have the best. Im not putting him down but I mean god Kelly knew what she wanted in life and got a man to provide for her the lifestyle she wanted. She has freaking phd and could use but chooses not too because youtube provides. We all know that her parents are keeping them afloat and I hope when her parents pass away that they put in their will that her inheritance is gone because they had to use it to keep them afloat.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Katie has the ability to work and buy herself everything she things she deserves. It isn’t a man’s job to give it to her. Sure Cullen is a lazy underachiever but so is Katie.

Cullen actually made them a decent living off YT for awhile there but it was Katie’s need to control the narrative about everything (and her shopping addiction) that arguably sunk then. Didn’t Cullen admit to turning to drugs more after the stress of the house and SUV?

BishandDish
Amateur
Amateur

In my opinion, cullen is likeable atleast. Hes someone i think would be funny and i could be friends with IRL. I think he feels like he isn't as smart as her so he let's her control things. I dont remember what his job was before YouTube. I always felt like they are a little bit of an odd couple. I think Cullen would be happy in their old old house, but katie "needs" a palace. He seems too laid back about life for katie.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Did anyone else find it weird how Katie was basically salivating over Gaines room? Like I am glad Gaines likes it but it's not really that deep. It's a bedroom she sleeps in it.

Really bothered me how Katie continued to justify buying the new rug for her room. It looked pretty expensive and it definitely not a "need". You are in debt up to your eyeballs yet still feel the need have so much excess.

It is insane the difference in Katie's tone and just overall body language when they were in Gaines room compared to Brooks. She really should seek therapy to help her actually bond with her son. Poor kid deserves better and she always seems so irritated with him for just existing.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

klb41611
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by klb41611 »

they haven't a clue how to budget or even PRETEND like they know. Katie readily admitted at the end "we thought we spent SO much money on these new rooms, but turns out we didn't!" - AKA, they just spend and buy, completely blind. In the end, they DID spend a LOT of money, they just want to justify it to themselves that "it's OK because we re-used some stuff". No. Your kids do NOT NEED new bedrooms. NEED vs. WANT. Look it up, Katie dear.

every other single person on YouTube (or anywhere) who gives budget advice, talks about starting with a declared budget number, and shows you how to stick with it. It's a total JOKE that these 2 morons are trying to pretend like they are budget conscious or savvy enough to hand out any advice. They are going to crash & burn all over again until bankruptcy.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

klb41611 wrote:they haven't a clue how to budget or even PRETEND like they know. Katie readily admitted at the end "we thought we spent SO much money on these new rooms, but turns out we didn't!" - AKA, they just spend and buy, completely blind. In the end, they DID spend a LOT of money, they just want to justify it to themselves that "it's OK because we re-used some stuff". No. Your kids do NOT NEED new bedrooms. NEED vs. WANT. Look it up, Katie dear.

every other single person on YouTube (or anywhere) who gives budget advice, talks about starting with a declared budget number, and shows you how to stick with it. It's a total JOKE that these 2 morons are trying to pretend like they are budget conscious or savvy enough to hand out any advice. They are going to crash & burn all over again until bankruptcy.
And that's why we watch, to see the $hi+ hit the fan. I feel for the kids though.

imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

To be honest I was glad to see youtubers' kids' bedrooms that look like kids actually live in them and are suited to their personalities. I'm so sick of seeing kids rooms like from Ruby Franke, Bonnie Hoellein, and Jordan Page which are sterile and adult-looking and entirely designed by the parents (or designers) to look good for a social media post. While C&K did have the reins on the bedroom designs because the kids are so young, they look like fun kids rooms with things in them that they actually enjoy.

I do agree on the unnecessary expenses, though.
What the_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by What the_ »

klb41611 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:22 am they haven't a clue how to budget or even PRETEND like they know. Katie readily admitted at the end "we thought we spent SO much money on these new rooms, but turns out we didn't!" - AKA, they just spend and buy, completely blind. In the end, they DID spend a LOT of money, they just want to justify it to themselves that "it's OK because we re-used some stuff". No. Your kids do NOT NEED new bedrooms. NEED vs. WANT. Look it up, Katie dear.

Yeah, I thought those bunk/loft type kids’ beds were expensive. Especially if from Pottery Barn. Watched the video but I didn’t catch if they said where they got the beds from? But I am glad that the kids had a lot of input into their rooms, especially after the upheaval of a big move that they just went through.
What the... :jd:
Iammrsnesbitt
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Iammrsnesbitt »

Tayloch00 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:33 am Look i could respect them a lot more if they took their debt seriously. Eating out every Friday at an expensive place isn't helping them at all. If they want Mexican then make it yourself. I know from living in FL they have a winn dixie in their area and the great thing about it is once you start racking up points you can use them for groceries or gas but they want to seem cool and shop at publix which to me is pricey. They need to get jobs and im sorry but sell that god awful SUV and get a standard car. Katie has to have the best and didn't understand that by marrying cullen she wouldn't have the best. Im not putting him down but I mean god Kelly knew what she wanted in life and got a man to provide for her the lifestyle she wanted. She has freaking phd and could use but chooses not too because youtube provides. We all know that her parents are keeping them afloat and I hope when her parents pass away that they put in their will that her inheritance is gone because they had to use it to keep them afloat.
It could end up with them losing their spot in the will and not telling C+K until it’s read by a lawyer after they’re gone. My grandparents have had to take care of my uncle his wife and their four kids for years at this point and my grandma didn’t tell him but he’s not in their will any longer. Everything is being left to my mom because she’s had a job majority of her life & doesn’t ask them for much ever.
BishandDish
Amateur
Amateur

I actually really like the kids new rooms. I think Cullen hit the nail on the head with his comment about how the smaller space was more fun for the kids. That's how my children are with their own rooms that are about the same size. Kids love having a space that feels like their own. Also made me uncomfortable when their kids closets and dressers are full and Katie says "We really downsized their clothes". How much shit do they need? haha

Also this was mentioned in another thread, but what is up with people putting family pictures/kids pictures up in their kids rooms? I legit have never seen that in real life. Is that a normal thing?!
BishandDish
Amateur
Amateur

I'm watching their debt update video.

They are making excuses for cullen not getting a real job. They literally barely put out content.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”