Cullen and Katie: Debt who? All our stuff has to be brand new! | Part 28

RottieMama
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Cullen and Katie: Debt who? All our stuff has to be brand new! | Part 28

Unread post by RottieMama »

THREAD TITLE: Cullen and Katie: Debt who? All our stuff has to be brand new! | Part 28

TITLE CREDIT: NormalName

PREVIOUS: viewtopic.php?p=1692672#p1692672

BishandDish
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Debt who? All our stuff has to be brand new! | Part 28

Unread post by BishandDish »

Love thetitle!
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

Great title. LOL
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

So let me get this straight. These two are I'm debt up to their eyeballs and barely made it out of a foreclosure. Yet they turned down a sponsored free play set because they wanted it at their "forever home". Yet went out and bought a trampoline and dome jungle gym. She linked it and although he wasn't super specific on which one they purchased it was either $250 or over $400. How do they think this aligns with their debt journey exactly? It's clear they are no longer following Dave Ramsey so I hope they no longer make reference to his plan because it's extremely misleading. I don't see how anyone serious about their debt could possibly follow these idiots. Katie just talked about how they have a park in the neighborhood and they didn't need the play set right now. Then they turnaround and spend money when they could have just accepted the free play set? Make it make sense.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

BishandDish
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BishandDish »

I think selling the house, and getting out from under that, AS WELL AS getting obvious help referred to in the January budget has allowed them to feel like they are getting out of the hole they put themselves in. You could tell from their recent budget video when they were like "We can pay the rest of this off in a year". Their family needs to let them FAIL and hit rock bottom.
Ljs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ljs »

So these 2 are definitely not following Dave Ramsey anymore. I watched their original debt videos and was intrigued how they went but then sort of forgot and I'm 7 mins into their latest and omg these idiots. They've moved and bought a whole bunch of new shit. Dave won't be happy hahahahaha.
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

I had to turn off the latest video halfway through. They're just walking around their house and showing all the crap they've bought since they moved. And probably about HALF of this video was them peddling commercials for their sponsors. There is NO CONTENT HERE. Once again.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

So their new video is beyond insane and I feel like they are just phasing out the debt content. A whole vlog dedicated to all of the crap they "needed". They also admitted to buying the robot vacuum themselves.

I get that they sold a lot and obviously needed a few things to fit the new space. However they had a ton of furniture in the old house that could have worked.

I really wish her parents would just let them crash and burn.

Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

I just called them out on insta on their dumbass debt crap. Like yeah let me show you all my crap I bought even though im still 100000 in debt but i don't care. I mean seriously a romba that is like for people that live busy lives. I would love to see them crash and burn.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Boymomma123 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:33 pm
I really wish her parents would just let them crash and burn.

From what I can gather it seems Katies parents give them (and presumably Kelley also) a pretty large cash gift once or twice a year. Yes they could stop giving it to Katie until she gets her shit together but if they do that they can kiss goodbye to seeing their grandkids and they are not willing to do that I imagine. People do say don't give someone a gift if you're going to try control how they spend it.

I'd say Katies family have tried to guide them in a different direction over the last few years and have said as much they can without completely blowing up the relationship because its obvious they've come close. I have to say I am starting to wonder if they tried to encourage her to leave Cullen but she wont because its the last thing she ever thought would happen to her so she is being stubborn and running away from the family. I always thought her family would be the last people to encourage a divorce but maybe they are wise enough to know Katie will be forever miserable with her life on the path it is on now. I'm sure they know a lot more than we know about Cullen (and maybe Katie's) addictions and are well aware the odds of a comfortable life are hugely stacked against them.
janaduggar
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by janaduggar »

"I enjoy mixing it into a mixed drink. Like an ADULT beverage. You know what I'm saying?"

Yes. We know you're an alcoholic Katie. Image

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

penny17
Talker
Talker

Unread post by penny17 »

I can not believe these idiots are basically posting a home haul while they are in this debt disaster and claiming to do Daves plan! Ugh buying plants and pillows and chairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MyTwoCentsOkay
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by MyTwoCentsOkay »

New member here. I just can't with Katie & Cullen they are so shady when it comes to their debt journey. I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but they didn't mention to their audience they rec'd $25k PPP loan back in Aug 2020, by no other than Regions bank. Well there you go they got 25% of their debt paid by the federal gov't. No mention of that in their videos, it's gross how they mislead their audience. It's all public info one Google search & you can see for yourself.
SomeoneActually
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SomeoneActually »

MyTwoCentsOkay wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:32 am New member here. I just can't with Katie & Cullen they are so shady when it comes to their debt journey. I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but they didn't mention to their audience they rec'd $25k PPP loan back in Aug 2020, by no other than Regions bank. Well there you go they got 25% of their debt paid by the federal gov't. No mention of that in their videos, it's gross how they mislead their audience. It's all public info one Google search & you can see for yourself.
Show us the proof. I want to see it. If true that is crazy.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

SomeoneActually wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:04 am
MyTwoCentsOkay wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:32 am New member here. I just can't with Katie & Cullen they are so shady when it comes to their debt journey. I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but they didn't mention to their audience they rec'd $25k PPP loan back in Aug 2020, by no other than Regions bank. Well there you go they got 25% of their debt paid by the federal gov't. No mention of that in their videos, it's gross how they mislead their audience. It's all public info one Google search & you can see for yourself.
Show us the proof. I want to see it. If true that is crazy.
Wow, if this is true, I just read, "The loan may be partially or fully forgiven if the business keeps its employee counts and employee wages stable." Their only employees are Katie and Cullen! Will see if this is publically available. It would certainly explain how they are suddenly spending with abandon.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I saw Dave Ramsey talking about how the PPP loans were a ripoff (he had said not to do them) and that none has been forgiven yet and likely wouldn’t be. It’s a loan. It’s just more debt. They are spending again because they feel like they’ve made changes and now they can. Trouble is they haven’t changed shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I scanned the Alabama PPP loan list and didn't see them, but to be honest I don't know what they call their LLC. It also may not be updated yet. OP, would be interested to know your source. As of right now, I don't think they received a PPP loan.

https://www.federalpay.org/paycheck-pro ... rogram/al/
Saynomore
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Saynomore »

1st time poster, but I also found their PPP information- $25,000 based on $120,000 in payroll expenses.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

I also found it on the link above without any difficulty. Once you know their old zip code and amount of loan was 25k you will find it. Now I'm not American so can someone explain to me what that is and why it is bad?
Our government are giving subsidies to help businesses pay payroll but it is not a loan of any description.
SomeoneActually
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SomeoneActually »

Here is a screenshot. They are lazy.
20210130_091015.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”