Phil and Alex: Boob Juice Infatuation & Heart Defect Exploitation! | Part 11

spicy_dreams
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phil and Alex: Boob Juice Infatuation & Heart Defect Exploitation! | Part 11

Unread post by spicy_dreams »

sondraK wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:39 pm
IVFwarrior wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:54 pm
sondraK wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:24 pm

That's exactly it.My mom was a narc,and life was all about what we could do for HER,and how we could make HER look good. It was never about what she could do for us,as a parent.You described that perfectly.
My mom also used to triangulate,as we got older,so I hope Alex somehow avoids that behavior,but I'm not counting on it.My parents also did the golden child/scapegoat syndrome with us,which really stinks.I was the scapegoat.Again,I hope this isn't something that is done to the kids at all
I'm really sorry you went through this. It must be horrible. And it's why Alex makes me SO angry.
Sadly, I do think she'll discard the objects/children when they no longer benefit her. It's the same in the car analogy I gave - the guy will sell the car and stop loving it as soon as it gets dirty and scratched up and no longer makes him feel important, rich and special. Alex will treat her kids the same way. In fact, she already is. As soon as they grow a little, or stop breastfeeding, they no longer fulfil her needs. She needs to move on to the next baby. Callie has looked miserable for years already. I'm sure she's already been catergorised as the difficult child, and is being treated as such by her parents.

Youtube is a dangerous place for narcs. The world of family vlogging is literally designed for them and it feeds their "habit". Alex has thousands of fans at her fingertips that gush about how great she is, fuelling her sense of self-importance. They then reward her financially for all the things she races after at the expense of others - pregnancy, breastfeeding, childbirth.
Thx,I've been to therapy,and am in group therapy now.
She makes me angry,too.
My mom only had use for me when I was a cute little baby and toddler.Once I got older she ignored me,and by the time I was a teen,she'd completely discarded me.And I hope I'm wrong,and I don't think I'm projecting,but it won't surprise me if this is the direction Alex is headed in.Phil just enables her as well.
Again,I hope I'm wrong
I feel you dude. I'm sorry. I went through a similar situation. My mum absolutely lights up when she talks about how people used to stop her in the supermarket to tell her what a gorgeous baby I was. But the way she always tells the story is very much all about her. Pretty much as soon as I was old enough to talk back (oh and I did) the house became a pretty abusive and unsafe place. I'm really grateful to be in therapy now, and in much less contact with my mother. I'm glad that you're in therapy too! This might not suit you, but there's this subreddit for children of narcissistic parents. It's reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists. I've found it very very helpful.

Something that really stands out to me with Alex is her moods. Clearly she has some pretty intense bad moods, and I get the impression that everybody is very much walking on eggshells around her. That's tough for the kids, they are probably well into the process of learning how to prevent mommy from losing her fucking mind. That breaks my heart to think about. That's an incredibly stressful state to live in.

The thing with narc parents that people might not understand if they haven't gotten familiar with this family dynamic, is that they're very good at hiding their true nature from the outside world. Only their direct family are really subjected to the true extent of it. The family is also brainwashed to keep it secret.

"Mommy is just having a bad day sweetheart." "Mommy is just tired/hungry/sad." Followed by making you believe your abuse is justified punishment due to your bad behaviour, and you don't want to tell anybody because then they will know how bad you are. They might appeal to your loving sensitive side. They might drive fear into you, making you think you'll be abandoned if you rock the boat too much. They'll make you think that if you're good, it'll all just go back to normal and it won't happen again.

But as far as the outside world is concerned, often people will have no idea how badly people are treated in private. It's all kept wrapped up with mind games and manipulation, and this carefully curated image. I get big time vibes of this from Alex. She is definitely very controlling in that department. However the mask slips a bit every now and then, and you can see it. That's either because she sucks at effective manipulation, or things are actually much worse than we realise. I hope for the kids sake, it's not that.
rwcjd87
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Phil and Alex: Boob Juice Infatuation & Heart Defect Exploitation! | Part 11

Unread post by rwcjd87 »

I get super bothered by how loud she ALWAYS is and how screechy she ALWAYS is but she seems to be annoyed by Cassidy making noise.
SazzleRah
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by SazzleRah »

I’m so confused how they have an automatic roomba vacuum (and their super duper Dyson they bought a year or so ago) yet their floor is absolutely filthy! Look at the state of Alex’s white socks when Cassidy is crawling around (next to the oven - gave me anxiety).
What a surprise they’re doing baby led weaning too... least effort possible.
SazzleRah
Amateur
Amateur

Also it makes me so mad the amount it Christian music they pump into the kids. I am Christian so have no issue with religion but I don’t believe kids should be brainwashed... they should have the chance to choose when they understand, not believe by proxy. Play them some normal music, let them be kids!!!
SazzleRah
Amateur
Amateur

Oh my goodness (sorry for the third post but I’m on one!) but OF COURSE Cassidy needs more tests done, more blood drawn because she has sensitive baby skin!!! I thought doctors in the USA were expensive yet she is insistent on something wrong with at least one of the kids all the time. Munchausens by Proxy. Poor Cassidy.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

SazzleRah wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:58 pm Also it makes me so mad the amount it Christian music they pump into the kids. I am Christian so have no issue with religion but I don’t believe kids should be brainwashed... they should have the chance to choose when they understand, not believe by proxy. Play them some normal music, let them be kids!!!
Oh no! There is no chance in million years that they would leave it to the kids to choose when they understand.

In a sense they are working against their beliefs since isn't it important in Christianity that it is belief and faith, and not knowledge. Because if you "know", then you don't believe anymore, and the belief is what saves?! Is my logic flawed?
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Did anyone catch Kinsley scratching the baby in her face ? I think she was playing then she looked back to see if mom was looking so to me it was intentional. Wonder if they have resentment already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rwcjd87
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by rwcjd87 »

Why on earth would you ever expect in an absolute emergency pull any baby let alone a heart baby by their arm like that... um I know before she said something about eggs bothering Cassidy's skin but those pancakes she feed her the other day had eggs in them so I'm confused wouldn't that bother her? Um and I am now 200% convinced she is not nursing at all because of how she cut the vlog at the moment she was going to "nurse" Cassidy...
zyiradraws
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by zyiradraws »

SazzleRah wrote:I’m so confused how they have an automatic roomba vacuum (and their super duper Dyson they bought a year or so ago) yet their floor is absolutely filthy! Look at the state of Alex’s white socks when Cassidy is crawling around (next to the oven - gave me anxiety).
Imma have to disagree with you there. Baby led weaning is not the least effort. Have you ever cleaned up a baby that fed itself spaghetti? Just throw the whole baby and kitchen away and start over, it's easier than cleaning it. I think that it's awesome for Cassidy. She can experience food at her own pace rather than be shoveled purees. It is one thing I do think they are doing right for her. I don't agree with their diet exactly, but at least she can have some autonomy about her food. Baby led weaning is awesome.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

PinkMoscato
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PinkMoscato »

zyiradraws wrote:
SazzleRah wrote:I’m so confused how they have an automatic roomba vacuum (and their super duper Dyson they bought a year or so ago) yet their floor is absolutely filthy! Look at the state of Alex’s white socks when Cassidy is crawling around (next to the oven - gave me anxiety).
Imma have to disagree with you there. Baby led weaning is not the least effort. Have you ever cleaned up a baby that fed itself spaghetti? Just throw the whole baby and kitchen away and start over, it's easier than cleaning it. I think that it's awesome for Cassidy. She can experience food at her own pace rather than be shoveled purees. It is one thing I do think they are doing right for her. I don't agree with their diet exactly, but at least she can have some autonomy about her food. Baby led weaning is awesome.

My pet peeve is that they say they’re doing baby led weaning but they’re not. Now she’s saying that it’s a modified baby led weaning. But spoon feeding and purées are not baby led weaning- it’s one of those things that you’re either doing or not doing- you really don’t do it part way.
IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

Unread post by IVFwarrior »

PinkMoscato wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:32 pm
zyiradraws wrote:

My pet peeve is that they say they’re doing baby led weaning but they’re not. Now she’s saying that it’s a modified baby led weaning. But spoon feeding and purées are not baby led weaning- it’s one of those things that you’re either doing or not doing- you really don’t do it part way.

Yep, there have been plenty of earlier photos/videos of her feeding Cassidy purees. "Modified" baby-led weaning is a made-up term. It's literally what most people who are not doing baby-led weaning are doing. Very few people in the past few decades have done 100% purees - they are doing what Alex does. She's trying to make herself sound special when she's literally doing what the masses do.

I think she's doing the self-feeding part for the cameras tbh.
zyiradraws
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by zyiradraws »

PinkMoscato wrote:
zyiradraws wrote:

Not true. Combo feeding is a thing. You don't have to only do just baby led weaning or only purees. You can do both. Why does it have to be one or the other? You eat food of all textures, babies can too. Especially a tiny thing like Cassidy who can use all the calories she can get.

IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

Unread post by IVFwarrior »

zyiradraws wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:07 pm
PinkMoscato wrote:
zyiradraws wrote:Imma have to disagree with you there. Baby led weaning is not the least effort. Have you ever cleaned up a baby that fed itself spaghetti? Just throw the whole baby and kitchen away and start over, it's easier than cleaning it. I think that it's awesome for Cassidy. She can experience food at her own pace rather than be shoveled purees. It is one thing I do think they are doing right for her. I don't agree with their diet exactly, but at least she can have some autonomy about her food. Baby led weaning is awesome.

Not true. Combo feeding is a thing. You don't have to only do just baby led weaning or only purees. You can do both. Why does it have to be one or the other? You eat food of all textures, babies can too. Especially a tiny thing like Cassidy who can use all the calories she can get.

No one said you can't combo feed. That's what most people do.

FYI - the baby led weaning community can be quite militant about the term (like Alex and her breastfeeding) and do not consider combo feeding to be baby led weaning. ie:

Combo feeding = mass/typical norm
Baby led weaning = whole food only, NO puree

Anyway, the commentary in this thread is around what Alex was calling the feeding style she was using, not whether children physically can or cannot do it. As soon as I saw the baby led weaning comment I knew this was going to go down a rabbit hole.

Can we all pretty pretty please not argue about the virtues of baby feeding styles? It's much more fun to criticise Alex's way of making herself seem so special and important.
PinkMoscato
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PinkMoscato »

IVFwarrior wrote:
zyiradraws wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:07 pm
PinkMoscato wrote: My pet peeve is that they say they’re doing baby led weaning but they’re not. Now she’s saying that it’s a modified baby led weaning. But spoon feeding and purées are not baby led weaning- it’s one of those things that you’re either doing or not doing- you really don’t do it part way.

No one said you can't combo feed. That's what most people do.

FYI - the baby led weaning community can be quite militant about the term (like Alex and her breastfeeding) and do not consider combo feeding to be baby led weaning. ie:

Combo feeding = mass/typical norm
Baby led weaning = whole food only, NO puree

Anyway, the commentary in this thread is around what Alex was calling the feeding style she was using, not whether children physically can or cannot do it. As soon as I saw the baby led weaning comment I knew this was going to go down a rabbit hole.

Can we all pretty pretty please not argue about the virtues of baby feeding styles? It's much more fun to criticise Alex's way of making herself seem so special and important.
Exactly- I wasn’t saying one was better than the other, but rather that by definition you can’t do spoon-fed purées and call it baby led weaning.

I don’t care how people choose to feed their kids (fed is best), but I do care about Alex claiming she’s doing something that she isn’t in order to fit into a trend. Especially because she claims to be teaching her followers about things- dont teach people how to do things incorrectly.

SazzleRah
Amateur
Amateur

[/quote]

Ok that’s interesting I didn’t know that. Thank you for explaining. I didn’t realise it was better x
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FlowersTar 68 »

I'm a bit behind on the vlogs. Of course Alex had to have the full colour and (I presume) cut on her hair while the girls hair looks virtually no different. They, especially Kinsley could've done with a good 3 inches off.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Chatabox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Chatabox »

Oh look, it was mentioned here about her not showing herself nursing anymore... and then we get an entire dedicated Insta post about it.

Way to be subtle Alex. ImageImage
rwcjd87
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by rwcjd87 »

Chatabox wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:07 am Oh look, it was mentioned here about her not showing herself nursing anymore... and then we get an entire dedicated Insta post about it.

Way to be subtle Alex. ImageImage
Yep but there was no way she was actually nursing in that picture...
SazzleRah
Amateur
Amateur

They summed it up perfectly in their last vlog “we’re not very good at finishing things, we are great at starting things” and I thought to myself “WE KNOW!!”

They lose interest in everything as soon as it’s not shiny and exciting any more.

Also noticed the yanking of Cassidy’s arm in the second to last VLOG- scary Mary that was hard!
Here_2_talk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Here_2_talk »

Every time I see her squeeze in ‘hidden homestead’ I throw up a little... what’s the bet that’s going to be the new tag line on their yt & ig channels

Return to “Phil and Alex”