Daily Bumps: On The Road To Nowhere (part 109)

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Daily Bumps: On The Road To Nowhere (part 109)

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Not that I would want a baby shower (or multiple baby showers) during a pandemic as a high-risk pregnant woman, but compared to the elaborate parties Missy used to throw, that was very...low key. Maybe that's what her sister asked for, but I thought the gender reveal party had a more elaborate spread. A pitcher of drinks, a few banners, and a cake with barely any food. It looked like they had a sad plate of baked potatoes. No one was masked and they clearly don't give a shit, so I don't think it was downplayed over covid concerns. Have they taken that big of a financial hit? I'm pretty low-key and don't tout myself as a party planner, but my baby shower was more elaborate than that. Before this year, I would have expected Missy to do a catered lunch, flower arrangements, some tacky hobby lobby decorations, multiple games, etc.

Again, the footage was very sparse so maybe they are down playing the gathering a bit to avoid push back from viewers. But it just looked like Missy put barely any thought (or money) into it. What does Cassie need with a bunch of diapers with sharpie written on them? It was in stark contrast to the way they usually spend on their parties.
PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:Not that I would want a baby shower (or multiple baby showers) during a pandemic as a high-risk pregnant woman, but compared to the elaborate parties Missy used to throw, that was very...low key. Maybe that's what her sister asked for, but I thought the gender reveal party had a more elaborate spread. A pitcher of drinks, a few banners, and a cake with barely any food. It looked like they had a sad plate of baked potatoes. No one was masked and they clearly don't give a shit, so I don't think it was downplayed over covid concerns. Have they taken that big of a financial hit? I'm pretty low-key and don't tout myself as a party planner, but my baby shower was more elaborate than that. Before this year, I would have expected Missy to do a catered lunch, flower arrangements, some tacky hobby lobby decorations, multiple games, etc.

Again, the footage was very sparse so maybe they are down playing the gathering a bit to avoid push back from viewers. But it just looked like Missy put barely any thought (or money) into it. What does Cassie need with a bunch of diapers with sharpie written on them? It was in stark contrast to the way they usually spend on their parties.
Cassie said in one of her own Vlogs that they wanted two small baby showers one with Carlos’ family and one with Cassie’s family. I don’t know Cassie and Jimmy both have always struck me as more down to earth than Missy and Bryan. Cassie and Carlos both seem more shy and not wanting a big fuss. Even their wedding was small. Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s just the impression they give me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I thought Cassie's wedding was a typical mid-range wedding. It was on a boat and it looked nice. The baby shower Missy threw seemed underwhelming. I would at least expect some nice flowers and a nice food spread. It seemed like she rolled out of the campsite, didn't bother to shower, and threw something together. I'd be like...what am I supposed to do with all these diapers with sharpie on them? She could have had a meaningful guest book or a craft that Cassie would have actually kept. Cassie seemed pissed that she was still cleaning orange juice out from behind her fridge after everyone left. I'd be regretting letting Missy plan it. They let Missy plan a pretty elaborate gender reveal. I doubt they would have minded some nice flowers and food. Something had changed big time with their finances.
Edenberry
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Edenberry »

:-o :-o :-o :?
I'm sorry...she is looking ROUGH for her age.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

I mean...yeah you're "camping"...but you have a shower in your camper. Use it. Moisturize your face and put on some sunscreen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Oh, she hates moisturizer. Says it's slimy or something like that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

taminjoeplusthree
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by taminjoeplusthree »

Edenberry wrote::-o :-o :-o :?
I'm sorry...she is looking ROUGH for her age.
Haven't watched them in literally years and she has aged bad. Out of curiosity i asked my husband how old he thinks she is and he said 40-45Image

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So, he needed Jim's help to get the trailer (it's not even a full-on RV) hooked up to their truck. I guess they are finally getting some real use out of the truck, instead of just having it to show off.
I can't wait to see him try to hook it up by himself. He's so useless, he can't hang pictures by himself.
And apparently they "took a week off of vlogging for our mental health". Sure, Jan.

Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

I have not watched them in forever. What the heck is up with her teeth?

Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

Im sorry if this has already been addressed but where are the chickens, goats and dogs?

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:So, he needed Jim's help to get the trailer (it's not even a full-on RV) hooked up to their truck. I guess they are finally getting some real use out of the truck, instead of just having it to show off.
I can't wait to see him try to hook it up by himself. He's so useless, he can't hang pictures by himself.
And apparently they "took a week off of vlogging for our mental health". Sure, Jan.

I think this is unfair tbh. Men aren’t born able to do “manly things” like connect a trailer. We wouldn’t expect Missy to know how to hang pictures or connect a trailer. In their video the other day Bryan was levelling it himself and seemed really confident and excited about his ability to do it. I think growing up without a father (or other male role model) really hurt him, and he’s still learning. He’s a douche and try hard for sure, and I have no doubt this is just another one of his “images” he’s trying to project, but he has provided for his family in a huge way. I think money has become a concern, but there is no way they have to live in a trailer. I think they are still far more set than B&J and E&J who are all still spending recklessly and planning new homes. I get the impression they are trying to adjust their lifestyle and need for constant consumption. I have no doubt they needed a week to work on their mental health. IMO something besides money has caused this change. Illness? Mental health issues? Something.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Romeoxsavexme wrote:Im sorry if this has already been addressed but where are the chickens, goats and dogs?

The goats have been long gone. They ignored questions about them for ages, then finally said that they had been "fostering" them, and they had gone back home. Which is BS, because when they got the goats, they called them "new family members". I'm betting that they got bigger and were used to having the run of house, so B&M did what they always do when animals become inconvenient: they got rid of them.
Karma is with Mimi and Papa. I think Luna is with Cassie, and who knows where the chickens are.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:So, he needed Jim's help to get the trailer (it's not even a full-on RV) hooked up to their truck. I guess they are finally getting some real use out of the truck, instead of just having it to show off.

I think this is unfair tbh. Men aren’t born able to do “manly things” like connect a trailer. We wouldn’t expect Missy to know how to hang pictures or connect a trailer. In their video the other day Bryan was levelling it himself and seemed really confident and excited about his ability to do it. I think growing up without a father (or other male role model) really hurt him, and he’s still learning. He’s a douche and try hard for sure, and I have no doubt this is just another one of his “images” he’s trying to project, but he has provided for his family in a huge way. I think money has become a concern, but there is no way they have to live in a trailer. I think they are still far more set than B&J and E&J who are all still spending recklessly and planning new homes. I get the impression they are trying to adjust their lifestyle and need for constant consumption. I have no doubt they needed a week to work on their mental health. IMO something besides money has caused this change. Illness? Mental health issues? Something.

I didn't mean it in a "manly things" kind of way. If he is learning how to do things, then ok, good for him. It's just that in the past, he and Missy both have been way too happy to let Jim do anything that required any kind of manual labor. It's not gender-related for me. He and Missy are adults, and having to have Jim come over just to hang pictures, is ridiculous. I've been a single mom for a long time. I don't call a man to change fuses, hang pictures or snake my toilet. I meant that he (or Missy even) should be able to do some of these things because they're adults. Maybe he grew up without a father, but he has had plenty of time to learn simple tasks around the house. Even without a father, plenty of people learn these things. It doesn't require a dad to learn them.
But I'm willing to accept that he's learning to take on some simple household tasks.
And the main reason I questioned their taking a break for 1 week for their "mental health" is that they haven't been daily vlogging for ages. So what is the big deal about the past week, except to mention it for attention? Betting that the Q&A they were doing didn't answer any questions like "why on earth would you wait until your kids are school age to do the road life?". Ollie doesn't look really happy in the pictures they've been posting lately. He probably misses school, and his friends.

Why are only Bryan, Missy and Ollie in today's thumbnail?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

One more, sorry. "Useless" was harsh. I can admit to that.

Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

The new owners of the house wanted the chickens, so they stayed at the house.

In their new house they (Bryan) answered the question about taking showers. He said he tried to take a shower every day but that didn't work out. Why?? How hard is it to take a shower, and how gross, especially since they are in a warm climate....gag!
I noticed Missy didn't answer since we know she goes days without taking a shower too. She went to Cassie's baby shower without taking a shower for 3 days. Who does that???
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I agree that the degree to which these two grown adults rely on her parents is frankly weird. It was perhaps slightly less weird to me when she was pregnant with their first because they were rather naive to be having children. But they're in their 30s now with two kids. Hanging picture frames is basic adulting and most people learn how to do it when they get their first place, if not sooner. It's basic math and a level. And as far as providing for his family, that YouTube income was dependent on exploiting their minor children to predators. That is a huge part of every family vlogger's audience and they can't pretend that's not the case anymore when their analytics are available.
Southerndunes260
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Southerndunes260 »

They are a joke!! 2 weeks at that camp ground and now they are back at Mimi and papas I always knew that would happen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
hotcoffee
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hotcoffee »

HashtagBlessed wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:20 pm I agree that the degree to which these two grown adults rely on her parents is frankly weird. It was perhaps slightly less weird to me when she was pregnant with their first because they were rather naive to be having children. But they're in their 30s now with two kids. Hanging picture frames is basic adulting and most people learn how to do it when they get their first place, if not sooner. It's basic math and a level. And as far as providing for his family, that YouTube income was dependent on exploiting their minor children to predators. That is a huge part of every family vlogger's audience and they can't pretend that's not the case anymore when their analytics are available.
It's so pathetic. What makes it worse is that they were the big bread winners in the whole lanning family. They should have stashed enough money away while they were raking it in that this whole scenario shouldn't even be necessary!! Their YouTube income is drying up faster than I would have thought according to social blade, and yet the way they still throw money at Bryans failed career attempt as a big music star blows my mind.
I don't care about your life
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I really can't comprehend how Missy justifies the money getting thrown at Bryan's "music career". Does she really believe he's going to be the next Jason Aldean (even more important, that she will be like Brittany Aldean), or Thomas Rhett?
She should remember that Jason divorced his first wife, and his second wife is the one with the big beautiful house.
She can't possibly believe he's as talented as he thinks he is.
And I would hope that they would have checked out the shower situation _before_ buying a trailer, but that just shows what bozos they are. Makes it pretty unsurprising that they are having money problems.

LuckyCharm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LuckyCharm »

All of the other family vloggers that are out getting boob jobs & buying huge mansions from exploiting their kids should look at missy & Bryan as an example of what could soon happen to them!

Return to “Daily Bumps”