Ellie and Jared: Hide and Seek....guess where Mommy is.....in bed! | Part #128

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ellie and Jared: Hide and Seek....guess where Mommy is.....in bed! | Part #128

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Ducklings4 wrote:
131618 wrote:
Mk1 wrote:Are you freaking kidding me? Maybe I’m late to posting (need to watch up on comments from the last couple days), but Calvin is having tonsil surgery today? I swear, Ellie is something else to be insisting that these things are necessary - especially at the boys’ ages. We really never see Calvin sick very often. There’s no way it’s medically necessary to remove his tonsils right now. I feel like most people don’t have it done until adolescence(ish). And usually you have multiple cases of strep a year before that’s considered something that should be done. Wtf. I am seriously over them and the shit they put their children through (physically and emotionally). It’s just sick.
You know, when my child had their tonsils/adenoids out it was because we mentioned they had trouble sleeping/dark circles and snored. They figured it was obstructive and found they were very large so removed them. I wonder if they're claiming the boys need them removed because they're not sleeping as long as they want them to

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
One of mine missed three weeks of school in kindergarten. She had a T & A removal and did not miss any school the next year. My other child snores like nobody's business. He had his adenoids removed at 4 1/2 years. My sister had her adenoids out at four and her tonsils out at 16.
I don't know if Calvin had sleep apnea or not. How would they know, Ellie and Jared don't pay attention. I can't imagine a doctor performing surgery for no reason. That would be a malpractice case waiting to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A doctor wouldn’t be opening themselves up to malpractice for a tonsillectomy the parent is requesting. I work at the hospital here, and there are some physicians that are more likely than others to offer an elective procedure instead of advocating lifestyle and environmental changes first. That’s the grey area with procedures like this.... it is largely based on the parents insistence that the child has shown an ongoing and chronic problem. It’s entirely possible that Ellie moved to a new area because she’d lost all credibility with the doctors in their area (also why they started travelling for care) and they were no longer taking her word for things.

The trouble with Ellie and Jared is that they have started using these medical vlogs for content. Their entire catalogue has become home building, Bollie and medical treatments. They are monetizing their child’s pain to the point of manufacturing it. This is seriously concerning.

imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Ellie and Jared: Hide and Seek....guess where Mommy is.....in bed! | Part #128

Unread post by imoverit »

Can they just put out ONE house video that is actually about the progress on the construction of the house and not some dramatic sentimental show like their life has changed because Ellie learned a new vocabulary word?
Sickandtired
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Sickandtired »

imoverit wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:19 pm Can they just put out ONE house video that is actually about the progress on the construction of the house and not some dramatic sentimental show like their life has changed because Ellie learned a new vocabulary word?
Oh my hell this made me laugh 🤣 but it’s so true! Who the flip cares what you put on the walls! It’s going to get covered up and never seen again! So pointless! And you definitely know Ellie looked through a dictionary in the car right before looking for big words to make her seem smart.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

All the wants in "their" house have amounted to near a million-dollar thirty-year mortgage and whatever they've put down from the proceeds when they sold the former home. I also get the feeling some of the construction crew isn't happy being filmed during this process and the pizzas are a payoff of some form.
For those who live outside the United States, building a home at this level without a job that has ongoing high income to pay for it isn't normal. Jared has plenty of time during the day to visit the site, whereas, most couples are working and come at the end of the day. The YouTube vlogs filming the housing process are not seeing meaningful views=income either as they did in the past. Their former home spending made sense since they were at the height of YouTube earnings, but this doesn't at all.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

YTIG60 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:48 pm All the wants in "their" house have amounted to near a million-dollar thirty-year mortgage and whatever they've put down from the proceeds when they sold the former home. I also get the feeling some of the construction crew isn't happy being filmed during this process and the pizzas are a payoff of some form.
For those who live outside the United States, building a home at this level without a job that has ongoing high income to pay for it isn't normal. Jared has plenty of time during the day to visit the site, whereas, most couples are working and come at the end of the day. The YouTube vlogs filming the housing process are not seeing meaningful views=income either as they did in the past. Their former home spending made sense since they were at the height of YouTube earnings, but this doesn't at all.
I'm still wondering how a bank approved of a nearly one million dollar mortgage to two unemployed millennials. All I can think of is they must have saved a lot of money during their early YouTube days and put down a substantial down payment. I doubt the sale of the old house was that enormous.
Apm1993
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Apm1993 »

ba1006 wrote:
YTIG60 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:48 pm All the wants in "their" house have amounted to near a million-dollar thirty-year mortgage and whatever they've put down from the proceeds when they sold the former home. I also get the feeling some of the construction crew isn't happy being filmed during this process and the pizzas are a payoff of some form.
I'm still wondering how a bank approved of a nearly one million dollar mortgage to two unemployed millennials. All I can think of is they must have saved a lot of money during their early YouTube days and put down a substantial down payment. I doubt the sale of the old house was that enormous.
Well they're not really unemployed. They have multiple sources of income.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Apm1993 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:35 pm Well they're not really unemployed. They have multiple sources of income.
Or they are living beyond their means.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

YTIG60 wrote:
Apm1993 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:35 pm Well they're not really unemployed. They have multiple sources of income.
Or they are living beyond their means.
They absolutely are overspending. They always have, even back when they said they did Dave Ramsey (which they def don’t now!). Taking a $960k mortgage out over 30 years is insane. Even if they did make money off the Logan house that money is gone since they took the $960k out well after the house sold. The property itself was $80k when they purchased it, and I can’t imagine it cost less than $420k to build, landscape, fence, and put the hot tub in. If they did make money it was minor. This was during their peak years. Any money earned during this time seems to be gone given the 30 year mortgage.

I’m always fascinated when people see someone spending and equate it to them having money. In reality most people who HAVE MONEY are more careful how they spend it because they realize how quickly it can multiply with proper investments. Hence they have money. Having multiple assets, but loans for those assets isn’t exactly having money.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And I am dying to know what these "multiple sources of income" are. Bollie can't be bringing in much, nor the cookbook. Social Blade has their max yearly income at $72K, and they aren't doing a lot of IG ads. And if they do have rental properties, those don't bring in a lot of income. Those are investments that pay off in the long run. Generally you're lucky to cover the mortgage and upkeep.
Even if they have income coming in, they are spending like crazy. It's not just the house. Ellie's multiple doctors and tests, botox, fillers, her high end skin care and little trips around with Bonnie plus the amount that they eat out, put a large dent in any income they have coming in.

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

I probably missed the #ad but really?? A 3000+ dollar bike????? It's cool and all but what happened to family bike rides and being so proud that Jackson learned to ride so early?

Apm1993
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Apm1993 »

I guess I don't understand why the income debate is always so testy here.

Are E & J maintaining a higher debt to income ratio than people here would be comfortable with? Sure, maybe!
Are they making less now than prior years on YT? Possibly!
In my opinion, do you tubers in general make a stupid amount of money (that they don't deserve)? Yes.
Are E & J setting themselves up for future financial failure, or at least hardships? They might be!

However, the argument that they don't have multiple sources of income is weird. They get paid for YouTube, they get paid for ads, Ellie seems to be making a sponsored IG post at least once a month (I don't watch her stories, so there could be more.) Those alone are thousands of dollars. They have at least one rental property (im thinking they have more but don't share that.) Bollie is probably not a big moneymaker at this point, but with cheap labor and cheap overpriced products, who knows. It also seems likely that they have "mailbox money" coming in via investments.

While it is easier to obtain a mortgage you can't really afford on a pre-existing home, that's still rare. Getting a new construction loan is different. They obviously provided proof on income and/or had a heck of a lot of savings to put toward this house.
You can't just walk into a bank and demand a mil to build a stupidly large house if you don't have money or sufficient income.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ellie and Jared: Hide and Seek....guess where Mommy is.....in bed! | Part #128

“They have at least one rental.”

They are on the mortgage for Jared’s parents home with his siblings. This isn’t bringing them in income, it’s to secure their parents home because of their past bankruptcies. Even if they had multiple rentals (and hopefully they do), I would hope that money is going toward investments for retirement and not this new mortgage. That makes zero sense. It would be smarter, and more in keeping with what Dave teaches to sell any property investments and instead take out an affordable mortgage (15% of your take home). E&J aren’t possibly setting themselves up for a risky situation. They are in a risky situation. This isn’t debatable when you know money. We also have no indication that they have rentals. They are listed on the Bollie properties, but these are not rentable in their current state. It’s money just sitting there.

They likely secured the loan based on their past two years income. 2018, 2019 they hadn’t cut back much yet and were still making good money. No one doubts that E&J are still bringing in a fairly good income for two people who don’t appear to do much, but are they bringing in enough to sustain a $4k mortgage every month for the next 30 years? Not a chance.

People need to watch Graham Stephan more. He’s a legit self made millionaire who works hard on YT, has multiple rental properties and only recently built a home because he cut his cost of living in half with a move to Las Vegas. (E&J’s cost of living went up 10-15% with their move to SG). While Ellie is busting their monthly food budget feeding the builders so they won’t tell her to leave them alone, a millionaire like Graham refuses to even go to a Starbucks because that’s $5 he could instead invest and turn into more money.

My point is.... they were once making $80k a month and squandered all that wasted opportunity. If they hadn’t done that, they wouldn’t be in the position to now need a $4k a month mortgage. They don’t seem to do a lot of planning for the future. You should always be making decisions in the present with an eye on the future. Those boys are going to become more expensive as they grow. Jared and Ellie both have health issues that could become more of an issue going forward effecting their ability to work. Ellie is completely dependent on Jared and should have a hefty life insurance policy on him (which would be expensive). That mortgage is going to be a monkey on their back and as soon as it stops feeling new Ellie is going to want to build all over again on the Bollie property in Logan.

The income debate is testy here because the argument that they are living outside reasonable means is logical. All the information we have supports this fact. The argument they must have money (or other income sources) is all based on assumption and possibility. They don’t act like people who have money. They act like every other YTer who is struggling to hold onto an image, identity and lifestyle they grew accustomed to.

Apm1993
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Apm1993 »

HelloSweetie wrote:“They have at least one rental.”

They are on the mortgage for Jared’s parents home with his siblings. This isn’t bringing them in income, it’s to secure their parents home because of their past bankruptcies. Even if they had multiple rentals (and hopefully they do), I would hope that money is going toward investments for retirement and not this new mortgage. That makes zero sense. It would be smarter, and more in keeping with what Dave teaches to sell any property investments and instead take out an affordable mortgage (15% of your take home). E&J aren’t possibly setting themselves up for a risky situation. They are in a risky situation. This isn’t debatable when you know money. We also have no indication that they have rentals. They are listed on the Bollie properties, but these are not rentable in their current state. It’s money just sitting there.

They likely secured the loan based on their past two years income. 2018, 2019 they hadn’t cut back much yet and were still making good money. No one doubts that E&J are still bringing in a fairly good income for two people who don’t appear to do much, but are they bringing in enough to sustain a $4k mortgage every month for the next 30 years? Not a chance.

People need to watch Graham Stephan more. He’s a legit self made millionaire who works hard on YT, has multiple rental properties and only recently built a home because he cut his cost of living in half with a move to Las Vegas. (E&J’s cost of living went up 10-15% with their move to SG). While Ellie is busting their monthly food budget feeding the builders so they won’t tell her to leave them alone, a millionaire like Graham refuses to even go to a Starbucks because that’s $5 he could instead invest and turn into more money.

My point is.... they were once making $80k a month and squandered all that wasted opportunity. If they hadn’t done that, they wouldn’t be in the position to now need a $4k a month mortgage. They don’t seem to do a lot of planning for the future. You should always be making decisions in the present with an eye on the future. Those boys are going to become more expensive as they grow. Jared and Ellie both have health issues that could become more of an issue going forward effecting their ability to work. Ellie is completely dependent on Jared and should have a hefty life insurance policy on him (which would be expensive). That mortgage is going to be a monkey on their back and as soon as it stops feeling new Ellie is going to want to build all over again on the Bollie property in Logan.

The income debate is testy here because the argument that they are living outside reasonable means is logical. All the information we have supports this fact. The argument they must have money (or other income sources) is all based on assumption and possibility. They don’t act like people who have money. They act like every other YTer who is struggling to hold onto an image, identity and lifestyle they grew accustomed to.

You could be right!
You could also be wrong, though.
The key phrase is "all the information we have."
There is sooooooo, so, so, so much we don't know.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Apm1993 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:01 am You could be right!
You could also be wrong, though.
The key phrase is "all the information we have."
There is sooooooo, so, so, so much we don't know.

E+J and other YouTubers who become wealthy show signs they don't adjust when the money changes or they don't adjust spending.
Cullen and Katie are good examples and they explained and even justify their debt spending. We all watched it in real time.

We all know this one is true. Social media exacerbates the "Keeping up with the Joneses." Trying to impress others isn't a sustainable strategy in being financially stable and Cullen and Katie are our glaring example. Personally, I think E+J partially falls into this category too.

E+J may have negative net worth in their future. When your expenses exceed your income for too long, you may end up with a negative net worth —> what you owe is greater than what you own. I've seen this happen when you have investments that don't continue to produce (enough) income or never produce income (house poor). I think most of us don't see an inheritance in E+J's futures too. It is extremely unlikely YouTube and brand deals will ever go back to what they once were resulting in seven figure income and E+J don't have the education/occupations/work experience that produces high income.

The one I'm curious to see in regards to their future spending is Bonnie and Joel. I've seen Bonnie show some financial spending restraints or at least is the one who worries if they go into debt. I hope this continues since Joel is a spender and this has surprised me. Joel early on in vlogging drove a beat up car, worried about the cost of adding another child to feed and worked overtime to provide for his family. To me, Joel just proves how becoming wealthy distorts your view of spending or saving. It is just very easy to go into debt.

People who are financially stable live below their means and YouTubers vlog just the opposite.
Last edited by YTIG60 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

It's true that there's a lot we don't know, but that goes both ways. We don't know that they have a ton of money coming in either. Bottom line is that if they had a lot coming in, they wouldn't have to do a 30 year mortgage. And it's foolish to spend the kind of money they are on a showy house. Bryan and Missy were doing better than E&J all along and they had to downsize. E&J are heading down the same path as Cullen and Katie. But Ellie gets what Ellie wants.
Don't mean to sound testy. It's just that the way Ellie and Jared are spending is (once again) foolish. And the boys are probably going to end up suffering for it. Because Ellie will make sure _she_ doesn't.
And truthfully, any testiness on my end isn't meant to be aimed at my fellow snarkers. I am frustrated seeing the willful ignorance these Youtubers display.

LittleRus
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by LittleRus »

I think E&J are better off financially than people think. If they invested a bunch of money in the stock market when it crashed last March they could have made an insane amount of money.

That being said, I do not understand taking out. Mortgage that large and it makes me wonder. My husband and I came into an inheritance several years ago and we now own a pretty expensive property. That being said we put over 80% down on it and took out a small mortgage. If they are financially comfortable I do not understand taking out the mortgage that huge

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote: Bottom line is that if they had a lot coming in, they wouldn't have to do a 30 year mortgage.

Don't mean to sound testy. It's just that the way Ellie and Jared are spending is (once again) foolish. And the boys are probably going to end up suffering for it. Because Ellie will make sure _she_ doesn't.

And truthfully, any testiness on my end isn't meant to be aimed at my fellow snarkers. I am frustrated seeing the willful ignorance these Youtubers display.
Exactly! I don’t mean to be testy either, I just get exasperated when people see spending and then assume that means someone has money. I get the fantasy is that one day you can live that life too, but it really isn’t sensible. You can have some luxuries, but you can’t have it ALL. There still needs to be some common sense. Luxury house, new vehicles, toys, daily treats, restaurants, travel, tithing, cosmetic procedures, medical treatments, 60 pairs of shoots, quarterly family photoshoots, vanity projects, etc. If you aren’t careful with your money your lifestyle will creep up with every income boost you have and it’s really hard to adjust once it’s become habit. It’s even harder when you’re an emotional spender reacting to the stress of a declining income (as we see with Katie and I think E&J too).

They will be paying over $2k a month just in interest. That’s a lot of money that could instead be earning money for them. They could afford a nice home, but maybe not THAT nice. And that’s IF they actually do have that extra money rolling in.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

LittleRus wrote:I think E&J are better off financially than people think. If they invested a bunch of money in the stock market when it crashed last March they could have made an insane amount of money.

That being said, I do not understand taking out. Mortgage that large and it makes me wonder. My husband and I came into an inheritance several years ago and we now own a pretty expensive property. That being said we put over 80% down on it and took out a small mortgage. If they are financially comfortable I do not understand taking out the mortgage that huge

This is exactly my point! People who have money tend to be more careful with it. I have in-laws who don’t know what to talk about other than their recent purchases. The purchases always “make sense.” In contrast my husband has sizeable investments, but his family thinks he’s ridiculous for not buying a new truck and things because he has money. We were even told it made no sense to save for our children’s education. They live their lives on monthly payments, whereas we live ours with a focus on our assets and future holdings. We aren’t frugal by any means, just mindful. I agree it will be interesting to see how Bonnie handles things. They are either going to go completely nuts or be surprisingly sensible.

It isn’t the home build itself I side-eye, it’s the large amount of debt to account for it. It’s not like they have reason to believe their YT/IG career (or Bollie) is still on the upswing. They are one family scandal away from family vlogs being completely demonetized by YT. It’s a huge risk. They are also getting older, and are about to be replaced by younger and “fresher” family Vloggers. You can see the regression based on the sponsors they are getting. They are no longer top tier. It’s back to the sponsors who tend to support 100k-200k sub YTers.

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

It will be interesting to see what kind of mortgage B&J will take out to build their dream house. There's no way she won't want a huge house with all the high-end amenities and Joel will want all the toys that will fit on that huge property. I suppose they are counting on lots of views during the building process. It's not working for E&J but we'll see.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

What's ironic is that Ellie tosses around buzzwords like "mindfulness" and "intentional", but her spending and the way she lives in general are the very opposite of those words...

Return to “Ellie and Jared”