The Dad Challenge Podcast

Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: The Dad Challenge Podcast

Unread post by Kataja »

At first I enjoyed his videos. Then it became just too much. He seemed to be more and more obsessive about them and no one else.
I suspect it is because his own personal history with abandonment that this hits home for him. However, I think his tactics are wrong and he is no longer bringing awareness to the case but trying to benefit from it.

Also, he used to be a pastor. He obviously missed all the teachings of forgiveness :D
whywhywhywhy2020sdfa
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by whywhywhywhy2020sdfa »

Hey would any of you be willing to share the videos? I'm working on a video on the Dad Challenge Podcast.
wasteoftime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wasteoftime »

Share what videos?
PhreePanda
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PhreePanda »

wasteoftime wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:03 pm Share what videos?
I mentioned having the Weiss footage above. Which I don’t plan on sharing. I was on at the moment he deleted it and caught it thinking he would deny some things. I actually have a ton of footage he deleted because he goes back and says “stop saying I said that”. Like canceling all family vloggers. He says he never said it but it’s the name of one of his videos or was. Either way. I don’t like gaslighting. So I think she meant me. I inboxed her but she never logged back on.

I’m just assuming her for other reasons. Him or her. Lol.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

I can't believe he took Bonnie's bait so easily. Hook, line and sinker :D

He should have digger more deeper than one of Bonnie's ''real'' talks. There is no way Bonnie's going to respect her kids' wishes about vlogging.
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hyacinth »

Kataja wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:49 am I can't believe he took Bonnie's bait so easily. Hook, line and sinker :D

He should have digger more deeper than one of Bonnie's ''real'' talks. There is no way Bonnie's going to respect her kids' wishes about vlogging.
Everything that the DPC guy does is about his obsession and his ego.
AuntieAgape
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AuntieAgape »

Hyacinth wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:58 am
Kataja wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:49 am I can't believe he took Bonnie's bait so easily. Hook, line and sinker :D

I completely agree. And it blows my mind that he “shines a light” on the family vloggers who exploit their children - by posting and therefore profiting from videos about said children.

There was a particularly nasty video about Fathering Autism yesterday which I can’t find now. He kept emphasising that he didn’t know much about them and then proceeded to do a complete hatchet job on them. I know they’re not everybody’s favourite family but he was cherry picking stuff COMPLETELY out of context and twisting it to the point where not only was what he was saying blatantly untrue, he was sailing dangerously close to slander, and definitely defamation.

Also I find it weird that a grown man would choose to make a living from hating on complete strangers and inciting others to do the same. And the more toxic the comments section the happier he is. What a great example he’s setting his kids...
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

AuntieAgape wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:50 pm
Hyacinth wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:58 am

I completely agree. And it blows my mind that he “shines a light” on the family vloggers who exploit their children - by posting and therefore profiting from videos about said children.

There was a particularly nasty video about Fathering Autism yesterday which I can’t find now. He kept emphasising that he didn’t know much about them and then proceeded to do a complete hatchet job on them. I know they’re not everybody’s favourite family but he was cherry picking stuff COMPLETELY out of context and twisting it to the point where not only was what he was saying blatantly untrue, he was sailing dangerously close to slander, and definitely defamation.

Also I find it weird that a grown man would choose to make a living from hating on complete strangers and inciting others to do the same. And the more toxic the comments section the happier he is. What a great example he’s setting his kids...
And think about it, he used to be a pastor. I'm not religious anymore at all but I know the commandments and the eight commandment is about bearing false witness or "speaking a falsehood with the intention of deceiving" which encompasses all violations of truth. Hmm.. As ex-pastor, I think he should know that too :D I don't know if he is religious anymore but if he is, he is a hypocrite.

Actually that is one of the commandments that I actually like and try to keep, even though I'm an atheist...
earthwormjoe2
Talker
Talker

Unread post by earthwormjoe2 »

So I agree with this guy and what his purpose is, I think child exploitation is really bad with these mommy vloggers and I like his stance on it, but my goodness this guy is narcissistic. He rubs me the wrong way, gives me obsessed, jealous vibes. Like the bullied kid that is now getting revenge by “exposing” these people. Idk seems a little off to me. I feel at times he’s really reaching, and he dragged the Myka situation on for way too long. We get it, she sucks. You don’t need to keep talking about it lol homegirl is cancelled. I just saw his video about Roman, one of the very few channels I enjoy watching, and he started out by sexualizing Romans wife so I’m over it. He gives me weird stalker vibes and tries too hard IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anonsnark9109
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Anonsnark9109 »

I found this guy because I watch FatheringAutism and he did videos on them. I don't agree with everything the FA family does, I think any family channel that shows their children is exploring their kids to some degree. I hate that the wife does MLM on her channel, etc. But I think he intentionally twisted things. If he didn't intentionally twist things, then he barely watched any of their content before going on to make multiple videos about them which would be a terribly lazy way to go about running his channel. I think he did it knowingly though as there's just too much really basic details about them that he shared incorrectly.

He honestly got more wrong about fatheringautism than he got right, I feel like. Just a few examples:

He knew they had CPS Called on them because FatheringAutism did a video talking about how CPS came to see them, and why. The accusation made against them in the CPS complaint was that they weren't feeding Abbie enough. This likely was the result of her constantly signing snack/food and them sometimes telling her no. But she is not unnaturally thin, and she is frequently shown eating on camera. Anyway, Josh kept commenting about how CPS should be called on them because they do exploit their daughter. But...that's not why CPS was called. And family vlogging the way they do is not seen as child abuse or neglect so it would be a really stupid reason to call CPS anyway. But, anyway, I'm sure he knew the reason why CPS was called because they address it very directly in their CPS video. Yet he turns around and accuses them of feeding Abbie too many donuts and restaurant food. So...he himself knows she is clearly not underfed, and that the CPS call was stupid.

He claims that they have multiple caregivers for Abbie at the house at the same time. She does have multiple caregivers/respite workers but they aren't there all the time.

He claimed they show abbie having meltdowns. They show her whining/fussing sometimes like starting to get worked up, but they have never shown her having an actual meltdown. IF someone wanted to argue that they shouldn't even show her fussing, I would understand that point. But he intentionally made it seem like they film her meltdowns all the time which is just not true.

He said he has worked with people with autism so he knows a bit about it, but then later said that Abbie being mere violent towards her mom is a sign that Abbie doesn't like her mom. Anyone who has experience with autism or other special needs that can involve aggression would know that they don't get aggressive only out of logical causes like ethat...an autistic person being aggressive towards someone doesn't mean they don't like that person.

In general, he just seemed to really over-estimate her cognitive skills. I think something even regular watchers 'forget' about Abbie is she doesn't just have autism, she has a really severe intellectual disability, she is intellectually the age of a baby or young toddler. When they speak to her in the way many would speak to a young child, she clearly lights up. Yes, it would be condescending to speak to a typical 15 year old, or most other autistic 15-year-old girls in a tone like that. But based on her reaction, Abbie seems to really enjoy it and recognize it as an affectionate interaction.

Multiple times he was suggesting that he understood Abbie's sign language better than her parents which is just so arrogant when she uses adaptive sign language and has inconsistent communication skills day to day. He claimed she was 'clearly' saying she didn't want to film.

I get why people watch his videos about channels they don't watch and think he's doing a good thing, though. He makes it seem like he's putting lots of unbelievably awful stuff.
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Anonsnark9109 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:30 pm I found this guy because I watch FatheringAutism and he did videos on them. I don't agree with everything the FA family does, I think any family channel that shows their children is exploring their kids to some degree. I hate that the wife does MLM on her channel, etc. But I think he intentionally twisted things. If he didn't intentionally twist things, then he barely watched any of their content before going on to make multiple videos about them which would be a terribly lazy way to go about running his channel. I think he did it knowingly though as there's just too much really basic details about them that he shared incorrectly.

He honestly got more wrong about fatheringautism than he got right, I feel like. Just a few examples:

He knew they had CPS Called on them because FatheringAutism did a video talking about how CPS came to see them, and why. The accusation made against them in the CPS complaint was that they weren't feeding Abbie enough. This likely was the result of her constantly signing snack/food and them sometimes telling her no. But she is not unnaturally thin, and she is frequently shown eating on camera. Anyway, Josh kept commenting about how CPS should be called on them because they do exploit their daughter. But...that's not why CPS was called. And family vlogging the way they do is not seen as child abuse or neglect so it would be a really stupid reason to call CPS anyway. But, anyway, I'm sure he knew the reason why CPS was called because they address it very directly in their CPS video. Yet he turns around and accuses them of feeding Abbie too many donuts and restaurant food. So...he himself knows she is clearly not underfed, and that the CPS call was stupid.

He claims that they have multiple caregivers for Abbie at the house at the same time. She does have multiple caregivers/respite workers but they aren't there all the time.

He claimed they show abbie having meltdowns. They show her whining/fussing sometimes like starting to get worked up, but they have never shown her having an actual meltdown. IF someone wanted to argue that they shouldn't even show her fussing, I would understand that point. But he intentionally made it seem like they film her meltdowns all the time which is just not true.

He said he has worked with people with autism so he knows a bit about it, but then later said that Abbie being mere violent towards her mom is a sign that Abbie doesn't like her mom. Anyone who has experience with autism or other special needs that can involve aggression would know that they don't get aggressive only out of logical causes like ethat...an autistic person being aggressive towards someone doesn't mean they don't like that person.

In general, he just seemed to really over-estimate her cognitive skills. I think something even regular watchers 'forget' about Abbie is she doesn't just have autism, she has a really severe intellectual disability, she is intellectually the age of a baby or young toddler. When they speak to her in the way many would speak to a young child, she clearly lights up. Yes, it would be condescending to speak to a typical 15 year old, or most other autistic 15-year-old girls in a tone like that. But based on her reaction, Abbie seems to really enjoy it and recognize it as an affectionate interaction.

Multiple times he was suggesting that he understood Abbie's sign language better than her parents which is just so arrogant when she uses adaptive sign language and has inconsistent communication skills day to day. He claimed she was 'clearly' saying she didn't want to film.

I get why people watch his videos about channels they don't watch and think he's doing a good thing, though. He makes it seem like he's putting lots of unbelievably awful stuff.
I haven't watched the channel that you are talking about, but I came across DCP when the thing about the Stauffers blew up - I watched one vlog and it was okay (but 'impassioned") then he quickly became obsessed and has made multiple vlogs about them. I also really don't like the anger that you pick up on in his vlogs (There are also multiple other issues with the way that he goes about things)
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Kataja wrote:I can't believe he took Bonnie's bait so easily. Hook, line and sinker :D

I agree and he needs to do more research before uploading a vlog. The PPP loans he seems to be doing a better job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BreezyO

Unread post by BreezyO »

I don’t like that when anyone even slightly disagrees with him or tries to explain another POV in the comments his answer is ALWAYS “Sorry, NO! You’re dumb.” I watched him and found what he said kinda eye opening and interesting UNTIL I saw him reply to comments he read like that. Come on! We are adults....right?
It also personally hurt me when he was making fun of the Love Meg video where she was talking about depression. She was talking about days where it’s hard to get out of bed, and when you do it is an accomplishment to someone with severe depression to make their bed. Well, that is 100% true! I deal with it daily, do I want to? No! But for him to make fun of it and his ONLY WOMAN following to make jokes about it in the chat during the premier of it is just sick and sad.

P.S. Notice all the gifts he gets from fans? Notice they are ALL WOMEN? You can NOT tell me this isn’t going to his head and it hasn’t turned into a speeding train that he can’t/won’t stop.
wasteoftime
Gossiper
Gossiper

The way he speaks about women is horrible and socially unacceptable and he's a bit gross. What grown male puts so much energy into bullying random women on a daily basis?! He's ignorant and uninformed about some things and it's cringeworthy. Other times he's funny and accurate and has a good point. It's like listening in to a gossip session with my gay male friends when i was a teenager.

I can't hear the word sorry in any other context now without hearing his accent because he says it all the time. It's very annoying!

I love how happy and affectionate his cat is, it's cute.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

wasteoftime wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:48 am The way he speaks about women is horrible and socially unacceptable and he's a bit gross. What grown male puts so much energy into bullying random women on a daily basis?! He's ignorant and uninformed about some things and it's cringeworthy. Other times he's funny and accurate and has a good point. It's like listening in to a gossip session with my gay male friends when i was a teenager.

I can't hear the word sorry in any other context now without hearing his accent because he says it all the time. It's very annoying!

I love how happy and affectionate his cat is, it's cute.
I think that is his approach is a bit too much, but honestly, these women don't represent any of us today where many are hard-working while caring for their families. The YouTube creators put themselves out there and most if not all get offended if they are criticized. I think some of what he said was fair since no one lives like this and his focus is on wealthy women who took out PPP loans that clearly didn't need it.
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

I think that he is going to land himself with a whole heap of legal problems like the person from Without A Crystal Ball did.
wasteoftime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Hyacinth wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:06 pm I think that he is going to land himself with a whole heap of legal problems like the person from Without A Crystal Ball did.
He thinks he's immune because he's Canadian.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

wasteoftime wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:54 pm
Hyacinth wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:06 pm I think that he is going to land himself with a whole heap of legal problems like the person from Without A Crystal Ball did.
He thinks he's immune because he's Canadian.
Slander and defamation laws are different in Canada and yes this makes a difference. Creators put their lives in the public and then get upset if someone is critical of them.
Perhaps YouTube and IG creators will come after message boards that post opinions about their lives in the context about what they've uploaded. It is a slippery slope.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

YTIG60 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:20 pm
wasteoftime wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:54 pm He thinks he's immune because he's Canadian.
Slander and defamation laws are different in Canada and yes this makes a difference. Creators put their lives in the public and then get upset if someone is critical of them.
Perhaps YouTube and IG creators will come after message boards that post opinions about their lives in the context about what they've uploaded. It is a slippery slope.
I think this was already clear when he criticized 8 passengers / Ruby. They silenced lot of people by sending C&D through their lawyers but couldn't do that to DCP.
Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

Anyone else thinks he tries too hard to be Shay Carl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”