Ellie and Jared: Hide and Seek....guess where Mommy is.....in bed! | Part #128

NormalName
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellie and Jared: Hide and Seek....guess where Mommy is.....in bed! | Part #128

Unread post by NormalName »

imoverit wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:10 pm I would be surprised that she showed herself in that skirt picture if she was actually pregnant and trying to hide a bump. I'm not sure if I see them having another kid honestly, I think it's possible Ellie has actually realized she has reached her limit and hardly even wants the kids she already has. I guess we'll see how much influence the culture she lives in has on her.

Also, I never, ever want anyone to forget how Ellie and Jared spoke about their first pregnancy before they found out it would be a boy. They said in almost every vlog at that time that they would love the baby more if it was a boy. Then they'd pretend to be kidding, and immediately say but they're actually serious. That's not how any parents should talk (publicly), let alone two who supposedly had so much trouble conceiving... So yeah, karma is a bitch.
I always thought that was weird too.. especially with their first when they had so much trouble conceiving in the first place!

I suppose it’s not really abnormal to have a preference, but it always rubbed me the wrong way how PUBLIC they made it. Imagine if they had a girl first and she went back and saw all the evidence that they CLEARLY would have preferred a boy. I would never want any future child to have ANY thoughts that I didn’t want them. It’s just cruel
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Ellie and Jared: Hide and Seek....guess where Mommy is.....in bed! | Part #128

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

Personal - I’m about 7 weeks along with my third (surprise) baby. With as unexpected this is and with as much as I’d love a second daughter, I’d never put one gender over the other as preference. I’ll love either one equally. Why can’t she do the same!
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

zipadeedodah wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:20 am Personal - I’m about 7 weeks along with my third (surprise) baby. With as unexpected this is and with as much as I’d love a second daughter, I’d never put one gender over the other as preference. I’ll love either one equally. Why can’t she do the same!
Congratulations! :D

I think if you get passed having two boys or two girls, and plan for a third baby, you are hoping for the next child would be the opposite gender. *I'm generalizing here with my own experience too. However, I believe if you have had past infertility issues, you might be more appreciative of all future pregnancies and gender wouldn't be an issue. To me, that ship has sailed with E+J saying they have infertility issues too. I also found it ironic, Ellie's and Jared's sisters and sister-in-laws all had girls during this same period she had her last son...I heard Jared saying something to this happening too.
I think Bonnie's vlog telling everyone she is having a third boy (Lincoln) was an extremely honest vlog. Remembering this vlog, I had forgotten how likable Bonnie was back then. Sure she expressed her disappointment she wasn't going to have a second daughter, but at the same time saying how they'll be fine with a boy too. My point is seeing some vloggers show their disappointment is not surprising to me and I'm not judging since I felt this too.
Julie told viewers they had the perfect family since they had two boys and two girls. Does she have the perfect family; who knows. However, being married to a thirty year old student would not be my dream life.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I don't have a problem with people saying it would be nice to have one gender, if they have a bunch of kids of the other gender. But the obsession some of these vloggers have with having daughters is really weird. There's no guarantee that the longed-for daughters are going to be little pink princesses. And especially if you have trouble conceiving, I can't understand not being grateful for any baby.
I still think that E&J's "infertility" was more an issue of them not knowing how to increase chances of conception; OR Jared used what knowledge he did have to keep Ellie from getting pregnant while they were so broke.I have never seen a woman who "struggled with infertility", who was as clueless as Ellie about how her own body works. After the Mother's Day pregnancy announcement, the poor nurse was trying to explain that her HCG levels weren't high enough, and she kept asking "but it's _there_ isn't it?". Having HCG in your body doesn't mean you're pregnant. But Ellie was insistent.
I still say that the staff in her doctor's offices do rock paper scissors over who has to deal with her.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Even if they do have a preference, why would you publicly say that? Why not just say a healthy baby would be a blessing? I remember Bonnie crying at her ultrasound and though how sad it will be for her future son to see that. Some things should be left unsaid. I'm not sure why a daughter is so important to them but gender roles are important in the Griffiths households.
roseter
Talker
Talker

Unread post by roseter »

Looking at Ellie’s face and her general waist area in her latest pic she just posted on IG, I’m still on the “she’s pregnant” train. Anyone else? She actually looks really gorgeous in the photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

ba1006 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:49 pm Even if they do have a preference, why would you publicly say that? Why not just say a healthy baby would be a blessing? I remember Bonnie crying at her ultrasound and though how sad it will be for her future son to see that. Some things should be left unsaid. I'm not sure why a daughter is so important to them but gender roles are important in the Griffiths households.
I don't think Lincoln will care about what Bonnie said when he wasn't even born and of course a healthy baby is a blessing. What Lincoln will not be happy to see is his potty training process (including set-backs) being filmed and uploaded for the public to see. I can't believe YouTube parents film potty training knowing their kid's school classmates can watch them.
I see a red flag with Ellie, and I believe Jared sees it too since handling three kids has been a challenge for her. I don't think she's in a good place with her physical or mental health to have another baby.
I can tell you what is disappointment is how many moms asked me if I was going to try for a daughter while holding my third newborn son. It happened more often than I anticipated to the point I talked to my pediatrician who was very helpful.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

roseter wrote:Looking at Ellie’s face and her general waist area in her latest pic she just posted on IG, I’m still on the “she’s pregnant” train. Anyone else? She actually looks really gorgeous in the photo.

I’ve been taking a Facebook and Instagram hiatus so no I haven’t seen any of her pics. For all I know she could have me blocked and I don’t know it lol
CognitiveDissonance
Talker
Talker

Unread post by CognitiveDissonance »

roseter wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:23 pm Looking at Ellie’s face and her general waist area in her latest pic she just posted on IG, I’m still on the “she’s pregnant” train. Anyone else? She actually looks really gorgeous in the photo.

I don't think she is. She would NOT let Julie have the pregnancy thunder, she would steal it in a heartbeat.
roseter
Talker
Talker

Unread post by roseter »

CognitiveDissonance wrote:
roseter wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:23 pm Looking at Ellie’s face and her general waist area in her latest pic she just posted on IG, I’m still on the “she’s pregnant” train. Anyone else? She actually looks really gorgeous in the photo.

I don't think she is. She would NOT let Julie have the pregnancy thunder, she would steal it in a heartbeat.
You do have a great point there!

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

roseter wrote:Looking at Ellie’s face and her general waist area in her latest pic she just posted on IG, I’m still on the “she’s pregnant” train. Anyone else? She actually looks really gorgeous in the photo.

I see what you mean but idk I'm on the fence between thinking she might keep it a secret because the "haters" would ask questions and she needs to be "selfish".... btw has she announced her word? Maybe its about self care Image

Anyways I also think it could be what HelloSweetie (I think) said that she would savor the house building and when that high wears off, finally implant their girlImage

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

She does actually look healthy there. I don't know if she's pregnant or not, but she has definitely gained a few pounds. It looks good on her.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

I'm not convinced she's pregnant. But if she is, we can't assume that she would announce instantly just because Julie is or that they didn't document it and planning to upload. She's had 3 kids and is tiny so will likely show early and if they've just had pictures done to announce they aren't going to go ahead without those pics to accompany it.
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

I don't think she is pregnant either. She was painfully thin before and maybe the Dr's told her she couldn't use IVF until she was at a healthy weight? Just a guess. To me she doesn't look pregnant, but I'm willing to eat my words. LOL!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Maybe they relocated to Saint George so Ellie could seek treatment for an eating disorder?

Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

Are you freaking kidding me? Maybe I’m late to posting (need to watch up on comments from the last couple days), but Calvin is having tonsil surgery today? I swear, Ellie is something else to be insisting that these things are necessary - especially at the boys’ ages. We really never see Calvin sick very often. There’s no way it’s medically necessary to remove his tonsils right now. I feel like most people don’t have it done until adolescence(ish). And usually you have multiple cases of strep a year before that’s considered something that should be done. Wtf. I am seriously over them and the shit they put their children through (physically and emotionally). It’s just sick.
Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

Can’t handle the 3 kids she already has OR her dog seeing as how she can’t even hold Penny on a leash in a store
YTIG60 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:19 pm
ba1006 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:49 pm Even if they do have a preference, why would you publicly say that? Why not just say a healthy baby would be a blessing? I remember Bonnie crying at her ultrasound and though how sad it will be for her future son to see that. Some things should be left unsaid. I'm not sure why a daughter is so important to them but gender roles are important in the Griffiths households.
I don't think Lincoln will care about what Bonnie said when he wasn't even born and of course a healthy baby is a blessing. What Lincoln will not be happy to see is his potty training process (including set-backs) being filmed and uploaded for the public to see. I can't believe YouTube parents film potty training knowing their kid's school classmates can watch them.
I see a red flag with Ellie, and I believe Jared sees it too since handling three kids has been a challenge for her. I don't think she's in a good place with her physical or mental health to have another baby.
I can tell you what is disappointment is how many moms asked me if I was going to try for a daughter while holding my third newborn son. It happened more often than I anticipated to the point I talked to my pediatrician who was very helpful.
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Mk1 wrote:Are you freaking kidding me? Maybe I’m late to posting (need to watch up on comments from the last couple days), but Calvin is having tonsil surgery today? I swear, Ellie is something else to be insisting that these things are necessary - especially at the boys’ ages. We really never see Calvin sick very often. There’s no way it’s medically necessary to remove his tonsils right now. I feel like most people don’t have it done until adolescence(ish). And usually you have multiple cases of strep a year before that’s considered something that should be done. Wtf. I am seriously over them and the shit they put their children through (physically and emotionally). It’s just sick.
You know, when my child had their tonsils/adenoids out it was because we mentioned they had trouble sleeping/dark circles and snored. They figured it was obstructive and found they were very large so removed them. I wonder if they're claiming the boys need them removed because they're not sleeping as long as they want them to

LittleRus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LittleRus »

Oh god they made a bolliebrand tik tok account

I will say ellie doesnt look pregnant in the tik tok videos

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

131618 wrote:
Mk1 wrote:Are you freaking kidding me? Maybe I’m late to posting (need to watch up on comments from the last couple days), but Calvin is having tonsil surgery today? I swear, Ellie is something else to be insisting that these things are necessary - especially at the boys’ ages. We really never see Calvin sick very often. There’s no way it’s medically necessary to remove his tonsils right now. I feel like most people don’t have it done until adolescence(ish). And usually you have multiple cases of strep a year before that’s considered something that should be done. Wtf. I am seriously over them and the shit they put their children through (physically and emotionally). It’s just sick.
You know, when my child had their tonsils/adenoids out it was because we mentioned they had trouble sleeping/dark circles and snored. They figured it was obstructive and found they were very large so removed them. I wonder if they're claiming the boys need them removed because they're not sleeping as long as they want them to

One of mine missed three weeks of school in kindergarten. She had a T & A removal and did not miss any school the next year. My other child snores like nobody's business. He had his adenoids removed at 4 1/2 years. My sister had her adenoids out at four and her tonsils out at 16.
I don't know if Calvin had sleep apnea or not. How would they know, Ellie and Jared don't pay attention. I can't imagine a doctor performing surgery for no reason. That would be a malpractice case waiting to happen.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”